Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Brooklyn »

Read somewhere that there are three times as many registered Democrats as Republicans in California. Dunno if this is true but it would explain why its GDP is higher than most countries in this world.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:33 pm Read somewhere that there are three times as many registered Democrats as Republicans in California. Dunno if this is true but it would explain why its GDP is higher than most countries in this world.
You’re economic logic is as good as OS’ understanding of macroeconomics and math on another thread.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:35 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:33 pm Read somewhere that there are three times as many registered Democrats as Republicans in California. Dunno if this is true but it would explain why its GDP is higher than most countries in this world.
You’re economic logic is as good as OS’ understanding of macroeconomics and math on another thread.
:D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:53 pm
:D
I wonder if these cats can give me a license to practice psychology and provide therapy to others...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Naughty, naughty. Now you know such attacks are not permitted here, else you might be exiled into Petey's realm. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 pm

Naughty, naughty. Now you know such attacks are not permitted here, else you might be exiled into Petey's realm. ;)
You are conflating this with PB? Seems like your comment was more in his realm only replace California with Florida and Democrats with republicans and that’s a PB statement you’ve got there.

Let’s try it:

Read somewhere that there are three times as many registered Republicans as Democrats in Florida. Dunno if this is true but it would explain why its GDP is higher than most liberals in this world.

(I’m assuming from the wink that you understand that personal attacks is one part of it and trolling is making statements with no factual value only to titillate and antagonize being really more what got him where he is)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now Newsweek is not exactly rigorous IMO but this is insane and dumb.

https://www.newsweek.com/59-gop-voters- ... ll-1628281
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:50 am Now Newsweek is not exactly rigorous IMO but this is insane and dumb.

Saw this on some twitter feed. In addition to insane and dumb, it has real consequences to the GOP's primary, and maybe the country. It says that 36% of GOP voters believe that this is very important for identification as a Republican. This means that an appreciable number of GOP primary voters will likely make this a litmus test for their choice of candidate. The GOP platform will, as a consequence, effectively include election delegitimization as a crucial plank. This also means that GOP disinformation about the election -- and all the faux audits that state GOP functionaries are doing -- are succeeding in destroying the foundation of republican governance. The Big Lie mainstreams into one of the two national parties.

It is not hyperbole, then, to suggest that a vote for any Republican who subscribes to the Lie, who panders to voters with the Lie, is an incremental harm to the society. I just don't understand how this is not a concern for Republicans who actually (purport to) care about the country.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:50 am Now Newsweek is not exactly rigorous IMO but this is insane and dumb.

Saw this on some twitter feed. In addition to insane and dumb, it has real consequences to the GOP's primary, and maybe the country. It says that 36% of GOP voters believe that this is very important for identification as a Republican. This means that an appreciable number of GOP primary voters will likely make this a litmus test for their choice of candidate. The GOP platform will, as a consequence, effectively include election delegitimization as a crucial plank. This also means that GOP disinformation about the election -- and all the faux audits that state GOP functionaries are doing -- are succeeding in destroying the foundation of republican governance. The Big Lie mainstreams into one of the two national parties.

It is not hyperbole, then, to suggest that a vote for any Republican who subscribes to the Lie, who panders to voters with the Lie, is an incremental harm to the society. I just don't understand how this is not a concern for Republicans who actually (purport to) care about the country.
I fall in the 25% that say “not important at all”. What kind of lame people would identify a party with a person? That’s absurd. On either side.

Who said this isn’t of concern to legitimate humans beings - Aka republicans who do care? When you’re being drowned out by morons and a complicit media, including some of your liberal favorites go arguably beyond encouraging this behavior what are guys like MD or myself supposed to do? It’s not like the Dem party is dominated by Bernie and AOC you’ve got a corporatist, career politician as president who got there by having everyone fall in line to shut down Bernie in the primaries if you recall Feb of 2020 when only the ridiculous Elizabeth Warren was left even competing all in the service of getting a winnable if far from ideal for that side Democrat. If you want one party that’s a joke. Tell us reasonable republicans who are holding their ground what they are supposed to do when theyre fighting a war on all fronts other than hold their ground?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Saw this over the weekend:

Paula Ebben⁦‪@PaulaEbben‬⁩

The fact of Flight 93 that tells us who they were:

“Pushed to the back of the plane by hijackers, the passengers and crew took a vote - and decided to fight back to try and regain control of their airplane.”

Their first impulse as Americans: they took a vote.

#NeverForget
9/11/21, 9:49 AM
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:55 amTell us reasonable republicans who are holding their ground what they are supposed to do when theyre fighting a war on all fronts other than hold their ground?
Keep up vocal and vigorous opposition to the Big Lie and ANY of its derivatives.

Press for the prosecution and punishment of ANY and ALL election nonsense that crosses the line into violation of existing law.

Keep in the front of your mind that yes, Bernie and Lizzie are NOT the whole of the Democratic Party, but absolutely SHAPE the party and its approach to governing. Left of Center is where the country is and where it belongs. A valid, sane minority Republican party, with a tempering hand to what some would consider excessive leftist leanings, is absolutely needed...but the commitment to governing for the Common Good, as opposed to all that can be lumped into the "Trickle Down" lie (unfettered capitalism Uber Alles)...is what our nation needs to survive intact.

