All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:53 pm Wait until you northeastern cats are 3-4 weeks into school here and kids and teachers start catching it. All I’m saying based on numerous southern state stories or personal experiences since like 8/6 or so.
Totally expected and predictable. It is about inside vs. outside.

Folks down south have been inside in the AC during the summer. North has been more outside.

North will have some advantage as folks move inside due to (i) higher vax rates to begin with, and (ii) time for more unvaxed dummies to take the shot over the past couple of months as we've seen the south lighting up.

Any remaining dummies in the north will have a rough ride. The northern dummies are still fine sitting on the couch and watching Fox News. Even as the forest fire visible out the window approaches.
https://cahnfellowsprograms.org/wp-cont ... School.pdf

I should add Atlanta itself has done pretty well. The army Corp of engineers ran shots first half of year out of a number of locations and did a great job where I went which was the Georgia, er Mercedes Benz, Dome.
ooops, too late. Brown starting sh_t again. https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1437633432838983680
Brown-eye?

Dude if your gloating here in any way influences my kids going back to virtual learning I will hunt you down and give it to you the way Simon Adibisi gives it to Peter Schiabetta in the kitchen. And I’ll listen to Motörhead or maiden on my headphones!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:50 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm Moderna dropping knowledge: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ction.html
my head hurts. so does this mean that if the 3 month to 6 month interval difference is 2 to 1, we should get boosters every 3 months?
any chance the press release said anything about dropping the $25 price to azn - $2?
Craziness fer sure. Maybe their mRNA injection went light as a precautionary and needed to be a higher octane. Err on the side of caution?
What kind of panel box should I get for a generator? 12,000W is what I am thinking about. Don’t need it to kick in automatically.
I doubt your service entry is that high, knock it down.
9,500?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm Moderna dropping knowledge: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ction.html
my head hurts. so does this mean that if the 3 month to 6 month interval difference is 2 to 1, we should get boosters every 3 months?
any chance the press release said anything about dropping the $25 price to azn - $2?
Craziness fer sure. Maybe their mRNA injection went light as a precautionary and needed to be a higher octane. Err on the side of caution?
What kind of panel box should I get for a generator? 12,000W is what I am thinking about. Don’t need it to kick in automatically.
9,500?
I’ve done a few of these obstacle course races called tough mudders. At the end they make you run through like exposed wires that supposedly have like 10,000W. I don’t have any knowledge around that stuff but I know it hurts like a mutha-fooker. Cleared it clean once out of four times. First time I was using some clown as my “blocker”, even grabbed the back of his t shirt at one point like a running back behind a tight end despite him not being part of my crew but he was making progress and seemed like an acceptable casualty for my cause. Anyway this clown is making it through clean and swings his arms in celebration at the last stretch forcing two longer wires to swing pendulum style against each other, one wraps around my neck and shocks the sh*t out of me, throwing my airborne through the finish line-no joke. Had a big red circle on my lower back for about 10-12 days after that one. Thankfully they hand out beers when you finish.

https://toughmudder.com/obstacles/electroshock-therapy/
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:21 pm
9,500?
I’ve done a few of these obstacle course races called tough mudders. At the end they make you run through like exposed wires that supposedly have like 10,000W. I don’t have any knowledge around that stuff but I know it hurts like a mutha-fooker. Cleared it clean once out of four times. First time I was using some clown as my “blocker”, even grabbed the back of his t shirt at one point like a running back behind a tight end despite him not being part of my crew but he was making progress and seemed like an acceptable casualty for my cause. Anyway this clown is making it through clean and swings his arms in celebration at the last stretch forcing two longer wires to swing pendulum style against each other, one wraps around my neck and shocks the sh*t out of me, throwing my airborne through the finish line-no joke. Had a big red circle on my lower back for about 10-12 days after that one. Thankfully they hand out beers when you finish.

You know those underground electric fences for dogs, hold on to the collar and test the proximity yourself.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

lagerhead wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:21 pm
9,500?

You know those underground electric fences for dogs, hold on to the collar and test the proximity yourself.
I have 15yr old, pretty sure going blind and deaf Lhasa Apso. Don’t need an invisible fence need her to stop crapping in my house. But despite my wife wanting her gone I love the little bastard.

Think it was the second year I did the race (and was hoping to do it this fall TBD-it’s food to measure how soft I’ve gotten over the years) a friend of a friend came who did ten years of active duty in the ME. Once you complete these races once you can elect to skip that last obstacle. I, of course, want to get me entry fee money’s worth but asked this guy if he was going to do it and his response was “nah, I don’t need to train to be a prisoner of war”. This is another example of my idiocy for proceeding to run through it again. And I was already in pain because this same guy caused my left scapula to go inside my rib cage earlier on this half mile fireman’s carry run as I wasn’t centered and he was like 5’10” 240 and two weeks later was convinced I had torn a back muscle but got it painfully popped back in. I’d go in groups of like 4-8 of friends and some obstacles require teamwork.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:53 pm Wait until you northeastern cats are 3-4 weeks into school here and kids and teachers start catching it. All I’m saying based on numerous southern state stories or personal experiences since like 8/6 or so.
Totally expected and predictable. It is about inside vs. outside.

