All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

tech37

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:30 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm Would an 'Immunity' Mandate Instill More Public Confidence?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/se ... 1901920d0r
Dr. Pelletier has experience treating many types of ocular morbidities including cataracts, refractive disorders, corneal infection and inflammation, uveitis, glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, dry eye disease and cancerous or pre-malignant lesions of the cornea and conjunctiva.

“With many of our top journals reporting COVID-19 publications in open-access format, scientific literacy is at an all-time high. Discourse on virology, epidemiology, and immunology is something that may just as easily be understood by a barista at Starbucks as one of our healthcare professionals.”

Note to self, don’t go to this guy for eye surgery…he may have been working at Starbucks last week.
OK genius :roll:

Here's the preceding sentence and context for the tongue-in-cheek sentence you, of course, chose to highlight:

"The simple classification of vaccinated versus unvaccinated lacks the nuance required to satisfy the scientific mind."

Try opening up your mind to the general concept the Dr. is presenting. Naturally, people who need to check with the CDC/FDA to be sure it's time to wipe their a$$, won't get it.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:50 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm Would an 'Immunity' Mandate Instill More Public Confidence?

Dr. Pelletier has experience treating many types of ocular morbidities including cataracts, refractive disorders, corneal infection and inflammation, uveitis, glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, dry eye disease and cancerous or pre-malignant lesions of the cornea and conjunctiva.

“With many of our top journals reporting COVID-19 publications in open-access format, scientific literacy is at an all-time high. Discourse on virology, epidemiology, and immunology is something that may just as easily be understood by a barista at Starbucks as one of our healthcare professionals.”

Note to self, don’t go to this guy for eye surgery…he may have been working at Starbucks last week.
Ok, yeah well…..so what’s wrong with the idea put forth? The immune system has been activated and responded to similar immune challenges in either case.
Right. Thanks Bart.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm

OK genius :roll:

Here's the preceding sentence and context for the tongue-in-cheek sentence you, of course, chose to highlight:

"The simple classification of vaccinated versus unvaccinated lacks the nuance required to satisfy the scientific mind."

Try opening up your mind to the general concept the Dr. is presenting. Naturally, people who need to check with the CDC/FDA to be sure it's time to wipe their a$$, won't get it.
Did I point out that statement was problematic or that a barista can be an expert in scientific disciplines given the internet? You tell me Chester. Maybe you can get your gel excited while ordering a cappuccino.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Ok, yeah well…..so what’s wrong with the idea put forth? The immune system has been activated and responded to similar immune challenges in either case.
Which idea? That the guy that gives you coffee can become an expert virologist or immunologist by scanning Facebook and Twitter? What’s wrong with that?

I don’t know about you but credentials matter to me.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm I'm finally moving from 20+ years at ~60-70 hours a week, to 40 hours this fall. It was supposed to start in 2020....but we all know what happened.
40 hours a week is going to feel like I retired!
+1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:58 pm

Which idea? That the guy that gives you coffee can become an expert virologist or immunologist by scanning Facebook and Twitter? What’s wrong with that?

You forgot reddit
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Ok, yeah well…..so what’s wrong with the idea put forth?
Simple. It doesn't address the problem.

He said that people don't trust the government when it comes to anything, let alone the vaccine, right?

So how does replacing one government mandate (vaccination) with another government mandate (proof of immune response) solve that problem?

It doesn't.

Picture convincing (i'm guessing here) 60 million vaxx skeptics into the same government offices and doctor's offices that they don't trust in the first place. How are you going to manage that? They don't trust the government, right?

And even if you get them in, how do you suppose these skeptics will react when they find that millions of them fail the test for whatever minimum immune response the government sets? Now out come the tin foil hats.

How'd I do, Bart? And that doesn't get into things like...who is going to pay for these tests?
Bart

Post by Bart »

It seemed to me you put that out there to discredit the guy. His idea is sound from an immunologic perspective. Should be looked into. To me it seems you ate more interested in how the response was initiated and not that it was.

It was a petty jab imo.

Credentials definitely matter but I know alot of credentialed people that haven’t had an independent thought for years. There is some nuance to this situation imo
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:04 pm

You forgot reddit
Someone should tell that eye doctor that a person can get the same service that he offers at a grocery store….that’s closer to Starbucks girl being well informed in immunology and virology. He should put a sign up, “you can kill two birds with one stone, don’t come to my office if you need to stop at Publix.”
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:07 pm

It seemed to me you put that out there to discredit the guy. His idea is sound from an immunologic perspective. Should be looked into. To me it seems you ate more interested in how the response was initiated and not that it was.

