Hartford

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Tdemling6

Hartford

Post by Tdemling6 »

Hartford head coach Ryan Martin has been suspended for the first regular-season game of the 2021 season, among other punishments as a result of self-reported NCAA violations.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/11/06/n ... iolations/
flyerfan17

Re: Hartford

Post by flyerfan17 »

Tdemling6 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:27 pm Hartford head coach Ryan Martin has been suspended for the first regular-season game of the 2021 season, among other punishments as a result of self-reported NCAA violations.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/11/06/n ... iolations/
Not great, where's compliance ?
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Hartford Athletics going all D3 by 2025
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:59 am Hartford Athletics going all D3 by 2025
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/spo ... s/2482655/
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This isn’t a surprise.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

They might as well just cut the program. Kids leaving all over the place, they’re not going to be able to recruit anymore because of all this. What a shame. Kid I coached will be a senior there this season and I’m devastated for him. These kids missed a season in 20, now dealing with this. What a shame.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:25 pm They might as well just cut the program. Kids leaving all over the place, they’re not going to be able to recruit anymore because of all this. What a shame. Kid I coached will be a senior there this season and I’m devastated for him. These kids missed a season in 20, now dealing with this. What a shame.
The interesting aspect of this situation is that many of the kids who chose to transfer did so to a D3 school. And I don't fault them for leaving, the administration treated its athletes poorly and I feel bad for those kids. But if they had decided en masse to stay, they probably could have had a pretty good experience right there at Hartford. Perhaps

And, obviously not for the kids who are/were there now, but when the dust settles, having another D3 program in Connecticut will be a favorable outcome. The state could use another D3 option.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Knowing about Hobarts compliance issues in the past it’s telling that the Ryan Martin issues including references to a turnstile in compliance. Managing that side is just not worth it for so many institutions.
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

I'm sure that more lax students will transfer out after this semester.
Players want to play!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

People know the rules when they sign up.
I'm just curious when there will be enough momentum for more of these schools to leave the NCAA.

The ONLY draw to NCAA membership at this point is the tournament. And having seen outside entities pull off much better, well-run, end-of-season "championship tournaments" before, I could see an NCAA exodus in the next 5 years.

Hell, D3 doesnt televise ANY of its NCAA games.
And D1's compliance juice isnt worth the squeeze for many of these bottom half teams.
Factor in the upper eschelon (in every sport) essentially calling the shots on tournament selection and television, why stay?
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

Sad to see this happen to Hartford...I always thought it was a great place for kids who needed a little more academic support...It was always nice to hear about guys figuring it out and going off to have success after playing there...Pete Lawrence built a proven winner and they just never got back to that level once he left...I can't imagine Martin is going to stick around much longer...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:55 am People know the rules when they sign up.
I'm just curious when there will be enough momentum for more of these schools to leave the NCAA.

The ONLY draw to NCAA membership at this point is the tournament. And having seen outside entities pull off much better, well-run, end-of-season "championship tournaments" before, I could see an NCAA exodus in the next 5 years.

Hell, D3 doesnt televise ANY of its NCAA games.
And D1's compliance juice isnt worth the squeeze for many of these bottom half teams.
Factor in the upper eschelon (in every sport) essentially calling the shots on tournament selection and television, why stay?
The NCAA is only designed to serve the largest 60-80 football schools. It keeps congress and other authorities out of their pockets. Once those peel off the NCAA is going to have to be more constituent friendly.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I forgot about this. Thought it was odd that they *still* hadn't published their schedule...

Hartford Men's Lacrosse to Withdraw from America East Competition this Season
The University of Hartford's Department of Athletics leadership, in collaboration with the men's lacrosse coaching staff, has made the difficult decision to withdraw the University of Hartford men's lacrosse team from America East Conference competition for this coming season.

"We are very disappointed that despite our best efforts to support our men's lacrosse program, we will not be able to provide a traditional competitive opportunity this year," said Dr. Sharon Beverly, Acting Vice President of Athletics and Recreation. "However, we remain absolutely committed to the student-athletes on the team, and to recruiting and planning for a strong future."

Coach Ryan Martin echoed that commitment during individual and group meetings with student-athletes, and said efforts to recruit a full roster will be intensified for next year. He and his staff have agreed to stay with the program, working full time with the current players to ensure that they are ready to take the field next season.

The team will continue to explore options to practice together and potentially scrimmage with other area colleges and programs. The team has been recognized for their impactful community service work, which will also continue this year. All scholarships will be honored.

"While the loss of this season for men's lacrosse is a disappointing setback, I'm confident we will return to competition next year," said Dr. Beverly. "Hartford Athletics has always been and will continue to be a strong and important aspect of the educational experience at the University of Hartford."
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

So they’re just not having a season?
lilax

Post by lilax »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:38 pm So they’re just not having a season?
They have something like 9 players still there.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”