University of Maryland Terrapins

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: University of Maryland Terrapins

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:43 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:31 am Others on here also use "Dook" for Duke (which is an obvious euphemism for excrement)
Hmmm. I didnt think I was going to learn anything today....is that a real definition?

I always thought the use of Dook was just being an intentional silly mispelling the name of a hoity toity edumacated skool.

Now I guess I should have been offended when I heard it and more sensitive when I used it????
Yep--just google the word "dookie". It doesn't bother me. You're not the only one who uses it. I just used it to show that I'm not the only one who comes up with other names for teams. It's no biggie to me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:46 am “I don't care if my opinions are challenged.”

All evidence to the contrary. As I tried to say, just relax. We disagree on lots of things: this need to heckle Maryland; the use of nicknames like “Twerps;” your assessment of players through stats that are kept rather than a more holistic view of games; and probably many more things. Those are “issues” and perspectives. I disagree with them. You’ll have to get comfortable with my supposed condescension and arrogance. Have a nice long weekend.
These aren't challenges to my perspectives, they are personal attacks. And I will never be okay with them, and I'm not going to relax as long as you continue them.
seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 pm Maybe see a therapist.
seacoaster wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 pm There's no defense. It's an opinion and a matter of taste, all of which appears to be in your mouth.
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:50 am No, no one likes being personally attacked, and I did not think I was doing so.
You weren't, wlaxphan. I have never felt personally attacked by you. You've always been polite and civil in your challenges (and sometimes agreements) with my takes. All is good in the hood.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You really are unbelievable. You come on with all kinds of garbage about underperforming, choking, calling programs braggards, chest pounders, and gloaters and expect no one to say anything to you??? You might be a little too thin skinned and sensitive to hang around here as I don't think there are too many people who are going to let you spout off without having a little something to say about it. Here, try this one it might work better for you.
https://crossstitchforum.com/
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:44 pm You really are unbelievable. You come on with all kinds of garbage about underperforming, choking, calling programs braggards, chest pounders, and gloaters and expect no one to say anything to you??? You might be a little too thin skinned and sensitive to hang around here as I don't think there are too many people who are going to let you spout off without having a little something to say about it. Here, try this one it might work better for you.
Thanks for the kind suggestion, D--but I like it just fine right here. Plus..."FanLax is a website and forum dedicated to serving all lacrosse fans. Well, not the obnoxious ones. But the vast majority of fans of lacrosse. So, if you like lacrosse and you're not obnoxious, you've come to the right place. If you like lacrosse and you are obnoxious, you've also come to the right place. We have plenty of threads within our forums packed with people just like you."

All means all, brutha. I ain't goin' nowhere. In the meantime--how bout you try the crossstich joint and tell me how it is.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:59 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:44 pm You really are unbelievable. You come on with all kinds of garbage about underperforming, choking, calling programs braggards, chest pounders, and gloaters and expect no one to say anything to you??? You might be a little too thin skinned and sensitive to hang around here as I don't think there are too many people who are going to let you spout off without having a little something to say about it. Here, try this one it might work better for you.
Thanks for the kind suggestion, D--but I like it just fine right here. Plus..."FanLax is a website and forum dedicated to serving all lacrosse fans. Well, not the obnoxious ones. But the vast majority of fans of lacrosse. So, if you like lacrosse and you're not obnoxious, you've come to the right place. If you like lacrosse and you are obnoxious, you've also come to the right place. We have plenty of threads within our forums packed with people just like you."

All means all, brutha. I ain't goin' nowhere. In the meantime--how bout you try the crossstich joint and tell me how it is.
Dude, time to get the prescription refilled.
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Another country heard from. YAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:32 pm
8meterPA wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Another country heard from. YAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN.
I heard Maryland wlax not playing UNC wlax this spring ? But big10 is playing football out of conference right? So why do you think they aren’t playing each other ? Anybody from Terps nation know why?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:24 pm I heard Maryland wlax not playing UNC wlax this spring ? But big10 is playing football out of conference right? So why do you think they aren’t playing each other ? Anybody from Terps nation know why?
One has to go back to 1995 to find the last time the Terps didn't play the Heels during the regular season.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:43 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:24 pm I heard Maryland wlax not playing UNC wlax this spring ? But big10 is playing football out of conference right? So why do you think they aren’t playing each other ? Anybody from Terps nation know why?
One has to go back to 1995 to find the last time the Terps didn't play the Heels during the regular season.
a quick check shows the Maryland soccer is playing out of conference as well this year. I cant figure out why they are not playing each other but its a shame as its always a great game
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:47 pm
a quick check shows the Maryland soccer is playing out of conference as well this year. I cant figure out why they are not playing each other but its a shame as its always a great game
It sure is. One of the traditional games of the year. How did you hear about it? Does that mean they won’t be playing Northwestern either?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

