All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:12 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:10 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:09 pm Can someone explain to me why folks trust govt, fda, cdc, science, tech, doctors when it comes to monoclonal?

But not for vaccine?

It is all such Bravo Sierra.

Especially because they were all so very pro Trump vax before the election. But then the effing Deep State held up the approval of the life saving miracle so Trump would lose.
Because by the time they request monoclonal they know they've got covid & could become very sick, very soon. A pre-death bed conversion. Just like the really sick hospitalized patients asking if they can now get vaccinated.

Not all the unvaccinated are hard core anti-vax. Many "just haven't gotten around to it yet".
It took me months of gently urging hesitant friends & family members to get the shot, before delta convinced them to do it.
yup. fear and lack of it have been running this show since it started as much as anything else.
some folks just don't want to admit it, so they put everyone in a box of their own making.
If it were just "fear and lack of fear" in a vague, generalized sense, driving the bus? You'd see roughly the same vaccination rates in all States, and in all Counties.

That's not anywhere close to what has happened.
i agree that it's not just anything. i did say as much as anything else...
anyway, this debate could get too long. should've stood down, carry on.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

In 2020 Alabama had more deaths than births in the state. Motorcycle accidents made the difference. First time in recorded history.

... this morning the Governor of Alabama said COVID deaths are a trailing indicator, when asked what he is going to do about the pandemic in his state.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

lagerhead wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:37 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:23 pm
lagerhead wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:43 pm People run to their doctors when they are sick, broken or have symptoms, you’re asking otherwise healthy people to ask for an emergency use authorized vaccine.
No. No, I'm not. I'm 100% NOT asking them to ask for a vaccine. I'm also not asking them to listen to Trump, Biden, Fauci, the Government, or any other entity.

I'm asking them to listen to their own personal doctors, my man. That's it. Nothing more. Just as they listen to them, as you put it, when they are "sick, broken, or have symptoms". Either they listen to their doctors, and believe what they say and do----or they don't.

And if they listen to their doctors, as they do with every other vaccine like the ones for Polio, Pertussis, diptheria, etc? Guess what will happen? Over 90%+ will take the vaccine.

And we can put this stupid mess behind us, and stop pretending like we don't do things like force our kids to take vaccines for meningitis before they head to college. This is yet another made up "issue" that's not real. It's invented to get clicks, and TV ratings.
Maybe that’s the answer afan have the fed pick up my co pay for my visit and consultation. Getting the vaccine does require informed consent take the liability away from the dr.
Read your personal doctor's website. Have a question email them. No cost.

DON'T look for some other doc who'll tell you differently.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:18 am In 2020 Alabama had more deaths than births in the state. Motorcycle accidents made the difference. First time in recorded history.

... this morning the Governor of Alabama said COVID deaths are a trailing indicator, when asked what he is going to do about the pandemic in his state.
I thought it would have gone up with all the family members staying inside together during 2020. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:18 am In 2020 Alabama had more deaths than births in the state. Motorcycle accidents made the difference. First time in recorded history.

Look at the bright side- We are one step closer to controlling carbon footprints- Human population growth contained.
Now if we could only shut down the pesky airlines or limit travel somehow...
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am

Look at the bright side- We are one step closer to controlling carbon footprints- Human population growth contained.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not to fear....Joe is on the case. :lol: :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:56 am

I thought it would have gone up with all the family members staying inside their sisterstogether during 2020. ;) :lol:
Hey small mistake I see you made so a fixed it for you.

Thanks,

Mgt
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:54 am
lagerhead wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:43 pm People run to their doctors when they are sick, broken or have symptoms, you’re asking otherwise healthy people to ask for an emergency use authorized vaccine.
No. No, I'm not. I'm 100% NOT asking them to ask for a vaccine. I'm also not asking them to listen to Trump, Biden, Fauci, the Government, or any other entity.

I'm asking them to listen to their own personal doctors, my man. That's it. Nothing more. Just as they listen to them, as you put it, when they are "sick, broken, or have symptoms". Either they listen to their doctors, and believe what they say and do----or they don't.

And if they listen to their doctors, as they do with every other vaccine like the ones for Polio, Pertussis, diptheria, etc? Guess what will happen? Over 90%+ will take the vaccine.

And we can put this stupid mess behind us, and stop pretending like we don't do things like force our kids to take vaccines for meningitis before they head to college. This is yet another made up "issue" that's not real. It's invented to get clicks, and TV ratings.
Maybe that’s the answer afan have the fed pick up my co pay for my visit and consultation. Getting the vaccine does require informed consent take the liability away from the dr.

Selection and confirmation bias
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting, no mask, siting next to each other, on live TV, well done Hollywood....embarrassing. Not following CDC guidelines we see. :roll:

~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I had this discussion with my sister about an eye issue. I have been telling her to get the recommended procedure done….four doctors gave her the same advice and then she found a 5th….told her she could wait…. I asked her what did the 6th doctor say….It was met with silence and then laughter because she realized how ridiculous she sounded. Late to get vaccinated but finally did. My nephew laying up in a hotel thinking he was going to die did it for her. He claimed to have had 1 shot but I don’t believe he had any. Texans now. Warped view of risk. But I will say my sister has always been afraid of everything and has a bug up her ass about doctors.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:52 am

I had this discussion with my sister about an eye issue. I have been telling her to get the recommended procedure done….four doctors gave her the same advice and then she found a 5th….told her she could wait…. I asked her what did the 6th doctor say….It was met with silence and then laughter because she realized how ridiculous she sounded. Late to get vaccinated but finally did. My nephew laying up in a hotel thinking he was going to die did it for her. He claimed to have had 1 shot but I don’t believe he had any. Texans now. Warped view of risk. But I will say my sister has always been afraid of everything and has a bug up her ass about doctors.
And payoff, or reward. Which is probably why the vast majority of them haven't experienced many rewards in their lives and resent that fact.
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:45 am Interesting, no mask, siting next to each other, on live TV, well done Hollywood....embarrassing. Not following CDC guidelines we see. :roll:

Absolutely horrible look. This type of messaging has made this whole thing a mess.

