January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:11 pm Huh. PB is gone and someone comes back from a long slumber. Just an observation.
Uh-oh....this ought to get interesting. Since this is the FBI bringing forth this info, I suppose the TDS'ers can now crap on the FBI since it fits their narrative. ;)
Ever had occasion to see your FBI dossier? You might be surprised.
Oh I already know I’m f**ked. Just leaning into it at this point in life.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:33 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:11 pm Huh. PB is gone and someone comes back from a long slumber. Just an observation.
Uh-oh....this ought to get interesting. Since this is the FBI bringing forth this info, I suppose the TDS'ers can now crap on the FBI since it fits their narrative. ;)
:lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:58 am Image

:lol:
Oh look its the laxpower woke mob taking a break from trolling
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:40 pm

Thanks for spelling us, we were getting a little tired.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Isn’t that the Capitol? I saw a guy’s feet up on the desk!

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

A striking resemblance!

Make Afghanistan Great Again!

Afghan Exceptionalism !!
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-08-20/
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:14 am
There was some obvious coordination within some small groups like the Proud Boys or the 3 percenters, but for the most part a mob motivated by the president and a few followers whipping up the crowds
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:34 pm
BTW, you know I have owned a FBI = Female Body Inspector T-shirt I haven’t been able to bust out since # but one day am going to test the waters with again.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Annnnd the taliban guys are far better groomed than our degenerate citizens.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:09 am
There was some obvious coordination within some small groups like the Proud Boys or the 3 percenters, but for the most part a mob motivated by the president and a few followers whipping up the crowds
From that article, it appears that the focus of those remarks (and the prosecutions) is on how much the activities of the mob participants themselves were directly coordinated, and not on the strategy behind the efforts to motivate the mob to attack the Capitol and the intent of that attack. They mention Stone and Alex Jones, presumably because of their connections with groups like the Proud Boys, but I don't think they were likely more than mere players in the overall effort.

Looking at the motivations of the crowd, it's very clear that some, but certainly not all, of the mob, but especially many among the forward phalanxes actually thought they were there to reverse the results of the election, at a minimum to stop the proceedings on the promise of some bombshell legal ruling actually overturning the result. At a minimum, that's seditious intent.

Who gave them that belief, that hope?

And was that intentional, with the expectation that the chaos would provide an opening for an actual over turn of the election?

I don't think it was as much a matter of direct coordination of the mob's activities than simply the desire for the chaos, the excuse to have an intervention, "legally supported" or at least arguably so, enabling the state legislatures to actually overturn the known, certified results of the election.

We now know that such an effort on the 'legal' side was very much afoot, and we know some, though not all, of the players in that effort. There's likely much more to learn there. But that doesn't appear to be what these 'sources' are focused on, nor the FBI if the sources accurately reflect the overall effort to date...it appears to be much more focused on the mob insurrectionists and their specific coordination or lack thereof.

We may learn, and I think this is actually likely, that in the last few days leading up to Jan 6, there was a growing realization that the 'legal' effort to get the legislatures involved was going to fall short and that the notion of declaring martial law in the face of chaos wasn't going to play out as hoped, and Pence was going to do his duty, and... and thus, the incitement to riot was more of a last, angry blast at the system that had actually worked than an actual, coordinated attack with real hope for success. (Though, had they actually reached the Reps and Senators, and they were darn close, who knows what sort of chaos might have actually been created...). The overall effort was sedition. But it fell short due to actual patriots from both parties.

So, the seditious effort then morphed into a much more organized and coordinated game plan to change the rules at the state level, wherever they could, such that in any "next time" the various "patriots" would not be in the positions that had held firm and the probabilities of regaining control would be optimized.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:56 am
BTW, you know I have owned a FBI = Female Body Inspector T-shirt I haven’t been able to bust out since # but one day am going to test the waters with again.
I don't think that is advisable if you are married.....I say put it on after the science party this evening and have some fun with wifey. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

GLWT: Good luck with that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s a great shirt I don’t give a flying f what Patty Ireland and her friends have to say on the topic!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:59 am
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:09 am
From that article, it appears that the focus of those remarks (and the prosecutions) is on how much the activities of the mob participants themselves were directly coordinated, and not on the strategy behind the efforts to motivate the mob to attack the Capitol and the intent of that attack. They mention Stone and Alex Jones, presumably because of their connections with groups like the Proud Boys, but I don't think they were likely more than mere players in the overall effort.

