Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm I don't have a valid link but allegedly the US State Dept is preventing rescue flights out of Afghanistan. If true how is that possible and will Bidens people admit to doing it? Biden started out with a good idea and his administration has gone out of its way to turn the operation to full tilt FUBAR. Did Biden listen to anybody giving him advice? Was there ever a plan? How could any plan have included abandoning Bagram AFB before all our friends and American citizens were evacuated? My personal 64 thousand dollar question.. who was the dumb f**k in Bidentown that made that call? Will whoever the dumbf**k that made the decision be held accountable? Will we ever know who the idiot was that authorized abandoning such a vital strategic position knowing it would soon be needed. Maybe Jen Sake can clear it up for America? If there is some brave reporter willing to face her wrath.
Maybe the reason you cannot provide a credible link is because the story is fantasy. :oops: Some gullible people will believe anything that supports their preconceived views. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
FTR, I never said I believed it. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility either. I have enough experience reading bullchit links on this forum to have become very cynical. It seems like the vast majority of links posted on this forum are simply opinion pieces.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm I don't have a valid link but allegedly the US State Dept is preventing rescue flights out of Afghanistan. If true how is that possible and will Bidens people admit to doing it? Biden started out with a good idea and his administration has gone out of its way to turn the operation to full tilt FUBAR. Did Biden listen to anybody giving him advice? Was there ever a plan? How could any plan have included abandoning Bagram AFB before all our friends and American citizens were evacuated? My personal 64 thousand dollar question.. who was the dumb f**k in Bidentown that made that call? Will whoever the dumbf**k that made the decision be held accountable? Will we ever know who the idiot was that authorized abandoning such a vital strategic position knowing it would soon be needed. Maybe Jen Sake can clear it up for America? If there is some brave reporter willing to face her wrath.
Maybe the reason you cannot provide a credible link is because the story is fantasy. :oops: Some gullible people will believe anything that supports their preconceived views. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
FTR, I never said I believed it. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility either. I have enough experience reading bullchit links on this forum to have become very cynical. It seems like the vast majority of links posted on this forum are simply opinion pieces.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58455959
Mr McCaul, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told Fox News there were six planes carrying American citizens and Afghan interpreters waiting at the airport.
"[The State Department] has cleared these flights and the Taliban will not let them leave the airport," he said.
The Texas representative added: "We know the reason why is because the Taliban want something in exchange."

In an email to members of Congress seen by CBS News, the State Department acknowledged there were charter flights at Mazar-i-Sharif that the Taliban will not allow to fly until they have approved the departure.

In a statement to the BBC, a spokesperson for the State Department said the concern felt was understood, but added: "We do not have personnel on the ground, we do not have air assets in the country, we do not control the airspace - whether over Afghanistan or elsewhere in the region."
As a result of the withdrawal, the State Department said it did not have to the means to confirm details of the flight or those waiting to board. However, "we will hold the Taliban to its pledge to let people freely depart Afghanistan," the spokesperson said.

Stern letter from the State Dept to the Taliban to follow.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:17 pm
To paraphrase Billy Joel.. you may be right but I just think your crazy. It would not have mattered if I posted a link. Your a liberal who would not have believed a link posted by me anyways. Why do you think I didn't waste my time looking for it dumbass? :lol:
I wouldn't ASSume too much about others, Einstein. But, will agree that you are an exact description of what you call a Dumbass...and you prove it every day around here. Often multiple times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:01 pm
Mr McCaul, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told Fox News there were six planes carrying American citizens and Afghan interpreters waiting at the airport.
"[The State Department] has cleared these flights and the Taliban will not let them leave the airport," he said.
The Texas representative added: "We know the reason why is because the Taliban want something in exchange."

In an email to members of Congress seen by CBS News, the State Department acknowledged there were charter flights at Mazar-i-Sharif that the Taliban will not allow to fly until they have approved the departure.

In a statement to the BBC, a spokesperson for the State Department said the concern felt was understood, but added: "We do not have personnel on the ground, we do not have air assets in the country, we do not control the airspace - whether over Afghanistan or elsewhere in the region."
As a result of the withdrawal, the State Department said it did not have to the means to confirm details of the flight or those waiting to board. However, "we will hold the Taliban to its pledge to let people freely depart Afghanistan," the spokesperson said.