That's a start!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:03 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:55 amTell us reasonable republicans who are holding their ground what they are supposed to do when theyre fighting a war on all fronts other than hold their ground?
Keep up vocal and vigorous opposition to the Big Lie and ANY of its derivatives.

Press for the prosecution and punishment of ANY and ALL election nonsense that crosses the line into violation of existing law.

Keep in the front of your mind that yes, Bernie and Lizzie are NOT the whole of the Democratic Party, but absolutely SHAPE the party and its approach to governing. Left of Center is where the country is and where it belongs. A valid, sane minority Republican party, with a tempering hand to what some would consider excessive leftist leanings, is absolutely needed...but the commitment to governing for the Common Good, as opposed to all that can be lumped into the "Trickle Down" lie (unfettered capitalism Uber Alles)...is what our nation needs to survive intact.

That's a start!

Check and check.

I’m not sure if I agree with the last part which your saying is the median person, rather then mean/avg, is left of center. Technically if we only assessed actual voters rather than all potential voters we can say this is true. But you ignore the folks like me who held their nose and voted for Biden out of opposition as opposed to affirmation and so if submit the average is really center (maybe center slightly right because look at Biden, Hillary and really the behavior of Barry O in office. Plus Clinton, Kerry, etc). It would be a mistake, for example, to think that the state of Ga is center left philosophically because Biden took the state in the last election. As Atlanta grows from migration disproportionate to the dying in the vine of everywhere else in the state not named Savannah or a nearby island that will probably change but by then NY will be Cradletown and all those charming mass folks who are like the character Casey Affleck portrays in that SNL dunkin doughnuts skit will not be so charming when they move Mass red.

You’re dismissiveness of trickle down lacks insight though IMO. It’s really just another way of articulating Says Law of supply creating demand and you’re arguing for Keynesian theory (and probably deifying FDR missing many flaws in that man and his behavior as president wanting to be president for life). But that ok that we disagree as long as you acknowledge I’m ultimately right :).

Still this is more productive than each of us singing “my d**k back and forth to each other”.

(In case you missed it before I’ll provide reference for the song again because it cracks the child in me up tremendously - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lobjgVo0c2Q)
DMac

Post by DMac »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:11 am Saw this over the weekend:

Paula Ebben⁦‪@PaulaEbben‬⁩

The fact of Flight 93 that tells us who they were:

“Pushed to the back of the plane by hijackers, the passengers and crew took a vote - and decided to fight back to try and regain control of their airplane.”

Their first impulse as Americans: they took a vote.

#NeverForget
9/11/21, 9:49 AM
Think it was 20/20 (Lester Holt) did a segment on this on the 11th, was an awfully good show (no need to say quite moving as well). Had many of the kids whose parents died on this flight on it. The make up of passengers was who you'd want on your team, just remarkable, gutsy, and the definition of brave. Can't remember which one but when his wife said (paraphrasing), "Okay, go do what you have to do" before they hung up with one another, he said, "Okay, I've still got my butter knife from breakfast." Classic American humor and she said it was so typical him. Kind of a nice final thought if there's such a thing in this tragedy.
https://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/20 ... s-no-time/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:30 am

You are conflating this with PB? Seems like your comment was more in his realm only replace California with Florida and Democrats with republicans and that’s a PB statement you’ve got there.

Let’s try it:

Read somewhere that there are three times as many registered Republicans as Democrats in Florida.
Dunno if this is true but it would explain why its GDP is higher than most liberals in this world.

(I’m assuming from the wink that you understand that personal attacks is one part of it and trolling is making statements with no factual value only to titillate and antagonize being really more what got him where he is)

Speaking of Florida, according to Nicole Sandler there are actually more registered Democrats. In fact Pew research shows more Dems: https://www.dos.myflorida.com/elections ... filiation/

Where did you get your info or did you make your "facts" like right wingers typically do?

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:16 amI’m not sure if I agree with the last part which your saying is the median person, rather then mean/avg, is left of center. Technically if we only assessed actual voters rather than all potential voters we can say this is true. But you ignore the folks like me who held their nose and voted for Biden out of opposition as opposed to affirmation and so if submit the average is really center (maybe center slightly right because look at Biden, Hillary and really the behavior of Barry O in office. Plus Clinton, Kerry, etc). It would be a mistake, for example, to think that the state of Ga is center left philosophically because Biden took the state in the last election. As Atlanta grows from migration disproportionate to the dying in the vine of everywhere else in the state not named Savannah or a nearby island that will probably change but by then NY will be Cradletown and all those charming mass folks who are like the character Casey Affleck portrays in that SNL dunkin doughnuts skit will not be so charming when they move Mass red.

You’re dismissiveness of trickle down lacks insight though IMO. It’s really just another way of articulating Says Law of supply creating demand and you’re arguing for Keynesian theory (and probably deifying FDR missing many flaws in that man and his behavior as president wanting to be president for life). But that ok that we disagree as long as you acknowledge I’m ultimately right :).
These two paragraphs are kinda Fattyesque in their rambling, stream-of-consciousness way...something i've always struggled with w/respect to whatever "points" it is he's trying to make.

