All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

lagerhead

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by lagerhead »

:!:
ggait wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:41 pm
It’s a cluster. Hoboken having outdoor festivals requiring vaccine cards. Met life no masks no vax mandates for giants and jests games. What I don’t like is DC, states and cities strongly suggesting businesses implement and enforce vax mandates. Is your status going to have to be updated every 8-12 months with a booster? I won’t ever use a third party app to verify any private or confidential health records, no QR code’s for me. And yes tracking where you’ve been with a QR code is a problem.
It really is pretty simple. You're just doing the lame parade of horribles smoke blowing. It is just dumb to ever let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Bars still card people even though some kids have fake IDs. It still works pretty well.

Sure some mouth-breathers will pay $250 to get a fake vax card. But many will just get the free shot instead. Or they can just stay home and watch Fox News. Which is fine with me.

I mean it isn't like I would really miss any of the mouth-breather dumb asses if they were eliminated from the places I get into with my vax card.
Looks like your vaccine efficacy has expired, better get another shot.
Peace out.
ggait

Post by ggait »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:46 pm I bet if you need one to vote, well, then, all hell would break loose. :o ;)
Do they hand out photo ID cards for free on demand at every Walmart, Walgreens, Safeway etc.?

If so, I'm fine with that being required to vote.

;)
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peace out.
Such weasel, BS, gas-lighting.

The problem isn't vaxed people whose immunity is maybe down 15-30%.

The problem is the mouth breathers who refuse the first shot.

We're off to Hawaii for a vacation soon. HI is basically off limits to any traveler without a vax or a bunch of negative tests. That's good for HI natives, good for HI businesses and economy, good for HI schools, and good for the travelers to HI. Mouth breathers can exercise "muh ruy-iots" by staying home.

Works for me. Aloha!!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ggait wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:53 pm
... we are not too concerned. Both in good health even considering age. I am more concerned that we should probably stay away from our 4 month old granddaughter for the next few days.
I wish they'd come up with a different term for "breakthrough infections."

Since a vaccinated person testing positive for the virus almost never means you get serious Covid disease. Seems like almost all NY Yankees and US Senators have "gotten Covid" and none have turned out badly. But you are wise to steer clear of the kids.

Which, of course, is why we need fully vaxed teachers and masks in schools. There's 48 million kids under 12 in the USA. The single largest demo of unvaxed (through no fault of their own).

If you are not backing shots and masks, you just don't give a shirt about killing kids. It is just that simple. Muh ruy-iots my ass.
Here’s hoping all the teachers and teacher’s unions comply.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Alabama poison center calls double for Ivermectin during the first 8 months of 2021, over 2020 . 6 calls in 2019, 12 in 2020 and 24 so far in 2021. Small numbers but a clear trend.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

ggait wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:56 pm
Peace out.
Such weasel, BS, gas-lighting.

The problem isn't vaxed people whose immunity is maybe down 15-30%.

The problem is the mouth breathers who refuse the first shot.

We're off to Hawaii for a vacation soon. HI is basically off limits to any traveler without a vax or a bunch of negative tests. That's good for HI natives, good for HI businesses and economy, good for HI schools, and good for the travelers to HI. Mouth breathers can exercise "muh ruy-iots" by staying home.

Works for me. Aloha!!
Really not difficult to get one test at CVS Healthonly 72 hours before departure, so really not that hard.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 am Alabama poison center calls double for Ivermectin during the first 8 months of 2021, over 2020 . 6 calls in 2019, 12 in 2020 and 24 so far in 2021. Small numbers but a clear trend.
somebody's taking it...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 am Alabama poison center calls double for Ivermectin during the first 8 months of 2021, over 2020 . 6 calls in 2019, 12 in 2020 and 24 so far in 2021. Small numbers but a clear trend.
Roots Tonic works just as well :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:19 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:53 pm
... we are not too concerned. Both in good health even considering age. I am more concerned that we should probably stay away from our 4 month old granddaughter for the next few days.
I wish they'd come up with a different term for "breakthrough infections."

Since a vaccinated person testing positive for the virus almost never means you get serious Covid disease. Seems like almost all NY Yankees and US Senators have "gotten Covid" and none have turned out badly. But you are wise to steer clear of the kids.

Which, of course, is why we need fully vaxed teachers and masks in schools. There's 48 million kids under 12 in the USA. The single largest demo of unvaxed (through no fault of their own).

If you are not backing shots and masks, you just don't give a shirt about killing kids. It is just that simple. Muh ruy-iots my ass.
Here’s hoping all the teachers and teacher’s unions comply.
The union leaders are supporting mandates, but not all of their members do, much like the general populace. Dumb.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Well sure... if proper protocols aren't followed, there's sure to be bad outcomes. Next time you have a headache 72, take half the bottle of aspirin and see how you do. These alleged rubes are probably taking as much as they'd give to a horse for other ailments.

Also, IVM for Covid is not to be taken on an empty stomach as it is for River Blindness and/or other parasitic diseases. Something about the molecular uptake reacting with fat when used as an anti-viral.

This is just another misleading article written by people with an agenda, most likely political.

IVM is a proven safe drug in humans when utilized properly, based upon decades of usage.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 am
Well sure... if proper protocols aren't followed, there's sure to be bad outcomes. Next time you have a headache 72, take half the bottle of aspirin and see how you do. These alleged rubes are probably taking as much as they'd give to a horse for other ailments.

Also, IVM for Covid is not to be taken on an empty stomach as it is for River Blindness and/or other parasitic diseases. Something about the molecular uptake reacting with fat when used as an anti-viral.

This is just another misleading article written by people with an agenda, most likely political.