It was a petty jab imo.

Credentials definitely matter but I know alot of credentialed people that haven’t had an independent thought for years. There is some nuance to this situation imo
europe is flying by the seat of their pants on this one. i hear there's a lot of cafes and coffee shops. they'll pay eventually.
nah. trust doesn't matter. get the vaxx. that take is working great so far.
Typical Lax Dad

It was a petty jab imo.

I put it out that to discredit his nonsensical comment. Antibody test have been talked about by a lot of people. Even the girl that makes coffee. It’s a method for sure. A friend had been getting tested for antibodies since last year…..
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:12 pm

It was a petty jab imo.

europe is flying by the seat of their pants on this one. i hear there's a lot of cafes and coffee shops. they'll pay eventually.
In some place absolutely. Are you suggesting that vaccines uptake has been awful everywhere?

Remember when we thought the vast majority of Americans had already been exposed but we just didn’t know about it….this thing is over? I believe it was summer 2020.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Ok, yeah well…..so what’s wrong with the idea put forth?
Simple. It doesn't address the problem.

He said that people don't trust the government when it comes to anything, let alone the vaccine, right?

So how does replacing one government mandate (vaccination) with another government mandate (proof of immune response) solve that problem?

It doesn't.

Picture convincing (i'm guessing here) 60 million vaxx skeptics into the same government offices and doctor's offices that they don't trust in the first place. How are you going to manage that? They don't trust the government, right?

And even if you get them in, how do you suppose these skeptics will react when they find that millions of them fail the test for whatever minimum immune response the government sets? Now out come the tin foil hats.

How'd I do, Bart? And that doesn't get into things like...who is going to pay for these tests?
You’re right. It may not get them all but it may get some. Better just to go with the zero sum.

I’m more in line talking about the response BTW.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:14 pm

It was a petty jab imo.

In some place absolutely. Are you suggesting that vaccines uptake has been awful everywhere?
you'll have to explain this one. can't read your mind. you found numbers somewhere on localized mandate uptake? working at colleges, fo sho. i thought some people had a problem with our vaccine uptake. that's incorrect?
you go out for coffee this morning or something?

Remember when we thought the vast majority of Americans had already been exposed but we just didn’t know about it….this thing is over?
so someone out of 330 million people was wrong on the virus? wowza. someone should tell europe.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:23 pm

It was a petty jab imo.

you'll have to explain this one. can't read your mind. you found numbers somewhere on localized mandate uptake? working at colleges, fo sho. i thought some people had a problem with our vaccine uptake. that's incorrect?

Remember when we thought the vast majority of Americans had already been exposed but we just didn’t know about it….this thing is over?
so someone out of 330 million people was wrong on the virus? wowza. someone should tell europe.
Tell Vermont.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:25 pm

It was a petty jab imo.

Tell Vermont.
tell them what?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:28 pm

It was a petty jab imo.

Tell Vermont.
tell them what?
The opposite of what we are to “tell Europe” is my guess.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:38 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:28 pm

It was a petty jab imo.

Tell Vermont.
tell them what?
The opposite of what we are to “tell Europe” is my guess.
we were talking about vaccine mandates, inclusive of natural infection in policy. or so i thought. i'd guess they weren't using baristas or eye doctors to come up with those. credentials?

did vermont get supercharged on mandates? or from the start because their average age is ancient and 5 years above the national average? somebody should study that. any idea why cali is no further along than florida?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

This guy is part of the OAN world. He has also been hit with an FDA Warning Letter regarding his Nasal Spray advertising it protects against and/or cures COVID-19. He is President of Halodine, LLC.

FDA Warning Letter. Given his affiliation with a Nasal Spray company I can understand why he is against VAX mandates. The FDA Letter essentially puts his Nasal Spray in the same category as "snake oil". His product is regulated, by his own admission (description) in his advertising. FDA is informing him that his products require FDA market approval, which they do not have. He is not registered with the FDA nor have his products gone through any approval process.

This is a dumbass mistake to be made by a real physician. Not so much if you are into "snake oil".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”