Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

Can you imagine the media hysterics if this had been one of Trump’s kids? They wouldn’t be able to breathe. Fanlax libs would be catatonic.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... aptop.html

“'The Russians have videos of me doing crazy f***ing sex!' Hunter Biden is seen in unearthed footage telling a prostitute that Russian drug dealers stole ANOTHER of his laptops for blackmail while he was close to overdosing in a Vegas hotel room”

American media won’t even cover this breaking news. A full on video of Hunter naked with a hooker telling her he and his dad are susceptible to being blackmailed. :lol: :lol:

No one thought joe would win, so I’ll cut the media some slack for ignoring all this last year. But to continue to ignore it is to invite mockery from the rest of the world, who rightfully laugh at our media. Yet Fanlax libs continue to post links. Too rich. Oh well.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

E9ACDF12-01A4-452C-9EFB-04DB3FF65F4A.jpeg
E9ACDF12-01A4-452C-9EFB-04DB3FF65F4A.jpeg (110.53 KiB) Viewed 780 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ch ... d=msedgntp

The Chicago PD appropriately turned their backs on the mayor. Maybe they should turn their backs on judicial system as well? Kill a cop or be involved in the killing of a cop... NBFD anymore, you receive a get out of jail free card. This use to be called a travesty of justice. With the new FLP defund the police culture in place this is now just a new way of doing business. DEPLORABLE... I thought even liberals were against straw man purchases? Hopefully, Mr Danzy winds up in an effing jail cell with no bail where he belongs.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Interesting that cops turn their back on the mayor but we did not see similar action in Washington on January 7 when tRump's evil words fomented a riot that killed cops. Double standards, much?

Cops need to do their job. But they need to do it the right way by obeying institutional standards. This is what they were doing in trying to protect the Capitol on 1/6. By contrast, Chicago police have a long history of corruption {recall my post viewtopic.php?p=207821#p207821} which has led to the needless deaths of innocents. Had Chicago police done their job the right wing there would not be the criticisms levelled at them by an aggrieved public. Interestingly, the mayor has actually stood up for the city police by condemning the defund movement and the street gangs. She was at the hospital to offer her condolences, not to condemn the cops. Where is the departmental praise due to her for her support of the cops?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:29 am So this just happened at my kids school which is just a few blocks away from my house. So folks don’t jump to really dumb conclusions, the principal is a short, stubby black lady who’s made and implemented this decision. Unfortunate because it’s considered one of the beat elementary schools in the city.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/parent ... KDOIkAfZe8
Yikes, what the heck???

It'd be interesting to know more about the rationale for this. Hard to imagine.

I could see a breakout from an American History or Social Studies class (in middle or high school) to discuss a specific topic regarding race, perhaps to enable a bit less restricted conversation, if there was a sense that some kids were holding their tongues in the mixed group, and then the return to a full discussion fully integrated, but that'd be very brief and highly intentional.

But separate classrooms by race? Huh?
It’s stupid and wrong no doubt but the “rationale” was that there was a limited amount of black kids at the school and some had special needs so they needed to be with two specific teachers. Special needs wasn’t described so could be her interpretation of their home environment vs something more quantifiable but either way you just don’t do it based on race.
Update on this story. The principal Ms Briscow screwed up on the segregating the couple of kids to specific teachers no doubt but...I’ve learned this woman is a piece of work. Here’s some concerns I hve such that I’m working to get her off the PTA:
- Husband is employed by school as a psychologist
- She (Kila Posey, her daughter is I kid you not Parker Posey but not the hottie indie queen I love) runs the after school care program which is separate from the entity that runs the clubs such as science and sports related as well as arts-we got an email Friday that shes caused a bunch of problems for that competing program and they dropped it for Mary Lin so our kids may not have those options this year.
- she asked about having a specific teacher for her kid (who’s in my class by the way so is she indicting my sons new teacher and if so that’s a problem for someone who gets their income solely through this specific school for their entire household)
-this is an off books special perq they give to faculty and their kids (even not educators at all just if you catch a paycheck there)
-she took it beyond local courts and aps after they got it and are working on it and then laid a fed complaint on top so she clearly wants more than performance

The school screwed up but in my homework this lady feeds off the school district and is lighting it and every other kids future up for what is clear as I’ve learned a lot more is about her pocketbook more than the kids teacher. And she’s on the PTA too with a title role. Not for much longer because all the parents have learned what ive shared plus more and she’s lost the local community completely. Definitely not a heroine.

