University of Maryland Terrapins

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: University of Maryland Terrapins

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

hmmm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:06 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:38 am What is the deal with defenders transferring out from Terpville? Is this a common occurrence from years gone by, as well? Or is this common and “nothing to see here”?
Well the defense wasn't all that good last year and none of the defenders leaving were getting any time so the writing was kind of on the wall for them.
Is this common for this number of players to transfer out?
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:29 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:38 am What is the deal with defenders transferring out from Terpville? Is this a common occurrence from years gone by, as well? Or is this common and “nothing to see here”?
Well the defense wasn't all that good last year and none of the defenders leaving were getting any time so the writing was kind of on the wall for them.
Definitely not common. The last I remember something like this happening was the old Louisville squad that dismantled due to some accusations of neglect against their support staff. Not sure what’s going on in Terp country tho
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

laxstan8 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:48 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:29 am
Definitely not common. The last I remember something like this happening was the old Louisville squad that dismantled due to some accusations of neglect against their support staff. Not sure what’s going on in Terp country tho
I wouldn't be too concerned, the last couple of kids mentioned didn't play a minute last year and the portal can serve 2 purposes - one for the players who don't see a fit or opportunity and one for the coaches who don't see a fit/opportunity for said players, I am not saying that is the case here but food for thought.
OuttaNowhereWregget

NOBODY blows their own horn like this lot. No one even close. I wonder if they do it to remind themselves or others. And folks wonder why they get trolled and ragged on when they lose. It's not hard to figure out.

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:00 pm Image

NOBODY blows their own horn like this lot. No one even close. I wonder if they do it to remind themselves or others. And folks wonder why they get trolled and ragged on when they lose. It's not hard to figure out.

A lot of programs are blowing their horns. Sept 1 was yesterday, and recruiting the high school class of 2023 has started. Lots of aerial shots of campus/athletic facilities, players doing an Instagram takeover to show an average “day in the life” of a student athlete at that school, and displaying program achievements
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Are we supposed to be humble about being the royalty of lacrosse?

https://www.ncaa.com/video/lacrosse-wom ... s-lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is– Maryland is always boasting and boasting and boasting some more. They don’t let five days pass without reminding you of their 15 national titles yet again. They are insufferable. Nobody bangs their own gong like Maryland.
laxmom22

Post by laxmom22 »

Facts are facts!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:16 pm It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is– Maryland is always boasting and boasting and boasting some more. They don’t let five days pass without reminding you of their 15 national titles yet again. They are insufferable. Nobody bangs their own gong like Maryland.
I wouldn’t have known about this were it not for your grazing across the program’s healthy grasslands. They are recruiting, and letting kids know that lax players are campus royalty can be an allure to kids. What you describe as horn tooting is completely ordinary. Maybe see a therapist.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:16 pm It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is– Maryland is always boasting and boasting and boasting some more. They don’t let five days pass without reminding you of their 15 national titles yet again. They are insufferable. Nobody bangs their own gong like Maryland.
This made me laugh. So true.
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

I'll give it to ONW for that beauty of a post LOL. That tuba nearly sent me :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 pm
I wouldn’t have known about this were it not for your grazing across the program’s healthy grasslands. They are recruiting, and letting kids know that lax players are campus royalty can be an allure to kids. What you describe as horn tooting is completely ordinary. Maybe see a therapist.
As you can see, others on here share my sentiments when it comes to Maryland's constant crowing.

I skimmed the Twitter accounts of Northwestern, Syracuse, North Carolina and Boston College for the type of things they posted over the last months and none of them have any tweets even closely resembling this bragging-about-past-accomplishments tripe. I've been following teams on Twitter pretty closely for four years now and there is no comparison when it comes to Maryland's chronic self-praising. Not even close.

And why do you have to get personal? I'm criticizing a programs Twitter account and you recommend therapy??

Obviously you need yet another reminder:

"If you don't like reading people's opinions about lacrosse teams, players and coaches...you've come to the wrong forum."

--admin Re: Syracuse 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:54 am
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:18 pm A lot of programs are blowing their horns. Sept 1 was yesterday, and recruiting the high school class of 2023 has started. Lots of aerial shots of campus/athletic facilities, players doing an Instagram takeover to show an average “day in the life” of a student athlete at that school, and displaying program achievements
I've watched plenty of the takeovers and virtual campus tours you mention. But what Maryland does on their social media platforms regarding their past achievements is a different thing entirely.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxstan8 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 pm
This made me laugh. So true.
Thanks, laxstan.
OuttaNowhereWregget

moonwater21 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:21 pm I'll give it to ONW for that beauty of a post LOL. That tuba nearly sent me :lol:
Appreciate it, moonwater. Yeah--that tuba picture is a dilly. Stumbled across it years ago and saw it was a keeper.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxmom22 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:31 pm Facts are facts!
Facts about past accomplishments aren’t at issue here – boasting about them is. In our day-to-day interactions with people at work, or out and about doing errands or at family gatherings – who among us enjoys listening to others brag about their own accomplishments? Why should it be any different in the world of women’s lacrosse?
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 pm Maybe see a therapist.
Are you endorsing personal attacks to refute differing opinions? Because that’s exactly what you’re doing. You did the same thing to me when you didn’t like my use of the word stud, and now you’re at it again. Haven’t we been admonished to make opinions based on opinions, not post-ers—or do you need a reminder about that, as well?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 am
Are you endorsing personal attacks to refute differing opinions? Because that’s exactly what you’re doing. You did the same thing to me when you didn’t like my use of the word stud, and now you’re at it again. Haven’t we been admonished to make opinions based on opinions, not post-ers—or do you need a reminder about that, as well?
Try to relax. Your anti-Maryland bias is, for me anyway, tedious and juvenile. You have a legion of posts on this issue now, and poking back at you and your odd focus on it is completely fair game. I'm not even a Maryland supporter, but your constant, repeated inclination this way makes you a legitimate target for some criticism.
Bart

Post by Bart »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:11 am
laxmom22 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:31 pm Facts are facts!
Facts about past accomplishments aren’t at issue here – boasting about them is. In our day-to-day interactions with people at work, or out and about doing errands or at family gatherings – who among us enjoys listening to others brag about their own accomplishments? Why should it be any different in the world of women’s lacrosse?
IDK, 16 - 17 yo recruits looking for a college may be interested in listening to a team bragging about its past accomplishments? I highly doubt that the Instagram posts UMd is putting out there are for you, or me or anyone over the age of18 honestly.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 am
Try to relax. Your anti-Maryland bias is, for me anyway, tedious and juvenile. You have a legion of posts on this issue now, and poking back at you and your odd focus on it is completely fair game. I'm not even a Maryland supporter, but your constant, repeated inclination this way makes you a legitimate target for some criticism.
Maybe you should listen to your own advice. I’m not the one making personal attacks because I don’t like somebody’s opinion, or frequency thereof.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”