Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Another cool next gen pic

OuttaNowhereWregget

Quote retweeted on Twitter by BC coach Acacia.

She wrote above it:

“Old school. Love it. Hard work teaches you everything you need to know. Look within not around”

Hmmm, I wonder if she’s had some recent experience with this.

Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Early Tewaaraton Finalist predictions anyone. Scane, Ortega and North are automatic. I'll go with Trenchard and EH from Cuse for the other 2. Does anyone else struggle with the extra 5th year situation - these are all 5th or 6th year kids. Sure does make it tough for the next generation to shine. Anybody else in consideration for the Top 5 other than Marino from UNC (another 5th or 6th year).
DMac

Post by DMac »

Carney and Maddy Baxter.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Katie Detwiler if Loyola has a stellar season & makes a very deep NCAA tournament run

And maybe Mastroianni
OuttaNowhereWregget

Don’t sleep on Hannah Leubecker under Reese’s tutelage...
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Sorry, I'm not seeing any of the other girls mentioned making a run. Not this year any way. The 3 big names are attackers and the committee likes to include a defender, goalie or Midfielder if possible. Maybe AM from UNC. Unfortunately, I think Carney might be less than 100 percent this season as she battles back from her injury. Wish her well - great kid and player.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Lax101 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:35 pm Sorry, I'm not seeing any of the other girls mentioned making a run. Not this year any way. The 3 big names are attackers and the committee likes to include a defender, goalie or Midfielder if possible. Maybe AM from UNC. Unfortunately, I think Carney might be less than 100 percent this season as she battles back from her injury. Wish her well - great kid and player.
You’re probably right, but outside of the returning finalists (Moreno, Scane, Ortega, & North) & the players already mentioned by others, it was all I could come up with off the top of my head.

I think you might be right about Carney too, she was I hired pretty late in the season. But I don’t really know the details about the injury, all the damage done, surgery, or her recovery/rehab process so it’s hard to pinpoint. Hopefully it’s sooner rather than later
OuttaNowhereWregget

I should give myself a dope slap.

Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am Carney and Maddy Baxter.
Maddy Baxter what?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Fischer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Maddy Baxter what?
Too many gummy bears with his Cheerios, I reckon 😉
DMac

Post by DMac »

Maddy Baxter what?
Just having a little fun there, Fischer, after all we're talking about Tewaaraton finalists in September....and not last years.
Who knows, maybe the 5'10" flaming red head Sophomore with potential will have a break out season and go nuts. Hey, ya never know. Stay tuned.
Last edited by DMac on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am Don’t sleep on Hannah Leubecker under Reese’s tutelage...
Well, they need someone from Maryland for final 5 so maybe......
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am Don’t sleep on Hannah Leubecker under Reese’s tutelage...
lol! There is a bit of truth to what you say and a bit of the reason for the boldness I had to put her name forward. She is a remarkable player with a lot of natural talent though--and all over the field, too. With the Maryland Mystique going for her, it's not outside the realm of possibility if she has a great year.

DMac

Post by DMac »

Nah, Maryland's gone all to hell, pretty tough to win it when you're playing on a second rate team.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 pm
lol! There is a bit of truth to what you say and a bit of the reason for the boldness I had to put her name forward. She is a remarkable player with a lot of natural talent though--and all over the field, too. With the Maryland Mystique going for her, it's not outside the realm of possibility if she has a great year.

Actually, this is the year when we will see if her game grows. She has an excellent first step and great speed, and dodges very well. She had 50+ goals and one assist, which says something about Maryland's season last year. She is a player who will be keyed on this year, and will have to learn to find teammates when the slide comes.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:16 pm
Maddy Baxter what?
Just having a little fun there, Fischer, after all we're talking about Tewaaraton finalists in September....and not last years.
Who knows, maybe the 5'10" flaming red head Sophomore with potential will have a break out season and go nuts. Hey, ya never know. Stay tuned.
I’ll have whatever you’re smokin. Watching her run is uncomfortable at best. I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t get time this year
DMac

Post by DMac »

Uncomfortable? How so? Long legs, nice stride, deceptively fast and covers a lot of ground fairly quickly.
Did a pretty good job on FPSs, threw some nice assists. The Freshman showed potential when she got in
there last year. Sure, with MC and EH coming back it might be tougher for her to see the field as much but
hey, ya never know.
Oh, and I'll gladly share. The quality is pretty crazy good these days, it aint your granpa's
Mexican skunk weed no more. :mrgreen:
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:30 pm Uncomfortable? How so? Long legs, nice stride, deceptively fast and covers a lot of ground fairly quickly.
Did a pretty good job on FPSs, threw some nice assists. The Freshman showed potential when she got in
there last year. Sure, with MC and EH coming back it might be tougher for her to see the field as much but
hey, ya never know.
Oh, and I'll gladly share. The quality is pretty crazy good these days, it aint your granpa's
Mexican skunk weed no more. :mrgreen:
I can name 3 way better choices than Baxter. Ward. Swart. Tyrrell. And we don’t know anything about who’s come in and Gary’s gone. So I don’t see it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

So you're thinking I don't know that? You forgetting the part about my just having a little fun?
The girl plays for Cuse lax so she's got a little something going on. She did do a decent job when
she saw the field last year which is probably why Gary put her out there. He must've seen
something in her that you don't.
Would love to share with you, I think you need it.
Oh, and you didn't answer my question.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”