The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:46 am So, all the other countries across the globe, that do NOT allow unvaccinated, are what ?
Smart. But that's my view, not yours.

Or are you going to pretend that you haven't been complaining about forced vaccination, and asking for proof of vaccination? What happened today? Did you change your mind? You should be happy they're bringing in immigrants without proof of vaccination...it's what you've been asking for, remember?
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:46 am Not sure how people can scream "get vaccinated ", but than scream "hypocrisy"...and your method of proof is a vague reference to how Foxness and it's followers, are against "papers, please" . This is your take?
FoxNation isn't screaming get vaccinated, remember? They, like you, are screaming that vaccination should be a choice, remember?

So here we are, giving immigrants the choice. And yet you're STILL complaining.

Get your stories straight, and get back to us: do you believe in forced vaccination, and "papers, please", or not?
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:46 am but, at this point, you have morphed into a generalist, know it all. Sad. Expected more thought, on this issue.
Nope. I'm not the know it all. Just the opposite, remember? I told you that I do what my doctor tells me to do, specifically because I don't know the first thing about Covid. You mocked me for it, remember? And btw, this is yet another insult from you.

You really have to keep your ideas straight, my man. Pick a lane.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:11 pm Couple this with Fauci not being able to answer Gupta's question on antibodies
He did indeed answer the question. You just didn't like the answer.
Sure, he answered it, without an answer. We (collectively) bantered about the very same thing on these boards. One study was a wee-bit more protection in the headline and says way more in the body of the article, and Gupta claims natural antibodies are more powerful than the shot. Leaving the population saying..."if the so-called smartest people in the room do not have the answer, then I'll take sit back and wait & my chances". Oh then Joe give us all the middle finger, backs us in to a corner....all while allowing the legislative branch, to not be coupled with us peons.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:35 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:02 am
seacoaster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:44 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:26 pm Immaturity and pettiness (or incompetence?) in the press room continues under Biden:

https://rumble.com/vmd1yv-psaki-vaccine ... h&mc=aleum
Huh? Doocy‘s whole job is to get bites the Dark Oracles can use. How about we talk about bad so-called “journalism”? Nothing “immature” here from a super-competent Press Secretary.
So it does not bother you that the WH will not answer why they are allowing unvaccinated into our country?
Are unvaccinated allowed in this country? Yes.

It was a stupid, intentionally offensive, nativist question, simply and professionally ignored by press secretary. Next question.

The much tougher and more relevant question would be as to whether those on interstate and international travel (eg airplanes) should be mandated to have been vaccinated (with appropriate exceptions allowed)...there are many, many times more people entering our country that way than across the southern border each day. Other western countries are doing so, and this is within the Federal gov't's authority. And with interstate travel it would have a good effect on increasing % vaccinated and safety of those traveling.

Doocy is focused on those 'brown' people exclusively...for his nativist Fox News audience.

But his question would then become relevant if we were doing so with all international travel. Then it would become, 'how are we handling those entering via land, whether legal or illegally? Are we requiring or providing vaccinations for all those coming into the US either way, whether from Canada or Mexico or via boat or whatever? Not nativist, simply about ensuring public health.
:lol: :lol:

So now immigrants are considered international 'travelers'? or are people walking into our country looking for a better life different? Seems, if we were investing in, and placing refugees in our communities that walk across our border, one would think mandating a vaccine to them would be quite simple. But for some reason....you think its a brown person thing to create division :roll: . To have race and fox news as your first go to in order to tear something down, says more about you.
No, I don't see any public health difference from a person from Denmark arriving by air and a Columbian arriving by foot illegally.

If you bothered to read what I wrote, I'd be making sure folks were vaccinated however they arrived, though with some allowable medical exceptions. For those arriving from countries where vaccination was not available or affordable, I'd be making sure they were vaccinated now.

But yeah, I think Doocy and his audience (you too?) are focused on the illegal immigrants specifically from the south very differently than you would the illegal from Denmark, or the traveler from France...they all represent the same public health concern. A lot more of the latter arriving in the US every day than the illegals, whether over the border or by air and overstaying their visas.

But Doocy et al are only focused on the southern border...of course it's because of race. this isn't a mystery. They're not concerned with those arriving by air. Different complexion.

But we also don't require US citizens to be vaccinated. Heck of a lot more of those to be concerned about (80 million adults) than whoever might be arriving in the US whether legally or illegally.

