All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

MDlaxfan76

Re: Anti-Vaxxers, Anti-Maskers, and Ivermectin Nuts are Killing People

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:59 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:22 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:02 am The message?

(1) Get the COVID-19 vaccine.

(2) Wear a mask in accordance with CDC guidance.

(3) Do NOT take ivermectin for COVID-19, or for any reason without a physician’s prescription.

(4) Stop being ignorant and stupid—stop listening to right-wing media.

(5) Do the above and LIVE.

DocBarrister
:roll: OK genius... show us where anyone on this board has "promoted" or suggested anyone take IVM without a physician's prescription!

What I posted this morning is information found on the public NIH Library of Medicine site. It's not political and is obviously considered relevant or the NIH would not have posted it. You better let your buddy Fauci know right away so he can cancel it! :lol:
:D It's an opinion article by two people, not a study, it's not endorsed by anyone much less the FDA. And the FDA has explicitly warned against off-label usage and specifically said there's no evidence of appropriateness for Covid. In other words, "Don't prescribe it, docs"... Sheesh.

Yes, are are promoting ivermectin's usage when you try to pawn this stuff off as meaning more than it does.
Wrong. The IVM information on the NIH site is an abstract.

An abstract is a short statement about your paper designed to give the reader a complete, yet concise, understanding of your paper's research and findings.

Abstracts are designed to highlight key points from major sections of the paper and to explain what the paper includes. Effective abstracts provide sufficient details to expedite classifying the paper as relevant (or not) to readers' clinical work or research interests.

Opinion? :roll: This is not the NYT, it's the NIH. Also, I have never tried to pawn any stuff off "as meaning more than it does." Why do you lie about it? I post information I find relevant. If it upsets you, stop reading.
No, it is merely a review of past studies, none of which were on Covid. And indeed, here's the bottomline:

In vivo studies of animal models revealed a broad range of antiviral effects of ivermectin, however, clinical trials are necessary to appraise the potential efficacy of ivermectin in clinical setting.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:06 pm

(3) Do NOT take ivermectin for COVID-19, or for any reason without a physician’s prescription.

DocBarrister
:roll: OK genius... show us where anyone on this board has "promoted" or suggested anyone take IVM without a physician's prescription!

What I posted this morning is information found on the public NIH Library of Medicine site. It's not political and is obviously considered relevant or the NIH would not have posted it. You better let your buddy Fauci know right away so he can cancel it! :lol:
:D It's an opinion article by two people, not a study, it's not endorsed by anyone much less the FDA. And the FDA has explicitly warned against off-label usage and specifically said there's no evidence of appropriateness for Covid. In other words, "Don't prescribe it, docs"... Sheesh.

Yes, are are promoting ivermectin's usage when you try to pawn this stuff off as meaning more than it does.

An abstract is a short statement about your paper designed to give the reader a complete, yet concise, understanding of your paper's research and findings.

Abstracts are designed to highlight key points from major sections of the paper and to explain what the paper includes. Effective abstracts provide sufficient details to expedite classifying the paper as relevant (or not) to readers' clinical work or research interests.

Opinion? :roll: This is not the NYT, it's the NIH. Also, I have never tried to pawn any stuff off "as meaning more than it does." Why do you lie about it? I post information I find relevant. If it upsets you, stop reading.
No, it is merely a review of past studies, none of which were on Covid. And indeed, here's the bottomline:

In vivo studies of animal models revealed a broad range of antiviral effects of ivermectin, however, clinical trials are necessary to appraise the potential efficacy of ivermectin in clinical setting.
That is why the family sued, in order to gain access to it. Only than could the Docs give it out, which had been done before. Hence the family winning in a court of law. (Humans have been given it, in the past, for other conditions )

I think you are thinking of TV commercials for the "ask your Doctor" crowd, when it comes to the FDA song and dance.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

who are you talking to, rrr ?

yup, a court is forcing a hospital to administer a treatment it knows has no basis in evidence as working, simply because the folks are desperate and it's reasonably unlikely to kill the patient, who's quite possibly going to die one way or the other. Might as well give him Root Tonic.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Grifters gonna grift...

