Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:39 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 am ... just as political as the people you criticize. Attributing motive to the "soldier's" actions ... You are a usual suspect from their perspective.
The ketchup kid was a gutless spineless coward that took a cowards way out. His crew members defended him. The other swift boat crew members had no such loyalty. They knew what a piece of chit Kerry was. Good thing for the ketchup kid that those P38 cuts to his fingers opening that can of beanie weenies was his ticket home. The average grunt never had that luxury. He got his ass shot up he was patched up and thrown back into circulation. I don't know if he will chime in here but OS is a decorated naval officer. I would love to find out what his opinion of the ketchup kid is.
You do realize you are arguing from a experiential position based in events that transpired nearly a century ago (your father's WW2 experience) and fifty years ago (Kerry and Vietnam). What, exactly do these severely limited anecdotal data points have to do with the matters at hand? As noted above, the "military" deployed in Afghanistan was expensive and ill-suited to the mission due to the preponderance of "contractors". For the life of me I cannot imagine a job more thoroughly "inherently governmental" than invading other countries and killing its citizens.
Kerry took the chicken chit way out his responsibility to the members of his crew. Cowardice is not something that transcends generations. Ketchup boy is an embarrassment IMO to every naval officer that ever served in the navy. Why didn't he ever disclose how he earned his purple hearts? He should have been proud of his wounds that earned him a ticket home. The reality is he did not want to tell the world what a coward be was.
Consistency, honor. Those are lifelong traits of people as well as your cowardice. I could in theory call you weak for not being able to hold to your word of leaving. A sign of weakness of souls, spirit and signal of someone who doesn’t have the discipline to represent the military today regardless of what happens way way long ago.

I’m not making that argument but one could...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:35 pm More irrational and irrelevant mumbo jumbo from you. One might think you'd have some respect for the 13 people we just lost and dial the BS rambling down a notch for a change.

Continued waste of bandwidth on this stuff does not contribute at all to any understanding of the issues being discussed. Give it a rest. Take a valium.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
My kids love Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:03 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 am ... just as political as the people you criticize. Attributing motive to the "soldier's" actions ... You are a usual suspect from their perspective.
The ketchup kid was a gutless spineless coward that took a cowards way out. His crew members defended him. The other swift boat crew members had no such loyalty. They knew what a piece of chit Kerry was. Good thing for the ketchup kid that those P38 cuts to his fingers opening that can of beanie weenies was his ticket home. The average grunt never had that luxury. He got his ass shot up he was patched up and thrown back into circulation. I don't know if he will chime in here but OS is a decorated naval officer. I would love to find out what his opinion of the ketchup kid is.
You do realize you are arguing from a experiential position based in events that transpired nearly a century ago (your father's WW2 experience) and fifty years ago (Kerry and Vietnam). What, exactly do these severely limited anecdotal data points have to do with the matters at hand? As noted above, the "military" deployed in Afghanistan was expensive and ill-suited to the mission due to the preponderance of "contractors". For the life of me I cannot imagine a job more thoroughly "inherently governmental" than invading other countries and killing its citizens.
Oh you and your dumbass college degree
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:18 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:35 pm More irrational and irrelevant mumbo jumbo from you. One might think you'd have some respect for the 13 people we just lost and dial the BS rambling down a notch for a change.

