New Pro Women's League

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: New Pro Women's League

Post by DMac »

Man, this is a really tight game, high intensity level.
Really sweet hockey pass from Kent to save a possession.
Don't want to see either team lose.
O'Donnell puts Glynn up by two, 7-5.
Lotta time.
DMac

Post by DMac »

One goal game, eight minutes to go.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, Johanson with a two point bullseye in the upper right corner to put Waters up 9-8 with five minutes to go.
Seat belts on, helmets too.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Uh oh, 10-9 (two pointer by Perecca) Glynn with 50 sec to go.
Waters ball at mid field.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Glynn holds on. Pipe shot by Waters but nope.
Another very good game.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Team Cummings vs Team Glynn on right now, tied 3-3 start of 3rd
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Wood took a shot to the face from McPartland, straight red card. Ugly play
Last edited by glaxer24 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta hate those responsibilities as they sometimes get in the way, missed the first half.
McPartland out, Wood takes a shot in the face....not good.
If you're still with us, Larry, the more I watch Wood play the more clearly evident it becomes why she plays at the D end of the field where she excels. The O end is not her forte.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Izzy Mac, by far the best swing with a bat.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, Team Cummings is just tooooooooo good, they aint gettin' beat.
7-3 now.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just another fantastic game played by phenomenal wlax players, 12-11 Ohlmiller.
Question for those who have watched these games, by the eye test who would you choose as the best player in the league (don't care about this point system, who looks like the best player to you)?
This is a splitting hairs question and a strong argument can be made for several players. I know who my choice is right now.
One more day to watch them, hold your answers til after the last game.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:41 pm Just another fantastic game played by phenomenal wlax players, 12-11 Ohlmiller.
Question for those who have watched these games, by the eye test who would you choose as the best player in the league (don't care about this point system, who looks like the best player to you)?
This is a splitting hairs question and a strong argument can be made for several players. I know who my choice is right now.
Loaded question. An attacker, a defender, a midfielder, and a goalie?? Or really just one player?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just one player....makin' it tough.
Maybe it's like these captains and the decision they have to make when they have the first pick of the lot.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:41 pm Just another fantastic game played by phenomenal wlax players, 12-11 Ohlmiller.
Hey DMac, I’ve watched most of the games, and I’ll give you my answer now. The numbers don’t lie: Taylor Cummings is the all-around best player. As an attacker I’ll always take Kayla Treanor (loved her since she was at the ‘Cuse). On defense I’ll take Ella Simkins, another Syracuse product. Love Caylee Waters in the cage. She’s fantastic.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

I would take Dempsey Arsenault who dominates on both side of the ball and middle of the field. Was leading middie by far from points standpoint until she missed a few games. Better all round middie than Cummings in my opinion.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Ketch wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:14 pm
Hey DMac, I’ve watched most of the games, and I’ll give you my answer now. The numbers don’t lie: Taylor Cummings is the all-around best player. As an attacker I’ll always take Kayla Treanor (loved her since she was at the ‘Cuse). On defense I’ll take Ella Simkins, another Syracuse product. Love Caylee Waters in the cage. She’s fantastic.
Def kt best attacker. However levy is fun to watch
Cummings is so good. I never realized how good. Mccool also good. Wood best defender. Sorry. Simkins is good. Not great. And waters is such a great goalie.
Lucky to get thru with few injuries. At times the swiping and play was rough
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Lax101 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:54 pm I would take Dempsey Arsenault who dominates on both side of the ball and middle of the field. Was leading middie by far from points standpoint until she missed a few games. Better all round middie than Cummings in my opinion.
I can understand this. Arsenault is really a remarkable, world class athlete, and a great, great player. I watched her play with a club team in high school, which featured a kid that was more celebrated than her. In fact, you didn't hear Dempsey's name a lot by comparison to this other kid. But every game, you'd end up watching Arsenault do everything at both ends of the field. I think she did the ACL thing her senior year, and got a little more under the radar. The other kid went along to UNC and got riddled with injuries and never played.

Arsenault then played defense as a freshman at BC for a year, and honed that part of her game, and ended up having a Tewaarton level junior and senior year there, sometimes in the shadow of Kent and Apuzzo. Great, great player.

And I still think Cummings is the best midfielder in the game, and likely the best overall player. Her game is really complete. I actually think what sets her apart from the others in this conversation -- Arsenault, McCool, Schwarzmann back in the day, KT then and now, Sam -- is attitude and leadership. She just wins. She makes other players winners.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Okay, I guess I have to redo, rethink, reword, rearrange, and re-ask the question, but with one added little twist.
Best A, D, M, and GK in your eyes...and the added twist is which player are you choosing first if you're picking teams from the whole lot of them? My answer to that one is Sam Apuzzo, she's just blown me away, what an absolutely fantastic player (as are so many others). A bad place to be on a lacrosse field is a half a step ahead of Apuzzo heading downfield on a clear with the ball in your stick. She comes after you like a German Shepherd and just has a crazy ability to get herself in position to strip you of the ball. That's the distinguishing factor that makes her my number one pick....along with the whole rest of her game, of course. Truth be told, there several girls who have just blown me away in this league. As noted I never saw most of them play week in and week out and never realized just how good most of them are and I'm really glad this league allows them to showcase abilities/skills at another level. Just super good players, am sorry to see this come to an end. Next year Charlotte North will be available/eligible to play in this league, think she'll be any good at this little rougher game? Oh my!!
Oh, and Simkins is better than just good....she's crazy good!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Okay, I guess I have to redo, rethink, reword, rearrange, and re-ask the question, but with one added little twist.
Best A, D, M, and GK in your eyes...and the added twist is which player are you choosing first if you're picking teams from the whole lot of them? My answer to that one is Sam Apuzzo, she's just blown me away, what an absolutely fantastic player (as are so many others). A bad place to be on a lacrosse field is a half a step ahead of Apuzzo heading downfield on a clear with the ball in your stick. She comes after you like a German Shepherd and just has a crazy ability to get herself in position to strip you of the ball. That's the distinguishing factor that makes her my number one pick....along with the whole rest of her game, of course. Truth be told, there several girls who have just blown me away in this league. As noted I never saw most of them play week in and week out and never realized just how good most of them are and I'm really glad this league allows them to showcase abilities/skills at another level. Just super good players, am sorry to see this come to an end. Next year Charlotte North will be available/eligible to play in this league, think she'll be any good at this little rougher game? Oh my!!
Apuzzo, Doughty, Cummings, Waters. First pick is Cummings.

I'm watching the replay of Ohlmiller-Waters yesterday. Jesus Mary and Joseph, the skill level is just in another galaxy.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Okay, I guess I have to redo, rethink, reword, rearrange, and re-ask the question, but with one added little twist.
Apuzzo (first pick), Arsenault, Block, Waters. Aside from her obviously dominant scoring abilities, Apuzzo’s rides are just tremendous, very few players ride like she does

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”