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... cases-were

"Florida’s Department of Health changed the way COVID-19 deaths are counted in the state as the delta variant was spreading, which led to an “artificial decline” in deaths.

The Miami Herald reported Monday that the state’s shift in how it reported deaths gave the appearance that the pandemic was declining, based on analysis of Florida data conducted by the newspaper along with el Nuevo Herald.

Until three weeks ago, according to the Herald, data collected by Florida and then posted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) tallied deaths by the date they were recorded, which is reportedly common practice for showing daily statistics in many states."

He really might be DeSatan.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DocBarrister

It is certainly not "opinion"... as usual, just silly on your part. I understand the "bottomline"...have so all along. My reason for posting is to show that the NIH, Fauci's own institution, is still providing research information re IVM/Covid. If you happened to scan down the page, you will find many other abstracts from other researchers, the sort of people you like to call "experts" when it's convenient.

Here's another:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32251768/

And before you post another dumb and/or snarky comment, I understand IVM is FDA approved for other reasons.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:35 am

DocBarrister

It is certainly not "opinion"... as usual, just silly on your part. I understand the "bottomline"...have so all along. My reason for posting is to show that the NIH, Fauci's own institution, is still providing research information re IVM/Covid. If you happened to scan down the page, you will find many other abstracts from other researchers, the sort of people you like to call "experts" when it's convenient.

Here's another:

And before you post another dumb and/or snarky comment, I understand IVM is FDA approved for other reasons.
... so why are all the folks proselytizing on the virtues of IVM claiming there is a conspiracy among the government and medical establishment to not consider IVM seriously?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Folks? Can you be a little bit, more, like, specific.

Meanwhile, are these numbers accurate?

We were told the vaxx works :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/08/31 ... ple-a-day/
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

No math wiz, but this doesn't seem like 95 %. ;)

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/mo ... s/2406851/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 am Folks? Can you be a little bit, more, like, specific.

Meanwhile, are these numbers accurate?

We were told the vaxx works :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/08/31 ... ple-a-day/
Paywall...

Meanwhile: 98% vaccination rate at Duke University. But they're reinstating double masks both indoors and outdoors. And yet, DEnmark is at >75% vaxed and lifting all restrictions. Duke=WokeAF :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So serious question.

The FDA has approved the current US Pfizer vaccine.

Did it extend the emergency authorization?

Curious as the emergency authorization removes liabiltiy on Pfizers part, right?

Just curious if people have recourse if they experience pfizer-related problems years from now.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:07 am So serious question.

Curious as the emergency authorization removes liabiltiy on Pfizers part, right?

Just curious if people have recourse if they experience pfizer-related problems years from now.
Didn’t you sign a waiver when you were vaccinated?
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What are the rates of infection? Vaccinated vs unvacinated?

I hear a lot of blame being put on the unvaccinated for the current infection rates, hospital cases etc. But I think it's important to remind the rest of my vaccinated compatriots, that many vaccinated are the silent, deadly spreaders and also ones who may think they are impervious to serious cases, so they indulge in higher risk activities, unwillinglyu spreading the disease to others.

Time for us vaccinated to do our part, stop being the silent spreaders and stay home.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Mask efficacy data. Large sample size.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... angladesh/

"The preprint paper, which tracked more than 340,000 adults across 600 villages in rural Bangladesh, is by far the largest randomized study on the effectiveness of masks at limiting the spread of coronavirus infections.

Its authors say this provides conclusive, real-world evidence for what laboratory work and other research already strongly suggest: mask-wearing can have a significant impact on limiting the spread of symptomatic covid-19, the disease caused by the virus.