Continued waste of bandwidth on this stuff does not contribute at all to any understanding of the issues being discussed. Give it a rest. Take a valium.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I did not bring up the ketchup kid mumbo jumbo. Your boy Dr 72 excoriated me for being a hypocrite because I criticized him many years ago. Take your sniveling and whining over to Doc 72, he brought it up. If you want to defend the ketchup kid state your case. Why did he never release his medical records from his navy career and tell us about his traumatic battle wounds? Why, because the ketchup kid is a f***ing sniveling coward who took the cowards way out of Vietnam. He did so as a naval officer. I'm lucky, the officers I was led by never took the cowards way out. I will ask again.. why was ketchup boy afraid of providing transparency and sharing with his fellow Americans about the traumatic combat wounds that earned him a ticket back to the states? It ain't like he was ever going to be confused with JFK.
State the case for why we should treat your comments and existence here as anything more than a trope because it can be reduced to a very simple if disappointing few bullet points .
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:57 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:32 pm
holy sh!t... thanks for posting C&S
I remember on this forum the officer who broke security protocol and leaked the contents of trump's conversation with Ukrainian leader.. he was hero if memory serves me correctly. Why is that? He followed his conscience. This marine did the same thing and gave up his career. What did he do wrong? He pointed out what was painfully obvious, his superiors screwed up this mission. What do I read from the usual suspects on this forum? He just hated Biden. :roll:
... what a hypocrite you are. I remember a time when a fellow named John Kerry spoke his mind and people like you branded him a traitor, he said the war was a big mistake. Lots of other less well known soldiers called out the mistakes of the Vietnam war, the screws ups, the obviously bad assumptions of their leaders. Ruined some careers and some lives. Lots of soldiers in the Vietnam protest movement. If he gets too famous I suspect this fellow can expect a degree of swift boating of his own. It's America, what's not to love?
I criticized the ketchup kid because as naval officer he took the easy ride out of Vietnam because of his multiple purple hearts. The ketchup kid never disclosed what those wounds were that got his ass out of harms way. My dad died with the German schrapnel still in his back. He refused the purple heart because he saw first hand his fellow soldiers that were severely wounded. Oh by the way, those dog faced WW2 gi's did not get a free ride home when they were shot up. If your going to say stupid chit doc you should at least use your overblown ego to get your facts strait. I understand at your advanced age you misremember stuff like all the rest of us simple folk. I will repeat my criticism of the ketchup kid for your own confused memory. If ketchup boy used his purple hearts as his ticket home so he wouldn't get his ass shot off.. why would he refuse to disclose the nature of his wounds? You do understand another naval officer had take his place and risk getting his ass shot off. Ketchup boy took the easy ride back home. He was a naval officer and abandoned his own sailors so he could go back home and be safe and happy. Good for him...
Still dumb. Have a friend w 8 bullet holes as a captain in Iraq. He hates talking about or sharing any of it. Easy to understand if the brain is working why someone who may have some degree of PTSD wouldn’t want to share. Betrays your own claims of expertise based on service
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:52 am This is off topic within the topic but I don't know where else to put it.

I'm watching the local news this morning:

"Asked how Biden planned to follow up on his vow for retribution for Thursday's attack. White House press secretary Psaki responded, 'I think he made clear yesterday that he does not want them to live on the earth anymore.'"

This answer irritates me--not the gist of it but the construct. "he does not want them to live on the earth anymore". What a pretentious, contrived, stupid f*cking way to say it. The late George Carlin often talked about the silly, puffed-up trend toward soft language in this country--like "toilet paper" becoming "bathroom tissue". Finding ways to get away from simple, honest, direct language because the elitist intelligentsia found a "better" or "more enlightened" way to communicate it. Some of the motivation behind this trend is to avoid offense. Another motivation is certainly intellectual arrogance. Still another might be akin to why websites and computer operating software are constantly being "upgraded" or "redesigned" when in reality there was nothing wrong with them, only that perhaps companies need to give their creative team something to do to justify a paycheck or marketing came out with a new analytical report showing how these demographics are more likely to do this or that based on this color or this wording--whatever. That's what this construct smacks of. "does not want them to live on the earth anymore". So what, he'll put them in holding until science proves life is viable on Mars and they can live there? What a ridiculous way to say, "he's going to have them killed" or even a more colorful way to say it like, "he's going to vanish them from the planet". Anyway--just some simple, honest, direct language on some wording that irritated me this morning. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Might be off-topic, while the usual suspects are measuring belt sizes again, but I appreciate your point.

For some crazy reason your website/software comment made me think of Warren Buffets website. It's like a flashback to 1990s. The way a website is supposed to work: https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/ Well, except for the new link to the Berkshire Activewear site.
old salt

Post by old salt »

You're spot on. I made all those points about Lt Kerry on LP. The hypocrisy of the Vindmann admirers who criticize this Marine also struck me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 am
You're spot on. I made all those points about Lt Kerry on LP. The hypocrisy of the Vindmann admirers who criticize this Marine also struck me.
... another hypocrite lectures us. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:50 am
Another thin skinned FLP can't handle the truth... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:56 am
... I have no problem handling the TRUTH that you are an insecure hypocrite.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Carroll81 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:05 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:52 am This is off topic within the topic but I don't know where else to put it.

I'm watching the local news this morning:

"Asked how Biden planned to follow up on his vow for retribution for Thursday's attack. White House press secretary Psaki responded, 'I think he made clear yesterday that he does not want them to live on the earth anymore.'"

