New Pro Women's League

D1 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Re: New Pro Women's League

Post by seacoaster »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:06 am
DMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Okay, I guess I have to redo, rethink, reword, rearrange, and re-ask the question, but with one added little twist.
Best A, D, M, and GK in your eyes...and the added twist is which player are you choosing first if you're picking teams from the whole lot of them? My answer to that one is Sam Apuzzo, she's just blown me away, what an absolutely fantastic player (as are so many others). A bad place to be on a lacrosse field is a half a step ahead of Apuzzo heading downfield on a clear with the ball in your stick. She comes after you like a German Shepherd and just has a crazy ability to get herself in position to strip you of the ball. That's the distinguishing factor that makes her my number one pick....along with the whole rest of her game, of course. Truth be told, there several girls who have just blown me away in this league. As noted I never saw most of them play week in and week out and never realized just how good most of them are and I'm really glad this league allows them to showcase abilities/skills at another level. Just super good players, am sorry to see this come to an end. Next year Charlotte North will be available/eligible to play in this league, think she'll be any good at this little rougher game? Oh my!!
Oh, and Simkins is better than just good....she's crazy good!
Apuzzo (first pick), Arsenault, Block, Waters. Aside from her obviously dominant scoring abilities, Apuzzo’s rides are just tremendous, very few players ride like she does
Two New Hampshire kids. Gotta like that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

So if you're going to lose your signal, what time you figure that would happen?
If you guessed 2:05 you'd be right.
We're back at the game now though, temporary difficulties.
Was a little panicky for a few minutes though.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:41 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Okay, I guess I have to redo, rethink, reword, rearrange, and re-ask the question, but with one added little twist.
Best A, D, M, and GK in your eyes...and the added twist is which player are you choosing first if you're picking teams from the whole lot of them? My answer to that one is Sam Apuzzo, she's just blown me away, what an absolutely fantastic player (as are so many others). A bad place to be on a lacrosse field is a half a step ahead of Apuzzo heading downfield on a clear with the ball in your stick. She comes after you like a German Shepherd and just has a crazy ability to get herself in position to strip you of the ball. That's the distinguishing factor that makes her my number one pick....along with the whole rest of her game, of course. Truth be told, there several girls who have just blown me away in this league. As noted I never saw most of them play week in and week out and never realized just how good most of them are and I'm really glad this league allows them to showcase abilities/skills at another level. Just super good players, am sorry to see this come to an end. Next year Charlotte North will be available/eligible to play in this league, think she'll be any good at this little rougher game? Oh my!!
Apuzzo (first pick), Arsenault, Block, Waters. Aside from her obviously dominant scoring abilities, Apuzzo’s rides are just tremendous, very few players ride like she does
Had no idea until now that Block was from NH :lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:29 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:41 pm
Had no idea until now that Block was from NH :lol:
Stratham. Not far from the nicest town in new England.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, Kennedy a little fired up.
Meanwhile Makeyla is flipping up onto the roof again.
Love that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ho hum, tied at 4 at the half.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Damn, another perfectly executed fast break but not finished.
Really gotta, and should, have those goals.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Blue up 5-4 end of 3rd
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Getting a little frustrated after seeing some of these clears…
DMac

Post by DMac »

Geezuz...intense.
6-6, 2:50 to go.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Nasty hit on Kennedy… FPS… huge stop by Glynn… Tied 6-6, now onto sudden death OT
DMac

Post by DMac »

Huge with a capital H!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Geiger 🐕🐕🥍
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

& Parrella wins it on a FPS in OT!!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:01 pm Geiger 🐕🐕🥍
Team Glynn. Go hounds🐕🐕🐕🐕🥍🥍🥍🥍
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

That setup by Amber Hill was terrible for that FP. She left way too much goal open. Easy score for the game winner.
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:53 pm Nasty hit on Kennedy… FPS… huge stop by Glynn… Tied 6-6, now onto sudden death OT
Not even close to what Kennedy did to Ortega during the season 🤷🏻‍♀️
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Laxinfordays wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:22 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:53 pm Nasty hit on Kennedy… FPS… huge stop by Glynn… Tied 6-6, now onto sudden death OT
Haven’t forgotten about that & it still makes me angry :oops:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:25 pm
Kennedy kind of got directed into O'Donnell's horizontal stick with the momentum of Wood trailing at her back, a bit of a freak accident. There was nothing "kind of" when Kennedy barrelled into Ortega. That was 100% deliberate, and would have been a good solid body check if they were playing ice hockey. Tough cookie though. She got up and attempted the game winner. These ladies are awfully touch.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:13 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:25 pm
Kennedy kind of got directed into O'Donnell's horizontal stick with the momentum of Wood trailing at her back, a bit of a freak accident. There was nothing "kind of" when Kennedy barrelled into Ortega. That was 100% deliberate, and would have been a good solid body check if they were playing ice hockey. Tough cookie though. She got up and attempted the game winner. These ladies are awfully touch.
Exactly. The hit on Ortega was totally deliberate and should’ve been a yellow. That’s been her style of play since hs. Yes she’s tough. But IMO dirty

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”