Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:54 pm At least we aren’t the only grandfathered school that the NCAA boned. Of course we asked in the 90a when forced to make a choice on lacrosse I’m pretty sure so don’t see this 2004 date as relevant.

6. Consideration of Bylaw 20.7.1.1.1 waiver requests from Rochester Institute of Technology and Union College. The committee denied requests from Rochester Institute of Technology and Union College to waive NCAA Bylaw 20.7.1.1 (Division III application) to permit the institutions to provide athletically related financial aid to their Division I student-athletes. Specifically, the committee noted no Division III institution sponsoring a Division I sport has an opportunity to receive a waiver if the institution did not sponsor a Division I sport and receive a waiver to offer athletically related financial aid prior to January 1, 2004. Additionally, the committee that a decision involving financial aid, a core tenet of the Division III philosophy, is an issue for the entire Division III membership

Report of the Division III Membership Committee August 19, 2021, Videoconference
Page No. 2 _________
beyond the committee's waiver-granting purview and the proper venue to challenge this restriction is via the legislative process and a vote of the full Division III membership.
The athletic 12.6 scholarships available to D1 programs is way over-rated. Even when I played, Hobart had very generous "financial aid" for lax players. Granted, mommy & daddy can't brag about junior's lax scholarship(which often pays for little more than books), but the bottom line is: how much is the net cost, regardless if it's called an athletic scholarship or financial aid?? Comparatively, Hobart gives out a lot more than that 12.6 figure in financial aid, imho...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:54 pm At least we aren’t the only grandfathered school that the NCAA boned. Of course we asked in the 90a when forced to make a choice on lacrosse I’m pretty sure so don’t see this 2004 date as relevant.

6. Consideration of Bylaw 20.7.1.1.1 waiver requests from Rochester Institute of Technology and Union College. The committee denied requests from Rochester Institute of Technology and Union College to waive NCAA Bylaw 20.7.1.1 (Division III application) to permit the institutions to provide athletically related financial aid to their Division I student-athletes. Specifically, the committee noted no Division III institution sponsoring a Division I sport has an opportunity to receive a waiver if the institution did not sponsor a Division I sport and receive a waiver to offer athletically related financial aid prior to January 1, 2004. Additionally, the committee that a decision involving financial aid, a core tenet of the Division III philosophy, is an issue for the entire Division III membership

Report of the Division III Membership Committee August 19, 2021, Videoconference
Page No. 2 _________
beyond the committee's waiver-granting purview and the proper venue to challenge this restriction is via the legislative process and a vote of the full Division III membership.
The athletic 12.6 scholarships available to D1 programs is way over-rated. Even when I played, Hobart had very generous "financial aid" for lax players. Granted, mommy & daddy can't brag about junior's lax scholarship(which often pays for little more than books), but the bottom line is: how much is the net cost, regardless if it's called an athletic scholarship or financial aid?? Comparatively, Hobart gives out a lot more than that 12.6 figure in financial aid, imho...
That was pre Hanna paperwork fubar that wiped out two seasons of sports records late 2000s
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:46 am
jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 pm
jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:40 pm
Drcthru wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 pm NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Secondly good for him to not call it The Colleges-Old School
Hastings High School graduate, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY.
Yep I’ve hung out with Ali and his family a few times. There’s a guy who posts here who’s down in FL and is much more intimately close with the family and been a Bucs season ticket holder since Ali’s first or second year. He’s a Patriot fan from growing up in NE so last year was basically his wet dream. I’m on the other side on Brady so was hoping he’d play OLine like a matador but I guess winning a super bowl is better than letting that goofball metrosexual get his.

Bill and Brody are both a trip. Bill is a well known filmographer (? Is that the term it’s not director but I know he shoot fashion week). Ali considered Fordham to play DT but ended up at Hobart because Basketball was his first passion and he thought he could double dip but of course coach cragg never let that happen as he was in a class that included the D3 DPOY named Tyre Coleman and a few other starting D1 caliber players.

Having a converted sister and her family he’s moving up the ranks of all time Jewish athletes though it’s hard to imagine anyone getting to Sandy Koufax level.
There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego.
Feel like I’m wondering about the price of tea in China given Geneva is not syracuse, Hastings on Hudson is WestChester and I’ve lived in DC, Manhattan and Atlanta since 2002. Or is this a drinking CFB saturday thing?

I’m ignoring that you seem to know nothing about the finger lakes and a number of other redeeming things about WNY. Are you a hop gras from 1993 which would mean you were in Baltimore in the early 90s???

And chicken wings. I don’t mind a hijack but there was nothing redeeming in that post.
Skaneaetles sucks. If you think that that is nice place you need to get out more. No wonder people leave that area in droves.
Glad you won't be in SKANEATELES anytime soon...the fewer Balti-morons, the better...apparently you prefer stifling summer heat and more murders in your shangri-la, so enjoy!
Marpet is Jewish by birth! How did he convert his sibs? OBTW is there anyone you haven't: hung out with, mentored, coached, advised, played with, shared a cabin with(at the right or wrong time with), any place you haven't lived, loved or hated, any occupation you haven't succeeded at? :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Drcthru wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 pm NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Yep I’ve hung out with Ali and his family a few times. There’s a guy who posts here who’s down in FL and is much more intimately close with the family and been a Bucs season ticket holder since Ali’s first or second year. He’s a Patriot fan from growing up in NE so last year was basically his wet dream. I’m on the other side on Brady so was hoping he’d play OLine like a matador but I guess winning a super bowl is better than letting that goofball metrosexual get his.

