All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:16 pm at least football is outdoors.
We can choose to reduce risk, if not eliminate risk. Lots of things we do is by choice. Not necessity. But my lifestyle is fairly simple. I don’t need much nor do I have much of a need to be served or entertained. Anyway….we will get through it.
We can’t eliminate risk and live life really. But reduce, mitigate and manage for sure.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:37 pm
We can choose to reduce risk, if not eliminate risk. Lots of things we do is by choice. Not necessity. But my lifestyle is fairly simple. I don’t need much nor do I have much of a need to be served or entertained. Anyway….we will get through it.
We can’t eliminate risk and live life really. But reduce, mitigate and manage for sure.
Exactly. I don’t need to sit around a bar eating and drinking or being served “inside” a restaurant. Those are luxuries.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:55 pm
lagerhead wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:47 pm This is not going to help messaging for booster shots.

People with both COVID-19 shots are fully vaccinated without booster, surgeon general says

https://news.yahoo.com/people-both-covi ... soc_trk=ma
I don’t read that as problematic. He said they are considered fully vaccinated. How many folks who went out by mid summer and got vaccinated are untrusting such that they’d read a problem into what he said. Which included comments on “based on the trajectory we believe a booster will ultimately be needed...”. I read this more as confirmation that the booster isn’t considered officially part of the vaccination. If anything a message to the unvaccinated community that “were not going to string you along forever with boosters and we still think the primary shots are sufficient in our official govt view”. He also specifically references Moderna I believe but not J&J or Pfizer (I have Pfizer)
https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1428 ... 24672?s=21

Trust the science.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:35 pm uh oh... pocket protector fight:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/covid-b ... ature.html
Surgeon gene real said “nope” yesterday.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

lagerhead wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:45 pm
lagerhead wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:47 pm This is not going to help messaging for booster shots.

People with both COVID-19 shots are fully vaccinated without booster, surgeon general says

I don’t read that as problematic. He said they are considered fully vaccinated. How many folks who went out by mid summer and got vaccinated are untrusting such that they’d read a problem into what he said. Which included comments on “based on the trajectory we believe a booster will ultimately be needed...”. I read this more as confirmation that the booster isn’t considered officially part of the vaccination. If anything a message to the unvaccinated community that “were not going to string you along forever with boosters and we still think the primary shots are sufficient in our official govt view”. He also specifically references Moderna I believe but not J&J or Pfizer (I have Pfizer)

Trust the science.
if this board is any indication, imma need for jnj to get their data out in the next week or 2 or i might have to start looking into ways to get off the grid.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Trust the science.
if this board is any indication, imma need for jnj to get their data out in the next week or 2 or i might have to start looking into ways to get off the grid.
Pfizer too…

Get your TP paper towels now!!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Trust the science.
I got my two Pfizer shots last in early May so I’m not even thinking about this really until Q4 personally.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:43 pm
Exactly. I don’t need to sit around a bar eating and drinking or being served “inside” a restaurant. Those are luxuries.
I will NEVER pay the Uber Eats/Lyft whatever bs delivery markup. NEVER.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:16 pm
I have never used those services. I call ahead and pick up. I do eat outside at a restaurant now that I am fully vaccinated but even now I am starting to re-think it until cases start to fall off and / or I get boosted.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:47 pm
I have never used those services. I call ahead and pick up. I do eat outside at a restaurant now that I am fully vaccinated but even now I am starting to re-think it until cases start to fall off and / or I get boosted.
We’re going to have a dozen kids over on Sunday for my sons birthday party. We’ve asked them to mask inside for the science part of the party and they get tested daily at school.

I’ve also had to take probably 20 flights in the last 15-18mo for business...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:58 pm
We’re going to have a dozen kids over on Sunday for my sons birthday party. We’ve asked them to mask inside for the science part of the party and they get tested daily at school.

Mask inside and keep the windows open. It should be fine.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Two 20" box fans in two windows - one pulling air in, one exhausting air out. Circulation is key.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Two 20" box fans in two windows - one pulling air in, one exhausting air out. Circulation is key.
Better safe than sorry.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weeks-Long Battle With Coronavirus

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina, shared conspiracy theories from his ICU bed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/14286452 ... name=small

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina who fought COVID-19 vaccination efforts, died on Thursday of the coronavirus after a weekslong battle, including six days spent on a ventilator, The Greenville News reported.

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.

Stutts also praised a state effort to strip funding from schools that imposed mask mandates or testing requirements, and was angry about $10 gift card incentives for vaccination, writing to his 5,000 followers: “Do not sell your body nor your soul no matter the asking price.”

In July, Stutts shared a Facebook post dismissing the delta variant, which was likely the one that ended his life.

On Aug. 1 ― the day he went into the ICU ― Stutts insisted he had “always contended that COVID was very real” and called it “a deadly bio-weapon perpetrated upon the people of the world by enemies foreign, and perhaps domestic.”......................................................

Read more: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pressley ... mg00000004

Sad lesson learned the hard way.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Wife received notice this AM that one of her patients (unvaccinated 10 year old) she had very close recent contact with tested + for DELTA. Her healthcare employer is not requiring quarantine or testing, just pay attention for possible symptoms. Obviously wife is vaccinated; in early February.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:27 am Wife received notice this AM that one of her patients (unvaccinated 10 year old) she had very close recent contact with tested + for DELTA. Her healthcare employer is not requiring quarantine or testing, just pay attention for possible symptoms. Obviously wife is vaccinated; in early February.
ugh; fingers crossed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:12 am GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weeks-Long Battle With Coronavirus

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina, shared conspiracy theories from his ICU bed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/14286452 ... name=small

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina who fought COVID-19 vaccination efforts, died on Thursday of the coronavirus after a weekslong battle, including six days spent on a ventilator, The Greenville News reported.

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.

Stutts also praised a state effort to strip funding from schools that imposed mask mandates or testing requirements, and was angry about $10 gift card incentives for vaccination, writing to his 5,000 followers: “Do not sell your body nor your soul no matter the asking price.”

In July, Stutts shared a Facebook post dismissing the delta variant, which was likely the one that ended his life.

On Aug. 1 ― the day he went into the ICU ― Stutts insisted he had “always contended that COVID was very real” and called it “a deadly bio-weapon perpetrated upon the people of the world by enemies foreign, and perhaps domestic.”......................................................

Read more: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pressley ... mg00000004

Sad lesson learned the hard way.
Sounds like he still didn't learn any lessons...went to his veritable death-bed spouting nonsense.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:14 pm
Sounds like he still didn't learn any lessons...went to his veritable death-bed spouting nonsense.

We can always have our disagreements in political matters. Whatever the case I certainly do not want to see anyone get hurt. It is very sad that someone like him needlessly lost his life because of the endless array of lies posted by the far right throughout the media and internet. Let's hope those who are similarly persuaded up to now will see the light and come to their senses. Their lives (and those of the rest of the rest of us) will be far better for it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”