That being said, all attendees had to have a negative PT-PCR test on Friday the 17th or later to attend on the 19th.

IMO should have followed up with rapid antigen tests the day of.
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:45 am Interesting, no mask, siting next to each other, on live TV, well done Hollywood....embarrassing. Not following CDC guidelines we see. :roll:

Absolutely horrible look. This type of messaging has made this whole thing a mess.

That being said, all attendees had to have a negative PT-PCR test on Friday the 17th or later to attend on the 19th.

IMO should have followed up with rapid antigen tests the day of.
Is that a random event those peasants attended?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
You guys kid, but this is the message that you guys and right wing media has been sending us since Covid started.

The message you're all sending is: F the people in Alabama. F the people in Florida. F the people in Tennessee. F any of the people who don't live in your own State or community or hell, your direct family. You're stupid if you care about them, and whether they live or die. You're a fool if you care, and want to prevent more of them from dying.

And congratulations, your message is winning. I have no idea why you all think this is a good message to send, but I obviously can't keep you from sending it.

But you don't get to get upset when TLD and others start agreeing with you, and stop giving a rat's *ss about dead Americans who didn't get vaccinated.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

I've had 4 PCP's in the last 18 years due to insurance converge changes, moves and the one dr i had the best relationship retiring most recently 2 years ago, good timing on his part. I don't have the absolute trust some of you do because i haven't had time to build up a relationship with my new PCP. I mentioned an accident i had last year my PCP still does not know how to treat the ongoing recovery. How many folks do you think have that complete relationship with their PCP?
Typical Lax Dad

lagerhead wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 pm

I've had 4 PCP's in the last 18 years due to insurance converge changes, moves and the one dr i had the best relationship retiring most recently 2 years ago, good timing on his part. I don't have the absolute trust some of you do because i haven't had time to build up a relationship with my new PCP. I mentioned an accident i had last year my PCP still does not know how to treat the ongoing recovery. How many folks do you think have that complete relationship with their PCP?
My best friend recently passed away. He had an undiagnosed illness. Consulted with every top hospital in the country for 1 1/2 years. Sometimes you don’t live long enough for a rare disease to be figured out.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

lagerhead wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 pm I've had 4 PCP's in the last 18 years due to insurance converge changes, moves and the one dr i had the best relationship retiring most recently 2 years ago, good timing on his part. I don't have the absolute trust some of you do because i haven't had time to build up a relationship with my new PCP. I mentioned an accident i had last year my PCP still does not know how to treat the ongoing recovery. How many folks do you think have that complete relationship with their PCP?
I don't know, because I don't know what level of trust you are looking for here.

But what I do know is that vaccination rates for most mandated K-12 vaccines are at 90%, nationally. So my guess would the number would be 9 out of 10 trust their doctor enough to follow their advice, and give their children 4 to 6 shots to attend Kindergarten through High School.

That's a pretty remarkable level of trust. And I'm at a loss as to how so many Americans let that trust evaporate in a matter of months, with 600K dead, and the meter is still running.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 pm
lagerhead wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 pm I've had 4 PCP's in the last 18 years due to insurance converge changes, moves and the one dr i had the best relationship retiring most recently 2 years ago, good timing on his part. I don't have the absolute trust some of you do because i haven't had time to build up a relationship with my new PCP. I mentioned an accident i had last year my PCP still does not know how to treat the ongoing recovery. How many folks do you think have that complete relationship with their PCP?
I don't know, because I don't know what level of trust you are looking for here.

But what I do know is that vaccination rates for most mandated K-12 vaccines are at 90%, nationally. So my guess would the number would be 9 out of 10 trust their doctor enough to follow their advice, and give their children 4 to 6 shots to attend Kindergarten through High School.

That's a pretty remarkable level of trust. And I'm at a loss as to how so many Americans let that trust evaporate in a matter of months, with 600K dead, and the meter is still running.
It is 692,000 dead…..692,000 dead Americans and 250,000 was called “fear porn”….. if people don’t want to do everything in their power to help, F ‘em. The train is leaving the station. Make them fend for themselves. Yeah people die of cancer and heart attacks. Would love to know when sitting around laughing and cajoling in a crowded indoor space led to cancer or was the cause of heart disease…..when these clowns claim its all about the kids, it’s really about the adults.
“I wish you would!”
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 pm

How many deaths once we reached critical vacc levels? 600k is not the answer. How many people trusted their dr when prescribed oxi? This is brand new medicine people do not all buy in at the same rate. MD saying go on the web site and write an email is ridiculous, people get a checkup once a year at best, peoples medical conditions change. If PCP's offered a free checkup before a shot was administered more people would get it. we all heard that elective medical procedures and visits were eliminated or put off until last Spring.

Return to “POLITICS”