This answer irritates me--not the gist of it but the construct. "he does not want them to live on the earth anymore". What a pretentious, contrived, stupid f*cking way to say it. The late George Carlin often talked about the silly, puffed-up trend toward soft language in this country--like "toilet paper" becoming "bathroom tissue". Finding ways to get away from simple, honest, direct language because the elitist intelligentsia found a "better" or "more enlightened" way to communicate it. Some of the motivation behind this trend is to avoid offense. Another motivation is certainly intellectual arrogance. Still another might be akin to why websites and computer operating software are constantly being "upgraded" or "redesigned" when in reality there was nothing wrong with them, only that perhaps companies need to give their creative team something to do to justify a paycheck or marketing came out with a new analytical report showing how these demographics are more likely to do this or that based on this color or this wording--whatever. That's what this construct smacks of. "does not want them to live on the earth anymore". So what, he'll put them in holding until science proves life is viable on Mars and they can live there? What a ridiculous way to say, "he's going to have them killed" or even a more colorful way to say it like, "he's going to vanish them from the planet". Anyway--just some simple, honest, direct language on some wording that irritated me this morning. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Might be off-topic, while the usual suspects are measuring belt sizes again, but I appreciate your point.

For some crazy reason your website/software comment made me think of Warren Buffets website. It's like a flashback to 1990s. The way a website is supposed to work: https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/ Well, except for the new link to the Berkshire Activewear site.
From a great book by Nietzsche (Genealogy of the Morals) via a website except from book with some interpretation (first decent one in Google to rip from quick)

(https://www.google.com/amp/s/mcardwell0 ... ities/amp/)

Nietzsche begins by setting stating to find the origin of morality and he sets out by first looking for the origin of the word good. In the second section he chastises philosophers for “bungling” the origin of Good. He appears to quote someone when he voices the opinion of these philosophers.

Originally—so they decree—one approved unegoistic actions and called them good from the point of view of those to whom they were done, that is to say, those to whom they were useful; later one forgot how this approval originated and, simply because unegoistic actions were always habitually praised as good, one also felt them to be good—as if they were something good in themselves. (Nietzsche, 25)

Nietzsche reverses this theory by saying the “source of the concept “good” has been sought and established in the wrong place” (Nietzsche, 25). Nietzshce maintains it was a type of people, “the noble, powerful, high-stationed and high minded, who felt and established themselves and their actions as good, that is, of the first rain, in contradistinction to all the low” (Nietzshce, 26). This, according to Nietzshce, is called the “pathos of distance” (Nietzsche, 26). Where these people “seized the right to create values and to coin names for values” (Nietzsche, 26). This is the origin of Good in the “noble-caste” affirming itself and values that distinguishing it as the “good”. The Bad is understood as everything that is not affirmed by the “noble caste” “in contradistinction” that is everything associated with the “low, low-minded, common and plebian”. (Nietzsche, 26)

The way Nietzsche establishes what these values are for the good is a theory of etymology, which traces the word good in various languages. Nietzsche traces good “to the same conceptual transformation that everywhere

noble,” “aristocratic” in the social sense, is the basic concept from which “good” in the sense of “with aristocratic soul,” “noble,” “with a soul of a high order,” “with a privileged soul” necessarily developed: a development which always runs parallel with that other in which “common,” “Plebeian,” “low” are finally transformed into the concept “bad.”(Nietzsche, 28)

This is how Nietzsche justifies terming this morality in a social class context. The words he claims that are associated with good are a “noble” and “aristocratic” class and “bad” is found to be what is distinctly different and that is the “plebian” and lower classes.

The next development within this morality of “good and bad” comes in the priestly caste, which essentially makes distinctions like the nobles, but only different distinctions. They make distinctions of “pure” and “impure”, which comes from an “unsymbolic” meaning. That is a “pure one’ is from beginning merely a man who washes himself, who forbids himself certain foods that produce skin ailments, who does not sleep with the dirty women of the lower strata” (Nietzsche, 32). Nietzsche criticizes this as something unhealthy.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well only certain people think one set of experiences buys them a lifetime of bowing and veneer of virtue no matter what else they do in the entirety of their lives on this planet.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:12 am
Cant count on the word being honorable based simply on observation of behavior here.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:09 am
Cant count on the word being honorable based simply on observation of behavior here.
You wanna make a side by side comparison of my stupid mistakes and your stupid mistakes? I betcha your list is longer. I have apologized for one of my stupid mistakes.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:51 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:09 am
You wanna make a side by side comparison of my stupid mistakes and your stupid mistakes? I betcha your list is longer. I have apologized for one of my stupid mistakes.
A. Your apology was garbage, my kids do better after hurting each other.
B. Bring it. I’m still way ahead in the game of life and I don’t moralize dumb things like you do, it’s called critical thinking. But we can stack up our relationships, positive impact on others lives, superficial and quality accomplishments, where I’ve gone relative to my family in life or any other aspect and be confident.

