All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm So is your point that there’s little benefit to getting vaccinated? I’m not clear what point you are actually making but it seems like it’s focused on discrediting the idea that there is much real value in the vaccine. Help me understand if your position is something different that you are trying to convey here. I can understand why TLD responds such as he has. It sure seems like the line of commentary you’ve been presenting is to suggest that it’s not very helpful to get a vaccine but perhaps you position is different and it could be clarified a bit.

Is it just that it’s bad strategy to promote efficacy because the people who don’t believe it now will become more skeptical? If so do you believe they aren’t pretty much lost on this topic of taking reasonable preventative measures to limit amplification of this existing and new strain? Do you think the administration would be a proven failure if entrenched anti Vaxxers doubled down because vacc efficiency is diminishing with this new strain? Does it prove their wrong and unfit to be in office or prove the resistance correct?
let's ignore the 2nd paragraph for a moment. if you can find anywhere in our initial conversations where i discredited any real value in vaccination, quote me. tld is being either a wise ass or probing. so quote me and i'll reply with an explanation. i actually at all stops to that point was giving pro- vaxx info, if you couldn't follow. but i'll explain.
I actually did find a quote and put it out there. But what happened to these questions?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

you're full of ish ffg. plus you don't read well or are lazy based on your takes.
i told you i'd start with your first takes first and you didn't want to do that.
so then muscle me. whatever. asked a bunch for what u wanted for answers. you don't have anything to say. the child thing, btw, was reciprocation to how you handled this.

if you have a question for clarification, i will answer. 10?s at a time maybe too many, better a few at a time, imo.

btw, my guess tld and i are cool. you and i used to be, but i can live w whatever.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:23 pm you're full of ish ffg. plus you don't read well or are lazy based on your takes.
i told you i'd start with your first takes first and you didn't want to do that.
so then muscle me. whatever. asked a bunch for what u wanted for answers. you don't have anything to say. the child thing, btw, was reciprocation to how you handled this.

if you have a question for clarification, i will answer. 10?s at a time maybe too many, better a few at a time, imo.

btw, my guess tld and i are cool. you and i used to be, but i can live w whatever.
Vaccines are helping. Anything else is just noise. We need more people vaccinated. If we get a bad mutation, guys in the white jackets will clean it up with boosters. My belief is that we will need annual shots like the flu. It’s a novel virus and we are 19 months in. We are much further along than many people imagined in February of 2020. Vaccine protection is high initially and then declines…..Was expected with alpha and the vaccine seems to have been proven to be less protective against Delta. Less effective day 1? Don’t know, day 14? don’t know….each day thereafter I would expect the odds of maintaining “98” percent effectiveness to go down. Seems like the vaccine operates more like a therapeutic we are all pining for….might be better than Hydroxychloroquine/Zinc and Ivermectin….
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:35 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:23 pm you're full of ish ffg. plus you don't read well or are lazy based on your takes.

Vaccines are helping. Anything else is just noise. We need more people vaccinated. If we get a bad mutation, guys in the white jackets will clean it up with boosters. My belief is that we will need annual shots like the flu. It’s a novel virus and we are 19 months in. We are much further along than many people imagined in February of 2020. Vaccine protection is high initially and then declines…..Was expected with alpha and the vaccine seems to have been proven to be less protective against Delta. Less effective day 1? Don’t know, day 14? don’t know….each day thereafter I would expect the odds of maintaining “98” percent effectiveness to go down. Seems like the vaccine operates more like a therapeutic we are all pining for….might be better than Hydroxychloroquine/Zinc and Ivermectin….
you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:
"A vaccine given today is still 98% effective."
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:58 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:
I knew you would tease that out ;) who has said these vaccines maintain their efficacy over a lifetime…..I will settle for someone suggesting 12 months. What is the efficacy against the Delta variant? Show me the number.

EDIT: Trey Murphy getting it done tonight
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:12 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:
I knew you would tease that out ;) who has said these vaccines maintain their efficacy over a lifetime…..I will settle for someone suggesting 12 months. What is the efficacy against the Delta variant? Show me the number.

life of me i don't understand why folks don't want to honestly discuss where we are with the vaxx. oh, well.

kyle guy interview with hair... i'm now in on summer league. thx.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:32 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:

life of me i don't understand why folks don't want to honestly discuss where we are with the vaxx. oh, well.

I think Kyle Guy had some “off the court” issues. Tyler Herro having some too! Can’t blame him….where we are with vaxx is that it’s helping keep people alive. That’s all I need to know.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:

I think Kyle Guy had some “off the court” issues. Tyler Herro having some too! Can’t blame him….where we are with vaxx is that it’s helping keep people alive. That’s all I need to know.
you were not my audience. you already have it buttoned up.
#mayaskyoufor95s
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:46 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:

#mayaskyoufor95s
I have some for you so long as you wear it properly. Kyle Guy just hit a bomb….he has a baby on the way!!
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:57 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:

#mayaskyoufor95s
I have some for you so long as you wear it properly. Kyle Guy just hit a bomb….he has a baby on the way!!
they keep saying that. announcers love him.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:03 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:57 pm

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:

#mayaskyoufor95s
they keep saying that. announcers love him.
I do too. We could use him in Dallas
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

trey murphy love!!!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bart

Post by Bart »

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:
Can I ask, wgdsr, what is is you are actually hitting at? I am truly confused. Is it the fact that effacacy is down from original estimates? I do not believe you think the vaccine is worthless do you? I would hate to assume anything because you know what that leads to.......