Looking at the motivations of the crowd, it's very clear that some, but certainly not all, of the mob, but especially many among the forward phalanxes actually thought they were there to reverse the results of the election, at a minimum to stop the proceedings on the promise of some bombshell legal ruling actually overturning the result. At a minimum, that's seditious intent.

Who gave them that belief, that hope?

And was that intentional, with the expectation that the chaos would provide an opening for an actual over turn of the election?

I don't think it was as much a matter of direct coordination of the mob's activities than simply the desire for the chaos, the excuse to have an intervention, "legally supported" or at least arguably so, enabling the state legislatures to actually overturn the known, certified results of the election.

We now know that such an effort on the 'legal' side was very much afoot, and we know some, though not all, of the players in that effort. There's likely much more to learn there. But that doesn't appear to be what these 'sources' are focused on, nor the FBI if the sources accurately reflect the overall effort to date...it appears to be much more focused on the mob insurrectionists and their specific coordination or lack thereof.

We may learn, and I think this is actually likely, that in the last few days leading up to Jan 6, there was a growing realization that the 'legal' effort to get the legislatures involved was going to fall short and that the notion of declaring martial law in the face of chaos wasn't going to play out as hoped, and Pence was going to do his duty, and... and thus, the incitement to riot was more of a last, angry blast at the system that had actually worked than an actual, coordinated attack with real hope for success. (Though, had they actually reached the Reps and Senators, and they were darn close, who knows what sort of chaos might have actually been created...). The overall effort was sedition. But it fell short due to actual patriots from both parties.

So, the seditious effort then morphed into a much more organized and coordinated game plan to change the rules at the state level, wherever they could, such that in any "next time" the various "patriots" would not be in the positions that had held firm and the probabilities of regaining control would be optimized.
Somebody has to try to distort reality and twist definitions and frameworks of discussion while hoping others don’t notice now that PB is getting his pancake finished at cook co jail.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:01 am
I don't think that is advisable if you are married.....I say put it on after the science party this evening and have some fun with wifey. :lol:
That is a good one. Now I just need to get a badge and handcuffs.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://image.politicalcartoons.com/254 ... apital.png

Biggest difference being that the insurrection on 1/6 was committed by unpatriotic terrorists who were hellbent on destroying a system favored by the majority which makes their actions treason. By contrast, the Taliban restored a system favored by the majority in their country which makes that an act of patriotism..
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:58 am

Annnnd the taliban guys are far better groomed than our degenerate citizens.
They were just tourist.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:55 am

https://image.politicalcartoons.com/254 ... apital.png

Biggest difference being that the insurrection on 1/6 was committed by unpatriotic terrorists who were hellbent on destroying a system favored by the majority which makes their actions treason. By contrast, the Taliban restored a system favored by the majority in their country which makes that an act of patriotism..
I'm not sure why you persist in telling us that a "majority" of Afghans support the Taliban's takeover (as opposed to the exit of foreigners), when it's pretty clear that simply isn't true. They are the best organized, most committed, military faction in Afghanistan; if they manage to maintain an iron grip on control (the Northern Alliance is already reforming) it will most likely be by brutal force, not any sort of democratic expression of the majority with basic rights for the minorities to ensure civic, non-violent acceptance.

I mean, seriously, that's like saying, if Jan 6 had been successful, because the US military and Cap police had lain down that Trumpism was actually favored by a majority (indeed that would actually be closer to the truth).

That said, the hope is that the Taliban will decide to institute reforms to how they govern versus how they did previously...time will tell.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Agreed. It is a bit over the top.

Different than acknowledging that they’ve earned the authority that they abdicated to the taliban by their behavior.

We wouldn’t even be discussing the circumstances around the change recently if people believed they were happy and pro actively in favor of this situation over there.

Return to “POLITICS”