Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by tech37 »

Kikin wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:19 am Disparaging CNN and the NY Times, well yes, I certainly am. No one watches CNN for real news, NO ONE. That's why the for all intents and purposes CNN has no audience. Cartoon network gets better ratings so I think consensus across the nation is in agreement with their utter lack of credibility. New York Times themselves acknowledges that they are a far left newspaper which does all of its "journalism" from a liberal left viewpoint. They are so far left they will not even allow dissenting ideas on their editorial page. They have had multiple staff members, who are left leaning themselves, quit because of bullying by the staff and its overseers to slant stories to fit their liberal ideology and obfuscate the truth.

Yes... see Bari Weiss for one.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:57 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:32 pm
holy sh!t... thanks for posting C&S
I remember on this forum the officer who broke security protocol and leaked the contents of trump's conversation with Ukrainian leader.. he was hero if memory serves me correctly. Why is that? He followed his conscience. This marine did the same thing and gave up his career. What did he do wrong? He pointed out what was painfully obvious, his superiors screwed up this mission. What do I read from the usual suspects on this forum? He just hated Biden. :roll:
... what a hypocrite you are. I remember a time when a fellow named John Kerry spoke his mind and people like you branded him a traitor, he said the war was a big mistake. Lots of other less well known soldiers called out the mistakes of the Vietnam war, the screws ups, the obviously bad assumptions of their leaders. Ruined some careers and some lives. Lots of soldiers in the Vietnam protest movement. If he gets too famous I suspect this fellow can expect a degree of swift boating of his own. It's America, what's not to love?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:57 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:32 pm
holy sh!t... thanks for posting C&S
I remember on this forum the officer who broke security protocol and leaked the contents of trump's conversation with Ukrainian leader.. he was hero if memory serves me correctly. Why is that? He followed his conscience. This marine did the same thing and gave up his career. What did he do wrong? He pointed out what was painfully obvious, his superiors screwed up this mission. What do I read from the usual suspects on this forum? He just hated Biden. :roll:
... what a hypocrite you are. I remember a time when a fellow named John Kerry spoke his mind and people like you branded him a traitor, he said the war was a big mistake. Lots of other less well known soldiers called out the mistakes of the Vietnam war, the screws ups, the obviously bad assumptions of their leaders. Ruined some careers and some lives. Lots of soldiers in the Vietnam protest movement. If he gets too famous I suspect this fellow can expect a degree of swift boating of his own. It's America, what's not to love?
I criticized the ketchup kid because as naval officer he took the easy ride out of Vietnam because of his multiple purple hearts. The ketchup kid never disclosed what those wounds were that got his ass out of harms way. My dad died with the German schrapnel still in his back. He refused the purple heart because he saw first hand his fellow soldiers that were severely wounded. Oh by the way, those dog faced WW2 gi's did not get a free ride home when they were shot up. If your going to say stupid chit doc you should at least use your overblown ego to get your facts strait. I understand at your advanced age you misremember stuff like all the rest of us simple folk. I will repeat my criticism of the ketchup kid for your own confused memory. If ketchup boy used his purple hearts as his ticket home so he wouldn't get his ass shot off.. why would he refuse to disclose the nature of his wounds? You do understand another naval officer had take his place and risk getting his ass shot off. Ketchup boy took the easy ride back home. He was a naval officer and abandoned his own sailors so he could go back home and be safe and happy. Good for him...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... just as political as the people you criticize. Attributing motive to the "soldier's" actions ... You are a usual suspect from their perspective.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm An interesting take on the problem in Afghanistan. The dependency on military contractors.
Another perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... SApp_Other

When I was in Afghanistan, private military contractors numbered almost 30,000. Some were engaged in protection tasks, but many more were responsible for training and mentoring Afghans who held positions of significant influence. They advised on intelligence, war-fighting, diplomacy, policing, you name it. Some of them were doing their best. Many more didn’t give a damn. Many were on six figures and had been for years. Afghanistan for them was a cash cow, a way of putting their kids through college (most were American) or paying off a mortgage. In sum, there were too many poorly qualified people working without accountability, getting paid far too much. If you want an answer to the question of why Afghanistan’s military crumbled in weeks, take a long hard look at their so-called mentors.