I never got the notion that the vaccine was going to produce sterilizing immunity.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I muscled you? Does that make you a victim? Reciprocation for how I handled this? But then you would still be the victim and that behavior is ok just like throwing shots now? I didn’t do that to you when I was asking for clarification (politely). I can move on but you make judgement over this and this alone. Wow.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The first sentence says it all.

The only thing I expect to hold 98% or better are Trojans. Otherwise they need to step up their donations to preschool and child care development. And if they aren’t they should get a “Roman Soldier” (see Urbandictionary) for their indiscretions.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:14 am

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:
Can I ask, wgdsr, what is is you are actually hitting at? I am truly confused. Is it the fact that effacacy is down from original estimates? I do not believe you think the vaccine is worthless do you? I would hate to assume anything because you know what that leads to.......

I never got the notion that the vaccine was going to produce sterilizing immunity.
Who did? It’s a simple risk/reward analysis. Unless or absent any evidence that the vaccines had serious and high rate negative consequences or externalities which we haven’t seen though I’m on the record as to not loving some of the shortcuts the FDA took last year, partly based on how we had seen government entities so politicized over the prior four years (which someone will equivocate or take issue with but the level of it has never been seen before), but we can see a positive upside whatever the percentage is. No one can articulate the downside at all other than “it’s social control” or a “democratic run conspiracy” which is so dumb, childish and pathetic. You give me something like hey the efficacy is like 35% and there’s a 20% hour junk will never get hard again and I’m thinking about whether I tough it out or not. But we’re talking way way over 50% positive upside and no identifiable downsides.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Btw how do you figure intentionally being unclear is superior to your vitriol driven statement I have nothing to say? On top of lazy. Good times from the one accusing others of things here.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:14 am

you're the t*ts tld.
but i'm saving!!!:

the science and numbers will be what they are.

just the point that with our new variant driving worse outcomes than before (maybe in combo with some waning)... how we're packaging it. maybe why we're packaging it.

my suspicion, conjecture, for why health and admin authorities, media are quoting long past results is to target the 90 million who haven't stepped up. or the 20 or x million they think they can get if they strike while the iron is hot.

i think there's some downsides to that, and could very well outweigh the upside. one is trust, and it's my opinion trust is the biggest issue for those 90 million. the other at least may be that people vaxxed still feel like superman if they believe they're 98 or 99.994 protected from real bad outcomes. which is showing to no longer be the case. and that's a 170 million number. think honest and transparent info is best practice here.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:18 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm So is your point that there’s little benefit to getting vaccinated? I’m not clear what point you are actually making but it seems like it’s focused on discrediting the idea that there is much real value in the vaccine. Help me understand if your position is something different that you are trying to convey here. I can understand why TLD responds such as he has. It sure seems like the line of commentary you’ve been presenting is to suggest that it’s not very helpful to get a vaccine but perhaps you position is different and it could be clarified a bit.

Is it just that it’s bad strategy to promote efficacy because the people who don’t believe it now will become more skeptical?
they should be promoting efficacy. of course, the vaxx has worked great. imo, promoting with what results we're seeing now. maybe there are authorities that are doing that. but the bend i've mostly seen is not with more real time info (like vs delta). trust is the main issue with the unvaxxed, and this then logically runs the risk of backfiring.
If so do you believe they aren’t pretty much lost on this topic of taking reasonable preventative measures to limit amplification of this existing and new strain?
there are a lot of fence sitters. something will motivate them to jump down one side (being scared or convinced, or being more distrustful). there's also a large cohort who will probably always be in the no way camp.
Do you think the administration would be a proven failure if entrenched anti Vaxxers doubled down because vacc efficiency is diminishing with this new strain?
it's definitely not on the admin for that crowd. for the hesitant crowd, their job is to do what'll work best. we probably won't ever know what the best thread the needle moves would've been. Does it prove their wrong and unfit to be in office or prove the resistance correct?
don't know for sure what "it" is. if it's relating to the 1st paragraph and the query whether i believe the vaccines lack value, i don't believe that at all. vaxxes have been great.
let's ignore the 2nd paragraph for a moment. if you can find anywhere in our initial conversations where i discredited any real value in vaccination, quote me. tld is being either a wise ass or probing. so quote me and i'll reply with an explanation. i actually at all stops to that point was giving pro- vaxx info, if you couldn't follow. but i'll explain.
I actually did find a quote and put it out there. But what happened to these questions?

Return to “POLITICS”