All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:16 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:48 pm According to a local news report, the reported amount of covid cases has risen 1000% since the numbers two months ago. ICU units are fully occupied and hospital staffs are at the point of exhaustion. Part of these increases are attributed to the disease mutations, others to the fact that people are not masking, others to the fact that schools have reopened and children have gotten contaminated, and still others to the fact that not enough people have taken the vaccine.

Yet, whenever I log on to YouTube and to numerous sports chats where there are so many right wing delusionals, those from the mentally deficient far right continues to call the plague some "hoax" and that the vaccine is the 666 Mark of the Beast. When will they ever learn?
So what you are saying is that all the schools packing stadiums this weekend are run by right wing delusionists?

Or, maybe they care more about cash and not a damn about little Johnny.
Wife told me that she received vaccine info on students. Science and Engineering schools have high vaccine compliance. School of business is the lowest. Also, won’t allow an unvaccinated student into her research lab. She may not know specifically who isn’t vaccinated but has set her requirement that no unvaccinated student can work in her lab. Too close a quarters for some of the work to be done safely.
And then there is this in Chicago. Screws are turning. https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/statu ... 25506?s=21
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:50 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:48 pm According to a local news report, the reported amount of covid cases has risen 1000% since the numbers two months ago. ICU units are fully occupied and hospital staffs are at the point of exhaustion. Part of these increases are attributed to the disease mutations, others to the fact that people are not masking, others to the fact that schools have reopened and children have gotten contaminated, and still others to the fact that not enough people have taken the vaccine.

Yet, whenever I log on to YouTube and to numerous sports chats where there are so many right wing delusionals, those from the mentally deficient far right continues to call the plague some "hoax" and that the vaccine is the 666 Mark of the Beast. When will they ever learn?
So what you are saying is that all the schools packing stadiums this weekend are run by right wing delusionists?

Wife told me that she received vaccine info on students. Science and Engineering schools have high vaccine compliance. School of business is the lowest. Also, won’t allow an unvaccinated student into her research lab. She may not know specifically who isn’t vaccinated but has set her requirement that no unvaccinated student can work in her lab. Too close a quarters for some of the work to be done safely.
And then there is this in Chicago. Screws are turning. https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/statu ... 25506?s=21
People Fckuing around has contributed to the mess.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:50 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:04 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:19 pm Not to mention that Moderna is recommending a half-dose as the booster and not a full dose. Oops to you.
Harmful to the hundreds of thousands who have already received the Moderna booster ?
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/31/cdc-nea ... in-us.html

Here's why Moderna's making that recommendation :
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/moderna- ... 17477.html
According to Moderna officials, the lower dosage has production benefits and could free up a billion doses a year.
Moderna's obviously expecting high demand for their booster.
I saved 'em one by getting mine before the rush & before the current batch expires.
Biden-Fauci Moderna booster plan. Ready, fire, aim. Moderna's dosage based on future $$$ :lol:

Biden & Fauci want to use the existing stock of full doses as boosters, before they expire, so they don't have to acknowledge falling short of their initial vax targets. Remaining full doses will be useless if they aren't used as boosters. They can't be exported & administered before they expire.

https://news.yahoo.com/bidens-high-stak ... 59875.html
I wonder how many have been bottled & delivered ?

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-06-16/

June 16, 2021, (Reuters) - The U.S. government has bought another 200 million doses of Moderna’s (MRNA.O) COVID-19 vaccine, the drugmaker said on Wednesday, including an option to buy experimental shots that may be in development.

The additional Moderna doses, which brings total U.S. orders to 500 million, could be used for primary inoculation, including of children, or as a possible booster shot, the company said.

Moderna is currently conducting clinical trials testing a third booster shot of its authorized vaccine as well as an experimental one to protect against coronavirus variants.

The U.S. government last August signed a $1.53 billion deal with Moderna for 100 million vaccine doses, with an option to buy 400 million more.

The company has filed for a full U.S. approval of the COVID-19 vaccine currently being used and has also asked regulators to authorize its emergency use in adolescents aged 12 through 17.

U.S. President Joe Biden had set a goal to vaccinate 70% of American adults with at least one COVID-19 shot by the July 4 Independence Day holiday, although the pace of vaccination has slowed significantly since April.

