Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by wgdsr »

Ketch wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:24 pm Just read that SU will be retiring the #22 for lacrosse.
su "retires" an athlete's jersey. not their #. 22 will still be available.

edit: sorry, area, you beat me to it.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Sorry. Misread the article. But they should go ahead and retire the number, too.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

4-star Riley Figueiras, D, St. John's (D.C.) / @AnnapolisHawks has flipped from @RUmlax to @CuseMLAX. A cerebral four-year starter, he'll join several teammates (Dwan, Trujillo & Rhoa) in the Orange's loaded '22 recruiting class: per Xanders’
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Eventually things start to make sense. Not sure of any of the facts here, but now we understand why the coaching change....

http://dailyorange.com/2021/09/former-s ... nlan-case/
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

Am I missing something? Wasn’t Cuse retiring the double 2’s along with some women’s players. I know I read it somewhere
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Laxinfordays wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:28 pm Am I missing something? Wasn’t Cuse retiring the double 2’s along with some women’s players. I know I read it somewhere
I am told they retire jerseys not numbers
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:53 pm
Laxinfordays wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:28 pm Am I missing something? Wasn’t Cuse retiring the double 2’s along with some women’s players. I know I read it somewhere
I am told they retire jerseys not numbers
What’s the point
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Latest from College Crosse

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2021/9/6/ ... ce=twitter

Perhaps a continuing distraction for the program going forward despite a new staff
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:32 am Latest from College Crosse

Perhaps a continuing distraction for the program going forward despite a new staff
Both parties are no longer at Cuse
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Laxinfordays wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:18 pm

And yet one assistant coach, the AD, and the entire athletic department remain.

And just because the head coach is no longer there doesn't mean everything is suddenly totally fine and there's nothing worth talking about.

If even half the stuff in the lawsuit is true, then these parties still have a lot to answer for. They can start by explaining why a player who had allegedly fought four different teammates (including striking one with a helmet and punching a freshman) was allowed to stay on the team and play in the spring.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:37 pm

And just because the head coach is no longer there doesn't mean everything is suddenly totally fine and there's nothing worth talking about.

If even half the stuff in the lawsuit is true, then these parties still have a lot to answer for. They can start by explaining why a player who had allegedly fought four different teammates (including striking one with a helmet and punching a freshman) was allowed to stay on the team and play in the spring.
Trust me I agree. There was a lot that happened long before this lawsuit and incident itwas poorly handled and hopefully will be resolved sooner than later
otisjane

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by otisjane »

Pensky Material wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm Based on Gait's presser, March is currently out recruiting so it appears he's staying on. AS far as the rest of the staff apparently they will be named soon.
Yes, except for the fact that I would love to see Petro and Gait on the same sideline which would be pretty cool, I don't know how I feel about him being the DC. Is Merrill currently coaching?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

otisjane wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:30 am
Pensky Material wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm Based on Gait's presser, March is currently out recruiting so it appears he's staying on. AS far as the rest of the staff apparently they will be named soon.
Yes, except for the fact that I would love to see Petro and Gait on the same sideline which would be pretty cool, I don't know how I feel about him being the DC. Is Merrill currently coaching?
AD at The HIll Academy: https://twitter.com/brodiemerrill_?lang=en
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Yeah, it sounds like SU got lucky they didn't end up in a situation similar to UVA's. Not saying that tragic outcome would have been inevitable, but the administration had no way of knowing their player was any less volatile than Hugely. Was the only difference the fact that complaints were filed? The stories are eerily familiar - with different endings, thank god.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Per Ty Xanders -
“Former 'Cuse standout Chase Scanlan was arrested for DWI over the weekend in New York's Chautauqua County, per @ThePost_Journal. Just before 3 a.m. Sunday, Scanlan was stopped and ultimately charged with DWI, driving on a suspended license & speeding. He has since been released.“
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:34 am Per Ty Xanders -
“Former 'Cuse standout Chase Scanlan was arrested for DWI over the weekend in New York's Chautauqua County, per @ThePost_Journal. Just before 3 a.m. Sunday, Scanlan was stopped and ultimately charged with DWI, driving on a suspended license & speeding. He has since been released.“
Well case closed on him playing college lacrosse. Now I just hope the kid gets helps because it’s known in general that there high rates of alcoholism, depression and anger issues as was pounded into us by the professionals at Hobart. Lot worse off reservations and when you’re best career option is making $10/hr at turning stone it’s a tough deal.

Cue someone jumping in to call me a mysoginist.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Am wishin', hopin', and prayin' that this news will mean the return of Happy Days at Cuse. Let's hope the coaching tandem will be a great success.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HooDat wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 am

Yeah, it sounds like SU got lucky they didn't end up in a situation similar to UVA's. Not saying that tragic outcome would have been inevitable, but the administration had no way of knowing their player was any less volatile than Hugely. Was the only difference the fact that complaints were filed? The stories are eerily familiar - with different endings, thank god.
I don’t know about Scanlon but heard from some dc area kids including one of the shulers that went to GTown and knew him that Hugeley was a problem going back to HS so sounds like there was some awareness of his anger issues prior there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:42 pm

Am wishin', hopin', and prayin' that this news will mean the return of Happy Days at Cuse. Let's hope the coaching tandem will be a great success.
Except this one day we call the Kraus Simmons cup. That day I’m hoping for chaos and messiness.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”