Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Get ready boys!!!! Today is the day (no, really this time) that Trump is gonna get reinstated!

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-li ... ent-2021-7

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:57 am Do these sorts of GOP crazies not understand that they are damaging democracy? If so, why do they not care?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -machines/

"A bizarre security breach of a rural Colorado county’s voting system has in a matter of days escalated into a criminal probe of the clerk’s office, a ban on the county’s existing election equipment, and heightened partisan divides over election-fraud claims.

Footage that showed passwords related to the county’s voting systems was surreptitiously recorded during a May security update and published last week on a far-right blog, Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold (D) said Thursday. Griswold determined Mesa County cannot use its existing equipment for its November election.

Griswold alleged Mesa County Clerk Tina M. Peters (R) allowed the breach. A spokesperson for Mesa County confirmed a criminal probe headed by the 21st Judicial District Attorney’s Office was underway but said it was still in the early stages.

During a Thursday news conference, Griswold said Peters falsely passed off a man as a county employee and misled her office about his background check status. Days before the breach, she said Peters directed her staff to turn off the video surveillance of the voting machines, which she said has remained off until just recently.

“To be very clear; Mesa County Clerk and Recorder allowed a security breach and — by all evidence at this point — assisted it,” Griswold told reporters Thursday.

Peters did not respond to The Washington Post’s request for comment Thursday but released a statement earlier this week saying her constituents had voiced concerns about election integrity: “I have told them I will do everything in my power to protect their vote.”

Peters has spent the past several days in South Dakota at the “Cyber Symposium” held by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of the most ardent allegers of election fraud. (Lindell is being sued for defamation by Dominion Voting Systems, the company that manufactures Mesa County’s equipment.) In a keynote speech at the event Tuesday, Peters said Griswold’s investigation of her office was politically motivated.

“We would be a big jewel in our governor and our secretary of state’s crown to take over my office and control the way you vote,” Peters said, according to a recording of her speech.

The situation in Mesa County is the latest instance of how debunked claims of fraud in the 2020 election continue to ripple through the country, down to the level of local politics.

Griswold on Thursday said her office’s investigation — separate from the criminal probe recently announced by Mesa County District Attorney David Rubinstein — was about integrity, not politics.

“I think it is extremely concerning that an elected official from the state of Colorado is actively working to undermine confidence and spread misinformation about our award-wining voting system,” Griswold said.

The security breach did not affect any past elections nor will it impact future ones, on account of the roughly 40 pieces of voting equipment being decertified, Griswold said. Mesa County will be responsible for the cost of completely replacing its election equipment by the end of the month or rely on hand-counted ballots.

Colorado is widely credited as having the gold-standard for election security after implementing virtually all of the recommended protocols following Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Larry Norden, who directs the Election Reform Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law, said Colorado invests in risk-limiting audits, multifactor authentication and testing before and after elections to ensure accuracy.

“If there was a [security breach] they would catch it — but you don’t want to be in that situation if you don’t have to be,” Norden told The Post. “You prefer the systems work right the first time.”

Griswold said the leaked passwords can only be used on a physical piece of equipment in the Mesa County Clerk’s Office; various authentications and safeguards make it unlikely a random person with the passwords could have meddled with the machines.

“Nobody has the keys to the castle,” she said. She conceded that it was not implausible a “bad actor” who somehow had access to both the passwords and the physical machines could compromise the security of the equipment.

Dominion’s lawsuits against Trump allies can move forward after judge rejects arguments

After Griswold’s office learned of the breach, her investigators found an unauthorized person had been allowed into the May meeting where the secure software update was taking place. By county rules, the seven attendees are restricted to state civil servants, county employees and representatives from Dominion Voting Systems, the equipment and software manufacturer.

Peters had previously pushed for the update, known as a trusted build, to be public, which Griswold rebuffed. Griswold said the man’s presence was a violation of the rules, which Peters helped him evade.

