Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:56 pm
Until you can distinguish non violent and violent crime, until you are able to decry the inclusion of prison penalties in every federal law, you’re no more educated on this topic than a toddler.

I hope you're not including me in this group since, as you well know, no one has called for the decriminalization of drugs more than I have. Society would be so much better off if it only had enough sense to realize this.

I know. You’re my favorite, by far, Democrat in this forum. You actually have maintained traditional liberal views on civil liberties. That’s respectable to the nth degree, because it’s difficult these days to hold strong to views that are no longer in vogue. Most neocons now align with the DNC, and most media ex-NATSEC leaders populate Democratic media. That is very bad.

I assure you, you and I would share deeply held beliefs on things like crime and punishment, on general international meddling with out military, as well as many critical areas like free speech and free assembly. We’d disagree on taxation.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ You'll have to find another fave Democrat as I'm an indy.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:05 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:56 pm
Until you can distinguish non violent and violent crime, until you are able to decry the inclusion of prison penalties in every federal law, you’re no more educated on this topic than a toddler.

I hope you're not including me in this group since, as you well know, no one has called for the decriminalization of drugs more than I have. Society would be so much better off if it only had enough sense to realize this.

I know. You’re my favorite, by far, Democrat in this forum. You actually have maintained traditional liberal views on civil liberties. That’s respectable to the nth degree, because it’s difficult these days to hold strong to views that are no longer in vogue. Most neocons now align with the DNC, and most media ex-NATSEC leaders populate Democratic media. That is very bad.

I assure you, you and I would share deeply held beliefs on things like crime and punishment, on general international meddling with out military, as well as many critical areas like free speech and free assembly. We’d disagree on taxation.
:lol: :lol: -- now that was funny.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:07 pm ^ You'll have to find another fave Democrat as I'm an indy.
+2
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Woot woot! Finally 1% of the population....

Of our indigenous country...

Native American population jumps to largest size in modern history
Russell Contreras
Russell Contreras
Zuni women with Indian Pots on head march 98th Gallup Inter-tribal Indian Ceremonial, New Mexico.
Zuni Pueblo women march 98th Gallup Inter-tribal Indian Ceremonial in Gallup, N.M. Photo: Visions of America/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
The number of people who identify as Native American or Alaska Native alone grew by 27.1% to 3.7 million people over the last decade, according to the U.S. Census.

Why it matter: The spike in the number of people who solely identify as Native American or Alaska Native mirrors the steady rise of the population since 1890, when Indigenous people were nearly wiped out in the U.S.

The Native American population was reduced to fewer than 250,000 people before the 20th century, following decades of mass extermination, forced boarding schools and land theft.
But years of resistance and legal battles over tribal sovereignty and civil rights have allowed Indigenous populations to rebound to their largest size in modern U.S. history.
By the numbers: In 2020, the Native American and Alaska Native alone population accounted for 1.1% of all people living in the United States. That's a jump compared with 0.9% in 2010.

An additional 5.9 million people identified as Native American and Alaska Native and another race group in 2020, such as white or Black American.
Together, the Native American and Alaska Native alone or in-combination population comprised 9.7 million people in 2020. The combination population grew by 160% since 2010.
What they're saying: "The numbers really do reflect the diversity that we're seeing today in the real world and in Indian Country. So we're very pleased with it," said Yvette Roubideaux, a member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe and vice president for research and director of the policy research center at the National Congress of American Indians.

"But again, we think it may also be an undercount, due to the privacy measures and other challenges with the COVID-19 pandemic."
Details: At 15.2% (111,575 people), Alaska had the largest percentage of its population identifying as solely Native American or Alaska Native.

New Mexico was second, with 10% of its population (212,241 people) identifying as solely Native American.
California has the largest population in total numbers, with 631,061 Indigenous people.
Yes, but: Tribal communities and Native Americans are spread out throughout congressional districts, making it difficult for Indigenous people to gain political power by electing Native Americans to Congress.

