Georgetown 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Georgetown 2022

Post by jrn19 »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:10 pm
jrn19 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:31 pm
Jldlax wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 am
HGK25 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:06 am UVA was bigger and more physical period. Reilly down hurt clearly but Hoyas weren’t winning that game either way after the tone was set early. Smith and McElroy are back. Would look for Hoyas to be more active in transfer game this offseason beyond Bowen. Sometimes you need to knock on the door before you can kick it in. Tough way to end the year but I think the UVA game made it clear to Hoyas what it takes to get to the elite tier. Let’s not forget this team had no fall ball, no weight room and no locker room. Not an excuse but with all that back in place , ton of talent returning, great freshman class and what i’d expect to be another 1-2 difference makers from transfer portal 2022 can hopefully be a special year.
Is there any word on potential grad (or other) transfers to GU? Rutgers and ND have been very active, and MD and Duke each picked up a top Ivy grad transfer. I do not see much of a need for GU given the returning talent and a solid incoming class. However, the attack may need some experienced help and depth at office midfield is always a plus.
I've heard Alex Trippi from North Carolina is probably going to Georgetown. Not confirmed or anything but that's been the smoke. He could slot in well as another ball carrier alongside Haley.
Trippi put out a IG the other day that seem like a good bye to UNC.
Well he's been in the portal for a few weeks now. He's leaving. Just yet to announce his destination; but I've heard it's likely Georgetown
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Alex Trippi has officially decided to transfer from UNC to Georgetown.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Great addition for Hoyas. Petkevich type middie/attck versatility with huge upside.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

And you now added ND Connor Morin
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Two good pickups. As noted Trippi can play an A/M role and adds solid depth and versatility. Morin was highly rated out of HS per reports but did not play much this year at ND. He can hopefully contribute on attack with the loss of Carraway.

It looks like GU got the help it needed on offense to complement strength on defense and at the FO.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:29 pm And you now added ND Connor Morin
Interesting ... looks like he played a significant role on offense as a sophomore and then fell out of the lineup.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Jldlax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:45 pm It looks like GU got the help it needed on offense to complement strength on defense and at the FO.
We shall see. They need to replace 68 points and 51 goals. Thats a big hole to fill. It will remain to be seen if either of these players can elevate beyond role players. They will need some breakout seasons from existing players as well.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Looks like the Hoyas have added Hopkins to the schedule
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

GU has also added Lehigh the next two years. They are at Lehigh next year then home in 2023.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

rolldodge wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:01 pm
Jldlax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:45 pm It looks like GU got the help it needed on offense to complement strength on defense and at the FO.
We shall see. They need to replace 68 points and 51 goals. Thats a big hole to fill. It will remain to be seen if either of these players can elevate beyond role players. They will need some breakout seasons from existing players as well.
Agreed that it will take a lot to replace Carraway’s production. GU also needed a replacement for Petkevich, who was a valuable versatile contributor. Getting Trippi and Morin, and with improvement from Haley in scoring, and a healthy Watson, will hopefully ease the loss.

Also, there are comments on the portal thread that Sopko from Buckell is attending GU next year. Is there any indication that he will join the team?
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Trippi to me seems to be that “slash” replacement for Petkevich. Morin is a big guy who should start alongside Haley and Watson. Munro should also add to his past production as a fifth year. The offense will be fine. I suspect a lot of scoring will come from the midfield. Bundy, Hess, McDermott, Thompson can all light it up with helpers from Haley at X. And Warne always seems to start a few freshmen every year. His recruiting has been great, so who knows what new faces are added to the mix. The defense will be stout with Smith, Bowen, Donaldson in front of McElroy and Mazzone and Geddes in the middle of the field (all 2021 USILA All Americans). Reilly is a top ten face off guy. My prediction is the Hoyas are a final four team in 2022 along with Virginia, Maryland and Duke, assuming they are all seeded away from each other in the bracket.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Comeonman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:06 pm Trippi to me seems to be that “slash” replacement for Petkevich. Morin is a big guy who should start alongside Haley and Watson. Munro should also add to his past production as a fifth year. The offense will be fine. I suspect a lot of scoring will come from the midfield. Bundy, Hess, McDermott, Thompson can all light it up with helpers from Haley at X. And Warne always seems to start a few freshmen every year. His recruiting has been great, so who knows what new faces are added to the mix. The defense will be stout with Smith, Bowen, Donaldson in front of McElroy and Mazzone and Geddes in the middle of the field (all 2021 USILA All Americans). Reilly is a top ten face off guy. My prediction is the Hoyas are a final four team in 2022 along with Virginia, Maryland and Duke, assuming they are all seeded away from each other in the bracket.
Agree with this. Also, is it correct that Munro is taking a fifth year? I had not seen that…
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Looks like Hoyas play Hopkins next season. Hopefully that is part of a stronger OOC schedule.
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

Hearing good things with 2022 non conference schedule : Hopkins, UNC , Penn , Notre dame . Anyone have any additional information ? Any news on Fall scrimmages ? Any information is much appreciated - thank you .
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

laxguywm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 am Hearing good things with 2022 non conference schedule : Hopkins, UNC , Penn , Notre dame .
Very promising. Just playing ACC teams (and to a lesser degree Big Ten and Ivy) will boost the RPI. And add valuable experience come playoff time.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

laxguywm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 am Hearing good things with 2022 non conference schedule : Hopkins, UNC , Penn , Notre dame . Anyone have any additional information ? Any news on Fall scrimmages ? Any information is much appreciated - thank you .
Great to hear. That is good for the rest of the Big East too.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Hoyas first rising junior signing is a good one. #35 Horning from Georgetown Prep. Extremely athletic middie that seems to still have a ton of upside.
CC10

Post by CC10 »

I am hearing OOC will include, Hop, ND, Princeton, Utah, Lehigh, MSM. Nice upgrade.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Richmond as well. That along with BE schedule is very legit.
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

I hope that leaves room for the traditional Loyola game as well. Hoyas haven’t beaten them for six or seven years now.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”