The latest purchase also comes just a week after the Biden administration said it planned to donate 500 million Pfizer (PFE.N) vaccine doses to nearly 100 countries amid concerns of disparity in inoculations between advanced economies and developing countries.

Moderna, which has supplied 217 million doses of its shot to the U.S. government as of Monday, said the additional purchase was to ensure continuous supply through the first quarter of next year. The company said it was set to deliver 110 million doses in the fourth quarter and 90 million in the first quarter of 2022.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Yesterday, I went to a soccer match as the liberally inclined Macalester college. While people did not have to wear masks at the stadium, they had to use one if they went into the building or anywhere indoor at the campus. This unlike those colleges in the Republican south where the sporting events have been said to caused widespread contagion. I don't know why so many on your side are suicidal but if you must persist in such delusionalism, your people should keep the contagion to themselves and not spread them to others.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:52 pm

People F'ing around are now the ENTIRE mess. Inexcusable stupidity on a mass level. My favorite part of the anti vaxxers is, when then get Covid, and can't breath? They don't go to the internet for health advice....no, no. They go to the same licensed doctors that they think are "in on the conspiracy". They go to the doctors that they "forgot" to ask "hey, what's my best protection against Covid".

Anyone care to explain that? So NOW you believe in what your doctors tell you? That's the pitch you're using?

That's a whole new level of stupidity we have never seen before in America. I have NO IDEA why doctors in full hospitals aren't triage-ing Cov-idiots to the curb, and treat actual people who think that doctors are real, and part of the QAnon conspiracy.

Show of hands; pre-2021, who knows what our national vaccination rate was? That number tells you everything. Americas not only believe in vaccines....they believe in FORCING Americans to take vaccines if they want to participate in society.

But here in 2021? We have millions of anti-vaxxer Americans who are so freaking stupid, that they don't know that they themselves have taken MULTIPLE vaccines. I wish I could wish these idiots ill will, but I can't.....and it's this good will that is hanging by a thread in America.

It's so frustrating. This whole stupid mess could be in our rear view mirror.
old salt

Post by old salt »

We're giving excess Moderna doses to Canada & they can't get them in arms before they expire either.
What a waste. Dummy deniers N of the border too.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/covid- ... -1.6130768
otisjane

Post by otisjane »

Absolutely right. This could be a major issue.
What strategic implications could this have?
Uncontained could devastate China and its contiguous countries.
Bart

Post by Bart »

While this is true you want to guess where the next health care crisis comes from in this entire fiasco? States imposing mandates on health care workers. When you loose all those workers the system will be on the verge of collapse. While I think everyone should be vaccinated, these mandates will cripple the system. I guess we will get to see after mid September in NYS.
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:33 am

While this is true you want to guess where the next health care crisis comes from in this entire fiasco? States imposing mandates on health care workers. When you loose all those workers the system will be on the verge of collapse. While I think everyone should be vaccinated, these mandates will cripple the system. I guess we will get to see after mid September in NYS.
It’s a mess.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:43 am
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:54 am Qualifying for a covid booster shot is a lot like qualifying for refugee status + catch & release at our southern border.

Open borders = administer as many vaccine doses as possible before they expire.

FDA officials are as frustrated as CBP & ICE officials are.

They have an expression for this is Spain = prohibited but permitted.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... oster-plan

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/0 ... lay-509451
Ready, fire, aim. 5 month Joe….and you jumped the gun. No credibility.
No credibility is what the Biden admin has with their mixed messaging.
If you're Pfizer, you can get your booster on 9-20.
If you're Moderna, who knows how long the FDA will diddle with numbers.
Meanwhile, early vaxxers are in their 6th month, immunity is dwindling, delta breakthroughs are rising, while Moderna doses expire.
That's why Biden & Fauci are giving the wink & nod.
Recall the crunch in getting an appt for dose #1. The vaccine eager will flood the market again when the booster is fully authorized.
Everyone who gets #3 before then is one more dose that doesn't go to waste & one less appt required.
So far the FDA and CDC disagree and have not as yet approved any booster regimen on any schedule or scale (check out why and you might be surprised). You're winging it again based upon your political biases (bogus wink & nod theory). If that's the way you want to manage your health it's a free country. Go for it.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

For as long as I can remember my brother-in-law, who’s been at Northwell hospital (starting when it was LI Jewish 40+ years ago) has been required to get an annual flu shot, or not practice. That mandate never crippled Northwell’s ability to deliver quality care.

