The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
JoeMauer89

Re: 2024

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:14 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:02 pm Yes that's true, but we don't have many if ANY at all that come on THIS site, just to talk politics strictly. It's clearly the 2nd username of the FLP brethren. With a slight nuance in the way they respond from their main account.

Joe

This is the sad state of the divisiveness of American politics. When you encounter someone you think you disagree with, you automatically label them into your opposition. FLP my tuckus, I just like calling out BS. Which I have to do a heck of a lot more with the Trumpists and far-right.

Why so divisive in your incorrect labeling?
Natty,

If your being truthfully, which I don't believe because nearly every team at all levels get's discussed on the various threads that exist in this site, why haven't you at least attempted to start a thread about the lacrosse teams that you do care about? If you are not lying, I don't know why you would come to a lacrosse-based site to discuss politics with a extremely small group people that is often not representative of the greater society as a whole, myself included. I am not absolved from such behavior either.

Joe
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:22 pm
Natty,

If your being truthfully, which I don't believe because nearly every team at all levels get's discussed on the various threads that exist in this site, why haven't you at least attempted to start a thread about the lacrosse teams that you do care about. If you are not lying, I don't know why you would come to a lacrosse-based site to discuss politics with a extremely small group people that is often not representative of the greater society as a whole, myself included. I am not absolved from such behavior either.

Joe
Because I don't want to? Lurkers and regulars come and go and come back all the time. There are probably people out there not posting who have been reading for more than a decade including the old site. It's not lacrosse season and I haven't been involved in lacrosse in a meaningful way in a while. I haven't meaningfully participated in a lacrosse based thread on any forum in like 4 years. I'm not going to add any substantive info to the lacrosse forums.

Politics is an everyday event, especially when it starts affecting my life. I'm not a FRC, or a FLP. I'm a red-blooded GD American with some liberal views, some conservative views, some libertarian views and more. And I'm tired of seeing people keep this country from moving forward, moving back up in the world in categories we should be near the top in, and refusing to help out their fellow Americans because of their selfishness.

That good enough for you bro?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'd add that we have a lightly moderated site, but it is actually moderated and it doesn't have algorithms that present us with the most divisive, angry content. We can find it here, but it's far from overwhelming.

People generally are far more polite on here than general social media.

Maybe because of structure, maybe because of so many of us actually do know others from the lax community, I don't know...but at least to me this is a far more pleasant place to discuss topics and learn from others than anywhere else I've been on the net.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:45 pm I'd add that we have a lightly moderated site, but it is actually moderated and it doesn't have algorithms that present us with the most divisive, angry content. We can find it here, but it's far from overwhelming.

People generally are far more polite on here than general social media.

Maybe because of structure, maybe because of so many of us actually do know others from the lax community, I don't know...but at least to me this is a far more pleasant place to discuss topics and learn from others than anywhere else I've been on the net.
We can all agree there!

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:18 pm Plus, Psaki offered this bunk as she tried to avoid the gaping contradiction on vaccination rules. Team Biden just announced that it will start letting vaccinated travelers from dozens of nations finally visit America again (come November), while still denying entry to the un-jabbed.

But the administration is not demanding vaccinations for the countless illegal border-crossers that it’s allowing in. Why? Because “it’s not the same thing,”.......
Well, she's right. It's not the same thing.

That, said, not vaccinating people who are immigrating to the US is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Health policy wonks have to be livid at this Biden policy.

So I think she's not lying. She's just making dumb excuses for a moronic, brain-dead policy. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:15 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:18 pm Plus, Psaki offered this bunk as she tried to avoid the gaping contradiction on vaccination rules. Team Biden just announced that it will start letting vaccinated travelers from dozens of nations finally visit America again (come November), while still denying entry to the un-jabbed.

But the administration is not demanding vaccinations for the countless illegal border-crossers that it’s allowing in. Why? Because “it’s not the same thing,”.......

That, said, not vaccinating people who are immigrating to the US is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Health policy wonks have to be livid at this Biden policy.

So I think she's not lying. She's just making dumb excuses for a moronic, brain-dead policy. ;)
Yup, that's my read too.
Not sure what they're thinking...seems pretty obvious, though they do seem quite overwhelmed by the scale of the influx, just getting them basic food, water and then shelter, much less shots...but it wouldn't be that difficult to be clear that will be the objective prior to anyone being shipped back or processed into the US for asylum.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:38 pm Not sure what they're thinking...seems pretty obvious, though they do seem quite overwhelmed by the scale of the influx, just getting them basic food, water and then shelter, much less shots...but it wouldn't be that difficult to be clear that will be the objective prior to anyone being shipped back or processed into the US for asylum.
I literally cannot come up with a reason as to why they not only wouldn't vaccine them----but why they wouldn't give them the "one shot" J&J vaccine.

I'm coming up blank. There isn't a reason not to do this. Idiotic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:38 pm Not sure what they're thinking...seems pretty obvious, though they do seem quite overwhelmed by the scale of the influx, just getting them basic food, water and then shelter, much less shots...but it wouldn't be that difficult to be clear that will be the objective prior to anyone being shipped back or processed into the US for asylum.
I literally cannot come up with a reason as to why they not only wouldn't vaccine them----but why they wouldn't give them the "one shot" J&J vaccine.