Matt Crane, a Republican who heads the County Clerks Association and formerly served as Arapahoe County Clerk, blasted the situation in Mesa County as a “solo, intentional and selfish act.”

“We’ve heard people say that this is heroic. To be clear. There is nothing heroic or honorable about what happened in Mesa County,” Crane said while standing alongside Griswold on Thursday.

Still, he called any calls for Peters’s resignation premature: “Ultimately, it’s up to the people of Mesa County.”

Peters, who was elected in 2018, survived a 2020 recall effort. She is up for reelection in 2022."
the people of Mesa County are on the hook for the replacement equipment -- sweet! (until Peters is convicted I guess)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Louis convinced me: no green new deal:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mount_bees/s ... 3085711360
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:46 am Louis convinced me: no green new deal:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - my sides hurt.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:46 am Louis convinced me: no green new deal:

He’s a Congressman.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:53 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:50 pm

He’s a Congressman.
I know. Every time you begin to think you have seen it all, one of these loons says something like that.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So the big news today is Mike Lindell's flopalooza was a flopalozza. We have it on good authority (Mike himself) that it was antifa sabotage.

... these people are morons!! They will believe anything. :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Texas companies: Culture wars bad for business
Oriana Gonzalez
Oriana Gonzalez
Illustration of the Texas state flag forming a line pointing down.
Illustration: Shoshana Gordon/Axios
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) is pushing his conservative agenda in hopes of riling up the state's Republican base ahead of the 2022 gubernatorial election, but major corporations are not having it.

What's happening: Companies with large footprints in the Lone Star State like Dell Technologies, American Airlines Apple, and IBM have a history of publicly criticizing Abbott's policies, including on voting rights and transgender issues.

Now opposition to his anti-mask executive order is increasing and Abbott has called a special legislative session to tackle (among other things like voting restrictions) bans on vaccine and face-mask requirements in schools.
“This is a very high-risk, high-reward strategy that he is pursuing, and other national Republican leaders as well, where they simply don’t believe the Covid crisis is going to cause the amount of deaths that many health professionals are suggesting that it might," James Riddlesperger, a political-science professor at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth told the New York Times.
Abbott has long considered a pro-business Republican. He is being squeezed by his desire to boost economic development while fending off "ultra-conservative challengers in the Republican primary vote" next year, Bloomberg writes.

Notably, more liberal Texas transplants moving to the state could have an impact in the next election, Bloomberg notes.
The big picture: Abbott has hit back at companies criticizing his policies, telling Fox News that they "need to stay out of politics, especially when they have no clue what they’re talking about."

By the numbers: Abbott's popularity has been declining since 2020, according to a recent poll from the University of Texas at Austin, receiving only a 44% job approval in June, compared to his record high of 56% in April 2020.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Conservative moral values in Minnesota:

St. Thomas U's GOP chair arrested in Florida on sex trafficking allegation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/st ... uxbndlbing

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIF.FYCVi1LKR ... mgDet&rs=1

The 19-year-old new chair of the University of St. Thomas College Republicans has been arrested in Florida on allegations she aided a prominent state Republican activist in recruiting and trafficking minors for sex, according to a news release and jail records.

On Saturday, the Minnesota College Republicans issued a news release saying Gisela Castro Medina was arrested, along with Anton "Tony" Lazzaro, 30, on suspicion of "obstruction of justice, sex trafficking, and conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of underage victims."

The U.S. Attorney released an indictment and announced that Lazzaro was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors, five counts of sex trafficking of minors, one count of attempted sex trafficking of a minor, and three counts of obstruction of justice.

A second person was named on the indictment, but that name was redacted. A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office declined to comment.

According to an online log for the Okaloosa Sheriff's Department in Florida's Panhandle, Medina was arrested early Thursday evening in Fort Walton Beach on a charge of being a fugitive from justice. Her last known address was listed on Cretin Avenue in St. Paul, where St. Thomas is located.

