January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:23 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:16 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:03 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:06 pm Do I come across as a fan of the Saudi ruling family???

Again, I think you are mixing up "support" with "domination"; these are not the same thing.
Please stop quoting the troll. You are shouting into the wind and giving credence to crazy.

The irony is despite his playing of devil’s advocate online, there is no difference between Brookie, George Bush or an opinionated woman in the Taliban’s eyes.

They all meet the same fate if found in Afghanistan.
+1 On this forum management holds some posters to a different standard than others when it comes to who is defined as a troll and who is not. Imagine that.
I thought you were leaving? This is your 4th post since declaring that.

Apparently you have as much personal credibility as those you are complaining about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boo Hoo on you. :oops: :lol: :lol:
It’s an old angry upstate Trope that’s been cultivated for 25yrs.

I’m smarter than you because I’ve had struggles and have no idea about your life. College is bullsh*t

Everything is the politicians faults even locally.

I’ll attack anyone anytime but I’m the victim wen without evidence.

And on and on-just had my dads side 98th family reunion and it’s full of this crowd.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:31 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:45 am
I await "proof" that the Taliban have the support of the majority of Afghans, women and men. Think they'll hold free and fair elections?
The quick and easy ascendancy of the Taliban is all the proof you need. Re elections, we discussed that before - Afghanistan is not and never has been a democracy which is an alien concept to them. You might as well expect the USA to adopt monarchism before they ever accept our ideals.
What war have you ever been in.

Did Tyson only do this because the fans willed it so?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ty ... ael_Spinks
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:38 pm
I await "proof" that the Taliban have the support of the majority of Afghans, women and men. Think they'll hold free and fair elections?
The quick and easy ascendancy of the Taliban is all the proof you need. Re elections, we discussed that before - Afghanistan is not and never has been a democracy which is an alien concept to them. You might as well expect the USA to adopt monarchism before they ever accept our ideals.

Back in the old LP forum I may have mentioned that I met coach Cus D'Amato when I was a little kid. The guy positively scared me. But he sure was a great boxing trainer. Was a Democrat or at least had some minor connections to Tammany Hall IIRC.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Back in the old LP forum I may have mentioned that I met coach Cus D'Amato when I was a little kid. The guy positively scared me. But he sure was a great boxing trainer. Was a Democrat or at least had some minor connections to Tammany Hall IIRC.
I recall this aspect vaguely.

You may like this if you are a boxing fan in general. Podcast w a new author of a Ali book that opens up a lot of less known facts and different interpretations of many events in and around his life.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0532236212
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

STOP THE STEAL: HINTS OF THE JANUARY 5 RALLIES IN THE JANUARY 6 RIOT INVESTIGATION
...what these three arrests together show is that those involved as speakers on January 5 seem to have had advance knowledge of what would happen the next day.

One of the other mentions of January 5 rallies thus far appears in the filings for Josiah Colt, Ronnie Sandlin, and Nate DeGrave, three random guys who hooked up on the Internet and armed themselves for violence in advance of January 6. Though they have no ties to any organized militia, the day after they went to a January 5 rally, they seemed to know there would be a second front opening at the East door, and Sandlin and DeGrave were among those charged with forcibly ensuring that door was opened.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:34 pm STOP THE STEAL: HINTS OF THE JANUARY 5 RALLIES IN THE JANUARY 6 RIOT INVESTIGATION
...what these three arrests together show is that those involved as speakers on January 5 seem to have had advance knowledge of what would happen the next day.

One of the other mentions of January 5 rallies thus far appears in the filings for Josiah Colt, Ronnie Sandlin, and Nate DeGrave, three random guys who hooked up on the Internet and armed themselves for violence in advance of January 6. Though they have no ties to any organized militia, the day after they went to a January 5 rally, they seemed to know there would be a second front opening at the East door, and Sandlin and DeGrave were among those charged with forcibly ensuring that door was opened.
I mean, seriously, how is this not sedition?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:18 pm

You may like this if you are a boxing fan in general. Podcast w a new author of a Ali book that opens up a lot of less known facts and different interpretations of many events in and around his life.

Sonny Liston was the "total war" boxer. Truly frightening. I'm surprised anyone would get in the ring with him.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Sonny Liston was the "total war" boxer. Truly frightening. I'm surprised anyone would get in the ring with him.
Talking about an industry where Don King paid for murders to disappear and picked off his own people paying upfront cash and skimming the points normally going to the fighter from the promoter for himself. I’m not sure how you or I would approach Liston matters on that world but I hear you.

Didnt it turn out that Hurricane Carter did the crime as well and that’s why Bon Dylan stopped singing the song.