I'm in favor of regulating what we can, and that includes interstate and international travel access...mandate vaccines for them. Come across the border by car or on foot or by boat? Need to vaccinated or get vaccinated right then and there. Preferably in advance, but if that hadn't been possible, then do it right then and there.

I think the Admin needs to get on with this.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:02 pm Sure, he answered it, without an answer.
No. He told you that we don't have a definitive answer.

This is why I don't think that Fauci is the problem. Even when he tells Americans the truth---there are some that don't like the answer "I don't know", and they think that that's the same thing as bad messaging, or a non-answer. It's not.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:02 pm Leaving the population saying..."if the so-called smartest people in the room do not have the answer, then I'll take sit back and wait & my chances".
This is where the logic trap I discussed with Tech, arrives: if Fauci tells Americans that the best course of action is to take the vaccine, is the population going to listen to him?

The answer is no. Clearly. Because he already told them to get vaccinated. They're not listening. By the millions.

So why, then, are you telling me that they're listening to Fauci now, when he doesn't know if antibodies provide better protection than the vaccines? You have to pick a lane here. Either they're listening to him, and following his instructions----or they aren't. You can't have it both ways, and then turn around claim that Fauci is the problem.

He already told them to get the vaccine. Clear messaging. If they did what he said? This interview about antibodies would be entirely immaterial, because they'd already have taken the vaccine.

Pick a lane. You can't have it both ways.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“So yes, you are right, the hypocrisy is flowing.”

Can you point me to all your condemnation of Kayleigh, Sarah and Sean? Or criticism of Pence’s “Task Force”? You’re just a partisan. Talk about Texas and Covid? Brown people crossing the border is the narrative you like. The problem is it’s meaningless compared to GOP Governors and the Right misinformation and disinformation factories when it comes to Covid and “protecting us from a deadly disease.” But thanks for the daily dose of RW bullsh@t.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:11 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:17 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:26 pm Immaturity and pettiness (or incompetence?) in the press room continues under Biden:

Huh? Doocy‘s whole job is to get bites the Dark Oracles can use. How about we talk about bad so-called “journalism”? Nothing “immature” here from a super-competent Press Secretary.
So it does not bother you that the WH will not answer why they are allowing unvaccinated into our country?
The FoxNews guy asking the question, and his viewers, are vehemently against asking "papers, please", remember?

So what's the problem? Why the complaint?

The hypocrisy is flowing in both directions here. And we're paying a steep price for both. I'd give anything for both the FoxNews reporter AND the Press Secretary to grow the F up.

But here we are.
It was a simple direct question, and you'd think the WH would have a prepared answer...in order to share that they are doing what they can to 'protect OUR citizenry from a deadly virus. But sadly, some think it was crass, uncalled for....b/c it was Fox news :lol:

It was crystal clear the WH is currently backed in to every corner of the ring. Not much is going well for them. I suspect Jen will be gone before the Holidays, in order to try and give the media new meat to chew on.

Couple this with Fauci not being able to answer Gupta's question on antibodies, Afghanistan debacle, Biden's vacc mandate (but oh, its okay to be a refugee and not get a shot) and Oh.... did you hear congress is exempt from the mandate and they want us little peons to trust them...UFB, multiple trillion spending package (I am kinda onboard with BTW). Harris is nowhere to be found. But it's Fox's fault for asking a very simple, concerning question.

So yes, you are right, the hypocrisy is flowing, and this administration can't take what they shelled out the last four years....why? b/c they are not any damned better; currently in a worse off position.
So you are really FattyTrips in disguise? Sounds like you just said TAATs and therefore we should all just give up.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:37 pm “So yes, you are right, the hypocrisy is flowing.”

Can you point me to all your condemnation of Kayleigh, Sarah and Sean? Or criticism of Pence’s “Task Force”? You’re just a partisan. Talk about Texas and Covid? Brown people crossing the border is the narrative you like. The problem is it’s meaningless compared to GOP Governors and the Right misinformation and disinformation factories when it comes to Covid and “protecting us from a deadly disease.” But thanks for the daily dose of RW bullsh@t.
:lol: :lol: Pot, meet kettle.

Enough of the BS innuendo, thinking I believe Brown people is some narrative I like......that's pretty effed up on your part. So you agree its a deadly virus.....why then does the WH think its okay to not vacc illegals that want entry....if its so deadly? What was it you called Trump when he banned flights....oh that's right, a xenophobe, racist. If not for double standards.....you all would have none. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:46 pm

The FoxNews guy asking the question, and his viewers, are vehemently against asking "papers, please", remember?