Bill and Brody are both a trip. Bill is a well known filmographer (? Is that the term it’s not director but I know he shoot fashion week). Ali considered Fordham to play DT but ended up at Hobart because Basketball was his first passion and he thought he could double dip but of course coach cragg never let that happen as he was in a class that included the D3 DPOY named Tyre Coleman and a few other starting D1 caliber players.

Having a converted sister and her family he’s moving up the ranks of all time Jewish athletes though it’s hard to imagine anyone getting to Sandy Koufax level.
There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego.
Feel like I’m wondering about the price of tea in China given Geneva is not syracuse, Hastings on Hudson is WestChester and I’ve lived in DC, Manhattan and Atlanta since 2002. Or is this a drinking CFB saturday thing?

I’m ignoring that you seem to know nothing about the finger lakes and a number of other redeeming things about WNY. Are you a hop gras from 1993 which would mean you were in Baltimore in the early 90s???

And chicken wings. I don’t mind a hijack but there was nothing redeeming in that post.
Skaneaetles sucks. If you think that that is nice place you need to get out more. No wonder people leave that area in droves.
Glad you won't be in SKANEATELES anytime soon...the fewer Balti-morons, the better...apparently you prefer stifling summer heat and more murders in your shangri-la, so enjoy!
Marpet is Jewish by birth! How did he convert his sibs? OBTW is there anyone you haven't: hung out with, mentored, coached, advised, played with, shared a cabin with(at the right or wrong time with), any place you haven't lived, loved or hated, any occupation you haven't succeeded at? :lol:
You. But don't take it the wrong way. Some people just don't get noticed in life...
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:34 pm

First of all, YES!

You. But don't take it the wrong way. Some people just don't get noticed in life...
Hubris :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Drcthru wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 pm

First of all, YES!

Weakness from someone making assumptions about a human being based on a lacrosse board?

Lack of understanding of use of emojis. Why did you come over here at all?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Drcthru wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 pm

First of all, YES!

Hubris, and insecurity. Don't you know, you cannot challenge FFG, he's seen more and knows more than all of us peasants combined. Don't waste your time, he's going to get personal and dirty real quick if my experiences with him lead me to believe anything about him. Not worth it.

Joe
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why? Why are either of you coming here and doing this? Good luck in life.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:54 am Why? Why are either of you coming here and doing this? Good luck in life.
+1 Haters gonna hate

Again, enjoy beautiful Baltimore :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I hear the ports are immensely bucolic there.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Getting back to Statesmen lacrosse anyone have info on this weekend Alumni events?
I’ve not heard much
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

catchnshoot wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:53 am Getting back to Statesmen lacrosse anyone have info on this weekend Alumni events?
I’ve not heard much
https://www.hws.edu/homecoming/
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 am
catchnshoot wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:53 am Getting back to Statesmen lacrosse anyone have info on this weekend Alumni events?
I’ve not heard much
https://www.hws.edu/homecoming/
There is a lax alumni golf outing Friday...I'm sure you're still able to play if interested.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OldBartman might know he’s heading up.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Thanks for the update
Any idea about who’s playing?
The Varsity could have their hands full if they are facing Holden, Frankie, Aslanian, pedecine, willman, Moore, Mueller, Scottie…
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Pretty sure Aslanian & Frank B are playing. Holden a maybe. He's had shoulder surgery somewhat recently. I haven't heard any other names. Though I would expect a lot of the CNY recent grads to show. It would be great if Lucchesi & Browne showed up in goal. Considering the football game is being played a bit later. Would it be possible to see a live feed? Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Hope some alums from the 80s & 90s (FMU?) get out on the field. Lots of questions on who plays where for the '22 team with a few 5th year seniors returning. Herlihy & Romm's knees are a concern too boot.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Hobart has it's first '23 commit! Jackson Faiola, G from Canandaigua Welcome aboard Jackson!
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

oldbartman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:43 pm Pretty sure Aslanian & Frank B are playing. Holden a maybe. He's had shoulder surgery somewhat recently. I haven't heard any other names. Though I would expect a lot of the CNY recent grads to show. It would be great if Lucchesi & Browne showed up in goal. Considering the football game is being played a bit later. Would it be possible to see a live feed? Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Hope some alums from the 80s & 90s (FMU?) get out on the field. Lots of questions on who plays where for the '22 team with a few 5th year seniors returning. Herlihy & Romm's knees are a concern too boot.
Caught up with Frank at the IBLA Nationals in Lakeland last week. Couldn't play the playoffs because his legs were giving him a problem, if he is playing this weekend it will be in a very limited role.

https://twitter.com/FloridaLX/status/14 ... 9721032710
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LeeRoggy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:23 am
oldbartman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:43 pm Pretty sure Aslanian & Frank B are playing. Holden a maybe. He's had shoulder surgery somewhat recently. I haven't heard any other names. Though I would expect a lot of the CNY recent grads to show. It would be great if Lucchesi & Browne showed up in goal. Considering the football game is being played a bit later. Would it be possible to see a live feed? Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Hope some alums from the 80s & 90s (FMU?) get out on the field. Lots of questions on who plays where for the '22 team with a few 5th year seniors returning. Herlihy & Romm's knees are a concern too boot.
Caught up with Frank at the IBLA Nationals in Lakeland last week. Couldn't play the playoffs because his legs were giving him a problem, if he is playing this weekend it will be in a very limited role.

https://twitter.com/FloridaLX/status/14 ... 9721032710
We have a high caliber older guy summer league (Im not skilled enough for it) here in Atlanta. Bunch of 40yr+ old AAs. It's globetrotter jog around and do trick shots and passes but looks fun. He can camp out in front of goal and practice his behind the back stuff...
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

An injured Frank Brown is still very dangerous. Heard Bryan Hancock may be playing as well. Hope Ted Baker does a post game podcast with Coach Raymond. Still wish they would have a video feed.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”