Or even worse, have a buddy in N NJ (recovering alcoholic Irish attorney) who used to run with the Irish mob (met some, nice to me but also terrified me including one who got out after ten years and openly discussed a murder of a undercover FBI agent in the room we were in at a house in Weehawken, I was just there bc my buddy was letting me leave a trailer there I needed to load up in Manhattan the following morning and stayed for a couple of beers). Johns brother Pat was manager of a boxer named Arturo Gatti who is famous for three fights with a guy named Mickey Ward. Well turns out Gatti was an awful drunk as well who beat the hell out of his wife all the time as told by Mgt and mgrs brother. So they’re in her home country of Brazil and he ends up dying of what was called a suicide but physically impossible as he was hung from halfway up a fair taking over the side with a purse strap. He got perhaps what he deserved but point is the whole industry is scary.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:06 pm Do I come across as a fan of the Saudi ruling family???

Again, I think you are mixing up "support" with "domination"; these are not the same thing.
Please stop quoting the troll. You are shouting into the wind and giving credence to crazy.

The irony is despite his playing of devil’s advocate online, there is no difference between Brookie, George Bush or an opinionated woman in the Taliban’s eyes.

Wrong! Dudes > women in their eyes
Not American Dudes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:00 pm

Not American Dudes.
Eh I bet they’d take us over a Afghanni chick in a pick up game
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Talking about an industry where Don King paid for murders to disappear and picked off his own people paying upfront cash and skimming the points normally going to the fighter from the promoter for himself. I’m not sure how you or I would approach Liston matters on that world but I hear you.

Didnt it turn out that Hurricane Carter did the crime as well and that’s why Bon Dylan stopped singing the song.

Or even worse, have a buddy in N NJ (recovering alcoholic Irish attorney) who used to run with the Irish mob (met some, nice to me but also terrified me including one who got out after ten years and openly discussed a murder of a undercover FBI agent in the room we were in at a house in Weehawken, I was just there bc my buddy was letting me leave a trailer there I needed to load up in Manhattan the following morning and stayed for a couple of beers). Johns brother Pat was manager of a boxer named Arturo Gatti who is famous for three fights with a guy named Mickey Ward. Well turns out Gatti was an awful drunk as well who beat the hell out of his wife all the time as told by Mgt and mgrs brother. So they’re in her home country of Brazil and he ends up dying of what was called a suicide but physically impossible as he was hung from halfway up a fair taking over the side with a purse strap. He got perhaps what he deserved but point is the whole industry is scary.
I saw Gatti take some @ss kickings. Yeah that “suicide” was fishy….Didn’t Don King beat a guy to death? Don was Cleveland mobbed up.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:02 pm

I saw Gatti take some @ss kickings. Yeah that “suicide” was fishy….Didn’t Don King beat a guy to death? Don was Cleveland mobbed up.
The Lynch’s are positive it was a cover up of murder but they moved on pretty quick. Ward could take a beating too which is what made that trilogy considered by some the best in the past 30-40 years.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:04 pm

The Lynch’s are positive it was a cover up of murder but they moved on pretty quick. Ward could take a beating too which is what made that trilogy considered by some the best in the past 30-40 years.
Raging Bull is top 10 films for me. Grew up hearing stories about fighters of that era. My father was GG champion at 17. He didn’t take any sh*t.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:22 pm

Raging Bull is top 10 films for me. Grew up hearing stories about fighters of that era. My father was GG champion at 17. He didn’t take any sh*t.
What is your record against him? :)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:28 pm

0-1000
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:41 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:28 pm

0-1000
Well sounds like I woulda said “no mas” in the first round of match 1 so you got that going for you.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 pm...as he was hung from halfway up a fair taking over the side with a purse strap.
...and you MEANT to say what, exactly, in this phrase? Curious minds wanna know...??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 pm...as he was hung from halfway up a fair taking over the side with a purse strap.
...and you MEANT to say what, exactly, in this phrase? Curious minds wanna know...??

Stairwell instead of “fair taking” spell check is a nasty tool when one is typing from a phone. It s a joke to believe he hung himself that way on a wall based stairwell meaning only one side open/exposed.

Basically the Brazilians thought he earned it so they let it slide because he abused the crap out of his wife she was a Brazilian and he was Canadian.

https://www.ringtv.com/168719-investiga ... -homicide/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Not American Dudes.
Taliban hogs all the good machines.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:33 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Not American Dudes.
Taliban hogs all the good machines.

Saw this clip somewhere maybe Desus and Mero. Love the guy using the hamstring machine incorrectly.

Return to “POLITICS”