The hypocrisy is flowing in both directions here. And we're paying a steep price for both. I'd give anything for both the FoxNews reporter AND the Press Secretary to grow the F up.

But here we are.
It was a simple direct question, and you'd think the WH would have a prepared answer...in order to share that they are doing what they can to 'protect OUR citizenry from a deadly virus. But sadly, some think it was crass, uncalled for....b/c it was Fox news :lol:

It was crystal clear the WH is currently backed in to every corner of the ring. Not much is going well for them. I suspect Jen will be gone before the Holidays, in order to try and give the media new meat to chew on.

Couple this with Fauci not being able to answer Gupta's question on antibodies, Afghanistan debacle, Biden's vacc mandate (but oh, its okay to be a refugee and not get a shot) and Oh.... did you hear congress is exempt from the mandate and they want us little peons to trust them...UFB, multiple trillion spending package (I am kinda onboard with BTW). Harris is nowhere to be found. But it's Fox's fault for asking a very simple, concerning question.

So yes, you are right, the hypocrisy is flowing, and this administration can't take what they shelled out the last four years....why? b/c they are not any damned better; currently in a worse off position.
So you are really FattyTrips in disguise? Sounds like you just said TAATs and therefore we should all just give up.
I think we can agree, that there is very little to differentiate the two sides....RRR just happened to coin the term.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:04 pm

But here we are.

I think we can agree, that there is very little to differentiate the two sides....RRR just happened to coin the term.
It’s been around long before he used it in fact. It’s just his version of a “freak flag” flying on the reg.

I would distinguish between a guy like Trump, both as different and proof not all “non politicians” are better than politicians. At a minimum I’d think you’d agree he isn’t “better” in any sense.

But when it comes to Pelosi (from Our Cartoon President to Bernie Sanders “I’ve got to go see the CEO of Pfizer while he’s playing Hackey sack with his checkbook” - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnEUY8zSpM ), Charlie Rangel and his dope rent controlled 3bdrm in Harlem ( https://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/nyre ... angel.html ) while yelling about Ruby Schron buying Starrett City and Bob Corker getting paid by CBL ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1464133933 ) or Tom Price/Jonny Isaakson and MiMedx (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiMedx )

The last one was a company buying Georgia politicians with gains made from overcharging the VA...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:14 pm

But here we are.

It’s been around long before he used it in fact. It’s just his version of a “freak flag” flying on the reg.

I would distinguish between a guy like Trump, both as different and proof not all “non politicians” are better than politicians. At a minimum I’d think you’d agree he isn’t “better” in any sense.

But when it comes to Pelosi (from Our Cartoon President to Bernie Sanders “I’ve got to go see the CEO of Pfizer while he’s playing Hackey sack with his checkbook” - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnEUY8zSpM ), Charlie Rangel and his dope rent controlled 3bdrm in Harlem ( https://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/nyre ... angel.html ) while yelling about Ruby Schron buying Starrett City and Bob Corker getting paid by CBL ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1464133933 ) or Tom Price/Jonny Isaakson and MiMedx (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiMedx )

The last one was a company buying Georgia politicians with gains made from overcharging the VA...
However...I don’t think that means they “all” are the same. Just like all clergy don’t suck because the Catholic Church covered up decades of sexual predator behavior from within or because i’ve known large black church pastors who gets rips and mark up services like mortgages and home sales fees and costs by steering their congregation to their preferred payer/providers
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Why worry about immigrants when we have these dumb MOFOs?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/11/us/c ... ticleShare

"When Crisann Holmes’s employer announced last month that it would require all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 by Nov. 1, she knew she had to find a way out.

She signed a petition to ask the company to relax its mandate. She joined an informal protest, skipping work with other dissenting employees at the mental health care system where she has worked for two years. And she attempted a solution that many across the country are now exploring: a religious exemption.

“My freedom and my children’s freedom and children’s children’s freedom are at stake,” said Ms. Holmes, who lives in Indiana. In August, she submitted an exemption request she wrote herself, bolstered by her own Bible study and language from sources online. Some vaccines were developed using fetal cell lines from aborted fetuses, she wrote, citing a remote connection to a practice she finds abhorrent. She quoted a passage from the New Testament: “Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit.”

Major religious traditions, denominations and institutions are essentially unanimous in their support of the vaccines against Covid-19. But as more employers across the country begin requiring Covid vaccinations for workers, they are butting up against the nation’s sizable population of vaccine holdouts who nonetheless see their resistance in religious terms — or at least see an opportunity. Vaccine-resistant workers are sharing tips online for requesting exemptions to the requirements on religious grounds; others are submitting letters from far-flung religious authorities who have advertised their willingness to help.

