Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by seacoaster »

More on the centerpiece of GOP thinking in 2021, from one of the chief apostles of the Moron:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1432448825868918785

This is what a GOP vote endorses and advances.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:33 am More on the centerpiece of GOP thinking in 2021, from one of the chief apostles of the Moron:

So what does a Democrat vote endorse and advance? You expend an enormous amount of energy criticizing the other side. You expend zero energy telling us what your FLP vision is for the country. Why is that Mr Coaster? How come you never post those very looooooooooong reads of yours telling us how great your side of the argument is? I already know the answer. The best form of defense is attack. The first 8 months of the Biden presidency speaks volumes as to just how stupid the democrat party is. No wonder your only defense is to rip on the republicans. When your party has given you nothing to be proud of, what else can you do? If you don't have a viable answer take Jen Sakes advice and circle back to it if you ever figure it out. :lol: You must be hoping and praying the Republicans nominate MDs girlfriend Mittens O' Romney for POTUS again. We all know what awesome candidates liberal/moderate republicans make. :lol:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:33 am More on the centerpiece of GOP thinking in 2021, from one of the chief apostles of the Moron:

what is "twitter" ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:30 am

what is "twitter" ?
OH.....we get it.

Many claim elections ARE, in fact rigged...nah, elections are racist. Well, limiting early voting, to 3 weeks instead of 4, certainly is racist.

SO, elections aren't rigged? yet, we can find much narrative to the contrary. posted by you. :lol:

which is it? the gop rigs, or attempts too rig, elections. Isn't there a nytimes article claiming the same?

just have principles.....that's all we ask.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 am

So what does a Democrat vote endorse and advance? You expend an enormous amount of energy criticizing the other side. You expend zero energy telling us what your FLP vision is for the country. Why is that Mr Coaster? How come you never post those very looooooooooong reads of yours telling us how great your side of the argument is? I already know the answer. The best form of defense is attack. The first 8 months of the Biden presidency speaks volumes as to just how stupid the democrat party is. No wonder your only defense is to rip on the republicans. When your party has given you nothing to be proud of, what else can you do? If you don't have a viable answer take Jen Sakes advice and circle back to it if you ever figure it out. :lol: You must be hoping and praying the Republicans nominate MDs girlfriend Mittens O' Romney for POTUS again. We all know what awesome candidates liberal/moderate republicans make. :lol:
I have posted many times here what I think my votes stand for, or at least what I'd like them to mean. You don't want a dialogue; this is clear from your posts over the past few months, which show a real, disappointing and kind of sad degradation of your willingness to talk to people. My party gives me enough to be proud of on its own imperfect merits. The other party is plainly anti-democratic, and no longer abides by the social contract that is the Constitution and laws. There is simply no comparison anymore; there used to be, but no longer. The people you heckle with Seventh Grade nicknames -- "Mittens" -- are actually the folks who still seem to care about a functioning democracy

My "looooooong" reads are articles that I am sharing. Certainly those articles have a point of view, and usually one that basically accords with my own.

I know in your heart that you are a good man, good husband, good father, good and faithful dog owner. Those things mean more to me than the palaver we are talking about here on these pages. But I won't engage in a faux conversation for the purpose of having you heckle me and slot me into a category of your own, incorrect making.

I am hoping that Trump is the banner carrier for the GOP in 2024. The GOP is like a drunk or opium addict that needs to really crater to either die, or come back to the living.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 am

I have posted many times here what I think my votes stand for, or at least what I'd like them to mean. You don't want a dialogue; this is clear from your posts over the past few months, which show a real, disappointing and kind of sad degradation of your willingness to talk to people. My party gives me enough to be proud of on its own imperfect merits. The other party is plainly anti-democratic, and no longer abides by the social contract that is the Constitution and laws. There is simply no comparison anymore; there used to be, but no longer. The people you heckle with Seventh Grade nicknames -- "Mittens" -- are actually the folks who still seem to care about a functioning democracy

My "looooooong" reads are articles that I am sharing. Certainly those articles have a point of view, and usually one that basically accords with my own.

I know in your heart that you are a good man, good husband, good father, good and faithful dog owner. Those things mean more to me than the palaver we are talking about here on these pages. But I won't engage in a faux conversation for the purpose of having you heckle me and slot me into a category of your own, incorrect making.

