Rutgers 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Rutgers 2021

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dr. Pretorious wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:46 pm Your boy Amuroso must really suck like all the other NJ kids on the team or recruits. Collin Rover and Sheamus Schoefield are garbage. Delbartons Sean Donnelly was trash. I can go on and on they way some NJ folks talk. Matt Pedicine really sucked and could never have played on a Rutgers team.
I have to concede up front I don’t know who these young men are, or anything about them or their lacrosse careers.

But calling them out by name, and making those kind of comments about a group of teenagers (very young 20-somethings at most) that you’ve likely never met … Wow. Just wow.

Very classy indeed.
[/quote]
A-B conversation Cya since you are donny by clearly out of your element.

Matt Pedecine set the college FO win record in 2019 so if you paid attention you’d have a clue but you’re just jumping in paying no attention, no context and no history. But quick to comment without understanding sarcasm or that it was an inside conversation when I said “you’re boy”. Just out of you’re element.

Ego doesn’t allow you to ask for context or look the names up eh?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:17 pm
Dr. Pretorious wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:46 pm Your boy Amuroso must really suck like all the other NJ kids on the team or recruits. Collin Rover and Sheamus Schoefield are garbage. Delbartons Sean Donnelly was trash. I can go on and on they way some NJ folks talk. Matt Pedicine really sucked and could never have played on a Rutgers team.
I have to concede up front I don’t know who these young men are, or anything about them or their lacrosse careers.

But calling them out by name, and making those kind of comments about a group of teenagers (very young 20-somethings at most) that you’ve likely never met … Wow. Just wow.

Very classy indeed.

Matt Pedecine set the college FO win record in 2019 so if you paid attention you’d have a clue but you’re just jumping in paying no attention, no context and no history. But quick to comment without understanding sarcasm or that it was an inside conversation when I said “you’re boy”. Just out of you’re element.

[/quote]

man the hobart forum must be so boring that you gotta go into other topics and stir the pot.

pedecine was great - what'd he get you guys?
rovere is a decent player - his high school team is garbage and to be honest - won't likely cut it on a D1 level.
amuroso is probably decent - never heard his name in any big time recruiting circles though
schofield has great numbers against a schedule of schools that probably shouldn't even have lacrosse programs.
donnelly - did he even score 100 career points?

point being - hobart stinks.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:39 am

Very classy indeed.

man the hobart forum must be so boring that you gotta go into other topics and stir the pot.

rovere is a decent player - his high school team is garbage and to be honest - won't likely cut it on a D1 level.
amuroso is probably decent - never heard his name in any big time recruiting circles though
schofield has great numbers against a schedule of schools that probably shouldn't even have lacrosse programs.

[/quote]

Where’s Dr Pretorious now?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Very classy indeed.

[/quote]

I’d be interested in Bananas take on these kids.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Njlaxx11 forgot to diss Ellis Wilson. He must be slipping. Btw. Amoruso and Wilson were on the NJ Underclass team at the UA games. But I'm sure Njlaxx11 is much more involved in "big time recruiting circles" than the people choosing the UA teams. NB, Amoruso started for NJ state champs Don Bosco, at lsm.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:51 pm Njlaxx11 forgot to diss Ellis Wilson. He must be slipping. Btw. Amoruso and Wilson were on the NJ Underclass team at the UA games. But I'm sure Njlaxx11 is much more involved in "big time recruiting circles" than the people choosing the UA teams. NB, Amoruso started for NJ state champs Don Bosco, at lsm.
Well they can point to the unfairness of Adam C’s situation while simultaneously questioning sean donnelly’s four year college career while ignoring his numerous knee surgeries after being an IL ranked PG whom Brecht would’ve gladly taken into his team injury riddled or healthy.

Or perhaps stating Pedicine was good but didn’t exactly play much HS ball and in the same breath criticize another high school kids competition as if totally oblivious from the steroids their mothers put in their formula while sunbathing next to needles in Seaside Hieghts when they were children.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:37 pm

Very classy indeed.

[/quote]

Firstoff, Hobart is indeed a storied program and the HWC players that have been in portal have all been excellent d1 players . RU-HWC contests that were played a dozen years ago were always very tight games.