Maybe some more coffee and another go?

The front half of the trickle down thing is invitingly attractive. Of COURSE the 1%, corporations and all that hierarchy will allow the benefits of not taxing them, not regulating them and not telling them what to do AT ALL...to "trickle down" to the common good of the rest of us down here in the bottom 97%, particularly the bottom 50%...right?

Except, none of that actually happens, much. See, the slavish devotion of all the top-end corporate suites to shareholders is one of the main issues i have with capitalism. Corporate responsibility is a much-bandied concept, but as a driver of the nation's political identity, i feel it fails miserably.

[clicking chess timer]

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:34 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:30 am

Let’s try it:

Read somewhere that there are three times as many registered Republicans as Democrats in Florida.
Dunno if this is true but it would explain why its GDP is higher than most liberals in this world.

Speaking of Florida, according to Nicole Sandler there are actually more registered Democrats. In fact Pew research shows more Dems: https://www.dos.myflorida.com/elections ... filiation/

Where did you get your info or did you make your "facts" like right wingers typically do?
Are you reading what I wrote?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 pm

:lol:
Now, that is an insult. ;)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OK, so it's settled ~ more Democrats in Florida than Republicans as Nicole Sandler said. Would be nice if these "conservatives" were to practice some actual moral principle and open up those voting facilities and desist from gerrymandering so that there could be true representative democracy in that state.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:38 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:16 amI’m not sure if I agree with the last part which your saying is the median person, rather then mean/avg, is left of center. Technically if we only assessed actual voters rather than all potential voters we can say this is true. But you ignore the folks like me who held their nose and voted for Biden out of opposition as opposed to affirmation and so if submit the average is really center (maybe center slightly right because look at Biden, Hillary and really the behavior of Barry O in office. Plus Clinton, Kerry, etc). It would be a mistake, for example, to think that the state of Ga is center left philosophically because Biden took the state in the last election. As Atlanta grows from migration disproportionate to the dying in the vine of everywhere else in the state not named Savannah or a nearby island that will probably change but by then NY will be Cradletown and all those charming mass folks who are like the character Casey Affleck portrays in that SNL dunkin doughnuts skit will not be so charming when they move Mass red.

These two paragraphs are kinda Fattyesque in their rambling, stream-of-consciousness way...something i've always struggled with w/respect to whatever "points" it is he's trying to make.

Maybe some more coffee and another go?

The front half of the trickle down thing is invitingly attractive. Of COURSE the 1%, corporations and all that hierarchy will allow the benefits of not taxing them, not regulating them and not telling them what to do AT ALL...to "trickle down" to the common good of the rest of us down here in the bottom 97%, particularly the bottom 50%...right?

Except, none of that actually happens, much. See, the slavish devotion of all the top-end corporate suites to shareholders is one of the main issues i have with capitalism. Corporate responsibility is a much-bandied concept, but as a driver of the nation's political identity, i feel it fails miserably.

[clicking chess timer]

Been up since 5 on my second pot. More likely over caffeinated and need some chamomile or melatonin.

You are conflating theory and practice. We never practiced what was preached for a variety of reasons some of which was from republican politician’s own self interest and hypocrisy and some for other reasons. Same every time Paul Krugman claims “free market capitalism failed” on This Week with David brinkley and George Will would easily reply “that can’t even true because we never actually practiced it” and Will is correct. There has been a dislocation between reality on the ground and the theory.

As far as center of left what evidence do you have of this? The popular vote? That’s not “the country” that’s voters who voted and the Biden votes includes many swing votes from folks like MD or myself who did it not to affirm left policies but out of opposition of trumpsim. Cant include those, can’t quantify the true nature of non voters because they haven’t pulled the lever it’s just talk and we know most people say one thing and their checkbook says something different regularly. As for my list of Dems we see time and again how corporate, middle, political animal politicians still continue to run the Democratic Party. Obama did some things but drones, guantanamo, etc. He literally went by Barry until he hit congress. I like the guy but you claim the Democratic Party is shaped by the left but every presidential candidate has been middle win or lose for 30yrs clearing out the Howard Deans and Bernie Sanders once the donations are settled and it’s time to put up the real candidate. So again this all refutes this the argument you make that America is center left when one side is throwing up whatever this mess is now but a Romney, McCain, Bush, Dole/Kemp. Strikes me that for all the talks we are really more center right depending on your definition of center and given you are generally more extreme politically for that side than I am I’d expect your definition of center to already look a little left.

So what evidence can you actually show that the country is center left? And define center
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:46 am

OK, so it's settled ~ more Democrats in Florida than Republicans as Nicole Sandler said. Would be nice if these "conservatives" were to practice some actual moral principle and open up those voting facilities and desist from gerrymandering so that there could be true representative democracy in that state.
So you understand that your statement was almost a mirror of something that clown would say in the conclusion you derived.

Return to “POLITICS”