IVM is a proven safe drug in humans when utilized properly, based upon decades of usage.
So is roots tonic.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

This works.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The Bills are infringing upon players’ rights!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/320 ... violations
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Really not difficult to get one test at CVS Healthonly 72 hours before departure, so really not that hard.
Great. So I'm going to be asking you for a recent negative test as an entry requirement for every bar, restaurant, indoor arena, airplane you want to go into?

I'm fine with taking that instead of vax proof. Are you?

Not a problem with "muh ruy-iots" because you're free to vax, test or stay home.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:07 pm
Great. So I'm going to be asking you for a recent negative test as an entry requirement for every bar, restaurant, indoor arena, airplane you want to go into?

I'm fine with taking that instead of vax proof. Are you?

Not a problem with "muh ruy-iots" because you're free to vax, test or stay home.
I never mentioned tests you did as a requirement to go to HI. Nope not staying home don't have to.
Airlines, indoor arenas, Broadway sure i'm fine with that. No restaurants or bars that i frequent, indoors since they have reopened have asked for any proof of status, sometimes masking until seated. Was out in NYC last night was prepared to be turned away but they didn't ask for a vacc status.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Giving Floriduh a run for its money...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sturgis-r ... looks-like

"In western South Dakota’s Meade County, more than one in three COVID-19 tests are currently returning positive, and over the last three weeks, seven-day average case counts have increased by 3,400 percent. This exponential growth in cases is likely attributable to the 81st Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which drew an estimated half a million visitors to Meade County and its environs from Aug. 6 through 15, potentially acting as a superspreader event." A little pet peeve -- which exponent are they speaking of? All numbers have an exponent. Now, say an exponent of 10 or higher and you're talking serious.

Remind me again why those idiots get two Senators, with an effective representation ratio of 1:~450K? Talk about an over-sized moronic voice. Really need to rethink that and the "freeze" on the House of Reps number at 435. There is no way people in sparsely populated are due so much more representation, proportionally speaking. Oh, and since the number of electors matches the reps, the electotral college is BS as well. Talk about tyranny of the left-handed asymptote jockeys...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The Delta Blues is at least pushing up the vax rates/percentages, but the trailing states are still way behind where they should be, and will possibly drag the rest of us down. The South is a storm anchor when we need more steerage way:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... delta.html

"After weeks of stagnation, the United States vaccination campaign has had a relatively successful month, with vaccine uptake rising from early-summer lows in every state in the country.

The upswing in vaccinations has come alongside an extended, and much more pronounced, increase in coronavirus cases, hospitalizations and deaths in the United States over the past two months. Public health officials say that in their communities, residents have been driven to get the vaccine by worries that the more-transmissible Delta variant might make them, or their loved ones, sick.

“The reason why we’ve seen the marked increase in demand is fear, it’s the Delta variant,” said Robert Ator, the retired National Guard colonel who runs Arkansas’ vaccination effort.

The increase in vaccinations has been especially pronounced in states where immunization levels were (and remain) below the national average of 61 percent. Many of those states have felt the effects of the Delta-led fourth wave most acutely.

[Graphic I cannot reproduce here]

Public health officials said that some areas with lower vaccine coverage, especially rural ones, just hadn’t been severely affected by the virus until the Delta surge.

“Some communities are seeing Covid close up now,” said Dr. Mandy Cohen, the secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. “They’ve seen it on the news, but that’s not the same as seeing it close up.”

That proximity is driving behavior change across the country.

“The virus is coming to visit these communities and they are starting to feel the pinch,” said Colonel Ator. “When they start seeing their friends and families being affected by this, then it becomes a reality.”

States that have seen larger increases in new cases since their early-summer nadirs, such as Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi, tend to be those with bigger increases in new vaccinations.

[Graphic I cannot reproduce here]

Some of the recent rise in immunizations is due to teens and tweens who are heading back to school, but the bulk of the increase is from working-age Americans, public health officials say and data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms.

And while new vaccinations may be flattening now overall in the U.S., health officials do not expect them to return to previous lows any time soon, especially after the Food and Drug Administration granted full approval to the Pfizer vaccine on Monday. That move is likely to spur new vaccinations, in ways both direct — 31 percent of unvaccinated people surveyed in a June poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation indicated they would be more open to getting the jab once a vaccine was fully approved — and indirect, as it sets the stage for new vaccine requirements by organizations including corporations, hospitals and colleges.

While the uptick in new vaccinations — first doses — has been the subject of particular interest, total vaccine doses, comprising first and second jabs, have been on the rise as well. They will likely continue to increase as third doses complicate the picture.

The F.D.A. this month opened eligibility for third shots for some people with weakened immune systems. And last week, the Biden administration strongly recommended that Americans who received the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna coronavirus vaccines get a booster shot eight months after their second vaccine dose. If the F.D.A. approves that recommendation, boosters will be available starting in late September.

However, there is evidence that about 1.2 million people in the U.S. may have already received unauthorized additional doses before these announcements were made, according to the C.D.C.

Note: Not all states had hit their lowest weekly vaccinations in early June, when Delta was on the verge of becoming dominant, and some only had mild growth in late July and August. As a result, these states may show a decrease in vaccinations in this analysis.
After watching worries about the Delta variant drive up vaccinations across the U.S., some state officials say they are adjusting their messaging to focus on the stories of people who have experienced Covid-19 illness or death firsthand.

North Dakota is developing an “Impact Wall,” a website with a collection of videos and photos from those who have been sick or lost a loved one.

And Arkansas has produced a televised public service announcement featuring a pregnant woman who had a near-death experience with Covid. In the video, she and her husband encourage Arkansans to get vaccinated.

“We have a rural couple talking to small rural communities,” Colonel Ator said. “Instead of a guy wearing a tie, I would much rather have the locals talking to them.”

Return to “POLITICS”