The conflict was picking up steam even before President Biden announced sweeping new workplace vaccine mandates on Thursday. The new orders will require the vast majority of federal workers and those who work for large private employers to get vaccinated or submit to weekly testing. Overall, the mandates are expected to affect 100 million American workers.

U.S. businesses have spent the past 18 months dealing with a series of logistically and politically contentious challenges raised by the pandemic, including shutting down workplaces, requiring masks and reopening, combined with widespread labor shortages. The new battle over vaccine exemptions is especially fraught, pitting religious liberty concerns against the priority of maintaining a safe environment.

“How much can we ask? How far can we push? Do we have to accommodate this? Those are the questions employers are trying to figure out,” said Barbara Holland, an adviser at the Society for Human Resource Management. And: “How do I tease out who’s not telling the truth?”

Interest in religious exemptions is clearly rising. Mat Staver, the founder and chair of Liberty Counsel, a conservative Christian legal organization, said his group had received more than 20,000 queries on religious exemptions in recent weeks.

Liberty Counsel filed suit on Friday against officials in New York over the state’s attempts to deny religious exemptions from its vaccination mandate for health care workers. “The consequences of these forced edicts are enormous,” Mr. Staver said, citing the possibility of labor shortages if health care workers quit or are fired en masse.

In New York City, where vaccines are required for public schoolteachers, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city would recognize “narrow and specific grounds for religious exemption.”

In many communities, large public employers are already dealing with a surge in requests. In Tucson, Ariz., 291 workers requested religious exemptions after the city announced a vaccine mandate for its employees. The city assigned four administrators to sort through the requests. They have approved slightly more than half so far, and denied 15, with some requests for further information still pending, according to Ana Urquijo, the interim assistant city manager.

Some private employers are taking a hard line. On Wednesday, United Airlines told workers that those who receive religious exemptions will be placed on unpaid leave at least until new Covid safety and testing procedures are in place.

Exemption requests are testing the boundaries of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations for employees who object to work requirements based on religious beliefs that are “sincerely held.”

To the benefit of objectors like Ms. Holmes, the provision defines “religion” broadly. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has specified that religious objections do not have to be recognized by an organized religion and can be beliefs that are new, uncommon or “seem illogical or unreasonable to others.”

They cannot, however, be based only on social or political beliefs. That means employers must try to distinguish between primarily political objections from people who may happen to be religious, and objections that are actually religious at their core.

For many skeptics, resistance tends to be based not on formal teachings from an established faith leader, but an ad hoc blend of online conspiracies and misinformation, conservative media and conversations with like-minded friends and family members.

“People who have already made up their minds are now looking for ways to continue to exempt themselves from the Covid vaccine,” said Joshua Williams, a pediatrician and assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of Colorado.

Mr. Williams’s prepandemic research into school immunization requirements suggests that most objections described as religious to vaccines are really a matter of personal — and secular — beliefs. After the state of Vermont removed its vaccine exemption for nonreligious personal beliefs in 2016, the proportion of kindergarten students with a religious exemption shot up from 0.5 percent to 3.7 percent, suggesting that most parents who took advantage of religious exemptions did so only when others were not available.

Apple, Microsoft, Tyson Foods and Disney are among the major private employers who announced this summer that they would require at least some of their workers to be vaccinated. Since the Food and Drug Administration granted full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine on Aug. 23, others are quickly following.

As mandates take effect and the Delta variant surges in many regions of the country, some former skeptics are submitting to shots. The Biden administration said that roughly 14 million people in the United States received their first shot in August, about 4 million more than in July.

Vaccine rules. On Aug. 23, the Food and Drug Administration granted full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine for people 16 and up, paving the way for an increase in mandates in both the public and private sectors. Private companies have been increasingly mandating vaccines for employees. Such mandates are legally allowed and have been upheld in court challenges.

Mask rules. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in July recommended that all Americans, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in indoor public places within areas experiencing outbreaks, a reversal of the guidance it offered in May. See where the C.D.C. guidance would apply, and where states have instituted their own mask policies. The battle over masks has become contentious in some states, with some local leaders defying state bans.

College and universities. More than 400 colleges and universities are requiring students to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Almost all are in states that voted for President Biden.

