Fall Ball/Practice Rules

D3 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Fall Ball/Practice Rules

Post by Dr. Tact »

Hi:

Got a D starting her D3 lax journey this week. Anyone know the rules of practice limitations and Fall Ball limitations? I have an understanding of D1 rules, but not D3.

Thanks in advance.
LaxCoach13

Re: Fall Ball/Practice Rules

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:39 am Hi:

Got a D starting her D3 lax journey this week. Anyone know the rules of practice limitations and Fall Ball limitations? I have an understanding of D1 rules, but not D3.

Thanks in advance.
Take a look at NAIA too, if interested DM me
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:48 am

Thanks in advance.
Take a look at NAIA too, if interested DM me
D3 fall ball is 5 weeks with 1 competition day. The 5 weeks consist of official practices with coaches present. The competition day can include multiple games (like a play day). Captains practices and informal things like that can be held outside of those 5 weeks
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Thanks in advance.
https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=9024

17.1.4.4 Nontraditional Segment Limitations for Baseball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball. The nontraditional segment shall be subject to the following limitations: (Revised: 4/11/11 effective 8/1/11)

(a) All practice and competition shall be limited to a maximum of five weeks;

(b) A maximum of 16 days of athletically related activity with not more than four days of athletically related activity in any one week shall be permitted;

(c) Any athletically related activity (see Bylaw 17.02.1.1) by any member of the applicable team shall constitute the use of a day;

(d) One date of competition may occur and shall be counted as one of the 16 permissible days of athletically related activity; and

(e) A maximum of eight hours of athletically related activity may occur on the one date of competition for all participants. Further, competition activity on the one date must be included in the eight-hour maximum and is also limited to the following:.

(1) Baseball. Two regulation baseball games or 18 regulation innings (e.g., three outs per inning, three strike outs per out).

(2) Field Hockey. Two regulation field hockey contests or 140 minutes of competition activity.

(3) Men's and Women's Lacrosse. Two regulation lacrosse contests or 120 minutes of competition activity.

(4) Men's and Women's Soccer. Two regulation soccer contests or 180 minutes of competition activity.

(5) Softball. Three regulation softball games or 21 regulation innings (e.g., three outs per inning, three strikes per out).

(6) Men’s and Women’s Volleyball. Three regulation matches or 15 regulation volleyball sets
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Thanks in advance.
Getting your car in the shop Doc? Looking like a lot of miles in 2022.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:07 am

Thanks in advance.
Getting your car in the shop Doc? Looking like a lot of miles in 2022.
Take D3 to school today. Going to the mechanic tomorrow morning :D ;-)

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”