The sheriff's site notes that she is a fugitive from the Minnesota FBI wanted on conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors.

If she is the second individual on the indictment, Medina would quickly be transferred to federal custody and be likely to make an appearance in U.S. District Court in Florida as early as Monday.

The news release from the Minnesota College Republicans said Medina had recently assumed the position of chapter chair and had not begun working "in an official capacity" on behalf of the organization.

In a phone call Saturday, state chapter chair Nia Moore said she had only spoken on the phone to Medina, who became chair in the spring, and had never met her in person. She said the party's campus chapter had not been active because students, including herself, were away from campus and attending classes remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"If I had any idea, she would not have been chair," Moore said.

The state GOP College organization's news release said, "Our prayers go out to the victims of Anton Lazzaro and Gisela Medina — we believe you. We stand with you. May justice be served."

A spokesman from the University of St. Thomas didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Meanwhile, Lazzaro remained in the Sherburne County jail. His first hearing is set for Monday. He has denied all the charges through his attorney Zachary Newland, who said, "It is always unfortunate when the federal government abuses its power."

Lazzaro had close ties to numerous high-ranking Minnesota Republicans, including state party Chair Jennifer Carnahan, who is married to U.S. Rep. Jim Hagedorn.

Carnahan did not immediately return a call Saturday seeking comment.

From October 2019 until early January 2020, Carnahan and Lazzaro co-hosted the podcast "#TruthMatters."

Carnahan has said contributions Lazzaro made to the state party will be given to charity.

Thursday's indictment ordered Lazzaro to forfeit numerous items, including "real property" at the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis, a 2010 Ferrari convertible and $371,240 seized at the hotel.

A separate court filing made last month revealed a far more extensive list of possessions seized from Lazzaro back on Dec. 15, including hundreds of gold bars of various weights and dozens more silver bars, also of various weights. Precious coins and currency from around the globe were also seized, the document read.

This organization has infected local colleges with their lies and hypocrisy for decades. While claiming to espouse Christian values and right thinking principles, they have been the proverbial sheep in wolves clothing all this time.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

delusional Lindell was not attacked, contrary to his delusional rants:

Mike Lindell Was Not Attacked, Florida Politician Who Witnessed Encounter Says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

A Florida politician who witnessed the encounter between Mike Lindell and an election fraud symposium attendee said there had been no attack against Lindell. Supporters of former President Donald Trump take a selfie with My Pillow founder Mike Lindell as they wait for the start of a rally at the Lorain County Fairgrounds on June 26, 2021 in Wellington, Ohio.
Mike Lindell claimed he was attacked last week at a South Dakota hotel, but a Florida politician who witnessed the encounter said there was no attack.

Jeff Buongiorno, a Republican congressional candidate in Florida, said he and two others who had attended Lindell's election fraud symposium were "shooting the breeze" at the hotel bar late Wednesday.

Buongiorno and the other attendees had asked to take a photo with Lindell, whom they saw in the lobby. After Buongiorno finished taking the photos, another man Buongiorno didn't know approached the group and asked to take a photo, as well.

Lindell, the MyPillow chief executive, claims the other man who asked for a photo attacked him while it was being taken, but Buongiorno, who took the photo on the man's phone, disagreed.

"There was no attack," Buongiorno said.

Republican lies and paranoia runs deep again.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:07 pm Conservative moral values in Minnesota:

St. Thomas U's GOP chair arrested in Florida on sex trafficking allegation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/st ... uxbndlbing

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIF.FYCVi1LKR ... mgDet&rs=1

The 19-year-old new chair of the University of St. Thomas College Republicans has been arrested in Florida on allegations she aided a prominent state Republican activist in recruiting and trafficking minors for sex, according to a news release and jail records.

On Saturday, the Minnesota College Republicans issued a news release saying Gisela Castro Medina was arrested, along with Anton "Tony" Lazzaro, 30, on suspicion of "obstruction of justice, sex trafficking, and conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of underage victims."