Schools. Both California and New York City have introduced vaccine mandates for education staff. A survey released in August found that many American parents of school-age children are opposed to mandated vaccines for students, but were more supportive of mask mandates for students, teachers and staff members who do not have their shots.

Hospitals and medical centers. Many hospitals and major health systems are requiring employees to get a Covid-19 vaccine, citing rising caseloads fueled by the Delta variant and stubbornly low vaccination rates in their communities, even within their work force.

New York City. Proof of vaccination is required of workers and customers for indoor dining, gyms, performances and other indoor situations, although enforcement does not begin until Sept. 13. Teachers and other education workers in the city’s vast school system will need to have at least one vaccine dose by Sept. 27, without the option of weekly testing. City hospital workers must also get a vaccine or be subjected to weekly testing. Similar rules are in place for New York State employees.

At the federal level. The Pentagon announced that it would seek to make coronavirus vaccinations mandatory for the country’s 1.3 million active-duty troops “no later” than the middle of September. President Biden announced that all civilian federal employees would have to be vaccinated against the coronavirus or submit to regular testing, social distancing, mask requirements and restrictions on most travel.

But among others, desperation to avoid the vaccines is rising. In Paducah, Ky., Drew Kirk and his wife, who he asked not to be named, were strategizing about how to use a religious exemption at the hospital she works for, which recently announced a vaccine mandate for employees.

“There are many reasons we don’t want to take it, and faith is one,” Mr. Kirk said. Their concerns include a perception that the vaccine was rushed, problems with what they have read about the vaccine’s remote connection to abortion and similarities to the biblical “mark of the beast,” a symbol associated with the Antichrist. They also are not overly worried about the virus itself.

Online, a loose web of largely independent faith leaders has volunteered to provide exemption letters to those who request them. An independent evangelist in Texas is offering letters online in exchange for a donation. In California, a megachurch pastor is offering a letter to anyone who checks a box confirming the person is a “practicing Evangelical that adheres to the religious and moral principles outlined in the Holy Bible.”

The letters aren’t necessary, experts say, but can help bolster claims that religious objections to the vaccine are sincere.

Other clergy have offered exemption letters to those in their own flocks, often emphasizing freedom of conscience rather than specific dangers of the vaccine itself.

In rural Hudson, Iowa, Sam Jones has informed his small congregation at Faith Baptist Church that he is willing to provide them with a four-paragraph letter stating that “a Christian has no responsibility to obey any government outside of the scope that has been designated by God.”

He said that he has signed about 30 letters so far and is aware of a handful of instances in which a member’s religious exemption was accepted by the employer.

In Indiana, Ms. Holmes’s wariness about the vaccine was reinforced by her own research. She tuned into a “health and freedom” conference hosted by an anti-vaccine podcast host, and downloaded materials from America’s Frontline Doctors, an organization that peddles false information about the vaccines and promotes as a treatment the livestock drug ivermectin, which the Food and Drug Administration has not approved for treating Covid and has warned can cause serious harm in large doses.

Threatened with a formal reprimand if she skipped work in protest, Ms. Holmes woke up in the middle of the night with a Bible verse from the book of 2 Timothy in her mind: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” She stayed home. (A spokeswoman for Centerstone, the mental health care system where she works, said the protest was small and that “a relatively small number” of its 4,000 employees in four states have requested religious or medical exemptions so far.)

A few weeks after she submitted her exemption request, her employer requested more information, sending her a form for a religious leader to fill out to back up her account of her beliefs. “I was livid,” she said. “Religion doesn’t require a leader.” But a pastor at her church, EUM Church in Greenville, Ohio, agreed to fill out the form.

Ms. Holmes is awaiting a final ruling from her employer. She is willing to lose her job if it comes to that. “If I don’t fight for my rights, who will?” she asked. “I know God’s got my back.”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But here we are.

This one is for you YA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OQECfUww4hY
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:02 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:37 pm “So yes, you are right, the hypocrisy is flowing.”

:lol: :lol: Pot, meet kettle.

Enough of the BS innuendo, thinking I believe Brown people is some narrative I like......that's pretty effed up on your part. So you agree its a deadly virus.....why then does the WH think its okay to not vacc illegals that want entry....if its so deadly? What was it you called Trump when he banned flights....oh that's right, a xenophobe, racist. If not for double standards.....you all would have none. :D
youth, as I was the one who mentioned "brown" first, let me be clear that I was talking about why Doocy is solely interested in illegal immigrants from the south, and then tried to make that a public health question...yes, because of demographics of his viewers and what they care about...which is race. If you want to sign onto that, that's on you. Or not. No one's forcing you to focus solely on immigrants from the south.