It requires diplomatic clearance to depart Afghanistan & to arrive in Qatar. Our State Dept, the Taliban & the Qataris all have diplomats meeting in Doha. Clearance can be issued & the passengers held in Qatar until screened for departure. Our State Dept is playing the "it's not our job" card.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:10 pm
To paraphrase Billy Joel.. you may be right but I just think your crazy. It would not have mattered if I posted a link. Your a liberal who would not have believed a link posted by me anyways. Why do you think I didn't waste my time looking for it dumbass? :lol:
I wouldn't ASSume too much about others, Einstein. But, will agree that you are an exact description of what you call a Dumbass...and you prove it every day around here. Often multiple times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
😘
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:17 pm
😘
On my worst day as a dumbass I will never be a liberal dumbass. I always take comfort knowing that.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 pm
😘
On my worst day as a dumbass I will never be a liberal dumbass. I always take comfort knowing that.
Hey Einstein. Take extra comfort as a DOUBLE DUMBASS. DUMBER and DUMBASSER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:53 pm

It requires diplomatic clearance to depart Afghanistan & to arrive in Qatar. Our State Dept, the Taliban & the Qataris all have diplomats meeting in Doha. Clearance can be issued & the passengers held in Qatar until screened for departure. Our State Dept is playing the "it's not our job" card.
SecState Blinken & SecDef Austin are in Doha meeting with the Qataris right now. This could be fixed in an instant.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

😘
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:35 pm
😘
Hey Einstein. Take extra comfort as a DOUBLE DUMBASS. DUMBER and DUMBASSER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My mommy and daddy didn't waste a kings ransom on a college education for me. Did your mommy and daddy ever ask for a refund? They would have had a legit argument.🤪 All that money spent and that is the best put down their bouncing baby boy can come up with. 😅
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:17 pm
😘
My mommy and daddy didn't waste a kings ransom on a college education for me. Did your mommy and daddy ever ask for a refund? They would have had a legit argument.🤪
We can tell that your critical thinking is deficient.

I paid 85% of my education myself, put about $30k total into undergrad and all loans and scholarship money for grad school which with living expenses was still $75-$80k. Maybe you don’t understand that people can earn their own way in life and instead that the path to glory is complaining and being bitter while calling everyone names and shouting at clouds.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 pm Kismet,

😘

reply from cradle

Notice how he does not deny the categorization. Just to show how sporting we are, we won't deny it, either. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:20 pm
😘
My mommy and daddy didn't waste a kings ransom on a college education for me. Did your mommy and daddy ever ask for a refund? They would have had a legit argument.🤪
We can tell that your critical thinking is deficient.

I paid 85% of my education myself, put about $30k total into undergrad and all loans and scholarship money for grad school which with living expenses was still $75-$80k. Maybe you don’t understand that people can earn their own way in life and instead that the path to glory is complaining and being bitter while calling everyone names and shouting at clouds.
“Waste” is probably accurate.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

😘
My mommy and daddy didn't waste a kings ransom on a college education for me. Did your mommy and daddy ever ask for a refund? They would have had a legit argument.🤪 All that money spent and that is the best put down their bouncing baby boy can come up with. 😅
You know NOTHING about me and demonstrate an identically miniscule level of knowledge on just about every other subject here every day. No surprise. Please STFU
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Here is the report:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-09-05/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

People who wipe their ass with their hand, requires “official” ID and paperwork to leave:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-09-07/

And speaking of which;

https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/01/19/of ... -together/
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

American citizens?

More like mercanaries? What, we aren't still spending billions on Afghan, ummm....services.

American citizens, free to carry, and use, firearms, freely. The DoD private military know how to use weapons?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:12 am
😘
You know NOTHING about me and demonstrate an identically miniscule level of knowledge on just about every other subject here every day. No surprise. Please STFU
as we witness dear abby admin do nothing to kismets attacks on a poster.

glad to see the hypocrisy and rule application is the same :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:12 am
😘
🤪
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Here's why I maintain our EU NATO allies could have kept their air bases open while the US & Brits held Bagram & HKIA.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2021/0 ... on/185111/

Here's the actual numbers evacuated by the US. Only 31,760 Afghan nationals.

https://twitter.com/alexbward/status/14 ... 2926010370

Return to “POLITICS”