The U.S. Attorney released an indictment and announced that Lazzaro was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors, five counts of sex trafficking of minors, one count of attempted sex trafficking of a minor, and three counts of obstruction of justice.

A second person was named on the indictment, but that name was redacted. A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office declined to comment.

According to an online log for the Okaloosa Sheriff's Department in Florida's Panhandle, Medina was arrested early Thursday evening in Fort Walton Beach on a charge of being a fugitive from justice. Her last known address was listed on Cretin Avenue in St. Paul, where St. Thomas is located.

The sheriff's site notes that she is a fugitive from the Minnesota FBI wanted on conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors.

If she is the second individual on the indictment, Medina would quickly be transferred to federal custody and be likely to make an appearance in U.S. District Court in Florida as early as Monday.

The news release from the Minnesota College Republicans said Medina had recently assumed the position of chapter chair and had not begun working "in an official capacity" on behalf of the organization.

In a phone call Saturday, state chapter chair Nia Moore said she had only spoken on the phone to Medina, who became chair in the spring, and had never met her in person. She said the party's campus chapter had not been active because students, including herself, were away from campus and attending classes remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"If I had any idea, she would not have been chair," Moore said.

The state GOP College organization's news release said, "Our prayers go out to the victims of Anton Lazzaro and Gisela Medina — we believe you. We stand with you. May justice be served."

A spokesman from the University of St. Thomas didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Meanwhile, Lazzaro remained in the Sherburne County jail. His first hearing is set for Monday. He has denied all the charges through his attorney Zachary Newland, who said, "It is always unfortunate when the federal government abuses its power."

Lazzaro had close ties to numerous high-ranking Minnesota Republicans, including state party Chair Jennifer Carnahan, who is married to U.S. Rep. Jim Hagedorn.

Carnahan did not immediately return a call Saturday seeking comment.

From October 2019 until early January 2020, Carnahan and Lazzaro co-hosted the podcast "#TruthMatters."

Carnahan has said contributions Lazzaro made to the state party will be given to charity.

Thursday's indictment ordered Lazzaro to forfeit numerous items, including "real property" at the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis, a 2010 Ferrari convertible and $371,240 seized at the hotel.

A separate court filing made last month revealed a far more extensive list of possessions seized from Lazzaro back on Dec. 15, including hundreds of gold bars of various weights and dozens more silver bars, also of various weights. Precious coins and currency from around the globe were also seized, the document read.

This organization has infected local colleges with their lies and hypocrisy for decades. While claiming to espouse Christian values and right thinking principles, they have been the proverbial sheep in wolves clothing all this time.
I know St Thomas from previously D3 football though they recently moved up. Really weird place from my experience.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:17 pm
I know St Thomas from previously D3 football though they recently moved up. Really weird place from my experience.
I know what you mean. Every time you go on campus to watch sports they size up you up to see if you are some wealthy privileged upper class suburbanite. Then if in their twisted little mind you don't measure up to their standards, they look down their noses at you. Bunch of stinkin little schitzlers.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:17 pm
I know what you mean. Every time you go on campus to watch sports they size up you up to see if you are some wealthy privileged upper class suburbanite. Then if in their twisted little mind you don't measure up to their standards, they look down their noses at you. Bunch of stinkin little schitzlers.
Football coach is an Ithaca alum, what do you expect...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

More from the Republic of Florida, where resistance is futile and compliance expected:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... -mandates/

"Florida education officials determined Tuesday that the Broward and Alachua county school districts violated state law by requiring students without medical exemptions to wear masks and voted unanimously to consider penalties.

Penalties that could be imposed on the districts by the Florida Board of Education, appointed by the governor, would be the first since Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) threatened to withhold money from districts that require face coverings, saying parents should decide whether their children wear masks at school. Advancing the fight between DeSantis and school districts, the board decided that the school officials should be investigated and possibly punished, after Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran argued that the districts were not complying with the law.