Parents refute claims of segregation at Mary Lin Elementary School

Collin KelleyAugust 12, 2021
Parents at Mary Lin Elementary School in Candler Park are refuting a claim that classes were segregated based on race.

The allegation is now the subject of a U.S. Department of Education investigation into whether the school violated the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Parent Kila Posey filed a federal complaint alleging that Black second grade students were being separated from white students in different classrooms – a practice Posey said was instituted by Principal Sharyn Briscoe. Both Posey and Briscoe are Black.

According to the complaint, Posey discovered the practice after she tried to have her second grader moved to a different classroom with a teacher she thought would be a better fit for her daughter.

Posey said in an interview with WSB-TV that Briscoe told her it wouldn’t be possible to move her daughter because it wasn’t “one of the Black classes.” Posey said she was unwilling to go along with the “illegal and unethical practice,” and also submitted audio recordings of conversations with administrators about the issue.

Posey complained to Atlanta Public Schools, but was unsatisfied with the outcome. In a media statement APS said: “APS does not condone assigning students to classrooms based solely on race. When we learned of allegations of this conduct occurring during virtual instruction at Mary Lin Elementary School in August 2020, the district conducted a review and took immediate and appropriate action at that time to resolve the issue.”

Posey said she has been an educator for 17 years and operates a business that provides after-school activities at the school. Her husband is a school psychologist at Mary Lin. Posey said both she and her husband have “suffered retaliatory acts” after making the allegation.

However, other Black parents at Mary Lin have refuted Posey’s claim of segregated classrooms.

“It did not happen,” parent Stacee White told Atlanta Intown. “My children were never separated into a ‘Black class.’ You can look at the yearbook and see that there are no all Black classes at Mary Lin.”

White said she was “bewildered” by Posey’s allegations, and was upset that a false narrative of segregation was being pushed to the media. White said she pulled her kids from a private school just so they could attend Mary Lin. She said her children have thrived at the school earning all As.

“I believe trying this case in the media causes harm to the students and the community,” White said. “It’s unfortunate and unfair.”

Parent Rian Smith agreed with White. “I’m in shock. The allegations that there are Black classes can simply be disproved by looking at a school yearbook,” Smith said. “It’s factually inaccurate.”

Smith said there might be an appearance of segregation simply by the fact that there is a small number of Black students at Mary Lin, but her children were never segregated based on their race.

According to data from the Georgia Department of Education, Mary Lin has 599 students in grades kindergarten through fifth, with 60 of those being Black. The second grade class has 98 students, 12 of whom are Black.

Smith had nothing but praise for Principal Briscoe.

“I think Ms. Briscoe is wonderful,” Smith said. “She has a gift for remembering and knowing all the students and parents at the school and she always has the best interest of the children in mind.”

Social media posts and Facebook groups created by Mary Lin parents – both Black and white – have also dismissed the allegation and defended Briscoe.

Posey said she wanted to see the Mary Lin administration removed and replaced with new leadership.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Some chum for the know nothing crowd

Revealed: Biden's ethics exceptions
Lachlan Markay
Lachlan Markay
Illustration of a pattern of sixteen hands each holding a waiver.
Illustration: Aïda Amer/Axios
Top Biden officials have been excused from the ethics rules President Biden boasts about so they can do work involving large Wall Street banks, a leading defense contractor and prominent national media outlets, records show.

Driving the news: At least 16 Senate-confirmed officials have received waivers to ethics laws and regulations, according to an Axios review of their federal ethics paperwork.

Three were excused from portions of a widely publicized ethics pledge imposed by executive order on the day the president took office.
Thirteen got waivers to a federal regulation restricting work that could be perceived as a conflict of interest based on past professional relationships.
The details: NASA Administrator Bill Nelson was excused from rules that would have barred him from working with Lockheed Martin, for which he was a paid advisory board member.

Nelson assured ethics officials prior to his confirmation that he would only be participating in policy matters potentially affecting Lockheed, not any procurement or contracting decisions involving the company.
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen's waiver doesn't concern work with any specific company but permits her to oversee policy affecting large financial institutions — some of which paid her hefty speaking fees.

The language of Biden's ethics pledge excludes past paid speeches and media appearances from the kind of financial arrangements that would restrict appointees' work. Yellen sought the waiver, she told ethics officials, "out of an abundance of caution."
She also told officials she would seek additional written authorization for work specifically affecting companies that paid her speaking fees.
The big picture: The waivers show how some officials are balancing previous professional work with their current policy portfolios. Many cover past public sector gigs, as well.