Corruption existed at every level. One afternoon I provided protection for a meeting between an Afghan air force lawyer and his US adviser. As I sweated into my body armour, they discussed an investigation relating to unauthorised travel on Afghan air force flights. In brief, the Taliban had been able to board flights reserved for Afghan soldiers and fly across the country with impunity. After several hours of back-and-forth on how best to proceed, the American eventually lost his cool and shouted: “You have to get rid of these [corrupt] people!” The Afghan lawyer calmly answered: “Would you like me to disband the entire Afghan air force?” The American had no answer to that. The west has had no answer to that for 20 years.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:09 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm An interesting take on the problem in Afghanistan. The dependency on military contractors.
Another perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... SApp_Other

When I was in Afghanistan, private military contractors numbered almost 30,000. Some were engaged in protection tasks, but many more were responsible for training and mentoring Afghans who held positions of significant influence. They advised on intelligence, war-fighting, diplomacy, policing, you name it. Some of them were doing their best. Many more didn’t give a damn. Many were on six figures and had been for years. Afghanistan for them was a cash cow, a way of putting their kids through college (most were American) or paying off a mortgage. In sum, there were too many poorly qualified people working without accountability, getting paid far too much. If you want an answer to the question of why Afghanistan’s military crumbled in weeks, take a long hard look at their so-called mentors.

Corruption existed at every level. One afternoon I provided protection for a meeting between an Afghan air force lawyer and his US adviser. As I sweated into my body armour, they discussed an investigation relating to unauthorised travel on Afghan air force flights. In brief, the Taliban had been able to board flights reserved for Afghan soldiers and fly across the country with impunity. After several hours of back-and-forth on how best to proceed, the American eventually lost his cool and shouted: “You have to get rid of these [corrupt] people!” The Afghan lawyer calmly answered: “Would you like me to disband the entire Afghan air force?” The American had no answer to that. The west has had no answer to that for 20 years.
This is the military the "professional" soldiers wanted. Really very far from what the founding fathers envisioned. Certainly different from that of the "Greatest Generation". War has to be taken out of the hands of the politicians and the professional military. Both have too much incentive to keep these things going. The American people in toto need to feel pain when we are involved in a war. The profit has to be taken out of it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 am ... just as political as the people you criticize. Attributing motive to the "soldier's" actions ... You are a usual suspect from their perspective.
The ketchup kid was a gutless spineless coward that took a cowards way out. His crew members defended him. The other swift boat crew members had no such loyalty. They knew what a piece of chit Kerry was. Good thing for the ketchup kid that those P38 cuts to his fingers opening that can of beanie weenies was his ticket home. The average grunt never had that luxury. He got his ass shot up he was patched up and thrown back into circulation. I don't know if he will chime in here but OS is a decorated naval officer. I would love to find out what his opinion of the ketchup kid is.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 am ... just as political as the people you criticize. Attributing motive to the "soldier's" actions ... You are a usual suspect from their perspective.
The ketchup kid was a gutless spineless coward that took a cowards way out. His crew members defended him. The other swift boat crew members had no such loyalty. They knew what a piece of chit Kerry was. Good thing for the ketchup kid that those P38 cuts to his fingers opening that can of beanie weenies was his ticket home. The average grunt never had that luxury. He got his ass shot up he was patched up and thrown back into circulation. I don't know if he will chime in here but OS is a decorated naval officer. I would love to find out what his opinion of the ketchup kid is.
You do realize you are arguing from a experiential position based in events that transpired nearly a century ago (your father's WW2 experience) and fifty years ago (Kerry and Vietnam). What, exactly do these severely limited anecdotal data points have to do with the matters at hand? As noted above, the "military" deployed in Afghanistan was expensive and ill-suited to the mission due to the preponderance of "contractors". For the life of me I cannot imagine a job more thoroughly "inherently governmental" than invading other countries and killing its citizens.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:03 pm
You do realize you are arguing from a experiential position based in events that transpired nearly a century ago (your father's WW2 experience) and fifty years ago (Kerry and Vietnam). What, exactly do these severely limited anecdotal data points have to do with the matters at hand? As noted above, the "military" deployed in Afghanistan was expensive and ill-suited to the mission due to the preponderance of "contractors". For the life of me I cannot imagine a job more thoroughly "inherently governmental" than invading other countries and killing its citizens.
Kerry took the chicken chit way out his responsibility to the members of his crew. Cowardice is not something that transcends generations. Ketchup boy is an embarrassment IMO to every naval officer that ever served in the navy. Why didn't he ever disclose how he earned his purple hearts? He should have been proud of his wounds that earned him a ticket home. The reality is he did not want to tell the world what a coward be was.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Kerry took the chicken chit way out his responsibility to the members of his crew. Cowardice is not something that transcends generations. Ketchup boy is an embarrassment IMO to every naval officer that ever served in the navy. Why didn't he ever disclose how he earned his purple hearts? He should have been proud of his wounds that earned him a ticket home. The reality is he did not want to tell the world what a coward be was.
Bone spurs?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:45 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Bone spurs?
Nope.. P38 mishap. They don't give out purple hearts for bone spurs. Hey, the ketchup kid probably had that for a back up plan.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

More irrational and irrelevant mumbo jumbo from you. One might think you'd have some respect for the 13 people we just lost and dial the BS rambling down a notch for a change.