“I think this should basically end any scientific debate about whether masks can be effective in combating covid at the population level,” Jason Abuluck, an economist at Yale who helped lead the study, said in an interview, calling it a “a nail in the coffin” of the arguments against masks.

The researchers estimate that among a group of Bangladeshi adults in the study that were encouraged to wear masks, mask-wearing increased by 28.8 percent after the intervention. When tracked, this group saw a 9.3 percent reduction in symptomatic covid-19 seroprevalence, meaning the virus was confirmed by bloodwork, as well as a further 11.9 percent reduction in covid-19 symptoms.

The study’s authors, a globe-spanning team that includes researchers from Yale, Stanford and the Bangladeshi nonprofit GreenVoice, emphasized that this did not mean masks were only 9.3 percent effective.

“I think a big error would be to read this study and to say, ‘Oh, masks can only prevent 10 percent of symptomatic infections,’ ” Abuluck said. The number would probably be several times higher if masking were universal, he said.

Advertisement
The study is under peer review with the journal Science. The authors granted journalists an early look at the results because of their potential importance in global public health debates.

Independent experts that were asked to look at the research praised its scale; some suggested that it might be the most convincing argument yet for mask-wearing.

“This is an incredibly challenging but important study to pull off,” said Megan L. Ranney, an emergency medicine physician and professor at Brown University who was not involved with this research. “Anti-mask people keep saying, ‘Where’s the randomized controlled trial?’ Well, here you go.”

“It’s not just modeling or looking back at studies,” said Lawrence Gostin, faculty director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University, who also was not involved. “This is the gold standard of scientific knowledge.”

Advertisement
The research is part of an ongoing project by Abuluck and his co-authors that looks not only at the efficacy of masking, but also public health methods for encouraging mask adoption among communities.

The team chose Bangladesh because co-author and Yale economist Mushfiq Mobarak was from the country and had worked there before, as well as increased options for funding.

The sheer scale of the project, which began in November and concluded in April 2021, is notable. About 178,000 Bangladeshi villagers were in an intervention group and encouraged to use masks. An additional 163,000 were in a control group, where no interventions were made.

The project assessed the levels of mask-wearing and physical distancing through direct observations from plain-clothed staff in the community at mosques, markets and other gathering places.

Advertisement
“This is a project that cannot be done by a handful of people,” Abuluck said. “This is why there are hundreds of people involved in this project. That’s why the paper has … I don’t even know how many co-authors it has. Dozens of co-authors.”

Mask-wearing had been mandated in Bangladesh since March 2020, though adoption remained limited. The researchers found that they were able to increase mask-wearing in the intervention group from 13 percent to 42 percent — an increase of 28.8 percent. The effect was observed and found to be consistent over 10 weeks and persisted after the interventions ended.

The group credited a “cocktail” of four interventions that helped substantially increase mask usage in the community: providing no-cost masks delivered door to door; offering information about the benefits of masks; reinforcement of mask-wearing; and endorsement of masks by trusted local leaders.

Advertisement
“It is a precise combination of things and a set of tasks that need to be done in an overlapping, integrated way,” Mobarak told Yale Insights in May.

When those behavioral findings were released earlier this year, they received a positive response from experts. But the findings about the effectiveness of masks may well have a far wider impact.

“I see no reason why the interaction between the mask and the virus will behave any differently in rural Bangladesh or rural Kansas or urban New York or San Francisco,” Gostin said. “The biology is the same.”

This study contains a trio of key observations, Ranney said: One, it offers even more evidence that masks work to shield the wearer and the community. Because the research team was only able to document cases in which people were symptomatic and were seropositive for the virus, Ranney agreed that results may be an underestimate.

Advertisement
“To me this is the minimum effect of mask-wearing in a community,” she said. “I would expect the real effect of masks is much higher, given the limitations of how they were able to measure covid in this study.”

Two, it indicates that better-quality masks offer superior protection. And three, the study shows how to motivate people in a community to wear masks, by making masks a social norm.