Amoruso was a good get for Hobart , be a starter sooner than later . Wish BB had recruited , kid would have gotten interest sooner if on better summer club , showed well agaisnt good hs comp and at showcases, excellent stick with good speed and frame , his hs team dominated best of Jersey and he was their starting lsm as aforementioned. Other commits did not play strong hs comp but all held own on circuit. Rovere is a quick lefty with excellent first step, not the biggest kid but good feet n will mix it up, with some added weight he could be a decent two way mid . 3 star prospects are hit or miss but speed and attitude are right. Reminds me some of Dunphey a 22 Princeton committ who had better hs platform . Rutgers may have had some interest in Rovere. I dont know anything about Wilson and Schofield but former made the NJ UA team and latter made the Nike All star team . Cant be shabby
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Enough posting of individual players, some of whom haven’t even gotten to college yet. Rutgers will end up a 6-10 ranked team. Hobart should go back to DIII.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Comeonman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:09 pm Enough posting of individual players, some of whom haven’t even gotten to college yet. Rutgers will end up a 6-10 ranked team. Hobart should go back to DIII.
Hobart moved to D I for competition reasons. Can't say the same about RU's move to the BIG1..
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:31 pm
Comeonman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:09 pm Enough posting of individual players, some of whom haven’t even gotten to college yet. Rutgers will end up a 6-10 ranked team. Hobart should go back to DIII.
Hobart moved to D I for competition reasons. Can't say the same about RU's move to the BIG1..
preach
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bananas wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Very classy indeed.

Firstoff, Hobart is indeed a storied program and the HWC players that have been in portal have all been excellent d1 players . RU-HWC contests that were played a dozen years ago were always very tight games.

Amoruso was a good get for Hobart , be a starter sooner than later . Wish BB had recruited , kid would have gotten interest sooner if on better summer club , showed well agaisnt good hs comp and at showcases, excellent stick with good speed and frame , his hs team dominated best of Jersey and he was their starting lsm as aforementioned. Other commits did not play strong hs comp but all held own on circuit. Rovere is a quick lefty with excellent first step, not the biggest kid but good feet n will mix it up, with some added weight he could be a decent two way mid . 3 star prospects are hit or miss but speed and attitude are right. Reminds me some of Dunphey a 22 Princeton committ who had better hs platform . Rutgers may have had some interest in Rovere. I dont know anything about Wilson and Schofield but former made the NJ UA team and latter made the Nike All star team . Cant be shabby
[/quote]
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Very classy indeed.

[/quote]

Thanks-my post, which one person took as me denigrating my own alma maters kids was moronic without attempting to contextualize, but I believe you may know it was half directed towards you partly because I was surprised you jumped on the “everyone’s against us so we will just attack anyone and anything that attempts to change our made up narrative” train with them.

See I like you and got along, don’t have any beef with Rutgers at all. I agree w WG if it was just positive attitude and optimism which you mostly have been that’s great. Like your positive outlook without making things up and taking offense to people correcting factually incorrect statements like some RU fans have. I can’t imagine you agree with the time or content of one of your fellow RU poster/fan’s comments on all these kids mostly in HS. That’s the type of behavior I’ve pushed back on with some of these folks and yet I’m the a-hole but they are getting away with trashing 16yr olds - in Rutgers home state!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Very classy indeed.

[/quote]

By the way Schoefield plays for Blue Star a solid club we’ve had some decent success with including graduate Chris Aslanian who’s held up pretty well professionally and current D man who was 1st team All NEC as a FR named Michael Christiansen. Have a few other blue star kids on roster including Matt Turner and a kid who flipped from D3 late named Michael Cardinali. Two coming in 22 in Schoefield and a kid named Tim Murray who was at Hun think ended up going to a NE prep school last spring but can’t find anything on.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:04 am

Very classy indeed.

Thanks-my post, which one person took as me denigrating my own alma maters kids was moronic without attempting to contextualize, but I believe you may know it was half directed towards you partly because I was surprised you jumped on the “everyone’s against us so we will just attack anyone and anything that attempts to change our made up narrative” train with them.

