January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by PizzaSnake »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:04 am DON’T IGNORE WHAT TREVOR MCFADDEN HAS TO SAY ABOUT JANUARY 6

McFadden is a judge that Orange Cheeto appointed...
McFadden based his decision on this point in part on separation of powers (the basis for some of his decisions that have been deemed pro-Trump) and presumption of regularity, as well as basic facts. He deemed reasonable the possibility that prosecutors viewed Griffin’s leadership role to be more important to prosecute. He suggested he might sentence Griffin (if he were found guilty) leniently based on a comparison with similarly situated protestors against Kavanugh. But he also based his decision on the notion that Griffin’s threats of violence (raised in a detention challenge conducted before Michael Sherwin departed) could pose a genuine concern to the government.

McFadden is not treating this investigation as a witch hunt against people with right wing views.

But at the same time, McFadden has deviated from his colleagues’ more alarmist language to refer to January 6. At least twice in hearings (including on this Griffin challenge), McFadden admonished an AUSA who referred to January 6 as an insurrection. Have you charged anyone with insurrection, McFadden rightly asked. In a court room, these are not empty terms. They are also names of crimes. And DOJ needs to be careful not to accuse these defendants of crimes that — for whatever reason — they haven’t charged.

It’s not that McFadden thinks January 6 was not serious. In the same Hale-Cusanelli hearing, he described, “Obviously, the January 6th riot was a serious and sui generis threat to our country’s body politic.” But thus far (he has not presided over any of the six cases that have been sentenced yet), he has adopted a more moderate tone in discussing the event.
“Obviously, the January 6th riot was a serious and sui generis threat to our country’s body politic.”

As a creature of the law and order establishment, he has not idea what is coming. Adherence to the rule of law is voluntary. Has he forgotten about force majeure? I think the social contract will fail as all parties begin to invoke force majeure and become selective in in their adherence to the social compact.

What do you think the January 6th riots were?

How about widespread "revolt" against nonsensical "anti-masking" edicts in Florida and Tejas?

All dam failures start out slowly...

"Freedom's just a nother word for nothing left to lose".

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Guess the hesitant are semi-literate... or aren't too discerning.

"The agents confiscated 121 packages filled with more than 3,000 fake vaccination cards, according to the CBP. Officers realized the cards were fake because the packages were not sent by the CDC or another medical organization. The forms also had errors, including misspellings, unfinished words and incorrect Spanish translations, the agency said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ine-cards/

I love it when non-L1 English speakers write.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

:lol:
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:31 pm Guess the hesitant are semi-literate... or aren't too discerning.

"The agents confiscated 121 packages filled with more than 3,000 fake vaccination cards, according to the CBP. Officers realized the cards were fake because the packages were not sent by the CDC or another medical organization. The forms also had errors, including misspellings, unfinished words and incorrect Spanish translations, the agency said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ine-cards/

I love it when non-L1 English speakers write.
Sounds like some of the old fake ids I had in late HS and college.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Currently there is a guy in a pickup truck on a sidewalk outside of the Library of Congress trying to get the revolution started:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/live-blog ... f-congress
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:56 pm Currently there is a guy in a pickup truck on a sidewalk outside of the Library of Congress trying to get the revolution started:

What a shock that a white man from North Carolina could tell "Biden and Nancy" they better leave unless they "want to hear people scream," and that "labor day weekend they gonna know the motherf*ckin south was there." What about antifa? Obama's fault?

Maybe a deep and persistent illness is plaguing undereducated white, male America.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

And apparently now he has surrendered...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

There's a lot of data showing the disparities in who is captured alive by police and who is not...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:11 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:56 pm Currently there is a guy in a pickup truck on a sidewalk outside of the Library of Congress trying to get the revolution started:

What a shock that a white man from North Carolina could tell "Biden and Nancy" they better leave unless they "want to hear people scream," and that "labor day weekend they gonna know the motherf*ckin south was there." What about antifa? Obama's fault?

Maybe a deep and persistent illness is plaguing undereducated white, male America.
Well when you don’t have a job Labor Day becomes an open day to whine
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

How stupid is Mo Brooks?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:55 pm How stupid is Mo Brooks?
He's trying to help deflect some of the vitriol directed at Biden? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:10 pm
That is nice of him. Seriously, it’s hard to believe these morons can get into Congress.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:10 pm
That is nice of him. Seriously, it’s hard to believe these morons can get into Congress.
Tubberville and Brooks. Winning!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Just a reminder that Matt Gaetz’s wingman, Joel Greenberg, was supposed to be sentenced on federal charges yesterday, but he received a 90-day continuance so he could complete his cooperation with fed’l prosecutors on charges including sex trafficking a minor.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

FBI Finds Scant Evidence U.S. Capitol Attack Was Coordinated-Sources

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... ed-sources

Quick you all need another new fake scandal.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Huh. PB is gone and someone comes back from a long slumber. Just an observation.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:11 pm Huh. PB is gone and someone comes back from a long slumber. Just an observation.
Great minds think alike?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:11 pm Huh. PB is gone and someone comes back from a long slumber. Just an observation.
Great minds think alike?
Prepared for the abortion thread to get fired back up. Makes sense that there’s commonality between folks who loudly shout on this topic and desiring to go back to 50s style loves where you more dark back alleys where the bloody, likely less sterile environment, ones frequently occurred.

Cant hide our myriad of sins when truth and transparency are so freely available to all.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Uh-oh....this ought to get interesting. Since this is the FBI bringing forth this info, I suppose the TDS'ers can now crap on the FBI since it fits their narrative. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:14 pm
Uh-oh....this ought to get interesting. Since this is the FBI bringing forth this info, I suppose the TDS'ers can now crap on the FBI since it fits their narrative. ;)
Ever had occasion to see your FBI dossier? You might be surprised.

Return to “POLITICS”