It was mentioned during the Stanford V Carolina soccer game today
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:16 pm
It was mentioned during the Stanford V Carolina soccer game today
If it is true that is a little odd. When Maryland moved to the B1G Conference in 2015 there are articles quoting both coaches saying they made a point of keeping each other on their out of conference schedules given the history between the programs, friendship of the coaches, and competitive level of the game.

Maybe there are tougher budgetary restrictions for either school after the past year? Fewer out of conference games? Or maybe after not playing for a year, one of the programs was interested in changing up their out of conference schedule? I can imagine there's a lot of logistics and planning that go into scheduling along with the financial aspect, maybe they just couldn't make it work this year. Both teams usually have very strong schedules regardless.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Nice pic!

Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:01 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:31 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:50 pm
aubartolomei wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:34 pm UNC refers to themselves as the university of national champions and celebrates all two of their trophies. Nobody else brags about the history and tradition and success of their program because no one else has the same history/tradition/success. Maryland social media isnt here to make friends with internet keyboard warriors.
While I agree with you on MD, I think UNC calls themselves that because of the number of championships won across all sports not just wlax :lol: There aren’t many places where you’ve got 4-5 teams making it to an NCAA championship game a year.

It’s ridiculous. Unless you’ve won at least one football championship you are NOT a university of national championships. Umd has nattys in 7 sports including football. Stanford destroys UNC in nattys. UMD has more nattys than The UNC all time.

Disagree about football. I also never said UNC had the most NC’s, either. My point was that UNC doesn’t refer to themselves as University of National Champions because they won two wlax championships - it’s about the achievements of all athletic programs and it’s because it fits the same acronym as the school name (UNC).
So does University of No Classes and that one is spot on.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:09 am
aubartolomei wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:34 pm UNC refers to themselves as the university of national champions and celebrates all two of their trophies. Nobody else brags about the history and tradition and success of their program because no one else has the same history/tradition/success. Maryland social media isnt here to make friends with internet keyboard warriors.
While I agree with you on MD, I think UNC calls themselves that because of the number of championships won across all sports not just wlax :lol: There aren’t many places where you’ve got 4-5 teams making it to an NCAA championship game a year.

It’s ridiculous. Unless you’ve won at least one football championship you are NOT a university of national championships. Umd has nattys in 7 sports including football. Stanford destroys UNC in nattys. UMD has more nattys than The UNC all time.

Disagree about football. I also never said UNC had the most NC’s, either. My point was that UNC doesn’t refer to themselves as University of National Champions because they won two wlax championships - it’s about the achievements of all athletic programs and it’s because it fits the same acronym as the school name (UNC).
Now, that's funny!
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

cltlax wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 am

Now, that's funny!
Funny and accurate!
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I'll see that little chuckle and raise you an "Orange County Community College"
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

The 15 time national champion woman’s lacrosse team is the proud and dominant representatives of the most impactful institution in the lacrosse community the alumni of which created/invented the following

The Muppets
Seinfeld
The Wire
The Hybrid Engine
The Octane System
The Universal Price Bar Code
Pulse Doppler Radar
Linear Programming
UnderArmour
Flexible Artery Stents
Artificial Pancreas
Rechargeable pacemaker
Epic Games / Fortnite
Sirius Satellite Radio
FlavorX
Broke Watergate
Google.

UMD has invented/created a good portion of the entire world economy/culture. And I thought I would bring it up since UMD is so humble.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:58 pm The 15 time national champion woman’s lacrosse team is the proud and dominant representatives of the most impactful institution in the lacrosse community the alumni of which created/invented the following

The Muppets
Seinfeld
The Wire
The Hybrid Engine
The Octane System
The Universal Price Bar Code
Pulse Doppler Radar
Linear Programming
UnderArmour
Flexible Artery Stents
Artificial Pancreas
Rechargeable pacemaker
Epic Games / Fortnite
Sirius Satellite Radio
FlavorX
Broke Watergate
Google.

UMD has invented/created a good portion of the entire world economy/culture. And I thought I would bring it up since UMD is so humble.
Dude I'm from MD and belong to the Terrapin club but enough already.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”