The current anti-vax BS as it relates to healthcare workers is politically motivated. Full stop. Frankly I wouldn’t want an un-vaxxed healthcare worker working on a team providing my healthcare, as I’d have no faith in their medical judgement.
Last edited by SCLaxAttack on Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:08 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:16 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:24 pm Believe It: A Top Old School Journalist Stands Up for Ivermectin and Free Speech

https://rescue.substack.com/p/believe-i ... journalist
]thanks tech. the state of the discussion on therapeutics writ large continues to fascinate.
thanks tech?
There's a 45 year old editor who feels disinformation is 'free speech' and we're glad about that?

Guess what state the good editor is in???
First of all, he's a 45 year editor, not years old.

The state? And? You may want to question your state of mind ;)
ahhh he's been an editor 45 years...and this changes what?

Yeah, what state is he from?

But note, he didn't write the screed you posted, either.

Anti-mask and vaccine mandates, pro-ivermectin, string of small community newspapers in Florida.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:56 am
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:43 am
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:54 am Qualifying for a covid booster shot is a lot like qualifying for refugee status + catch & release at our southern border.

Open borders = administer as many vaccine doses as possible before they expire.

FDA officials are as frustrated as CBP & ICE officials are.

They have an expression for this is Spain = prohibited but permitted.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... oster-plan

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/0 ... lay-509451
Ready, fire, aim. 5 month Joe….and you jumped the gun. No credibility.
No credibility is what the Biden admin has with their mixed messaging.
If you're Pfizer, you can get your booster on 9-20.
If you're Moderna, who knows how long the FDA will diddle with numbers.
Meanwhile, early vaxxers are in their 6th month, immunity is dwindling, delta breakthroughs are rising, while Moderna doses expire.
That's why Biden & Fauci are giving the wink & nod.
Recall the crunch in getting an appt for dose #1. The vaccine eager will flood the market again when the booster is fully authorized.
Everyone who gets #3 before then is one more dose that doesn't go to waste & one less appt required.
So far the FDA and CDC disagree and have not as yet approved any booster regimen on any schedule or scale (check out why and you might be surprised). You're winging it again based upon your political biases (bogus wink & nod theory). If that's the way you want to manage your health it's a free country. Go for it.
He is a practitioner of ready, fire, aim.
Bart

Post by Bart »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:28 am

For as long as I can remember my brother-in-law, who’s been at Northwell hospital (starting when it was LI Jewish 40+ years ago) has been required to get an annual flu shot, or not practice. That mandate never crippled Northwell’s ability to deliver quality care.

The current anti-vax BS as it relates to healthcare workers is politically motivated. Full stop. Frankly I wouldn’t want an un-vaxxed healthcare worker working on a team providing my healthcare, as I’d have no faith in their medical judgement.
Well as long as my bride has been working the mandate for the flu shot was either get one or have to wear a mask and shield during flu season. It did nothing to say no practice. Full Stop.

I do not care what the person's motivation for not getting vaccinated is. Read that again.....I DO NOT CARE. What I care about is the potential for the number of people loosing their jobs putting quality care in jeopardy.

Want to remain at work and remain unvaccinated? Require a rapid antigen test (not PCR) every day upon arriving at work. Employee pays for the test every single day. Would it be my preference to have them all vaccinated? Absolutely.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:55 am

Well as long as my bride has been working the mandate for the flu shot was either get one or have to wear a mask and shield during flu season. It did nothing to say no practice. Full Stop.

I do not care what the person's motivation for not getting vaccinated is. Read that again.....I DO NOT CARE. What I care about is the potential for the number of people loosing their jobs putting quality care in jeopardy.

Want to remain at work and remain unvaccinated? Require a rapid antigen test (not PCR) every day upon arriving at work. Employee pays for the test every single day. Would it be my preference to have them all vaccinated? Absolutely.
So far...we know that the Covid vaccine mandates in health care actually do cause very, very high compliance. Very little actual loss of workers. There's a rigorous process of evaluating religious and health claim exceptions, but these are very few in aggregate proportion. Hospitals are used to doing this process, including the exceptions. But they need a mandate.