I am hoping that Trump is the banner carrier for the GOP in 2024. The GOP is like a drunk or opium addict that needs to really crater to either die, or come back to the living.
Something about "ignore function" and trolls, has been written by many, many (most ) on these pages. You partake?

stay principled. or keep projecting....either way, you ain't interested in no opinion but your own. prove it otherwize
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm guessing your party is hoping that Mittens O'Romney represents the republican party. You know your side will salivate at the prospect of running against a mittens clone. A wishy washy no core values moderate republican is what you Democrats would call room service up for and order for room service. Scarfing down a moderate republican cream puff is much easier on the Democrat digestive track. Any Republican that does not fit the bill for Democrats is nothing less than the devil incarnate. A cream puff goes down easier than any other dish the Republicans will serve up.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:56 am

I'm guessing your party is hoping that Mittens O'Romney represents the republican party. You know your side will salivate at the prospect of running against a mittens clone. A wishy washy no core values moderate republican is what you Democrats would call room service up for and order for room service. Scarfing down a moderate republican cream puff is much easier on the Democrat digestive track. Any Republican that does not fit the bill for Democrats is nothing less than the devil incarnate. A cream puff goes down easier than any other dish the Republicans will serve up.
Either you didn't bother to read my -- I think respectful -- reply, or you don't care. Either is fine. But it is disappointing that this is the baseline for "discussion." Adios.
DocBarrister

The Taliban in Texas

Post by DocBarrister »

Never mind the Taliban in Afghanistan. We have Taliban right here in Texas … otherwise known as the Texas Republican Party.

The new Republican anti-abortion bill allows private citizens to terrorize their neighbors by threatening to take their family members to court if the woman has an abortion. It allows private citizens, for example, to sue a woman’s husband if he drives her to an abortion clinic or provides money for the abortion.

In civil litigation, depositions are permitted. So, neighbors can depose both the husband and wife about the abortion. Heck, they could in theory even depose their children to help build their case against the husband.

The measure -- signed into law by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott in May and set to go into effect on Wednesday -- prohibits abortion providers from conducting abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. It would effectively outlaw at least 85% of the abortions sought in the state, according to opponents of the law, since that point is around six weeks into the pregnancy, before some women know they're pregnant.

The law was passed amid a slew of restrictions that were approved by GOP legislatures across the country this year, after the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett jerked the Supreme Court further to right and made it more likely that the court will scale back or reverse entirely Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that enshrined a constitutional right to an abortion before the fetus is viable.

But among those restrictions, the Texas bill stands out for the novel approach it takes in curtailing the procedure.

… Rather than imposing a criminal or regulatory punishment for those who conduct abortions after the point in the pregnancy, the state law created a so-called "private right of action" to enforce the restriction. Essentially, the legislature deputized private citizens to bring civil litigation -- with the threat of $10,000 or more in damages -- against providers or even anyone who helped a woman access an abortion after six weeks.

… Additionally, the law exposes to the civil damages anyone who "knowingly ... aids or abets" in the performance of abortion after the heartbeat is detected, even as it excludes from liability the woman who received the abortion.

The language is vague but has prompted fears that family members who drive patients to receive abortion or donors to abortion funds that help pay for the procedure will be vulnerable to civil litigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/politics ... index.html

In summary, the Republican Party of Texas (aka, the Texas Taliban) wants to impose their extremist religious ideology on everyone, using the threat of civil litigation.

Imagine your neighbors suing you because they think, mistakenly, that your wife got an abortion. Through civil litigation, they can serve written discovery requests and obtain copies of your financial records and your personal medical records. They can conduct depositions of your entire family to “prove” that the wife/mother had an abortion. (“Hi, Lisa, did your mommy ever tell you she was expecting a baby last year? Remember, Lisa, you can get in big trouble if you don’t tell us the truth. Look straight into the camera as you give your answer.”)

Can there be little doubt that the Republican Party is evolving into a racist, fascist organization that wants to impose a theocratic dictatorship on the United States?

Are they really that different from the Taliban?

DocBarrister :?
Last edited by DocBarrister on Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:34 pmEither you didn't bother to read my -- I think respectful -- reply, or you don't care. Either is fine. But it is disappointing that this is the baseline for "discussion." Adios.
If he bothered to actually READ just about ANY of the subject matter threads in this forum, he'd have an idea of what progressives want in policy...sensible gun control, a sensible approach to climate change and the environment (read: getting the world OFF the fossil fuel addiction), a quality, working social safety net, adequate and universal health care...and on and on. Uncle Cranky hates, hates, HATES being TOLD anything (like your typical Trump Base Voter), so mostly what he does around here anymore is bludgeon us with his victimhood and grievance. A lot like rank and file GOP voters across the country these days.

