Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:22 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:15 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:10 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:45 am Being an incompetent moron equates to having the guts? Who knew???

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-repor ... am-sources

If the Taliban needs cash they found a new love interest with lots of it.
This is the next phase in the new war plan, remember GWAT is shutting down and now its the GPC: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3031
The Chicoms sure are getting themselves a wonderful facility to help them with their foothold in the region. The Taliban will be paid handsomely for allowing the Chicoms access to a state of the art airbase. I thought this might have concerned dementia Joe. He has already put his f**k up in Afghanistan in the rear view mirror. Time to switch gears to more important stuff. Covid vax for federal employees and saving the planet. 8-)
The more important and potential issue....if China snuggles up and supports the new regime in Afghanistan it benefits both sides. The Afghanis get cash and support and China can negotiate for all those precious metals on their land.....with a damned airport at their disposal. Setting up a tipping point for the GPC, with Russia trying to figure out how to pit us against each other.
... too much is being made of the Afghan rare earth metals. There is no infrastructure for extraction and processing. Will be expensive in an era where others are better positioned to extract from other deposits around the globe more cheaply.
Thanks Nostradamus.. ;) . As afan likes to say.....the chinese can just wait everyone out. Much like a Lettuce inspection...btw, this is a great film.

1) even the Chinese are answerable to basic economics these days;
2) no one can out wait the Afghans! They aren't going to like the Chinese any better than they liked us.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:22 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:22 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:15 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:10 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:45 am Being an incompetent moron equates to having the guts? Who knew???

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-repor ... am-sources

If the Taliban needs cash they found a new love interest with lots of it.
This is the next phase in the new war plan, remember GWAT is shutting down and now its the GPC: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3031
The Chicoms sure are getting themselves a wonderful facility to help them with their foothold in the region. The Taliban will be paid handsomely for allowing the Chicoms access to a state of the art airbase. I thought this might have concerned dementia Joe. He has already put his f**k up in Afghanistan in the rear view mirror. Time to switch gears to more important stuff. Covid vax for federal employees and saving the planet. 8-)
The more important and potential issue....if China snuggles up and supports the new regime in Afghanistan it benefits both sides. The Afghanis get cash and support and China can negotiate for all those precious metals on their land.....with a damned airport at their disposal. Setting up a tipping point for the GPC, with Russia trying to figure out how to pit us against each other.
... too much is being made of the Afghan rare earth metals. There is no infrastructure for extraction and processing. Will be expensive in an era where others are better positioned to extract from other deposits around the globe more cheaply.
Thanks Nostradamus.. ;) . As afan likes to say.....the chinese can just wait everyone out. Much like a Lettuce inspection...btw, this is a great film.

1) even the Chinese are answerable to basic economics these days;
2) no one can out wait the Afghans! They aren't going to like the Chinese any better than they liked us.
They don't have to like the Chicoms. They will have quite the fondness for their money. Bagram Airfield is a cash cow for the Taliban. Chicoms will happily pay and not give a flying fig about what the Taliban thinks of them. This is a win/win for the Chicoms and the Taliban.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

yeah....and ? so what.

What is the point of your post?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/9 ... ntensifies

The new "kinder and gentler" Taliban. This is what the Afghan people have really wanted all along. I only wish the Taliban could "enlighten" a few members of the American press with rubber hoses.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/03/30 ... 386312400/

Brings back more memories. My unit in the 2/508 was originally scheduled to make this jump. My unit wound up in Alaska for a month. The unit that made this jump was from my brigade. They were the 1/504 . Sadly, they did not die in combat or in any sort of conflict. That must disappoint Mr MD lax to no end. Maybe he has some disparaging remarks for these dead GIs. :twisted: FTR the conditions were not safe. These men jumped with wind gusts in excess of 35 knots. They did not die in combat so their deaths don't matter. They did to me but not so much to some other people.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:32 am https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/03/30 ... 386312400/

Brings back more memories. My unit in the 2/508 was originally scheduled to make this jump. My unit wound up in Alaska for a month. The unit that made this jump was from my brigade. They were the 1/504 . Sadly, they did not die in combat or in any sort of conflict. That must disappoint Mr MD lax to no end. Maybe he has some disparaging remarks for these dead GIs. :twisted: FTR the conditions were not safe. These men jumped with wind gusts in excess of 35 knots. They did not die in combat so their deaths don't matter. They did to me but not so much to some other people.
Did you not bother to read my response?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:32 am https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/03/30 ... 386312400/

No I did not, I'm too angry at you right now to be interested in anything you have to say. You owe Private Rickettson an apology. I knew him for a few hours. I helped him put his chute on and chatted with him about his first jump. None of us ever thought we would actually have to jump that night. The next time i saw him he was gone. You want to wonder some times why i am angry? I have never even told my own wife about that night. I have shared it with 2 other people. One of them was a remarkable man here on our other forum 2 bad knees. i wish I still had the PM he sent me. He may have been the only person I knew that understood why i was so angry. Maybe i am angry sometimes. That is probably the reason I'm no longer the patriotic kid who joined the army to serve his country. You live and you learn and life goes on. Walking a dog and growing tomatoes is still the best therapy in the world.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:43 am

