Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The GOP, Past and Future Direction

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Why won't I understand? Because I am too stupid? To racists? WHy? 90% of the district is white, so they should have put images of "otherisms" in the ad?

And, please respond to his lyrics and content. But you won't, and mostly can't, because they are scrubbed. Sorry, but Delgado made it about race when he chose to make the Painful CD. But, what is REALLY important is Delgado's corporate lawfirm, Akin Gump, and who it represents. He's sad that GE is gone? And yet has worked at a law firm that has helped, and continues to, ship US jobs to slaves overseas. Oh, and defended Paul Manfort :o

I have no idea whether you are "too stupid" nor "To racists?"...I assume you meant "too racist?".

What your posts seem to suggest is that you have an angry perspective about a black man, in his youth, expressing challenges to racial bigotry and other social issues in the medium of rap, or otherwise.

If you'd like to point me to other posts where you've demonstrated a more subtle comprehension about such perspectives and their expression, I'd be happy to change my opinion of the likelihood that I could explain the rationale of those particular lyrics. That said, I'm not a fan of that medium per se, so wouldn't be the best interpreter in any case. But some of the expressions about bigotry and social justice, sure, I can go there.

You say that Delgado made it about race because he expressed anger about the legacy of white supremacy a decade ago? Really? He made it about race?

In the posts above, you evidently don't see the signals about race that the ad expressed. Is that sheer ignorance or is it willful disregard? Or is it actually looking for an excuse to be angry? I dunno.

I don't have any particular stake in the specific candidates in that particular election and haven't examined the candidates' backgrounds in any depth, other than as follow-up to this controversy.

Maybe there is something to criticized, legitimately, about this candidate and his views. But I'd like to understand what he really believes as a more mature man today than how he expressed himself as an young 'artist' a decade ago. Wow, you made you the "pass" lady? Suddenly being a 31 year old Harvard Law school grad is "young"? HUH

On the Akin Gump stuff, perhaps there's something legitimate to question there as well. If so, I'd like to know what the candidate's views actually are.

As a lifelong Republican, I'm disturbed by the tack the GOP has taken to more and more overtly tailoring messaging to appeal to scared and angry white voters. It has a long history, but it seems to me that it has grown increasingly frequent and overt.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:All of them. Trump is a racist because of his associations, Obama is not. Eric Holder, the only AG in the history of the US to be......gee, forgot what Congress did to him....said some pretty racist stuff too. ASSociations are in the eye of the beholder stuff.

Trumps staff sure seems good enough to listen too when they are speaking as "unnamed" sources though.

Again, the hate is marrow deep. We get it. But, that same hate (disapproval rating) is fostered upon members of Congress. You get what you deserve. Didn't Obama say it best, Trump is the symptom, not the cause. Think about how true that is. He finally gets it. Too bad he didn't when he was in office.
Yep too bad.
Or maybe he's being a politician. His actions as President (making the 1% richer/powerful) speak to that fact that he aint' no liberal.
Something about Trump and nafta? or was it natifa? Anything positive there there?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:All of them. Trump is a racist because of his associations, Obama is not. Eric Holder, the only AG in the history of the US to be......gee, forgot what Congress did to him....said some pretty racist stuff too. ASSociations are in the eye of the beholder stuff.

Trumps staff sure seems good enough to listen too when they are speaking as "unnamed" sources though.

Again, the hate is marrow deep. We get it. But, that same hate (disapproval rating) is fostered upon members of Congress. You get what you deserve. Didn't Obama say it best, Trump is the symptom, not the cause. Think about how true that is. He finally gets it. Too bad he didn't when he was in office.
Yep too bad.
runrussell, you keep betraying your anger and vitriol. And you keep buying into the most extreme far right arguments, without any nuance at all.

Of course there's blame to go around, and of course we can find instances where someone's associations over the years lead us to question their views. We should. And then we should listen carefully to their responses.

But to suggest that Trump's racism hasn't been displayed prominently by himself, forget any "associations", is downright silly. Whether Central Park 5 or birtherism. Trump repeatedly demonstrated his racial bigotry directly as he sought the public eye, pre campaign. And we watched him throughout the campaign say extreme things based on racial and religious bigotry, and then into his Presidency.

He's got a long history replete with such bigotry, and it has been a central part of his political persona. There's no remote equivalency to be found whether Obama or Holder or McCain.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You keep calling me angry....why?

But, the real question is: why aren't you?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Yep too bad.
Or maybe he's being a politician. His actions as President (making the 1% richer/powerful) speak to that fact that he aint' no liberal.
Something about Trump and nafta? or was it natifa? Anything positive there there?
Black folks can’t be wealthy?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Why won't I understand? Because I am too stupid? To racists? WHy? 90% of the district is white, so they should have put images of "otherisms" in the ad?