Looked into horse de-wormer yet, Cranky? :lol:

Come to think about it, i have not heard a PEEP out of Cranky for months (years?) about actual POLICY. Possibly because there really IS no policy to speak of on the right side of the aisle these days. All that has gone the way of the "moderate republican" that has now, evidently, degenerated into the generalized "cream puff republican" - type creature, whatever that is...? (Probably anyone left of the Orange Cheeto).

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Re: The Taliban in Texas

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:49 pm Never mind the Taliban in Afghanistan. We have Taliban right here in Texas … otherwise known as the Texas Republican Party.

The new Republican anti-abortion bill allows private citizens to terrorize their neighbors by threatening to take their family members to court if the woman has an abortion. It allows private citizens, for example, to sue a woman’s husband if he drives her to an abortion clinic or provides money for the abortion.

In civil litigation, depositions are permitted. So, neighbors can depose both the husband and wife about the abortion. Heck, they could in theory even depose their children to help build their case against the husband.

The measure -- signed into law by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott in May and set to go into effect on Wednesday -- prohibits abortion providers from conducting abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. It would effectively outlaw at least 85% of the abortions sought in the state, according to opponents of the law, since that point is around six weeks into the pregnancy, before some women know they're pregnant.

The law was passed amid a slew of restrictions that were approved by GOP legislatures across the country this year, after the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett jerked the Supreme Court further to right and made it more likely that the court will scale back or reverse entirely Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that enshrined a constitutional right to an abortion before the fetus is viable.

But among those restrictions, the Texas bill stands out for the novel approach it takes in curtailing the procedure.

… Rather than imposing a criminal or regulatory punishment for those who conduct abortions after the point in the pregnancy, the state law created a so-called "private right of action" to enforce the restriction. Essentially, the legislature deputized private citizens to bring civil litigation -- with the threat of $10,000 or more in damages -- against providers or even anyone who helped a woman access an abortion after six weeks.

… Additionally, the law exposes to the civil damages anyone who "knowingly ... aids or abets" in the performance of abortion after the heartbeat is detected, even as it excludes from liability the woman who received the abortion.

The language is vague but has prompted fears that family members who drive patients to receive abortion or donors to abortion funds that help pay for the procedure will be vulnerable to civil litigation.

In summary, the Republican Party of Texas (aka, the Texas Taliban) wants to impose their extremist religious ideology on everyone, using the threat of civil litigation.

Imagine your neighbors suing you because they think, mistakenly, that your wife got an abortion. Through civil litigation, they can serve written discovery requests and obtain copies of your financial records and your personal medical records. They can conduct depositions of your entire family to “prove” that the wife/mother had an abortion. (“Hi, Lisa, did your mommy ever tell you she was expecting a baby last year? Remember, Lisa, you can get in big trouble if you don’t tell us the truth.”)

Can there be little doubt that the Republican Party is evolving into a racist, fascist organization that wants to impose a theocratic dictatorship on the United States?

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Provide the actual bill, or just go away.

Us vs Them.

Is that what is taught at JFK school of public health.......to hate ?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:54 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:49 pm Never mind the Taliban in Afghanistan. We have Taliban right here in Texas … otherwise known as the Texas Republican Party.

Imagine your neighbors suing you because they think, mistakenly, that your wife got an abortion. Through civil litigation, they can serve written discovery requests and obtain copies of your financial records and your personal medical records. They can conduct depositions of your entire family to “prove” that the wife/mother had an abortion. (“Hi, Lisa, did your mommy ever tell you she was expecting a baby last year? Remember, Lisa, you can get in big trouble if you don’t tell us the truth. Look straight into the camera as you give your answer.”)

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Us vs Them.

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/SB8/id/2395961

Sec. 171.208. CIVIL LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OR AIDING OR
ABETTING VIOLATION. (a) Any person, other than an officer or
employee of a state or local governmental entity in this state, may
bring a civil action against any person who:
(1) performs or induces an abortion in violation of
this subchapter;
(2) knowingly engages in conduct that aids or abets
the performance or inducement of an abortion, including paying for
or reimbursing the costs of an abortion through insurance or
otherwise, if the abortion is performed or induced in violation of
this subchapter, regardless of whether the person knew or should
have known that the abortion would be performed or induced in
violation of this subchapter;

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:08 pm

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Us vs Them.

this subchapter;

DocBarrister
RRR is back with a vengeance.
Attacking and attacking...claims that others "hate"...

Favorite words and phrases "Stop it" and "lies"...ahh well.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Us vs Them.

this subchapter;

DocBarrister
Strange law.......glad Texas wastes its time with junk like this. Some comments mentioned the process, from a legal aspect.

Civil lawsuit? That's what has you all a flutter? What damages did a complete stranger incur from another stranger having an abortion.

