All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:38 pm Arkansas hospital system educating their employees on Covid vaccine religious exemptions:

https://apple.news/AxPx9NCjNQbK0JI782QJvXA
Good approach, sounds like they're at 95% so are squeezing that non-vaccinated % down to a handful.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

10 states at or near COVID crisis level. Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky, Texas and Arkansas all have less than 10% of ICU capacity available. 2 states, Alaska and Idaho have approved some hospitals rationing care. Washington State is taking some patients from Idaho, which has folks there concerned this might push them to approve rationing of care.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... entnewsntp
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

From what? Democracy.

I really want to go to Cuba but still don’t trust the country anymore than a war torn sub Saharan African country.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:52 am
From what? Democracy.

I really want to go to Cuba but still don’t trust the country anymore than a war torn sub Saharan African country.
My wife has taken students twice. Wanted to go a third time but the policy changed. She had great experiences but you have to be careful. A guy traveling with her party was interrogated at the airport for hours because he had anti-government propaganda that he was going to pass around but he tossed it at the hotel but someone found it and turned him in.

The people are fine…the government not so much. I want to go at some point.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 am
From what? Democracy.

My wife has taken students twice. Wanted to go a third time but the policy changed. She had great experiences but you have to be careful. A guy traveling with her party was interrogated at the airport for hours because he had anti-government propaganda that he was going to pass around but he tossed it at the hotel but someone found it and turned him in.

I’m sure the people are generally great didn’t mean that meant th guys that controlled the guns and butter there.

I recall bumping around Eastern Europe round 99-01 in stretches and the energy and positive intensity in the atmosphere was off the chains awesome. Not the same in Praha (Prague), Budapest, Romania (Bucharest was and still is underwhelming especially Sighisoara where Vlad the Impaler is from) anymore. I’ll stand by Cesky Krumlov as my favorite though Khatmandu and Istanbul are strong contenders for favorite spot.

Point being repressed folks who get what they deserve in freedom are some of the best to be around-they value life and it’s component parts so much more than the rest of us. You can see the difference between eastern and western Berlin within the city 30yrs later.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:08 am
From what? Democracy.

I’m sure the people are generally great didn’t mean that meant th guys that controlled the guns and butter there.

I recall bumping around Eastern Europe round 99-01 in stretches and the energy and positive intensity in the atmosphere was off the chains awesome. Not the same in Praha (Prague), Budapest, Romania (Bucharest was and still is underwhelming especially Sighisoara where Vlad the Impaler is from) anymore. I’ll stand by Cesky Krumlov as my favorite though Khatmandu and Istanbul are strong contenders for favorite spot.

Point being repressed folks who get what they deserve in freedom are some of the best to be around-they value life and it’s component parts so much more than the rest of us. You can see the difference between eastern and western Berlin within the city 30yrs later.
I had planned to go to Germany this year but COVID has it in flux.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Immunity drops just slightly with pfizer:

Pfizer goes from 96% -> 84% in 6 mos...about the same effectiveness as J&J initially.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19 ... tudy-finds
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

From what? Democracy.

Lots of friends and family went when the restrictions dropped.
All had the same thing to say as our fellow posters here:
Friendly people, beautiful countryside, amazing food, but beware of the snitches and organized police and gov.
There was a strong feeling that things could go sideways for them all...on a whim. And whatever you do, visitor or citizen, be prepared to show your papers.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:35 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:08 am
From what? Democracy.

I had planned to go to Germany this year but COVID has it in flux.
Skip Dreseden the fields are just depressing and architecture is nice but a lot of scaffolding around like NYC. Black Forest western Germany is good for Octoberfest but also the people are mean and miserable in general. Berlin is cool, stay on eastern side of checkpoint charlie. There was a club underground in the late 90s/early 2000s that was totally unknown unless you got in through somebody local and even then secret, literally within/under the berlin wall. Another one in an old bank vault called tresor/trezor (sp ?) with the funkiest, body shaking accoustics I ever felt and I am no eurotrash EDM type personally but was a great experience. Same with a club on the waterfront in Budapest over one of the main bridges called Zold Pardon (again who knows how it's actually spelled but phonetically). Nearly got murdered at a professional soccer match in Bremen - they take that sport pretty seriously in the stands, dont like trash talk much.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Go when you can, TLD, it's an absolutely gorgeous country and the food is just crazy good (don't know if you can get a basil salad though...pretty sure it was your wife who made that). Friend's daughter and son-in-law travelled Europe not so many years back and said the food in Germany was their favorite of all the places they visited. Just their opinion of course but I didn't have any trouble buying that. Oh, and do go to the Octoberfest if you can.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:53 am Go when you can, TLD, it's an absolutely gorgeous country and the food is just crazy good (don't know if you can get a basil salad though...pretty sure it was your wife who made that). Friend's daughter and son-in-law travelled Europe not so many years back and said the food in Germany was their favorite of all the places they visited. Just their opinion of course but I didn't have any trouble buying that. Oh, and do go to the Octoberfest if you can.
I love that one on the right. I mean all three but the one on the right makes me want to clear my trunk space, round up duct tape and rope and book a room at the nearest exterior corridor Red Roof Inn.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:53 am Go when you can, TLD, it's an absolutely gorgeous country and the food is just crazy good (don't know if you can get a basil salad though...pretty sure it was your wife who made that). Friend's daughter and son-in-law travelled Europe not so many years back and said the food in Germany was their favorite of all the places they visited. Just their opinion of course but I didn't have any trouble buying that. Oh, and do go to the Octoberfest if you can.
I love that photo. It's a favorite of yours and mine! The girl in the middle looks like a friend from graduate school. She got a PhD in Physics and three years after school she became an ordained minister. Could be her twin…… I want to go to Munich for Octoberfest for sure.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nice, and I see her now, hadn't ever made it past the first one before.
Yes sir, that is a nice photo.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am Nice, and I see her now, hadn't ever made it past the first one before.
Me either!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 am
I love that photo. It's a favorite of yours and mine! The girl in the middle looks like a friend from graduate school. She got a PhD in Physics and three years after school she became an ordained minister. Could be her twin…… I want to go to Munich for Octoberfest for sure.
Girl in the middle looks like an old girlfriend who had a body that you'd murder your parents and grandparents for but was more insane then I've ever been.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am Nice, and I see her now, hadn't ever made it past the first one before.
Cheekbones on third one are nice I have a feeling she could be the prettiest of the three upper half of face has a little Jessica Biel to it. I've also examined below the mugs for potential fupas and to see what I can determine about figures. Obviously the first one is very good at "articulating her strengths".
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:39 pm
Cheekbones on third one are nice I have a feeling she could be the prettiest of the three upper half of face has a little Jessica Biel to it. I've also examined below the mugs for potential fupas and to see what I can determine about figures. Obviously the first one is very good at "articulating her strengths".
I thought the same thing.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”