What you don’t understand and never will based on your demonstrated inability to critically think is that living life means taking risks and making mistakes. It’s what makes our contributions to other human being more valuable on the whole not less. So I understand your limited mind framework for making such a moronic statement but it only further demonstrates my point. Over and over again like you can’t help yourself but out on a show like an unintentional clown.

In other words let’s line up mistakes and overall profiles and contributions, giving you a 20+ year head start to do such in life, and how is it your contributions and fulfillment in life is so much less if my mistakes are so relatively voluminous?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Quite correct. Not only throwing both under the bus but backing up same bus and running them over multiple times.

For the record, Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was relieved of command Friday afternoon "due to a loss of trust and confidence in his ability to command," Marine Corps spokesperson Major Jim Stenger in a statement.

UPDATE: The Lt. Col. went online again over the weekend to say that he has resigned his commission and forfeited all benefits for himself and his family. Looks like he's lost it and now going the full Flynn. Appears that he needs an intervention.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:53 pm
Quite correct. Not only throwing both under the bus but backing up same bus and running them over multiple times.

For the record, Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was relieved of command Friday afternoon "due to a loss of trust and confidence in his ability to command," Marine Corps spokesperson Major Jim Stenger in a statement. Scheller's response contained in this hypocritical beauty -
"There is a forum in which Marine leaders can address their disagreements with the chain of command, but it’s not social media.” - Too bad he ignored his own advice.
Why are we talking about a guy who hasn’t held a National
Office in a while and hasn’t been in a presidential discussion since 2004?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

For the record, Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was relieved of command Friday afternoon "due to a loss of trust and confidence in his ability to command," Marine Corps spokesperson Major Jim Stenger in a statement. Scheller's response contained in this hypocritical beauty -
"There is a forum in which Marine leaders can address their disagreements with the chain of command, but it’s not social media.” - Too bad he ignored his own advice.
Someone help me with my recollection.
Didn't Vindman testify truthfully as a direct witness under Congressional subpoenas, under oath?
Was not that his obligation?
Or did he take to social media to critique his chain of command?
Note, not as a direct witness to any specific decision or action, not under subpoena, but simply just an expression of his personal anger.

I don't take issue with the actual concerns expressed by this Marine Lt. Colonel and certainly not his right to have those feelings. Simply his choice of how to express them, time and place.
Note, not as a direct witness to any specific decision or action, not under subpoena, but simply just an expression of his personal anger. On social media...

Note, Kerry protested and testified to Congress after leaving service.
Have an objection? That's the way to do it.

The vitriol of the hard right wingers on here towards Kerry is laughably predictable; I didn't vote for the guy, found him far too full of himself, but I never doubted that he was a serious guy, studied on the issue at hand, believing he was doing the right thing...I also didn't like the way he'd lick his lips just before saying something 'diplomatic'...always seemed like a 'tell' that he either wasn't being wholly truthful or forthcoming. Sorta like people saying "To be honest,...". But the vitriol is simply stupid.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Didn't Vindman testify truthfully as a direct witness under Congressional subpoenas, under oath?
Note, not as a direct witness to any specific decision or action, not under subpoena, but simply just an expression of his personal anger.

I don't take issue with the actual concerns expressed by this Marine Lt. Colonel and certainly not his right to have those feelings. Simply his choice of how to express them, time and place.
Note, not as a direct witness to any specific decision or action, not under subpoena, but simply just an expression of his personal anger. On social media...

The vitriol of the hard right wingers on here towards Kerry is laughably predictable; I didn't vote for the guy, found him far too full of himself, but I never doubted that he was a serious guy, studied on the issue at hand, believing he was doing the right thing...I also didn't like the way he'd lick his lips just before saying something 'diplomatic'...always seemed like a 'tell' that he either wasn't being wholly truthful or forthcoming. Sorta like people saying "To be honest,...". But the vitriol is simply stupid.
To be honest, I kind of liked Kerry.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:37 pm

To be honest, I kind of liked Kerry.
:D

Return to “POLITICS”