If the Fox audience cared about illegal immigration they'd care about those overstaying visas from European countries, but they're not.

and if they cared about public health, they'd be insisting that Americans get vaccinated. Heck of a lot more of those infecting other Americans than illegal immigrants or travelers from abroad.

But they're not. Nope. Just those brown folks coming across the border, eager for a better, safer life.

How about recognizing that I agreed that those coming from wherever, south north wherever, should be vaccinated or greeted with a shot? And that we should mandate, legally, wherever we can, to get Americans to do so? eg interstate and international travel?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It was a stupid, intentionally offensive, nativist question, simply and professionally ignored by press secretary. Next question.

The much tougher and more relevant question would be as to whether those on interstate and international travel (eg airplanes) should be mandated to have been vaccinated (with appropriate exceptions allowed)...there are many, many times more people entering our country that way than across the southern border each day. Other western countries are doing so, and this is within the Federal gov't's authority. And with interstate travel it would have a good effect on increasing % vaccinated and safety of those traveling.

Doocy is focused on those 'brown' people exclusively...for his nativist Fox News audience.

But his question would then become relevant if we were doing so with all international travel. Then it would become, 'how are we handling those entering via land, whether legal or illegally? Are we requiring or providing vaccinations for all those coming into the US either way, whether from Canada or Mexico or via boat or whatever? Not nativist, simply about ensuring public health.
"Yes," isn't an answer to "WHY?"

It's a good question. Biden is having regular harumphs and "cmon man" episodes about EVERY group that isn't getting vaccinated.

Why doesn't he care about this group? Does he not care about ALL "brown" people (as you call them) who are disproportionately victims of covid? Does he not care about the lack of vaccination rate with our southern neighbors? Seems like a good opportunity for Biden, and the "Uhm" Queen.

Heck, set up vaccination stations along the US/Mexico border. Get them in Mexico. Help our neighbors out. Maybe it will help us eventually.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:11 pm

It's a good question. Biden is having regular harumphs and "cmon man" episodes about EVERY group that isn't getting vaccinated.

Why doesn't he care about this group? Does he not care about ALL "brown" people (as you call them) who are disproportionately victims of covid? Does he not care about the lack of vaccination rate with our southern neighbors? Seems like a good opportunity for Biden, and the "Uhm" Queen.

Heck, set up vaccination stations along the US/Mexico border. Get them in Mexico. Help our neighbors out. Maybe it will help us eventually.
If you read my earlier responses, you'll see that I agree that vaccinations should be made available, insisted upon, with immigrants, whether legal or illegal, and travelers to the US...and Americans who wish to travel interstate or international, or be in the military, the federal workforce, etc; whatever the federal govt can regulate, and down through the public and private aspects...this OSHA idea is interesting too... but the point is that Doocy was playing the nonsensical Fox News narrative that immigrants from the south (yes brown) are the real concern, not our fellow 80 million American adults...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:41 pm

If you read my earlier responses, you'll see that I agree that vaccinations should be made available, insisted upon, with immigrants, whether legal or illegal, and travelers to the US...and Americans who wish to travel interstate or international, or be in the military, the federal workforce, etc; whatever the federal govt can regulate, and down through the public and private aspects...this OSHA idea is interesting too... but the point is that Doocy was playing the nonsensical Fox News narrative that immigrants from the south (yes brown) are the real concern, not our fellow 80 million American adults...
Not to belabor it too much, but certainly seems like an opportunity, especially considered how gung-ho the admin is to vaccinate.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wasn’t a fan when Obama started administering regulatory fiat, hated the way Trump used it and don’t like it now so out of consistency I don’t like running something that feels more like a legislative or more directly representative situation through a administrative body even if the intent is noble.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:00 pm Not to belabor it too much, but certainly seems like an opportunity, especially considered how gung-ho the admin is to vaccinate.
Yes. But Americans who are against vaccine mandates and being forced to prove to their government that they are vaccinated have no standing whatsoever in this discussion, and should STFU.

As for the rest of us who have standing? What the heck is Biden thinking? FORCE them to take the Covid vaccine if they want to set foot in America, FFS. There is no excuse for not doing this.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Not to belabor it too much, but certainly seems like an opportunity, especially considered how gung-ho the admin is to vaccinate.
I do agree, though my first move would be all interstate and international travel; wrap this under that policy.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Shutting down interstate travel?

Return to “POLITICS”