Corcoran also pushed back against the Biden administration, which wrote to him and DeSantis last week saying federal funds could be available to school administrators who faced repercussions from the state.

“My recommendation is every school superintendent have to comply with the law, whether they agree with it or not,” Corcoran said.

In an emergency online meeting, board members questioned the district’s superintendents, at times combatively. Parents, teachers and officials, including state Sen. Gary Farmer (D) and Agriculture Commissioner and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Nikki Fried, called during the public comment period, expressing a range of heated opinions from disdain for mask mandates to support for the counties facing penalties.

“Shame on all of you,” Fried told the board. “How embarrassing that you may be more afraid of the governor than you are for the lives of our children and teachers who are already getting sick and dying in record numbers.”

Most Americans support mandating masks in schools, and there is widespread opposition across party lines to states withholding funds from school districts that require masks, according to an Axios/Ipsos poll.

School superintendents have pleaded with DeSantis to allow them to adopt mask requirements that follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which advises that masks be worn indoors at schools, especially while children younger than 12 remain ineligible for the authorized coronavirus vaccines.

Carlee Simon, superintendent of Alachua County Public Schools, told the board that the district’s mask mandate does not infringe on the state’s requirements because parents could still opt out by using Florida’s Hope Scholarship voucher program to transfer their children to private schools. But board member Ben Gibson said the scholarship was meant to be used for students experiencing harassment related to coronavirus safety protocols. He added that the process to receive the state scholarship is “burdensome.”

Broward County interim schools superintendent Vickie Cartwright said the county had five available pediatric ICU beds amid the rampant spread of the delta variant.

Neither superintendent immediately responded to requests for comment after the meeting.

Debate over the need for mask mandates comes as some school districts that have recently restarted classes have reported rising case numbers.

Hillsborough County Public Schools, whose more than 220,00 students make it one of the largest districts in the state, has 8,400 students and 307 staff members either in isolation because of a positive test or in quarantine after coming into close contact with someone who tested positive.

In Alachua County, 162 students and 58 staff members have tested positive in the past 14 days, after school resumed last week. Classes have not yet started in Broward County, which has reported 315 cases among employees and 13 cases among students.

The board’s penalties for school officials in those counties could range from withholding funding to removing school officials, an idea floated by the board’s chairman, Tom Grady. He said the board had to decide whether the counties violated state law, distancing himself from the politicization of face coverings.

“The issue isn’t whether or not mandates or masks are good or bad,” Grady said.

But as board members grilled the superintendents, the questioning strayed from potential violations to unrelated topics.

At one point, Grady questioned how much it cost Simon to provide interviews to news outlets. He also inquired about how much Cartwright’s school district paid its public relations staff.

The contentious inquiry comes as officials fear more cases among children returning to class with record-breaking infection numbers in the state, where the seven-day average for new cases reached a high Tuesday of 24,716.

On Saturday, Simon told The Washington Post that after a week into the school year, she had heard of students coming to class after being exposed to the coronavirus at home.

“We know we have people who have positivity rates at home, and we have families who are still choosing to bring their children to school,” she said. “When they do that, they’re essentially bringing covid into our buildings, and that’s putting everyone at risk.”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

We've been trying to tell MD this is him...but he just keeps digging his heels in. ;) :lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m still hanging in by a hair myself.

Advocates don’t want a two party system it gets in their way. They’d rather it implode and has the keys to one side Carte Blanche. That’s all stuff like this is.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:36 am
We've been trying to tell MD this is him...but he just keeps digging his heels in. ;) :lol: :lol:
yup; stubborn cuss.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Anti Reproductive Rights
Intolerant Ultra Nationalistic
Pro-Theocracy
Subjugate Women
Obsessed With Guns
Hate USA and USA Government
Outlaw Masking

Return to “POLITICS”