I'm coming up blank. There isn't a reason not to do this. Idiotic.
Yup, pretty darn simple.

I'd understand if they felt they had to offer it, not force it.
But make it a condition of being further processed, else sit under a bridge, or put on a plane first in line to go back.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:05 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:59 pm Day 1

C-SPAN

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany: "I will never lie to you. You have my word on that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zoiTTvDjGg
Well...that's my point isn't it? They all lie, Psaki is just better at it.
LOL

Here is Kayleigh just today; but she told the truth!

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/sta ... rate-tweet

She pointed out murder rates in 2020, when 2xIMPOTUS o d was POTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Biden's press secretary is a spin doctor indistinguishable from a PS working for Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.

Now Spicer, Kayleigh McGaslight etc. are in a whole other class.

Saying those two are the same is preposterous BS.

The Trumpsters are up there with this guy. And his wife...Morgan Fairchild. Yeah, that's right!

And this guy has nothing on Trump himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV85E2S-Idw
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 pm Biden's press secretary is a spin doctor indistinguishable from a PS working for Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.

The Trumpsters are up there with this guy. And his wife...Morgan Fairchild. Yeah, that's right!

There were a number better than Psaki. Let’s be honest this is a C student team but they only had to beat the remedial bully that everyone hates.

Here’s a few far better than Psaki or anyone Trump had:

George Stephanopolous
Dee Dee Myers
Joe Lockhart
Ari Flieshcer
Jay Carney
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:38 pm

Yup, that's my read too.
Not sure what they're thinking...seems pretty obvious, though they do seem quite overwhelmed by the scale of the influx, just getting them basic food, water and then shelter, much less shots...but it wouldn't be that difficult to be clear that will be the objective prior to anyone being shipped back or processed into the US for asylum.
They're not being processed. They're issued a Notice to Report to ICE by an assigned date, then shipped off to who-knows-where in the US, most likely someplace where they have family or other support, never to be heard from again. It's part of the Open Borders scam. There's no expectation that their status will ever be adjudicated. That's why Haitians are now coming in droves.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Major Tulsi Gabbard is just back from an Army Reserve deployment to Africa. :mrgreen:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Yup, that's my read too.
They're not being processed. They're issued a Notice to Report to ICE by an assigned date, then shipped off to who-knows-where in the US, most likely someplace where they have family or other support, never to be heard from again. It's part of the Open Borders scam. There's no expectation that their status will ever be adjudicated. That's why Haitians are now coming in droves.
Huh, where are you getting this nonsense "Open Borders"? :roll:

They're shipping the men back, processing families, and sure, I hope they ultimately do release them. But they should vaccinate them first.

We could use these Haitians in our workforce. They're gonna be darn appreciative of the opportunity.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 pm Biden's press secretary is a spin doctor indistinguishable from a PS working for Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.

There were a number better than Psaki. Let’s be honest this is a C student team but they only had to beat the remedial bully that everyone hates.

George Stephanopolous
Dee Dee Myers
Joe Lockhart
Ari Flieshcer
Jay Carney
I don't find Psaki to be C student team in the least. Seems to me she's darn professional, dealing with a huge array of complex communication challenges pretty darn responsibly. Some of this stuff I sure wouldn't want to have to explain or defend...but that's the gig.

But yeah, many of these folks were quite professional as well...never seen a ranking but, you're right, it's certainly a huge breath of fresh air over the past 4 years. Stable. Doesn't mean no spin!
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Yup, that's my read too.
Huh, where are you getting this nonsense "Open Borders"? :roll:

They're shipping the men back, processing families, and sure, I hope they ultimately do release them. But they should vaccinate them first.

We could use these Haitians in our workforce. They're gonna be darn appreciative of the opportunity.
Show us the numbers sent back vs the numbers released inside the US.
Are Haitians more appreciative than Central Americans ? Metrics ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 pm

George Stephanopolous
Dee Dee Myers
Joe Lockhart
Ari Flieshcer
Jay Carney
I don't find Psaki to be C student team in the least. Seems to me she's darn professional, dealing with a huge array of complex communication challenges pretty darn responsibly. Some of this stuff I sure wouldn't want to have to explain or defend...but that's the gig.

But yeah, many of these folks were quite professional as well...never seen a ranking but, you're right, it's certainly a huge breath of fresh air over the past 4 years. Stable. Doesn't mean no spin!
Top down from Biden it's not the team of Clinton or Obama's first term let's just say.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Ha!... "spin doctor" also known as those who "spin the truth." Deceptive and misleading (lying), anyway you cut it. No surprise a lawyer would try to make that "distinction without a difference."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 pm

George Stephanopolous
Dee Dee Myers
Joe Lockhart
Ari Flieshcer
Jay Carney

I pulled the list for the last 40yrs and scanned it carving out ones I was less impressed by and this was left over
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If we’re going to discuss Spin Doctors w need to define who the Two Princes are, who’s Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong and who’s got the Pocket Full of Kryptonite.

(I’m guessing some people are going to stupidly hit the second one hard and that’ll be like walking into the honeypot)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_Doctors

Return to “POLITICS”