Whatever, making a mountain out of a molehill. Too bad plenty of Democrats voted for this legislation. Pizzasnake said we must be involved, with change, or be quite.

You offering pro bono work for those being sued, civilally, in Texas? What is your issue? Abortion is still legal, yes?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:53 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:34 pmEither you didn't bother to read my -- I think respectful -- reply, or you don't care. Either is fine. But it is disappointing that this is the baseline for "discussion." Adios.
If he bothered to actually READ just about ANY of the subject matter threads in this forum, he'd have an idea of what progressives want in policy...sensible gun control, a sensible approach to climate change and the environment (read: getting the world OFF the fossil fuel addiction), a quality, working social safety net, adequate and universal health care...and on and on. Uncle Cranky hates, hates, HATES being TOLD anything (like your typical Trump Base Voter), so mostly what he does around here anymore is bludgeon us with his victimhood and grievance. A lot like rank and file GOP voters across the country these days.

Looked into horse de-wormer yet, Cranky? :lol:

Come to think about it, i have not heard a PEEP out of Cranky for months (years?) about actual POLICY. Possibly because there really IS no policy to speak of on the right side of the aisle these days. All that has gone the way of the "moderate republican" that has now, evidently, degenerated into the generalized "cream puff republican" - type creature, whatever that is...? (Probably anyone left of the Orange Cheeto).

Me, Romney, Murkowski, McCain (RIP), Hogan, Cassidy, Collins, Portman, Sasse (!), Kinzinger, Cheney(!) and 33 other GOP Reps who voted for the Jan 6 commission....anyone not a whack job, conspiracy mongering fascist apparently.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:29 pm

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Us vs Them.

this subchapter;

DocBarrister
Strange law.......glad Texas wastes its time with junk like this. Some comments mentioned the process, from a legal aspect.

Civil lawsuit? That's what has you all a flutter? What damages did a complete stranger incur from another stranger having an abortion.

Whatever, making a mountain out of a molehill. Too bad plenty of Democrats voted for this legislation. Pizzasnake said we must be involved, with change, or be quite.

You offering pro bono work for those being sued, civilally, in Texas? What is your issue? Abortion is still legal, yes?
How about you just apologize? Had you bothered to read it the original article linked, you'd have seen the link to the actual bill.
And no, just one Dem voted for it. All the rest voted against it.
https://legiscan.com/TX/rollcall/SB8/id/1039526

Ridiculously awful law.
Opens door for endless harassment, and does not allow defendant to recoup legal costs if winning.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Us vs Them.

this subchapter;

DocBarrister

How about you just apologize? Had you bothered to read it the original article linked, you'd have seen the link to the actual bill.

Ridiculously awful law.
Opens door for endless harassment, and does not allow defendant to recoup legal costs if winning.
Hillarious. Who do you think you are? Apologize for what?

you keep on butting into others discussion, and ALWAYS side with anyone but me.

hmm, why is that. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Stop it.

Such a lie.

Us vs Them.

this subchapter;

DocBarrister

Ridiculously awful law.
Hillarious. Who do you think you are? Apologize for what?

you keep on butting into others discussion, and ALWAYS side with anyone but me.

hmm, why is that. ;)
Because you acted like a jerk??

Look at what you wrote, you were out of bounds. IMO.

You want to have a private discussion with someone, PM them...but this is a public thread, there are no exclusive conversations here.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Out of bounds?

Calling fellow US citizens the "taliban" is NOT out of bounds ? (I have family in Texas ) _

You are a hostile antagonist......nothing more.

Seriously, who do you think you are?

I dare say, childish posts from your buddies like DOC, are always out of bounds.

In fact, YOU are out of bounds, saying I am out of bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Wtr8HMSnc
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:01 pm Out of bounds?

Calling fellow US citizens the "taliban" is NOT out of bounds ? (I have family in Texas ) _

You are a hostile antagonist......nothing more.

Seriously, who do you think you are?

I dare say, childish posts from your buddies like DOC, are always out of bounds.

In fact, YOU are out of bounds, saying I am out of bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Wtr8HMSnc
If that as your objection to doc's post, fine. He too tends to exaggerate.
Are your family Republicans who supported this bill?
Or are you simply defending the GOP in Texas for drill?

But your attacking response was way out there...indeed, you've had a slew of these attacking posts today, "lies" "stop it" etc.

And yeah, that's my opinion...out of bounds. I get it that you don't like that feedback.

who do I think I am?
Just a fellow poster who'd prefer the temperature go down a notch, not calling others liars...

Return to “POLITICS”