All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We should keep in mind that the aclu is a (very effective) advocacy group. They will take extreme positions with respect to the class they are protecting. We can’t adopt all of their positions as policy, which is not the same as advocacy. Arguments can go both ways but I’m often careful about how we do choose to define rights and liberties on a case by case basis. So when they make this argument they start with the position of “who needs our help” and then builds the most extreme case from there. Advocates are valuable in society but policy should never be written by advocates.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:18 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:30 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:07 am Has Delta Peaked?; Rethinking Labor Day Travel; WHO Monitoring the 'Mu' Variant

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... ate_active

More Hospitals Sued Over Right to Try Ivermectin

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... ate_active
Why ain’t they suing for Roots Tonic?
Maybe they are in Philly?

https://mobile.twitter.com/fansince09?lang=en
I see Joe Rogan went with Ivermectin

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-rogan- ... tment/#app
Gotta admit that’s a great handle for a Philly BB fan
It is!
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Florida sees biggest single day COVID death toll - 1338, yesterday.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:55 am Florida sees biggest single day COVID death toll - 1338, yesterday.
It’s because physicians aren’t prescribing IVM like they should be and pharma’s not getting out monoclonal antibody treatments fast enough. Damn them!
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:55 am Florida sees biggest single day COVID death toll - 1338, yesterday.
That is awful.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Excellent, very informative podcast re viruses & vaccines, IMO, with an actual expert who isn't tainted by politics. He also discusses therapeutics, including Ivermectin, approx three quarters of the way.

If anyone has the time/interest (or attention span) I recommend they listen/learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G433fa01oMU
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

tech37 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 am Excellent, very informative podcast re viruses & vaccines, IMO, with an actual expert who isn't tainted by politics. He also discusses therapeutics, including Ivermectin, approx three quarters of the way.

If anyone has the time/interest (or attention span) I recommend they listen/learn:

Great video. Thanks. While he held a great interview, I wouldn't want Lex teaching me right after lunch.

The Ivermectin discussion starts at 2:29:47. I liked how the video timeline includes names of topics and isn't just an indication of video time.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
tech37

Post by tech37 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:12 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 am Excellent, very informative podcast re viruses & vaccines, IMO, with an actual expert who isn't tainted by politics. He also discusses therapeutics, including Ivermectin, approx three quarters of the way.

Great video. Thanks. While he held a great interview, I wouldn't want Lex teaching me right after lunch.

The Ivermectin discussion starts at 2:29:47. I liked how the video timeline includes names of topics and isn't just an indication of video time.
:D Lex is an acquired taste.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“Pfizer’s drug PF-07321332, meanwhile, will be tested in non-hospitalized, symptomatic adult participants who already have a confirmed diagnosis of SARSCoV-2 infection and are not at increased risk of progressing to severe illness, the company reported.”

So what might one be able to extrapolate about efficacy in hospitalized, serious cases? Or will this be mandated as a general prophylactic regimen to all citizens?

Ain’t effective if no-nothings win’t take it...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:12 am

I didn’t hear that guy say anything that hasn’t been said already. Figured the host was a Weinstein guy. The host’s lead in comments were just as ridiculous. Nobody knows if Ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. A 4,000 person trial is underway. Let’s hope it is. Again, a client got to phase 3 on repurposing a drug. It didn’t prove to be effective. The drug is a bon fide miracle drug for the intended purpose. Raises life expectancy from 2 years old to 80 years old. There are no alternatives.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The medical establishment world view of Ivermectin. Article appears in August Edition of Evidence Based Medicine. Reviews all known articles from all sources. Find two big problems: (1) articles claiming effectiveness have doses ~20 times that recommended for human use by FDA. (2) misleading clinical evidence based on a combination of bad methodology; contamination of studies with uncontrolled cointerventions (mixing with other drugs); high variability among all studies (basically results not being reproduceable).

Anyone wanting to convince the medical establishment has a lot of work to do.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:44 pm The medical establishment world view of Ivermectin. Article appears in August Edition of Evidence Based Medicine. Reviews all known articles from all sources. Find two big problems: (1) articles claiming effectiveness have doses ~20 times that recommended for human use by FDA. (2) misleading clinical evidence based on a combination of bad methodology; contamination of studies with uncontrolled cointerventions (mixing with other drugs); high variability among all studies (basically results not being reproduceable).

The medical establishment are the bad guys. Like the Securities and Exchange Commission.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:01 pm
“Pfizer’s drug PF-07321332, meanwhile, will be tested in non-hospitalized, symptomatic adult participants who already have a confirmed diagnosis of SARSCoV-2 infection and are not at increased risk of progressing to severe illness, the company reported.”

So what might one be able to extrapolate about efficacy in hospitalized, serious cases? Or will this be mandated as a general prophylactic regimen to all citizens?

Ain’t effective if no-nothings win’t take it...
If it is a protease inhibitor it will only be effective when there is active virus and alot of it. I believe most of the bad outcomes in the hospital are a result of the immune system being out of whack for which this particular therapy would do nothing about. Stopping the virus while is it replicating and wreaking havoc could lead to less over active immune responses and less death. At least that is how I read it.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:52 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:44 pm The medical establishment world view of Ivermectin. Article appears in August Edition of Evidence Based Medicine. Reviews all known articles from all sources. Find two big problems: (1) articles claiming effectiveness have doses ~20 times that recommended for human use by FDA. (2) misleading clinical evidence based on a combination of bad methodology; contamination of studies with uncontrolled cointerventions (mixing with other drugs); high variability among all studies (basically results not being reproduceable).

The medical establishment are the bad guys. Like the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Big Pharma vaccine companies are in a conspiracy against plucky underdog Merck. Joe Rogan told me so.
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Big Pharma vaccine companies are in a conspiracy against plucky underdog Merck. Joe Rogan told me so.
Madoff got a raw deal!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”