New voting restrictions in states like Arizona also could make it more difficult for Navajo Nation members to vote, diluting their power even more.
The Republican-dominated Kansas Legislature is poised to redraw a district currently held by Democratic U.S. Rep. Sharice Davids, a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation and one of two Native American women in Congress, that would oust her from office.
The Democratic-led New Mexico redistricting body could also redraw the district held by Republican U.S. Rep. Yvette Herrell, a member of the Cherokee Nation, that could also boot her from Congress.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:37 pm Woot woot! Finally 1% of the population....

Russell Contreras
Russell Contreras
Zuni women with Indian Pots on head march 98th Gallup Inter-tribal Indian Ceremonial, New Mexico.
Zuni Pueblo women march 98th Gallup Inter-tribal Indian Ceremonial in Gallup, N.M. Photo: Visions of America/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
The number of people who identify as Native American or Alaska Native alone grew by 27.1% to 3.7 million people over the last decade, according to the U.S. Census.

Why it matter: The spike in the number of people who solely identify as Native American or Alaska Native mirrors the steady rise of the population since 1890, when Indigenous people were nearly wiped out in the U.S.

The Native American population was reduced to fewer than 250,000 people before the 20th century, following decades of mass extermination, forced boarding schools and land theft.
But years of resistance and legal battles over tribal sovereignty and civil rights have allowed Indigenous populations to rebound to their largest size in modern U.S. history.
By the numbers: In 2020, the Native American and Alaska Native alone population accounted for 1.1% of all people living in the United States. That's a jump compared with 0.9% in 2010.

An additional 5.9 million people identified as Native American and Alaska Native and another race group in 2020, such as white or Black American.
Together, the Native American and Alaska Native alone or in-combination population comprised 9.7 million people in 2020. The combination population grew by 160% since 2010.
What they're saying: "The numbers really do reflect the diversity that we're seeing today in the real world and in Indian Country. So we're very pleased with it," said Yvette Roubideaux, a member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe and vice president for research and director of the policy research center at the National Congress of American Indians.

"But again, we think it may also be an undercount, due to the privacy measures and other challenges with the COVID-19 pandemic."
Details: At 15.2% (111,575 people), Alaska had the largest percentage of its population identifying as solely Native American or Alaska Native.

New Mexico was second, with 10% of its population (212,241 people) identifying as solely Native American.
California has the largest population in total numbers, with 631,061 Indigenous people.
Yes, but: Tribal communities and Native Americans are spread out throughout congressional districts, making it difficult for Indigenous people to gain political power by electing Native Americans to Congress.

New voting restrictions in states like Arizona also could make it more difficult for Navajo Nation members to vote, diluting their power even more.
The Republican-dominated Kansas Legislature is poised to redraw a district currently held by Democratic U.S. Rep. Sharice Davids, a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation and one of two Native American women in Congress, that would oust her from office.
The Democratic-led New Mexico redistricting body could also redraw the district held by Republican U.S. Rep. Yvette Herrell, a member of the Cherokee Nation, that could also boot her from Congress.
Thanks for posting that. That’s excellent news.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Painfully, outright white supremacism remains rampant in many of our institutions...and this example is only the most egregiously obvious sort: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/us/torra ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:17 am Painfully, outright white supremacism remains rampant in many of our institutions...and this example is only the most egregiously obvious sort: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/us/torra ... index.html
Policing is a last resort for a lot of these losers.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:17 am Painfully, outright white supremacism remains rampant in many of our institutions...and this example is only the most egregiously obvious sort: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/us/torra ... index.html
Badges and guns and uniforms are attractive to certain sorts.
Power.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:50 am
Power.
It is. I often wonder what other career opportunities these guys passed up to become a police officer.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:23 am
Power.
It is. I often wonder what other career opportunities these guys passed up to become a police officer.
Those who can't, teach. Or police.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 am
Power.
Or get a gig as a corrections officer.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Power.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:37 pm Woot woot! Finally 1% of the population....