Gostin said the research also pushed back on the “pernicious” idea that masks were only for individual protection. “[Masking is] a population-based blanket that we have to get widespread adoption of,” he said.

The study does not quite claim to be the final word on masks. The authors found that while cloth masks clearly reduced symptoms, they “cannot reject” the idea that unlike surgical masks, they may have only a small effect on symptomatic coronavirus infections, and possibly none at all.

Abuluck emphasized, however, that research did not produce evidence that cloth masks are ineffective.

The results “don’t necessarily show that surgical masks are much, much better than cloth masks, but we find much clearer evidence of the effectiveness in surgical masks,” he said.

Abuluck also noted that the intervention group was found to practice more social distancing, which may complicate the findings on masks. However, he noted that in locations such as mosques, where many participants worshiped, there was “no physical distance,” along with poor indoor ventilation — but there was increased mask-wearing.

The authors plan to conduct more research, including an evaluation of how masks limited symptomatic spread — whether by decreasing the viral load so fewer people experience symptoms, or by preventing infections entirely.

Advertisement
But existing research could have a significant impact on future policy — and may raise questions about past policy, too.

In this research, “people were given masks and then told they were expected to wear them,” Ranney said. Something similar almost transpired in the United States. In April 2020, during the Trump administration, the Postal Service made plans to send five masks to every American household. But that strategy was abandoned.

“One of the things I wonder … if we had all been sent masks the same way” as participants in this study were, Ranney said, “would we have decreased the death toll from covid?”

MOST READ ASIA
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 am

Now the FDA has approved the vaccine. Will a waiver be given?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 am

Now the FDA has approved the vaccine. Will a waiver be given?
I don’t know. History has shown vaccines issue show up in first 3-6 weeks if not sooner but there are always exceptions. Of the 218.7 million Covid cases, 2% of the people have died. That should be more concerning to you.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:19 am

DocBarrister

Here's another:

... so why are all the folks proselytizing on the virtues of IVM claiming there is a conspiracy among the government and medical establishment to not consider IVM seriously?
:roll: As you know full well... because the "cancel crowd" (including people here on this board), crazed on partisan politics, want to discredit/ridicule anything that isn't mainstream and/or promoted/mandated by the Biden administration.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:43 am

DocBarrister

Here's another:

:roll: As you know full well... because the "cancel crowd" (including people here on this board), crazed on partisan politics, want to discredit/ridicule anything that isn't mainstream and/or promoted/mandated by the Biden administration.
Like this!
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DocBarrister

Here's another:

"Cancel crowd"? Hardly. The sh&t doesn't work. So, "smoke up, Johnny", just don't expect any medical care when you overdose. Don't really care what stupid shite you do, just stay in your house, away from society, and accept the consequences.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:13 pm Grifters gonna grift...

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... cases-were

"Florida’s Department of Health changed the way COVID-19 deaths are counted in the state as the delta variant was spreading, which led to an “artificial decline” in deaths.

The Miami Herald reported Monday that the state’s shift in how it reported deaths gave the appearance that the pandemic was declining, based on analysis of Florida data conducted by the newspaper along with el Nuevo Herald.

Until three weeks ago, according to the Herald, data collected by Florida and then posted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) tallied deaths by the date they were recorded, which is reportedly common practice for showing daily statistics in many states."

He really might be DeSatan.
Query: did Petey know in advance of this change?
Was that why he was so sure the numbers would be soon looking different?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:55 am

DocBarrister

Here's another:

"Cancel crowd"? Hardly. The sh&t doesn't work. So, "smoke up, Johnny", just don't expect any medical care when you overdose. Don't really care what stupid shite you do, just stay in your house, away from society, and accept the consequences.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions."
:roll: Tsk, tsk... so classy pizza. You sure come off as a hateful, miserable sod. I always believed people of true intelligence rise above that sort of affliction. Also, I have no idea whom you're quoting...

Return to “POLITICS”