And, please respond to his lyrics and content. But you won't, and mostly can't, because they are scrubbed. Sorry, but Delgado made it about race when he chose to make the Painful CD. But, what is REALLY important is Delgado's corporate lawfirm, Akin Gump, and who it represents. He's sad that GE is gone? And yet has worked at a law firm that has helped, and continues to, ship US jobs to slaves overseas. Oh, and defended Paul Manfort :o

I have no idea whether you are "too stupid" nor "To racists?"...I assume you meant "too racist?".

What your posts seem to suggest is that you have an angry perspective about a black man, in his youth, expressing challenges to racial bigotry and other social issues in the medium of rap, or otherwise.

If you'd like to point me to other posts where you've demonstrated a more subtle comprehension about such perspectives and their expression, I'd be happy to change my opinion of the likelihood that I could explain the rationale of those particular lyrics. That said, I'm not a fan of that medium per se, so wouldn't be the best interpreter in any case. But some of the expressions about bigotry and social justice, sure, I can go there.

You say that Delgado made it about race because he expressed anger about the legacy of white supremacy a decade ago? Really? He made it about race?

In the posts above, you evidently don't see the signals about race that the ad expressed. Is that sheer ignorance or is it willful disregard? Or is it actually looking for an excuse to be angry? I dunno.

I don't have any particular stake in the specific candidates in that particular election and haven't examined the candidates' backgrounds in any depth, other than as follow-up to this controversy.

Maybe there is something to criticized, legitimately, about this candidate and his views. But I'd like to understand what he really believes as a more mature man today than how he expressed himself as an young 'artist' a decade ago. Wow, you made you the "pass" lady? Suddenly being a 31 year old Harvard Law school grad is "young"? HUH

On the Akin Gump stuff, perhaps there's something legitimate to question there as well. If so, I'd like to know what the candidate's views actually are.

As a lifelong Republican, I'm disturbed by the tack the GOP has taken to more and more overtly tailoring messaging to appeal to scared and angry white voters. It has a long history, but it seems to me that it has grown increasingly frequent and overt.
Actually, he was 29 in 2006 when he released that one rap album. Yeah, at my age I'd call that a "young man".
Graduated with honors from Colgate, Rhodes Scholar, Harvard Law in 2005.

I have no idea at all what this means: "Wow, you made you the "pass" lady?"
Huh?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Yep too bad.
Why I am responding to this stupid question is beyond me.

No, folks that are different than different should not be allowed money. Like Larry Summers( Harvard/Sect of Treasury under Obama) said, woman are not smart enough to have careers in STEM. I mean, who doesn't agrees. Did I mention different? Happy gilmore never played swallow tail while attending Tailhook in Vegas. The Sect. of the Navy did though, getting a lapdance. Want more nonsense to your nonsense question? Not relevant to the rolling in the Reagan grave. Big to fail, big to jail.

In short, perhaps the most idiotic question asked that has zero relevance to anything I wrote. Let's be grownups here.

Febuary, 2009....Obama allows the TARP bonus cap of $500K (barely enough for that new Boston Whaler) to go away. And you know who this story continues and ends.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:You keep calling me angry....why?

Angry? Hate-filled? Nope.

Deeply disturbed and concerned, sure.

As to why I call you "angry", it's simply clear from all your seething vitriol, expressed solely at opponents of Trump, where you're coming from emotionally.

The vitriol is expressed with all sorts of exaggerations and caustic remarks, and the intentional misspelling of people's names.
Ugly stuff.

For instance, I've made pretty darn clear that I think Farrakhan made overtly racist comments about Jews, but "Farracon" is just a stupid way to make a point. So is "McLame".

It's been good to have Bandito expelled in my feed, you appear to be on that path as you post more and more uncivilly.

We can discuss issues without that stuff. How about let's try?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Yep too bad.
Why I am responding to this stupid question is beyond me.

No, folks that are different than different should not be allowed money. Like Larry Summers( Harvard/Sect of Treasury under Obama) said, woman are not smart enough to have careers in STEM. I mean, who doesn't agrees. Did I mention different? Happy gilmore never played swallow tail while attending Tailhook in Vegas. The Sect. of the Navy did though, getting a lapdance. Want more nonsense to your nonsense question? Not relevant to the rolling in the Reagan grave. Big to fail, big to jail.

In short, perhaps the most idiotic question asked that has zero relevance to anything I wrote. Let's be grownups here.

Febuary, 2009....Obama allows the TARP bonus cap of $500K (barely enough for that new Boston Whaler) to go away. And you know who this story continues and ends.

AHHH, is this Fatty? New moniker?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

Actually, he was 29 in 2006 when he released that one rap album. Yeah, at my age I'd call that a "young man".