Six of the waivers permit officials‚ including Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra of California and EPA Administrator Michael Regan of North Carolina — to work with the state governments where they previously held senior posts.
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack still draws payments directly from the agency he leads via a program that compensates landowners who agree not to farm environmentally sensitive land. The Iowan's waiver allows him to oversee that program.
CIA Ddrector William Burns is free to interact with the United Nations, where his wife works. Deputy secretary of Energy David Turk is allowed to work with the International Energy Agency, his former employer.
Four senior Biden officials got waivers allowing them to communicate with media outlets that paid or employed them or their spouses: Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, and senior State Department officials Wendy Sherman and Victoria Nuland.
Be smart: Most of the Biden administration ethics waivers are qualitatively distinct from those granted to top Trump officials, many of whom were permitted to work with companies and industries for which they'd just been lobbying.

Biden officials also have been largely forthcoming about the ethics carveouts they've sought.
Most of the waivers — including Yellen's and Nelson's — were flagged in pre-confirmation ethics paperwork.
Senators charged with reviewing and confirming the nominations were aware the officials would be seeking them.
What they're saying: "President Biden put in place the most stringent ethical standards of any administration in history," White House spokesperson Michael Gwin told Axios in an emailed statement.

"[H]e’s proud to have filled the senior ranks of his team with individuals who exceed those high standards and bring a wide range of experience — particularly in the public interest — that equip them to deliver for the American people.”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DA letting violent criminals just pass through the system. insanity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/an ... entnewsntp
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:38 pm DA letting violent criminals just pass through the system. insanity.
hoo boy, nothing like another anti-semitic trope post to make us all smile...or not.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:38 pm DA letting violent criminals just pass through the system. insanity.
I don't understand the Soros link. Because he funds a PAC (quite common among the "monied" class as well as the hoi polloi), those who receive disbursements from this PAC act as his agents? By that logic all recipients of PAC money (D or R) are suspect?

I personally feel that is the case as I believe in one person, one vote; corporations aren't citizens, and have zero rights afforded by the Constitution, never mind what that execrable toad Scalia thought.

Is that your position as well?

You think there is no room for improvement in our judicial system, specifically in the realm of sentencing? What, specifically, is your issue with this DA, beyond this clickbait article?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:05 pm
I don't understand the Soros link. Because he funds a PAC (quite common among the "monied" class as well as the hoi polloi), those who receive disbursements from this PAC act as his agents? By that logic all recipients of PAC money (D or R) are suspect?

I personally feel that is the case as I believe in one person, one vote; corporations aren't citizens, and have zero rights afforded by the Constitution, never mind what that execrable toad Scalia thought.

You think there is no room for improvement in our judicial system, specifically in the realm of sentencing? What, specifically, is your issue with this DA, beyond this clickbait article?
Same thing Bloomberg is doing with NYU grads......intentionally flooding small (and Big) towns with lawyers and the like that fit their ideology....b/c they have the cash.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:28 pm

Same thing Bloomberg is doing with NYU grads......intentionally flooding small (and Big) towns with lawyers and the like that fit their ideology....b/c they have the cash.
YA, do you have a source for the Bloomberg flooding comment?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:05 pm

This is not the article I originally read...but serves to your request. https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publicat ... ships.html
~Livy

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 pm

This is not the article I originally read...but serves to your request. https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publicat ... ships.html
I know that NYU Law has had a program for many years, under which a graduate would reduce the amount they owed for tuition for each year spent in public service. A friend's daughter is now one of the leading experts in the country on medicare and medicaid, having worked at a public interest clinic aimed at helping folks get through the arcane maze of benefits laws and medicare. She ended up paying no tuition at all for one of the top legal educations one can get. Her choice would have otherwise been Skadden, or Covington & Burling, or Alston & Bird or one of a hundred droning soulless big law, corporate America protection outfits. The value of these sorts of scholarships and tuition reimbursement and tuition canceling programs is actually incalculable, both to the kids and the society they end up serving for thee to six or more years. These jobs -- and "public interest is written and understood broadly -- are not exclusively what you would think of as "progressive;" they would include working for a group that advances the free exercise of religion.

