All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

PizzaSnake

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

Ole Miss.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... ississippi

'Surging coronavirus cases in Mississippi led state health officials to request a military ship from the Biden administration to prevent the collapse of its health care system.

The state’s Director of Health Protection Jim Craig said Mississippi requested a military hospital ship like the USNS Comfort, which treated ailing patients in New York last year, according to ABC News.

"We began conversations with them," Craig said during a briefing. "The way that you do that is put a request in for the resource. So we have requested information about how the USNS Comfort and-or its resources could ... come and provide assistance in the state of Mississippi."

University of Mississippi School of Medicine Dean LouAnn Woodward said Wednesday the University of Mississippi Medical Center is treating 127 COVID-19 patients and 26 of them are children, ABC reported. Woodward added that 90 percent of the patients hospitalized due to the virus are not vaccinated.

“The Mississippi hospital system will fail within the next five to seven or 10 days if the current trajectory continues,” she said.'
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Grifters gonna grift.

"Sen. Rand Paul revealed Wednesday in a disclosure that was more than a year overdue that his wife in February 2020 bought up to $15,000 worth of shares in Gilead Sciences, a biotech company that brought to market the first drug designed to treat COVID-19.

The mandatory filing with the Senate by Paul (R-Ky.) shows that his wife purchased between $1,000 and $15,000 worth of Gilead stock on Feb. 26, 2020.
Grifty, but probably not so profitable. GILD stock was $70-71 that day. Went up to $84, which was when Petey advised us all to buy.

Tanked immediately after Petey's buy rec, going all the way down to $57. $70 today.

Had you listened to Petey, you'd be down 17% over the period. While the S&P 500 is up 55% over the same period.

Perfect encapsulation of our favorite Gator troll boy.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Oklahoma.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/20 ... 569324001/

'Oklahoma hospitals are at their limits once again.

COVID-19 hospitalizations have climbed rapidly in the past month, now reaching levels not seen since early 2021.

On Wednesday, the three-day average for COVID-19 hospitalizations was 1,102 — the first time it rose over 1,000 since early February. Forty-nine pediatric hospitalizations were included in that number, and 294 people were in ICU beds with COVID-19.

Intensive-care unit beds are scarce, so some patients are now being sent out of state for treatment — wherever their doctors can find a bed for them. Larger Oklahoma hospitals are forced to deny requests from smaller facilities to transfer patients in, simply because there’s no space.

A national and statewide nursing shortage, a problem worsened by the burden of the pandemic, was already putting a strain on hospitals before the latest surge. Already weary health care workers are exhausted again.

This is what health care workers are up against in Oklahoma hospitals, they said in interviews. They’re asking Oklahomans to take precautions to protect themselves and others, like getting vaccinated and wearing a mask, to stop the rapid spread of the delta variant.'

But, but, Petey the birdbrain says masks don't work...

Who should I believe?

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:08 pm
:lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

finding good trends coming into the school season isn't easy.
uk halted their case slide and might be trending back up.
high vaccine locales uk and israel and probably others feeling delta's wrath.

mucho states potentially 2-3 weeks behind the hard hit ones in the south and itching to go parabolic.

my boys at ihme i will credit them if we top off @ 1000 deaths a day, but i'm taking the over.

studies keep popping off on how the vaxxes are getting worse with delta with time.

only silver linings i can see is convalescent immunity contributing some, scary local news keeps ticking up near term vaxxing and behavior, and the death count so far relative to hospitalization has been better than previously.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:11 pm
Grifters gonna grift.

"Sen. Rand Paul revealed Wednesday in a disclosure that was more than a year overdue that his wife in February 2020 bought up to $15,000 worth of shares in Gilead Sciences, a biotech company that brought to market the first drug designed to treat COVID-19.

The mandatory filing with the Senate by Paul (R-Ky.) shows that his wife purchased between $1,000 and $15,000 worth of Gilead stock on Feb. 26, 2020.
Grifty, but probably not so profitable. GILD stock was $70-71 that day. Went up to $84, which was when Petey advised us all to buy.

Tanked immediately after Petey's buy rec, going all the way down to $57. $70 today.

Had you listened to Petey, you'd be down 17% over the period. While the S&P 500 is up 55% over the same period.

Perfect encapsulation of our favorite Gator troll boy.
We should move on as he’s moved on to sponsoring SPACs that acquire Pre revenue EV related businesses
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:18 pm Just in time supply. You see the states that have had lower vaccination rates, send them fewer doses, & divert the projected excess supply overseas early enough so that it does not expire. Oversupply is a luxury. Logistics 101.

charity begins at home so I have a better idea: tell those idiots who refuse to vaccinate to have their children vaxxed --- the result: a safer and better society
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Please recall that I have a law degree. We discussed the 1905 case on another forum and I pointed out that the USSC was as politically and socially conservative as can be. An ultra right wing court set this precedent and, according to CONservative principle of stare decisis it CANNOT be overturned.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:08 pm
:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:36 pm finding good trends coming into the school season isn't easy.

mucho states potentially 2-3 weeks behind the hard hit ones in the south and itching to go parabolic.

my boys at ihme i will credit them if we top off @ 1000 deaths a day, but i'm taking the over.

studies keep popping off on how the vaxxes are getting worse with delta with time.

only silver linings i can see is convalescent immunity contributing some, scary local news keeps ticking up near term vaxxing and behavior, and the death count so far relative to hospitalization has been better than previously.
... the course of this wave will depend on how people handle the back to school. Unfortunately it looks like we have a number of states that are determined to not handle it well.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:36 pm finding good trends coming into the school season isn't easy.

... the course of this wave will depend on how people handle the back to school. Unfortunately it looks like we have a number of states that are determined to not handle it well.

You got to stop belittling Democratic governors. We all agree: they’re the worst.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/florid ... lizations/

Officials in one Florida county are calling on residents to use emergency hotlines in moderation as a surge in COVID-19 cases overflow local hospitals and inundate ambulance services. Mark Schollmeyer, the Brevard County fire chief, explained how the surge is creating issues for first responders.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:07 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/florid ... lizations/

Officials in one Florida county are calling on residents to use emergency hotlines in moderation as a surge in COVID-19 cases overflow local hospitals and inundate ambulance services. Mark Schollmeyer, the Brevard County fire chief, explained how the surge is creating issues for first responders.

You should wear eight masks. It’s the only way to survive.

F6A6F2D4-9983-4D1A-B845-6594B8E66A45.jpeg
F6A6F2D4-9983-4D1A-B845-6594B8E66A45.jpeg (139.48 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i haven't seen anything that suggests back to school, in school, has been any kind of a factor.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:07 pm

i haven't seen anything that suggests back to school, in school, has been any kind of a factor.
Have you seen anything that suggests it helps?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

nope. cdc doc i read last night on florida from last year, 2.8 million kids, intimated it was a wash plenty of times on covid spread.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:30 pm nope. cdc doc i read last night on florida from last year, 2.8 million kids, intimated it was a wash plenty of times on covid spread.
Ok. Was that with a more transmissible variant? I hope they mask up at the very least. State should hand out good masks amd hope we get lucky.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:35 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:30 pm nope. cdc doc i read last night on florida from last year, 2.8 million kids, intimated it was a wash plenty of times on covid spread.
Ok. Was that with a more transmissible variant? I hope they mask up at the very least. State should hand out good masks amd hope we get lucky.
no, it was pre-vaccine and pre-delta. move to utah?

Return to “POLITICS”