I understand your proposed alternative; has much the same effect. Effectively it's 'vaccinate, or pay a steep price while keeping others safe'.

Other businesses are now stepping up on this. For instance, the community in Florida where my mother spends winters has been very good with masks etc. They'd been doing tons of testing; expensive. But only 75% of staff were vaccinated...so, they had a required education day recently with local public health officials, with on premises vaccinations afterwards...now at 95% and have announced a vaccine mandate for all staff and vendors coming on premises by end of this month. They may lose a couple of staff and maybe some vendors, but are more than prepared to do so. I'd like to see them have a vaccine mandate for indoor dining, spa, etc, to get the few remaining residents over the hump, visitors etc. As it is, visitors need to show proof of vaccine or recent PCR test to gain access.
Bart

Post by Bart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 am

So far...we know that the Covid vaccine mandates in health care actually do cause very, very high compliance. Very little actual loss of workers. There's a rigorous process of evaluating religious and health claim exceptions, but these are very few in aggregate proportion. Hospitals are used to doing this process, including the exceptions. But they need a mandate.
Really? Data for this? Real world data I have seen in an actual department suggest this may not be so. OF course it is a single department and perhaps they are staffed by an overly large number of deplorables. Actually, no, the CEO of her Hospital is concerned about the potential loss of care givers.

This could still change. There are a few weeks to comply but I do know several that will not.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I’ll be interested to see research on healthcare quality because hospital systems or states are mandating vaccinations. Specific to NY I’m going to guess little to no effect. LA, MS, OK? We’ll see, but this may also be an indicator of where one might want to live.

We disagree on whether our healthcare providers should be vaccinated. I’m not getting my healthcare provided me by someone who hasn’t been vaccinated. What other standard health practices don’t they agree on and therefore won’t use in treating me? Frankly, it shows an ignorance for which I’m not prepared to risk my health on.

FTR, both the physician medical practice I go to and the largest hospital system in my area require vaccination of all employees, and that’s in NC.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:28 am

I’ll be interested to see research on healthcare quality because hospital systems or states are mandating vaccinations. Specific to NY I’m going to guess little to no effect. LA, MS, OK? We’ll see, but this may also be an indicator of where one might want to live.

We disagree on whether our healthcare providers should be vaccinated. I’m not getting my healthcare provided me by someone who hasn’t been vaccinated. What other standard health practices don’t they agree on and therefore won’t use in treating me? Frankly, it shows an ignorance for which I’m not prepared to risk my health on.

FTR, both the physician medical practice I go to and the largest hospital system in my area require vaccination of all employees, and that’s in NC.
Why wash hands….anti microbial soap may make you more vulnerable in the long run.
Bart

Post by Bart »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:28 am

Well we will find out. In NY, i know of one department that will loose 2 RN's (one a very good ICU nurse) 2 ct techs, ultrasound, x ray techs and several cardio techs. This is in a department with fairly little redundancy. This has nothing to say of the hospital wide loss of phlebotomists, receptionists, transport ect. You see no issue, I see potential for issues. Big issues as the remaining staff will be asked to pick up the slack as hospitals are already short staffed

No, I do not think we disagree on vaccination. I think all health care workers should be vaccinated. Where we disagree is the implication and issues that follow. You see no potential, I see lots of issues.

Do you also push away practitioners who smoke? That shows ignorance as well does it not?

Good for them. I hope they continue to provide health care at a top level
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 am

Really? Data for this? Real world data I have seen in an actual department suggest this may not be so. OF course it is a single department and perhaps they are staffed by an overly large number of deplorables. Actually, no, the CEO of her Hospital is concerned about the potential loss of care givers.

This could still change. There are a few weeks to comply but I do know several that will not.
This was the first hospital to do it, back before full FDA approval.

178 terminated out of 26,000.
Most were vaccinated, about 3-400 received exemptions.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mo ... l-n1272071

That's been the general experience. It helps when there's widespread such rules or actual state mandates, so that folks don't just jump systems in order to avoid. Tougher to do if you're a smaller system amongst a sea of others not doing so.

Your method would work, too.

But it's absolutely ridiculous that we don't have all healthcare, nursing home, etc workers fully vaccinated (with very few exceptions) as the example for everyone else...but it's coming.

Same is going to be true for schools, I think. Already in motion with military and federal workers.

Return to “POLITICS”