It is true: the work ends up helping the poor and marginalized, because that is simply where the needs are, and where the cracks into which people have fallen lie. You should be applauding Bloomberg and NYU for providing an inducement for some of the very brightest kids in this country to do something other than have to pay back their loans by working to enrich the already fantastically rich. Bloomberg isn't doing something because "he has the cash." It's because Bloomberg understands that reallocating the cash is transformative on an individual and community-wide basis.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

But shame on them, apparently..."agents".
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Aka the McConnell strategy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:13 pm

I know that NYU Law has had a program for many years, under which a graduate would reduce the amount they owed for tuition for each year spent in public service. A friend's daughter is now one of the leading experts in the country on medicare and medicaid, having worked at a public interest clinic aimed at helping folks get through the arcane maze of benefits laws and medicare. She ended up paying no tuition at all for one of the top legal educations one can get. Her choice would have otherwise been Skadden, or Covington & Burling, or Alston & Bird or one of a hundred droning soulless big law, corporate America protection outfits. The value of these sorts of scholarships and tuition reimbursement and tuition canceling programs is actually incalculable, both to the kids and the society they end up serving for thee to six or more years. These jobs -- and "public interest is written and understood broadly -- are not exclusively what you would think of as "progressive;" they would include working for a group that advances the free exercise of religion.

It is true: the work ends up helping the poor and marginalized, because that is simply where the needs are, and where the cracks into which people have fallen lie. You should be applauding Bloomberg and NYU for providing an inducement for some of the very brightest kids in this country to do something other than have to pay back their loans by working to enrich the already fantastically rich. Bloomberg isn't doing something because "he has the cash." It's because Bloomberg understands that reallocating the cash is transformative on an individual and community-wide basis.
Generally agree except the more skeptical side of me believes there’s a strong desire to whitewash some parts of their legacy, perhaps more than the targeted deployment of philanthropic capital. Not sure on Bloomberg but so many like Robert Smith, Milken (successful), Soros (have had this discussion w MD it’s far from religion/culture based but rather that the guy did some dirt along the way in making his fortune he’s not
Ghandi so glad he’s giving it back the way he wants to but it’s owed in some ways-even the the BOE were morons and it was likely event anyway, if England had defaulted it would have been his actions that hurts many in a country. There various other things too. Nothing rising to Epstein, Boesky (Dennis Levine was the biggest POS in that scene) etc but like them all there was some brass knuckle tactics and pain inflected on the way up.

So cool when they give it back but while I’m mostly not made at their actions on the way up I also sort of expect them to give a lot as their “due and proper” to society to clear the slate. That’s just paying off a debt.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 pm

Generally agree except the more skeptical side of me believes there’s a strong desire to whitewash some parts of their legacy, perhaps more than the targeted deployment of philanthropic capital. Not sure on Bloomberg but so many like Robert Smith, Milken (successful), Soros (have had this discussion w MD it’s far from religion/culture based but rather that the guy did some dirt along the way in making his fortune he’s not
Ghandi so glad he’s giving it back the way he wants to but it’s owed in some ways-even the the BOE were morons and it was likely event anyway, if England had defaulted it would have been his actions that hurts many in a country. There various other things too. Nothing rising to Epstein, Boesky (Dennis Levine was the biggest POS in that scene) etc but like them all there was some brass knuckle tactics and pain inflected on the way up.

So cool when they give it back but while I’m mostly not made at their actions on the way up I also sort of expect them to give a lot as their “due and proper” to society to clear the slate. That’s just paying off a debt.
So maybe some new libraries, Carnegie-style?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:07 am

Always in favor of increasing public resources of learning to communities. Not sure that’s necessarily libraries, could be but not in their legacy form at least. But how about Warren buffet ev network cost to coast? Or Elon Musk rural brodband (5G) network? Marc Benioff west coast water dam?p
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:07 am

Always in favor of increasing public resources of learning to communities. Not sure that’s necessarily libraries, could be but not in their legacy form at least. But how about Warren buffet ev network cost to coast? Or Elon Musk rural brodband (5G) network? Marc Benioff west coast water dam?p
Here's the rub: why should these munificent "benefactors" have to extend their largesse to correct the systemic flaws in our economy that result in such needs? How about a better system that doesn't rely on noblesse oblige?

A certain segment of the population suffers from overweening pride and resents this "trickle down my leg" approach.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well I was responding to the situation in place. Soros, Koch, Kravis, Gates are all the same to me. Irony is corporate speech through money is being abused by the Soros’ as much as the Sheldon Adelsons and Rebecca Mercers of the world. Same w Thiel. Like politicians they act for their own benefit including the philanthropy. If you give them the ability to arbitrage information, legal or regulatory asymmetry they will and they’ll pay themselves first.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”