All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ggait

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:53 pm Wait until you northeastern cats are 3-4 weeks into school here and kids and teachers start catching it. All I’m saying based on numerous southern state stories or personal experiences since like 8/6 or so.
Totally expected and predictable. It is about inside vs. outside.

Folks down south have been inside in the AC during the summer. North has been more outside.

North will have some advantage as folks move inside due to (i) higher vax rates to begin with, and (ii) time for more unvaxed dummies to take the shot over the past couple of months as we've seen the south lighting up.

Any remaining dummies in the north will have a rough ride. The northern dummies are still fine sitting on the couch and watching Fox News. Even as the forest fire visible out the window approaches.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:53 pm Wait until you northeastern cats are 3-4 weeks into school here and kids and teachers start catching it. All I’m saying based on numerous southern state stories or personal experiences since like 8/6 or so.
Conn College went remote last week. We will see if the higher rate of community vaccination makes a difference. I am expecting more colleges to have problems. Ours is the wild wild west…..Friend’s daughter just started kindergarten in NYC. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

https://www.norwichbulletin.com/story/n ... 118815724/
Got married in Waterford CT. Always wondered is that area around New London/Norwich etc considered SE CT, E CT or NE CT? It’s north relative to Fairfield Co, south relative to Hartford. East is all I know for sure. (We tried renting that lighthouse in stonington but the historical lady said it was a bad spot to hold a function and was the person who sent us to rent Eolia at Harkness Memorial which turned out to be a (high labor but) terrific spot.
It’s SE CT
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Folks down south have been inside in the AC during the summer. North has been more outside.

North will have some advantage as folks move inside due to (i) higher vax rates to begin with, and (ii) time for more unvaxed dummies to take the shot over the past couple of months as we've seen the south lighting up.

Any remaining dummies in the north will have a rough ride. The northern dummies are still fine sitting on the couch and watching Fox News. Even as the forest fire visible out the window approaches.
Yes on AC - and I’m from the north w Yankee blood except now I’m so soft I can’t handle the cold like I used to and hate this swampy heat down here.

No on profile-you’ll find my kids school, Mary Lin, situated near Padeia, a private High School where they “do still give grades but talk about their feelings a lot”, is littered with CDC professionals and generally left of center by a margin. Neighborhoods like mine are the reason Ga went to Biden because even the republicans are like me and don’t like scumbags destroying our global standing and reserve currency status globally. So the presumption it’a trumpsuckers driving it would be a specious assumption to make.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

https://cahnfellowsprograms.org/wp-cont ... School.pdf

I should add Atlanta itself has done pretty well. The army Corp of engineers ran shots first half of year out of a number of locations and did a great job where I went which was the Georgia, er Mercedes Benz, Dome.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm

https://cahnfellowsprograms.org/wp-cont ... School.pdf

I should add Atlanta itself has done pretty well. The army Corp of engineers ran shots first half of year out of a number of locations and did a great job where I went which was the Georgia, er Mercedes Benz, Dome.
ooops, too late. Brown starting sh_t again. https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1437633432838983680
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

So the presumption it’a trumpsuckers driving it would be a specious assumption to make.
At the core, it is a dumb ass problem. All trump-suckers (by definition) are dumb asses. But not every single dumb-ass is a trump-sucker.

All those nurses who won't take the shot -- dumb ass. Any unvaxed school teacher -- dumb ass. Anti-vax bozos (like RFK Jr.) -- dumb ass.

Trump still got about 40% of the vote in the Atlanta suburbs. So plenty of dumb ass to keep this fire burning. And also a large POC population, although blacks and Hispanics (after a slow start) now seem to be mostly onboard for their shots.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

ooops, too late. Brown starting sh_t again. https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1437633432838983680
Why?

So long as you stay among the vaxed, you should be good. You'd think a place like Brown would be 95+% vaxxed.

Why do we care about nothing-burger, non-disease, NY Yankees-style positive tests (shouldn't really be called infections, cases or Covid) in vaxed communities?

As Brown itself indicates:

Those testing positive generally remain asymptomatic and there are no indications of serious illness and no hospitalizations, the school said.
Last edited by ggait on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:31 am https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/15/covid-b ... rcent.html

pfizer not going into friday lying down. thought i'd seen that antibody jumps were much greater than after shot 2, maybe i misremembered.
#showdownfriday
What is the white cell response?
what i've seen are mostly small studies that have shown that they haven't dropped in 6 months.
most of the media reports around boosters has noted protection figures to infection/hospitalization/death and titers, anti-body levels when evaluating response.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/07/31/ ... ldnt-worry
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... e-boosters

here is the lancet article from monday and the fda/who panel:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 8/fulltext
here is their citation 5 in the article:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34182569/

i'm sure there's plenty more out there.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

it's amazing you guys can continue to find these stories in a country of only 330 million people.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:25 pm
it's amazing you guys can continue to find these stories in a country of only 330 million people.
Amazing these stories happen so frequently. Kind of sad.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:32 pm
it is sad.
and at 10 or 15 per day, we'll be hearing about them for the next 30,000 to 60,000 to 90,000 years.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:32 pm
it is sad.
and at 10 or 15 per day, we'll be hearing about them for the next 30,000 to 60,000 to 90,000 years.
No we won’t.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm Moderna dropping knowledge: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ction.html
not connecting...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm Moderna dropping knowledge: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ction.html
my head hurts. so does this mean that if the 3 month to 6 month interval difference is 2 to 1, we should get boosters every 3 months?
any chance the press release said anything about dropping the $25 price to azn - $2?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:43 pm
my head hurts. so does this mean that if the 3 month to 6 month interval difference is 2 to 1, we should get boosters every 3 months?
any chance the press release said anything about dropping the $25 price to azn - $2?
Craziness fer sure. Maybe their mRNA injection went light as a precautionary and needed to be a higher octane. Err on the side of caution?
~Livy

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:50 pm
Craziness fer sure. Maybe their mRNA injection went light as a precautionary and needed to be a higher octane. Err on the side of caution?
the numbers they're talking about are flu season numbers. not even.
if we can't get boosters, shut it down. shut it all down.
Typical Lax Dad

What kind of panel box should I get for a generator? 12,000W is what I am thinking about. Don’t need it to kick in automatically.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 pm
What kind of panel box should I get for a generator? 12,000W is what I am thinking about. Don’t need it to kick in automatically.
I doubt your service entry is that high, knock it down.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”