The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm People are dying needlessly- but it's a conscious decision. Let them. More vaccines and boosters for me and mine.
IMO, the Government SHOULD give up. You can lead a horse to water, etc.
The consequences are on the unvaccinated. The people who ARE vaccinated can carry on a more normal life with less fear and have a less of a chance of dying or being seriously hospitalized. Those who aren't vaccinated can take their chances and use my respirator if they need it. We've flattened the curve. There will be spikes. But it's time to move on.
Mark this down! Not only was I correct (you've given up)....you were kind enough to admit that I'm correct.

I agree that it will be time to move on the minute kids can get the vaccine. Until then, kids are still powerless in dealing with the choices of others.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm People are dying needlessly- but it's a conscious decision. Let them. More vaccines and boosters for me and mine.
The consequences are on the unvaccinated. The people who ARE vaccinated can carry on a more normal life with less fear and have a less of a chance of dying or being seriously hospitalized. Those who aren't vaccinated can take their chances and use my respirator if they need it. We've flattened the curve. There will be spikes. But it's time to move on.
Mark this down! Not only was I correct (you've given up)....you were kind enough to admit that I'm correct.

I agree that it will be time to move on the minute kids can get the vaccine. Until then, kids are still powerless in dealing with the choices of others.
I'll even say it out loud, Afan- YOU ARE correct! And I HAVE given up in this instance.

;)

My hope is that everyone else, including Biden, does too. The vaccine is the answer. Period. It's the only answer. Forcing it on people who don't want it is a waste of time, money and effort. We're spending too much time worrying about people who don't want to be helped. Let them get what is coming to them. Let's move on to fixing the results of the idiocy. And as always, us sensible and responsible people will continue to foot the bill. What's it matter? We're already throwing trillions at it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm

I'll even say it out loud, Afan- YOU ARE correct! And I HAVE given up in this instance.

;)
:lol: I'm not gloating-------I was just proud of myself for reading between the lines correctly, for once! I get it wrong far too often, apparently, when it comes to understanding what another poster of thinking.
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm My hope is that everyone else, including Biden, does too. The vaccine is the answer. Period. It's the only answer.
Yes, but he can't give up---not responsibly-----until kids can get it. He's acting rationally and responsibly in moving to protect them. Anyone responsible for the welfare of kids should throw the kitchen sink at anything that harms them.

Once kids are good? Yep, agree. Move on. Forcing these people to do this simply hardens their resolve, just like saying "no" to a child.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pm

;)
:lol: I'm not gloating-------I was just proud of myself for reading between the lines correctly, for once! I get it wrong far too often, apparently, when it comes to understanding what another poster of thinking.
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm My hope is that everyone else, including Biden, does too. The vaccine is the answer. Period. It's the only answer.
Yes, but he can't give up---not responsibly-----until kids can get it. He's acting rationally and responsibly in moving to protect them. Anyone responsible for the welfare of kids should throw the kitchen sink at anything that harms them.

Once kids are good? Yep, agree. Move on. Forcing these people to do this simply hardens their resolve, just like saying "no" to a child.
I think you push through with kids.
Then you work on getting the other vaccines aside from Pfizer approved.
Can't get to 70% in the US? Take the lead in pushing safe, approved, vaccines worldwide. Including our southern neighbors, and in countries that need medical infrastructure help. Let's be a global saving grace and nation builder again, only in a very simple, (non mandated and pushy) way.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pm

;)

How’s that work? My kids strut around gloating and smiling while saying “daddy’s a sucker”. In fact now my daughter will make some outrageous request of me, I give any pushback and she tilts her head to the side with a smile and “come on who are you kidding feigning resistance?” Look on her face without even verbally responding. And she’s 7
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

If 178 million have already been vaccinated, and there have been a total of 42.1 million positive cases, - the 680k deaths, that leaves us with 178 million(vaxxed) + 41,774,000 (w/antibodies)....for a total of ~220 million(either vaxxed or w/natural antibodies). This brings us to roughly 67% of our population with antibodies.

There are roughly 50 million kids under the age of 12 in the US, another 25mm 12-17.

We are not doing that bad, all things considered. Hope my math was accurate. 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:06 pm If 178 million have already been vaccinated, and there have been a total of 42.1 million positive cases, - the 680k deaths, that leaves us with 178 million(vaxxed) + 41,774,000 (w/antibodies)....for a total of ~220 million(either vaxxed or w/natural antibodies). This brings us to roughly 67% of our population with antibodies.

There are roughly 50 million kids under the age of 12 in the US, another 25mm 12-17.

We are not doing that bad, all things considered. Hope my math was accurate. 8-)
It's not. You're assuming that 100% of the vaccinated never got Covid, and aren't part of that 42.1 million 'tested positive' number.

...but I appreciate the glass half full optimism.