Folks down south have been inside in the AC during the summer. North has been more outside.

North will have some advantage as folks move inside due to (i) higher vax rates to begin with, and (ii) time for more unvaxed dummies to take the shot over the past couple of months as we've seen the south lighting up.

Any remaining dummies in the north will have a rough ride. The northern dummies are still fine sitting on the couch and watching Fox News. Even as the forest fire visible out the window approaches.
https://cahnfellowsprograms.org/wp-cont ... School.pdf

I should add Atlanta itself has done pretty well. The army Corp of engineers ran shots first half of year out of a number of locations and did a great job where I went which was the Georgia, er Mercedes Benz, Dome.
ooops, too late. Brown starting sh_t again. https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1437633432838983680
Lest they protest.......those goldmans sachs and cool non profit jobs will got to Darmouth grads. As in UMASS-Dartmouth

Will this generation even care? Bill Gates gives away free tablets........who needs books.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I need some cheese with my whine this morning.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Vaccine Tribalism Is Poisoning Progress on COVID Science

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/vi ... definition
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

What does Joe Rogan, Nikki Minaj and Bret Weinstein have to say?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:08 am
Thought we would get an updated list of WHO to hate today.

same ole, same ole

twitter...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

USA Today: Alaska's largest hospital rations care
Overwhelmed by a surge in COVID-19 patients, Alaska’s largest hospital implemented crisis standards of care, prioritizing resources and treatments to those patients who have the potential to benefit the most.

“While we are doing our utmost, we are no longer able to provide the standard of care to each and every patient who needs our help,” Dr. Kristen Solana Walkinshaw, chief of staff at Providence Alaska Medical Center, wrote in a letter addressed to Alaskans distributed Tuesday.

“The acuity and number of patients now exceeds our resources and our ability to staff beds with skilled caregivers, like nurses and respiratory therapists. We have been forced within our hospital to implement crisis standards of care,” Walkinshaw wrote.

Alaska, like many places across the country, has seen a surge in coronavirus cases driven by the highly contagious delta variant. Idaho activated crisis standards of care in the northern part of the state last week because of a "severe shortage of staffing and available beds" along with "a massive increase in patients with COVID-19 who require hospitalization," the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare said.

Multiple states have warned about implementing those crisis standards due to hospitals and ICUs nearing capacity. Those standards mean hospitals with too many patients and not enough staff likely will need to triage patients, prioritizing care to those most likely to benefit when demand outstrips resources.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

9,500?
Generator? :lol: :lol:

what is making the magnets spin, chipmunks or coal ?

We are hoping that more New England states, if not all of them, implement generator installation surcharges or fines. Carbon footprint stuff.

fossil fuels are bad......unless it is keeping MY ice cream cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgfumenJbXE
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:23 am USA Today: Alaska's largest hospital rations care
Overwhelmed by a surge in COVID-19 patients, Alaska’s largest hospital implemented crisis standards of care, prioritizing resources and treatments to those patients who have the potential to benefit the most.

“While we are doing our utmost, we are no longer able to provide the standard of care to each and every patient who needs our help,” Dr. Kristen Solana Walkinshaw, chief of staff at Providence Alaska Medical Center, wrote in a letter addressed to Alaskans distributed Tuesday.

“The acuity and number of patients now exceeds our resources and our ability to staff beds with skilled caregivers, like nurses and respiratory therapists. We have been forced within our hospital to implement crisis standards of care,” Walkinshaw wrote.

Alaska, like many places across the country, has seen a surge in coronavirus cases driven by the highly contagious delta variant. Idaho activated crisis standards of care in the northern part of the state last week because of a "severe shortage of staffing and available beds" along with "a massive increase in patients with COVID-19 who require hospitalization," the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare said.

Multiple states have warned about implementing those crisis standards due to hospitals and ICUs nearing capacity. Those standards mean hospitals with too many patients and not enough staff likely will need to triage patients, prioritizing care to those most likely to benefit when demand outstrips resources.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

See masks don’t work.

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:43 am See masks don’t work.

just pictured the virus seeing this in his news feed and licking his chops.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am The government is lyin’

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/15/nic ... cles-.html
They are....I just ran the word 'testicles' in the 43mb VAERS CSV file, it hits often, with notes indicating swelling and pain. Patients are lyin'
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:51 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am The government is lyin’

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/15/nic ... cles-.html
They are....I just ran the word 'testicles' in the 43mb VAERS CSV file, it hits often, with notes indicating swelling and pain. Patients are lyin'
64 cases out of how many men vaccinated in US?
https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield ... S=COVID-19

And how many cases happen in population absent a vaccination each year?

Causality?
How many men have died so far in US from Covid?

But hey, don't get vaccinated if you don't want to be #65.

More seriously, assume that 10X men actually have some swelling but just don't report it because symptoms go away...heck I felt like hell for 24 hours after my second shot, 27 year old son had two days of misery. So could imagine some tiny % of men have a reaction worth reporting. But most wouldn't bother as it's not a huge issue.

84 year old mom and 62 year old wife hardly any symptoms, a little tired.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:08 am
Minaj is more concerned with finding that Anaconda

Return to “POLITICS”