All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Brooklyn

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

I am going to do what I can to increase my chances as well as others of staying alive. If getting vaccinated, wearing a mask and practicing social distance when I can doesn’t make a material difference, I am good with it. I don’t know want to be part of the problem. Don’t want to find out later that I was.

+1,000
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:58 pm
ugh...these stories need to be understood and communicated.
Someone on this site was talking about it’s ok for pregnant women to avoid the vaccine last week.
it would be awesome sauce if we had all the numbers and data on this (and of course other data). could broadcast it.
vaccinated, problems, numbers.
unvaccinated, bad outcomes. percentages and total numbers.

sadly, we don't. and won't. so we're facing whoever is pointed at whatever feed and info loop.
I guess people have to do their own research because you can’t trust what so called experts say. Facebook and Twitter are more reliable because it’s people that think outside the box and won’t bend to the will of the government (or private industry).
weird how a smart guy like you bends my words to where they're indecipherable and expects me to correct them. i'll pass this time.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:58 pm
ugh...these stories need to be understood and communicated.
Someone on this site was talking about it’s ok for pregnant women to avoid the vaccine last week.
it would be awesome sauce if we had all the numbers and data on this (and of course other data). could broadcast it.
vaccinated, problems, numbers.
unvaccinated, bad outcomes. percentages and total numbers.

sadly, we don't. and won't. so we're facing whoever is pointed at whatever feed and info loop.
I guess people have to do their own research because you can’t trust what so called experts say. Facebook and Twitter are more reliable because it’s people that think outside the box and won’t bend to the will of the government (or private industry).
weird how a smart guy like you bends my words to where they're indecipherable and expects me to correct them. i'll pass this time.
That was Ivermectin man, not you….and you are too generous.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i'm grounded in reality.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:08 pm i'm grounded in reality.
+1
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:04 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:03 pm Someone on this site was talking about it’s ok for pregnant women to avoid the vaccine last week.
Yup
Did that unnamed poster say it was ok, or were they merely passing along the reason given by vaccination deniers they encountered (aka -- young women employees) ? In this case, is it ok for an unrelated man to tell a woman what she should do with/put in her body ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:04 pm A doc from LA on TV the other day put it as simple as you can say it:

"In Louisiana, we've had 11,000 people die of Covid. Zero have died from the vaccine. Zero."
Worth sharing for sure....where did you see this?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:04 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:03 pm Someone on this site was talking about it’s ok for pregnant women to avoid the vaccine last week.
Yup
Did that unnamed poster say it was ok, or were they merely passing along the reason given by vaccination deniers they encountered (aka -- young women employees) ? In this case, is it ok for an unrelated man to tell a woman what she should do with/put in her body ?
Like some won’t get it because Gates is planting a micro chip?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58215440
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:08 pm i'm grounded in reality.
Always a good start... :)
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:55 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:04 pm A doc from LA on TV the other day put it as simple as you can say it:

"In Louisiana, we've had 11,000 people die of Covid. Zero have died from the vaccine. Zero."
Not quite the same thing but info might not be trustworthy:

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/myths- ... 9-vaccine/

MYTH: Breakthrough cases prove that even if I get the vaccine, I might still get COVID. So why bother?

FACT: As of August 2, the CDC said there had been 7,525 vaccinated people who were hospitalized or died who had also tested positive for coronavirus—out of more than 164 million fully vaccinated Americans. That equals .00003 percent. Additionally, CDC director Rochelle Walensky has said that 99.5 percent of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated.—Politifact, Fact Checking Joe Biden’s Figure on Unvaccinated COVID-19 Deaths

Hopefully when the guy that works for you needs a hospital bed, he can get one….not sure he wants to risks not being given priority when he is wheeled in…..if choices have to be made as to who gets medical attention and who can wait…. ;)
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:32 am

Okay disregarding the easy jokes one is tempted to make about the jokers running Baltimore city, mask mandates should give anyone a clear window into the mind hive of Democrats. A typical modern Democrat today wants to either be told what to do, or they want to do the telling. They are almost constitutionally incapable of minding their own business. I really think this is the difference between the two parties. Masks cleanly reveal the divide.