See I like you and got along, don’t have any beef with Rutgers at all. I agree w WG if it was just positive attitude and optimism which you mostly have been that’s great. Like your positive outlook without making things up and taking offense to people correcting factually incorrect statements like some RU fans have. I can’t imagine you agree with the time or content of one of your fellow RU poster/fan’s comments on all these kids mostly in HS. That’s the type of behavior I’ve pushed back on with some of these folks and yet I’m the a-hole but they are getting away with trashing 16yr olds - in Rutgers home state!
[/quote]

Thanks, I think . My scrimmage comment intended to poke and knew a follow coming lol. Understood the sarcasm, all good here. Christiansen was another local that got away . Good luck on season.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bananas wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:04 am

Very classy indeed.

Thanks, I think . My scrimmage comment intended to poke and knew a follow coming lol. Understood the sarcasm, all good here. Christiansen was another local that got away . Good luck on season.
[/quote]

Likewise for you. I’d much rather RU win the big ten than any other program except maybe PSU due to the Tambroni connection despite some here thinking I hate the program or whatever.

Post by 1766 »

They would be highly competitive with Salisbury you'd have to think. That seems like a great spot for them.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

1766 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 pm
They would be highly competitive with Salisbury you'd have to think. That seems like a great spot for them.
I’m glad there are reps of Rutgers such as Bananas here...

Post by 1766 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:15 pm
Says the guy who literally challenged a "pay check" throw down lol.

I am told Hobart is a decent school, I think. I'd expect better.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

1766 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:15 pm
Says the guy who literally challenged a "pay check" throw down lol.

I am told Hobart is a decent school, I think. I'd expect better.
At least I don’t make things up and state them as facts, cry and whine or assault anyone personally who dares to question lies told in public.
AOD

Post by AOD »

AOD wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:28 pm
1766 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:25 pm
AOD wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:49 pm
1766 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm No one with any real wealth says that. No one. So I won't. Btw, people with real wealth don't get "pay checks".

So long as real "wealth" is the topic, I guess it's fair to discuss Rutgers' athletics program deficit. For the fiscal year 2020, the athletics deficit totaled $39.1 million AFTER reporting as revenue an internal loan of $20 million. The balance of the internal loans is $140.3 million at the close of fiscal 2020. The budget deficit has grown so large that the university no longer books all the deficit funding as loans. It just accepts a loss of $10.6 million for the last year reported. And that is AFTER $12 million in generalized university support, nearly $13 million in student fees and another $4 million received from the very generous taxpayers of NJ. Athletics at Rutgers are the economic leach that limits research funding, that limits merit aid and that limits much needed campus infrastructure.

And this isn't something new. In the last 15 years, Rutgers athletics have run a deficit of nearly a half billion dollars with more than a quarter billion occurring on Barchi's watch.

Wealth? Not at Rutgers.
The department will be fully self funded by 2026. Come back then.
And that's been their lament for the last 20 years - kicking the can down the road with false promises of riches. They previously promised to be self-funded by 2021. Now, they need an advance on their BIG10 royalties just to make ends meet. They won't receive a full share from the BIG10 until 2027. What a joke!

Care to reconsider that claim above in bold? You should.

Rutgers athletics reported a $10.6 million deficit in fiscal 2020, the last available year of financial reports. But when subtracting reported cash that the university gave to athletics, the shortfall was $39 million. Rutgers gave an additional amount in a loan to cover the losses, which was reported as athletics revenue, pushing the shortfall to $55 million. Athletics needed an $18 million loan from the Big Ten Conference to close the gap, bringing the deficit to $73 million.

Givan said the athletic spending raises “ethical questions.”

“I believe that education, research and service are the highest values of the university and are the mission that we should be uniting behind. But some people might feel that a higher priority should be placed on athletics,” Givan said. “But that doesn't allow for this lack of transparency, hiding financial decisions, prioritizing, you know, spending on athletics at a cost to the rest of the university and then covering the tracks.”

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/ ... 776947001/

Fully self funded by 2026? NOT A CHANCE.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”