My money is that BIden will give up on vaccine mandates etc. before next year's election approaches. He's a corporate Dem, and will do the math.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:06 pm If 178 million have already been vaccinated, and there have been a total of 42.1 million positive cases, - the 680k deaths, that leaves us with 178 million(vaxxed) + 41,774,000 (w/antibodies)....for a total of ~220 million(either vaxxed or w/natural antibodies). This brings us to roughly 67% of our population with antibodies.

It's not. You're assuming that 100% of the vaccinated never got Covid, and aren't part of that 42.1 million 'tested positive' number.

My money is that BIden will give up on vaccine mandates etc. before next year's election approaches. He's a corporate Dem, and will do the math.
I considered that, but I also looked up the stat on breakthough 'deaths' and it appears to be roughly ~14k to date. So not enough to move the needle on my numbers.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Like this kind of math?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ccp-lEmoAE
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:20 pm

I considered that, but I also looked up the stat on breakthough 'deaths' and it appears to be roughly ~14k to date. So not enough to move the needle on my numbers.
That's cool. I was splitting hairs, and appreciating your optimism.

Among the vaccinated? The death rate is tiny. Just as we'd hoped. We get kids approved? We're done. My frustration is over the lack of protection for children, coupled with a rational fear that we'll get a variant that hits children if we keep Covid alive in large numbers.

And Kram's right----export the vaccine to those who want it.

But I'll still mourn the freaking stupidity of those who choose to not take the vaccine when their Docs tell them it's safe for them to take it....
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm Like this kind of math?
This is my go to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo
~Livy

tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pmI'm not gloating-------I was just proud of myself for reading between the lines correctly, for once! I get it wrong far too often, apparently, when it comes to understanding what another poster of thinking.
Respectfully a fan, just ask... instead of posting based on a hunch. You could avoid "the vortex" that way. Since you returned, we're off to a pretty good start... would like to see it continue re communication with you ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Very poetic and artistic but where the math?

Every time I hear of Hai Karai all I can think of is Harold and Maude when the mother sets up blind dates and he takes one to a wing of the house shows his sword collection that fakes milling himself Japanese style.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:37 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pmI'm not gloating-------I was just proud of myself for reading between the lines correctly, for once! I get it wrong far too often, apparently, when it comes to understanding what another poster of thinking.
Respectfully a fan, just ask... instead of posting based on a hunch. You could avoid "the vortex" that way. Since you returned, we're off to a pretty good start... would like to see it continue re communication with you ;)
Yes. I'm doing my best!

I won't stay if I can't get it right.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm
I thought the same thing about your youtube post, maybe you pasted the wrong link?
~Livy

tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:46 pm
Yes. I'm doing my best!

Ha...there you go. It was just a suggestion not a decree!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm
I thought the same thing about your youtube post, maybe you pasted the wrong link?
“60% of the time it works every time”
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'm clearly not as cool with all these hospitalizations of unvaccinated folks as some of you seem.

Putting aside whether we 'care' about these folks who make a 'decision' not to get vaccinated (as opposed to those who actually shouldn't for a medical reason), let's consider other 'costs':

1) while Delta says hospitalizations have cost them $50k per, another study says $20k (plus outpatient costs, so somewhere in excess of $20k). The bulk of those costs flow through to us as they don't get borne by the actual patient or their family. That study estimated $5.7B already in those costs in US alone.

2) When hospitals and their staffs get stretched to the breaking point, stressed, they lose effectiveness on all the other sorts of medical issues that all the rest of us are bound to have, either ourselves or those we do care about. Whether due to actual capacity as is happening in some hospitals or because staffs make errors or people postpone preventive care, there's a very real cost.

Others may add to these, but seems to me that we really should 'care' about getting everyone vaccinated and, thus, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and medical system stress.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:07 pm I'm clearly not as cool with all these hospitalizations of unvaccinated folks as some of you seem.

Putting aside whether we 'care' about these folks who make a 'decision' not to get vaccinated (as opposed to those who actually shouldn't for a medical reason), let's consider other 'costs':

1) while Delta says hospitalizations have cost them $50k per, another study says $20k (plus outpatient costs, so somewhere in excess of $20k). The bulk of those costs flow through to us as they don't get borne by the actual patient or their family. That study estimated $5.7B already in those costs in US alone.

2) When hospitals and their staffs get stretched to the breaking point, stressed, they lose effectiveness on all the other sorts of medical issues that all the rest of us are bound to have, either ourselves or those we do care about. Whether due to actual capacity as is happening in some hospitals or because staffs make errors or people postpone preventive care, there's a very real cost.

Others may add to these, but seems to me that we really should 'care' about getting everyone vaccinated and, thus, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and medical system stress.
It’s an average for Delta. They could be using only cases for average which is likely in the triple digits or less for a denominator. In that case one $2mm insurance bill could skew the average easily.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:58 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:46 pm
Yes. I'm doing my best!

Ha...there you go. It was just a suggestion not a decree!
:lol: Go on my own volition, is what I meant. Sorry.

Return to “POLITICS”