Huh?
Have you read the guys boring same ole, same ole viewpoints on "issues" yet? Do you believe that the Iraq war was started for the oil execs like Antonio does? Draped flags "song" says so, never found those WMD's. Any pretends vote for that military action mdlaxfan?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:You keep calling me angry....why?

Angry? Hate-filled? Nope.

Deeply disturbed and concerned, sure.

As to why I call you "angry", it's simply clear from all your seething vitriol, expressed solely at opponents of Trump, where you're coming from emotionally.

The vitriol is expressed with all sorts of exaggerations and caustic remarks, and the intentional misspelling of people's names.
Ugly stuff.

For instance, I've made pretty darn clear that I think Farrakhan made overtly racist comments about Jews, but "Farracon" is just a stupid way to make a point. So is "McLame".

It's been good to have Bandito expelled in my feed, you appear to be on that path as you post more and more uncivilly.

So just that we are clear, you give a pass to Capt. John McCain for the Chelsea Clinton "joke" and calling orientals "gooks". got it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

Huh?
Have you read the guys boring same ole, same ole viewpoints on "issues" yet? Do you believe that the Iraq war was started for the oil execs like Antonio does? Draped flags "song" says so, never found those WMD's. Any pretends vote for that military action mdlaxfan?
ok, Fatty...I'd decided I could safely ignore your ramblings on LP without missing anything important.
Like I decided to do with Bandito, I'm taking a temporary vacation from your vitriol in my own feed. Just too much troll factor. Feel free to do the same with my posts if you'd like.

Never felt the need to do that with the moderation on LP but in this environment of no/little moderation, it's a useful tool to limit the uncivil discourse.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Guess you just love what you love. (can't answer the Mccain question ) Have fun in the echo chamber.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Ron DeSantis is the future of the gop. Smart young White Nationalist. Florida is gonna eat him up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rep-ron ... rm=desktop
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

This is what the r's call "Winning":

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/40604 ... nt-to-895b

"The federal deficit hit $895 billion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2018, an increase of $222 billion, or 32 percent, over the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO)."
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: The vitriol is expressed with all sorts of exaggerations and caustic remarks, and the intentional misspelling of people's names.
Ugly stuff.

That would be awesome. Is it possible?

Farracon and McLAme are about as funny, clever and poignant as DOPUS, Agent Orange etc.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MDlaxfan76: been good to have Bandito expelled in my feed, you appear to be on that path as you post more and more uncivilly.
For some reason, I thought the friend/foe function wasn't available on this new blog. Thanks for the G-2, MDL. Happily anticipating adding and being added to many foe lists.

"Hallefrigginluiah".(VISUALIZE HANDS CLAPPING)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote: The vitriol is expressed with all sorts of exaggerations and caustic remarks, and the intentional misspelling of people's names.
Ugly stuff.

That would be awesome. Is it possible?

Farracon and McLAme are about as funny, clever and poignant as DOPUS, Agent Orange etc.
You and I are in agreement on that Kramerica. +1.

I do use the word "Trumpist" but I don't think the construct of that word implies anything beyond specific loyalty to Trump over country or Constitution or rule of law. It's more than simply having voted for him or agreeing with some or even most of this Administration's policies. It's the denial that he's a despicable, human being unworthy to have been elevated to the Presidency, and an embarrassment to Americans around the world. Instead, a "Trumpist" actually likes the dog whistles and outright lies, if for no other reason than to tick off other people, especially what they would call "liberal fools" and "snowflakes".

But the word "Trumpist" itself is not constructed to be an insult.
It's just a straightforward way to describe those who applaud him at his most outrageous.

I get the desire to to be clever in coming up with insulting labels and misspellings, but I don't think they particularly advance the discourse. But I only lose patience with it if there's never any actual discussion of the issues in a coherent matter. In one poster's case, there was never anything worthwhile for discussion, in another case there was rarely enough coherence to actually engage.

Of course, others are free to think I'm a jerk or a numbskull or a whacko or... and ignore my posts too!
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wahoomurf wrote:
MDlaxfan76: been good to have Bandito expelled in my feed, you appear to be on that path as you post more and more uncivilly.
For some reason, I thought the friend/foe function wasn't available on this new blog. Thanks for the G-2, MDL. Happily anticipating adding and being added to many foe lists.

"Hallefrigginluiah".(VISUALIZE HANDS CLAPPING)
Hey Matnum, we need some more emojis like hands clapping! :D
Seriously, it's great to have not lost this discourse altogether. I really do value and learn from most of my fellow posters.
Just would like more of the discourse to be civil.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Right mounts campaign to make Jim Jordan the GOP leader

Speaker, or Minority Leader. All in favor...raise your hand! ...or is this another case of "Who cares, they're all the same anyway."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”