Continued waste of bandwidth on this stuff does not contribute at all to any understanding of the issues being discussed. Give it a rest. Take a valium.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:35 pm More irrational and irrelevant mumbo jumbo from you. One might think you'd have some respect for the 13 people we just lost and dial the BS rambling down a notch for a change.

Continued waste of bandwidth on this stuff does not contribute at all to any understanding of the issues being discussed. Give it a rest. Take a valium.

I did not bring up the ketchup kid mumbo jumbo. Your boy Dr 72 excoriated me for being a hypocrite because I criticized him many years ago. Take your sniveling and whining over to Doc 72, he brought it up. If you want to defend the ketchup kid state your case. Why did he never release his medical records from his navy career and tell us about his traumatic battle wounds? Why, because the ketchup kid is a f***ing sniveling coward who took the cowards way out of Vietnam. He did so as a naval officer. I'm lucky, the officers I was led by never took the cowards way out. I will ask again.. why was ketchup boy afraid of providing transparency and sharing with his fellow Americans about the traumatic combat wounds that earned him a ticket back to the states? It ain't like he was ever going to be confused with JFK.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:35 pm More irrational and irrelevant mumbo jumbo from you. One might think you'd have some respect for the 13 people we just lost and dial the BS rambling down a notch for a change.

To whom are you speaking?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:35 pm is
More irrational and irrelevant mumbo jumbo from you. One might think you'd have some respect for the 13 people we just lost and dial the BS rambling down a notch for a change.

Your boy 72 brought it up. Go talk to him about it. There is not enough valium in the world to numb the FLP ignorance that is regurgitated on this forum every day. I thought you FLP folks were suppose to be so intelligent. You all do a remarkable job of hiding it. :lol:
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Thankfully, not you but rather to the blithering bozo (AKA Mr. Dien Bien Phu) that continues to irrationally rant about nothing important in this thread. Stupid is as stupid does per Mrs. Gump.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:37 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Thankfully, not you but rather to the blithering bozo (AKA Mr. Dien Bien Phu) that continues to irrationally rant about nothing important in this thread. Stupid is as stupid does per Mrs. Gump.
Sorry you are too ignorant to remember the past. The French have never forgotten the humiliation they suffered from their defeat at Dien Bien Phu. Why would i ever expect an ignorant dumbass FLP to be able to grasp a very simple concept of learning a lesson from defeat? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carry on with your chemistry set professor proton.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:29 pm Sorry you are too ignorant to remember the past. The French have never forgotten the humiliation they suffered from their defeat at Dien Bien Phu. Why would i ever expect an ignorant dumbass FLP to be able to grasp a very simple concept of learning a lesson from defeat? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll give you this, you demonstrate daily here what a DUMBASS is. In fact, you appear to be an EXPERT DUMBASS.
Congratulations.
Just STFU, please. :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe try needlepoint.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:29 pm Sorry you are too ignorant to remember the past. The French have never forgotten the humiliation they suffered from their defeat at Dien Bien Phu. Why would i ever expect an ignorant dumbass FLP to be able to grasp a very simple concept of learning a lesson from defeat? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll give you this, you demonstrate daily here what a DUMBASS is. In fact, you appear to be an EXPERT DUMBASS.
Congratulations.
Just STFU, please. :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe try needlepoint.
Why don't you try chemistry, I have heard it is very relaxing for people. Needle point is out of the question for me, it involves semi sharp objects. If I do learn I will needlepoint you the strait jacket you very much deserve... I will incorporate a couple of extra snaps on it just for you. What color do you like? :D FTR, if you want to insult me can't you do something better than DUMBASS and EXPERT DUMBASS. You already have those titles nailed down solid... :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: I'm guessing you don't like to share.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Stupid. Ketchup kid. Talk about respect and then have little for anyone else unless it fits you’re eye of a needle narrow worldview that resides five decades back.

I’ve got friends w Purple Hearts and know a guy who finished 2nd to last at USMA and habitually date raped blacked out girls. I don’t care what arrived you performed a long time ago you are a citizen and one with an anachronistic worldview. Probably trash John McCain too.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”