All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am Nice, and I see her now, hadn't ever made it past the first one before.
Yes sir, that is a nice photo.
... you mean past the first two. ;) :D
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Insurance company rules on COVID costs are likely change. People should probably start contacting their insurance carriers to see how they will be effected.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:26 pm Insurance company rules on COVID costs are likely change. People should probably start contacting their insurance carriers to see how they will be effected.
I called this a long time ago.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:23 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am Nice, and I see her now, hadn't ever made it past the first one before.
Jesus, why do you have to be such a dirtbag. Get off my corner!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:01 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:23 pm
Jesus, why do you have to be such a dirtbag. Get off my corner!
:lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Monoclonal antibodies to be rationed, distributed more "fairly". Could be a problem for some states currently on fire with COVID.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 am Monoclonal antibodies to be rationed, distributed more "fairly". Could be a problem for some states currently on fire with COVID.
Is Georgia “on fire”? Without being ridiculous, and I really do have to keep up with some face to face meetings as fall proceeds and into winter, is there anything I can do outside masking up inside and being reasonable in settings that can impact my local community and help keep my kids in person for school? Seriously. Or am I on a ride at the mercy of the marginal individuals behavior basically?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 am Monoclonal antibodies to be rationed, distributed more "fairly". Could be a problem for some states currently on fire with COVID.
Seems like an odd article.....just this week Jen Peppermint Patty said they were not enough sending vaccines to the hottest areas, they were doing it equitably across all states. I suppose the same applies here.....turning the screws on mouthbreathers I suppose?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:57 am
Seems like an odd article.....just this week Jen Peppermint Patty said they were not enough sending vaccines to the hottest areas, they were doing it equitably across all states. I suppose the same applies here.....turning the screws on mouthbreathers I suppose?
Or rewarding those who behave responsibly towards their fellow citizens? Incentivizing behavior
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:00 am
Or rewarding those who behave responsibly towards their fellow citizens? Incentivizing behavior
... I suspect this is part of it. Looks to me like society is going to start reigning in clear stupidity. The world, not just the US has a plan for the best way to put COVID behind us and those not with the program are going to start being marginalized.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I suppose the same applies here.....turning the screws on mouthbreathers I suppose?
It is about time.

FYI, one dose of monoclonal costs 52X the cost of two Pfizer shots.

The MBs love to pursue their "ruy-iots" while externalizing the costs of their rights onto the rest of us. But ask them to incur an expense of $200 bucks because of their deeply held religious/philosophical/whatever beliefs and they fold like a rusty lawn chair.

Fork 'em.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:00 am
... I suspect this is part of it. Looks to me like society is going to start reigning in clear stupidity. The world, not just the US has a plan for the best way to put COVID behind us and those not with the program are going to start being marginalized.
Reality is a benefit to one cohort is a transfer from another so it’s a bit of both
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:44 am
I suppose the same applies here.....turning the screws on mouthbreathers I suppose?
It is about time.

FYI, one dose of monoclonal costs 52X the cost of two Pfizer shots.

The MBs love to pursue their "ruy-iots" while externalizing the costs of their rights onto the rest of us. But ask them to incur an expense of $200 bucks because of their deeply held religious/philosophical/whatever beliefs and they fold like a rusty lawn chair.

Fork 'em.
Most of what we debate on every thread here is about risk and new fit transference to one party or another.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CDC study finds Moderna vaccine is best at preventing Covid-19 hospitalization

Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine is the most effective at protecting against Covid-19 hospitalizations, according to a study published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

An analysis of more than 3,600 adults hospitalized at 21 U.S. facilities from March to August found that vaccine efficacy against hospitalization was 93 percent for the Moderna vaccine compared to 88 percent for the Pfizer-BioNTech shot.

The effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine declined significantly after 120 days, the CDC’s report said, although it still provided strong protection against severe disease.

The Moderna vaccine also produced higher post-vaccination antibody levels than the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the study found.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... hp&pc=U531

I wonder if this will be the same result for the boosters that are about to be released to the public (?).
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

I wonder if this will be the same result for the boosters that are about to be released to the public (?).
Could be that when we eventually get to boosters, the recommendation may be to do some mix/matching.

I've seen some chatter suggesting, for example, that the J&J vax might benefit from getting a boost of an MRNA vax.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Send them to caves. It worked in Ben-Hur.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:33 pm
Are you saying they represent the platonic ideal?
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:33 pm
Are you saying they represent the platonic ideal?
Off topic. I ran into a lady yesterday with kids in a local school system. She said her kids were 100% in person last year as was another school system. I was surprised. Our district started late and ended early but got through it pretty much with kids going to school. I was surprised that systems one and three towns over were uninterrupted. Definitely not the norm for the state last year.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”