Like I said, I got the vaccine, and as opposed to what MDLax would desperately want the ignorant to believe, getting the vaccine in Florida was easier than hooking up with Paris Hilton. I signed up on a state portal and had an appointment within two weeks, and that was early on.

BUT, I don’t care if YOU have the vaccine, or not. It doesn’t concern me in the least. I understand the reluctance to get one, especially if you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant. There are legitimate reasons to distrust the cdc and FDA, given the rushed process behind this vaccine. So if you say no, I get it, and in a trillion years I would not say anything to you if you stated that you were unvaccinated,

The Left on the other hand assumes they know everything about everyone (remind you of anyone here?! :lol: ), and so feel a superior mob mindset to attack those with legitimate objections to the vaccines. Look at how woke totalitarian TLD is on this lacrosse website, and of course the clapping seals behind him.

Today it’s the vaccine, tomorrow it will be something else. As ever, the only totalitarian fascists in our midst are on the Left…be wary of giving them an inch.

Also, keep an eye on housing values and people moving. People aren’t dumb. They go where life is most free, and frankly most successful. For every conversation on this board, pay close attention to the numbers where people vote with their feet. That is common sense. Don’t mindlessly clap to the partisan preachers here or anywhere. The thing leftists here at Fanlax try to sell is not any different than magical potions of yesterday…it’s all bs. Meanwhile, my real estate in Florida keeps appreciating far faster than anywhere else in the country. You should pause and try to reflect why that’s the case.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:14 pm

MYTH: Breakthrough cases prove that even if I get the vaccine, I might still get COVID. So why bother?

FACT: As of August 2, the CDC said there had been 7,525 vaccinated people who were hospitalized or died who had also tested positive for coronavirus—out of more than 164 million fully vaccinated Americans. That equals .00003 percent. Additionally, CDC director Rochelle Walensky has said that 99.5 percent of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated.—Politifact, Fact Checking Joe Biden’s Figure on Unvaccinated COVID-19 Deaths

Hopefully when the guy that works for you needs a hospital bed, he can get one….not sure he wants to risks not being given priority when he is wheeled in…..if choices have to be made as to who gets medical attention and who can wait…. ;)
when uk has 60% of hospitalizations vaxxed, and massachusetts has 30% (was it more?), that 7,500 number sounds like utter bullshirt. 100 people have died as of a week or so ago in a state (mass) of 6.8 million people. 400 hospitalized. and their spread is minor compared to the aouth.

if i was a skeptic on vaxxes, this kind of thing would make me more of one.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:34 pm

when uk has 60% of hospitalizations vaxxed, and massachusetts has 30% (was it more?), that 7,500 number sounds like utter bullshirt. 100 people have died as of a week or so ago in a state (mass) of 6.8 million people. 400 hospitalized. and their spread is minor compared to the aouth.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coronavi ... 63080/?amp

https://theconversation.com/amp/most-co ... you-163671
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:42 pm

i get numbers. 7,500 is horsehockey.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 pm

I am focused on the .0003 percent of people vaccinated dying versus 2% of diagnosed covid cases dying. Move it over one or two decimal points and I am still good.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:54 pm

I am focused on the .0003 percent of people vaccinated dying versus 2% of diagnosed covid cases dying. Move it over one or two decimal points and I am still good.
your math is bad. work off 165 million unvaxxed, not who is confirmed covid.
for now, we do stand at least a decimal point away. between one and 2 if we're lucky.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:00 pm

for now, we do stand at least a decimal point away. between one and 2 if we're lucky.
I will settle for any improvement over not being vaccinated then.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:09 pm

i'm a numbers guy, too.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:09 pm

i'm a numbers guy, too.
Ok. I am interested in anything that improves my chances of staying alive. I want to be around for my wife and kids. I let others take their chances. If a person loses, ain’t no next game or rematch.

https://wchstv.com/news/local/dhhr-wva- ... vaccinated

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cines.html
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

the numbers games do not factor in the unknowable number of covid survivors with acquired or natural immunity.

Return to “POLITICS”