Russell Contreras
Russell Contreras

Thanks for posting that. That’s excellent news.
++
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:40 am
Power.
With the slight exception to TLD's comment because of his use of a qualifier, I take offense to these comments.

My son was a corrections officer two years and then a cop for five in AZ until moving to NJ a little over two years ago because of a business promotion taken by his wife. Before his time in criminal justice work he worked in another field for which he had an associate's degree, and that field was financially more lucrative for he and his family. But he loved being a cop. In the seven years in criminal justice he took certification courses that got him to a total of 154 college credits. That's right, theoretically enough for a bachelor's and a master's.

But there's no reciprocity between NJ and AZ to allow him to just transfer into a NJ police organization, so he had to go through hoops in order to qualify to even apply to positions. This included having to take three "trivial" general college courses so he could earn an associate's degree in criminal justice so one of the requirement boxes could be checked. (Those courses were in math, science, and "daily report writing". That's right, somebody who'd been a cop for five years had to sit through a course on how to write daily reports, taught by a prof with a criminal justice master's degree who's never been a cop. At least the he had a 100 average.)

But now he's reached the point where he's run out of time to get on a NJ police force because he's getting close to an age requirement which would require too much reading to explain (Covid throwing a wrench into everything for a year also didn't help), so he's resigned himself to return to his more lucrative previous occupation. The only way back to policing would be if his wife suddenly received a promotion that would lead to them moving to a state with AZ reciprocity within the next year.

Why's he so upset? Because he loved public service, and misses it every day.

Some, no most, cops are cops for the right reasons.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:40 am
Power.
With the slight exception to TLD's comment because of his use of a qualifier, I take offense to these comments.

My son was a corrections officer two years and then a cop for five in AZ until moving to NJ a little over two years ago because of a business promotion taken by his wife. Before his time in criminal justice work he worked in another field for which he had an associate's degree, and that field was financially more lucrative for he and his family. But he loved being a cop. In the seven years in criminal justice he took certification courses that got him to a total of 154 college credits. That's right, theoretically enough for a bachelor's and a master's.

But there's no reciprocity between NJ and AZ to allow him to just transfer into a NJ police organization, so he had to go through hoops in order to qualify to even apply to positions. This included having to take three "trivial" general college courses so he could earn an associate's degree in criminal justice so one of the requirement boxes could be checked. (Those courses were in math, science, and "daily report writing". That's right, somebody who'd been a cop for five years had to sit through a course on how to write daily reports, taught by a prof with a criminal justice master's degree who's never been a cop. At least the he had a 100 average.)

But now he's reached the point where he's run out of time to get on a NJ police force because he's getting close to an age requirement which would require too much reading to explain (Covid throwing a wrench into everything for a year also didn't help), so he's resigned himself to return to his more lucrative previous occupation. The only way back to policing would be if his wife suddenly received a promotion that would lead to them moving to a state with AZ reciprocity within the next year.

Why's he so upset? Because he loved public service, and misses it every day.

Some, no most, cops are cops for the right reasons.
It’s not all police. A very good friend of mine is a police officer in a hayseed town. I have a couple others that went into law enforcement because it was that or the army. A parent of an an All American goalie walks a beat. He absolutely does not have to do that. Independently wealthy but wanted to do some good. It’s not all cops that are 1 degree away from being a criminal but there is a chunk. Just as enlisting in the armed forces does not always mean it’s because of Patriotism or a desire to serve the country. Many were sold on a paycheck and travel and a way out. Not all but many.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Perhaps this clown can get into an involuntary STD study. Then we can ask him if he's suspicious of the medical industry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-lt-gov ... 12724.html
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:45 pm
Power.
Is that Tom Morello?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:19 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:45 pm
Power.
Is that Tom Morello?
mhmm https://www.guitarworld.com/news/stream ... right-here
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Love rage, know morello did a lot of other stuff but shame they couldn’t keep it rolling for a while back in the 90s.

Return to “POLITICS”