No I did not, I'm too angry at you right now to be interested in anything you have to say. You owe Private Rickettson an apology. I knew him for a few hours. I helped him put his chute on and chatted with him about his first jump. None of us ever thought we would actually have to jump that night. The next time i saw him he was gone. You want to wonder some times why i am angry? I have never even told my own wife about that night. I have shared it with 2 other people. One of them was a remarkable man here on our other forum 2 bad knees. i wish I still had the PM he sent me. He may have been the only person I knew that understood why i was so angry. Maybe i am angry sometimes. That is probably the reason I'm no longer the patriotic kid who joined the army to serve his country. You live and you learn and life goes on. Walking a dog and growing tomatoes is still the best therapy in the world.
Read my response.
Then take your dog for a walk and think about it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:09 am https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/9 ... ntensifies

The new "kinder and gentler" Taliban. This is what the Afghan people have really wanted all along. I only wish the Taliban could "enlighten" a few members of the American press with rubber hoses.
Speaking of rubber hoses, here are the women protesting:

https://twitter.com/worldnbc1/status/14 ... 49138?s=12
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:07 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:09 am https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/9 ... ntensifies

Speaking of rubber hoses, here are the women protesting:

https://twitter.com/worldnbc1/status/14 ... 49138?s=12
That video must give the blimp an erection. That is if watching women being beaten gets yer liberal rocks off?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Army Chief of Staff trying to get ahead of Congress :

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2021 ... ll/185249/

The Army’s chief of staff wants a review of the decisions that led to the fall of Kabul and the U.S. military’s withdrawal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am Army Chief of Staff trying to get ahead of Congress :

The Army’s chief of staff wants a review of the decisions that led to the fall of Kabul and the U.S. military’s withdrawal.
First, good.

Second, I wouldn't assume his call for the review is anything but wanting an honest assessment of the multi-faceted lessons to be learned as opposed to simply political pressure (though that's clearly there). Sounds like he's proposing a full review, not just the final days.

That's his job and unless we know otherwise, I'd think he's being sincere.

Third, I'd agree with his assertion about "infinite competition"; issues don't go away because we wish them so. The military has a role. But he's also talking about the conditions for various types of "success" and I think there's plenty to learn from a clear eyed look at those predicates and what would have been needed to create or support them.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:17 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am Army Chief of Staff trying to get ahead of Congress :

First, good.

Second, I wouldn't assume his call for the review is anything but wanting an honest assessment of the multi-faceted lessons to be learned as opposed to simply political pressure (though that's clearly there). Sounds like he's proposing a full review, not just the final days.

That's his job and unless we know otherwise, I'd think he's being sincere.

Third, I'd agree with his assertion about "infinite competition"; issues don't go away because we wish them so. The military has a role. But he's also talking about the conditions for various types of "success" and I think there's plenty to learn from a clear eyed look at those predicates and what would have been needed to create or support them.
Congressional hearings start next week. Austin, Milley & McKenzie are first up.
Now they can say they're awaiting the results of the Army's study.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I have friends resting on the bottom of every ocean of the globe, as a result of flying marginally engineered aircraft in a very unforgiving environment, during "peacetime" operations. Some people just don't grasp the concept of differential risk.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:40 pm

I have friends resting on the bottom of every ocean of the globe, as a result of flying marginally engineered aircraft in a very unforgiving environment, during "peacetime" operations. Some people just don't grasp the concept of differential risk.
You are completely missing how he questions everyone else because he “served”. My father served, in the f’ng band, in the 60s and he never would’ve behaved like that in a million years. Never would’ve questioned someone else’s patriotism because they didn’t serve.

Some people ignore that service is often a function of choices in life and not patriotism and therefor will never get it .
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:51 pm

You are completely missing how he questions everyone else because he “served”. My father served, in the f’ng band, in the 60s and he never would’ve behaved like that in a million years. Never would’ve questioned someone else’s patriotism because they didn’t serve.

Some people ignore that service is often a function of choices in life and not patriotism and therefor will never get it .
You are completely missing what he's angry about, specifically, this time.

He's reacting to the inference that he was a lesser warrior because he did not happen to see combat duty, even though he was in a combat unit, trained & on constant alert to go into combat. ...just like the paratroopers & Marines who were just sent into Kabul. ...& he lost a friend in a training mission, just as he would have in combat.

13 of them also died in Kabul because of the questionable decisions of their commanders, who are now being praised while hiding behind the valor & sacrifice of those 13.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:03 pm

He's reacting to the inference that he was a lesser warrior because he did not happen to see combat duty, even though he was in a combat unit, trained & on constant alert to go into combat. ...just like the paratroopers & Marines who were just sent into Kabul. ...& he lost a friend in a training mission, just as he would have in combat.

13 of them also died in Kabul because of the questionable decisions of their commanders, who are now being praised while hiding behind the valor & sacrifice of those 13.
Yes but he responded after assaulting MD about his lack of service. It became a breast for tat but he instigated it and then became the victim. Same stuff different day.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Apparently breast is not an approved word here
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:03 pm

Lest anyone think this is unique to the military, suggest you ask the surviving family members and friends of those innocent civilians/friends/families and first responders lost 20 years ago tomorrow.

In fact, might be a decent suggestion to zip it on the incessant arguing and disrespect for others for 24-48 hours out of respect to their memory.

Return to “POLITICS”