All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:47 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:28 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 pm Hundreds of thousands of doses of covid vaccine expiring in the US, as Biden hectors US vaccine hesitant & deniers, rather than sending the doses overseas, where they are desperately needed, before they expire. ...he can't blame this one on Trump. You could see this coming.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/us-battles-de ... d=79404935
Not sure Biden can be blamed as this problem mostly occurs in Red states such as, Among the states reporting a high number of expiring doses are several states with low vaccination rates, like Alabama and Arkansas, where coronavirus cases and hospitalizations have been on the rise for weeks. Mississippi was also highlighted. The fact that tRump still refuses to go on the air and demand that people take the vax leaves the blame at his feet to a very large extent. IMO.
So what ? Biden's President of ALL the states & controls the distribution. You could see the slower uptake months in advance. Incompetence.
:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:50 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 pm Hundreds of thousands of doses of covid vaccine expiring in the US, as Biden hectors US vaccine hesitant & deniers, rather than sending the doses overseas, where they are desperately needed, before they expire. ...he can't blame this one on Trump. You could see this coming.

Not sure Biden can be blamed as this problem mostly occurs in Red states such as, Among the states reporting a high number of expiring doses are several states with low vaccination rates, like Alabama and Arkansas, where coronavirus cases and hospitalizations have been on the rise for weeks. Mississippi was also highlighted. The fact that tRump still refuses to go on the air and demand that people take the vax leaves the blame at his feet to a very large extent. IMO.
So what ? Biden's President of ALL the states & controls the distribution. You could see the slower uptake months in advance. Incompetence.
...that's your friends in India laughing about US vaccine hoarding.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:47 pm c'mon brooksie, i know you read more than just the first couple words. you coulda just thrown shade on trump and left it at that.
california 4 weeks ago was already well over 100k. north carolina in the article is on the cusp of tossing maybe more than all other states named combined in 2 weeks. states of all colors are mentioned, but dare i say there are few that have been just peachy with it. or a distinct minority anyway.

it's happening everywhere, and unless the writer didn't do any digging there's no real plan yet to get it to stop. you'd think they could've mapped all this out a month or 2 ago. we should've hired a logistics company a long time ago.

all that said, i am not surprised. big ship. covered in red tape.

It may be happening everywhere as you say but the article points out that it is mostly in those Red states where delusionals of the far wrong are deluding people into thinking that the vax will create a 666 on your arm or forehead. Facts are what they are. Blame the writer and the facts, don't blame me.
Last edited by Brooklyn on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:50 pm

...that's your friends in India laughing about US vaccine hoarding.
:lol: :lol: BTW, They are already vaccinated.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Salty,

You know better than that. It's the old story of leading the horse to the water. If if the gasping horse is too stupid to drink and persists in walking the desert while parched then so be it. Biden has given them the vax but they are too stupid to use it. How can you possibly blame him for their stupidity???
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... n-to-court

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vowed on Wednesday to take any school or local government that defies his executive order barring mask mandates "to court" after he challenged a Dallas mask order."

Call his bluff; swamp the judicial system with this nonsense. What a f&ckwit.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:47 pm c'mon brooksie, i know you read more than just the first couple words. you coulda just thrown shade on trump and left it at that.
california 4 weeks ago was already well over 100k. north carolina in the article is on the cusp of tossing maybe more than all other states named combined in 2 weeks. states of all colors are mentioned, but dare i say there are few that have been just peachy with it. or a distinct minority anyway.

it's happening everywhere, and unless the writer didn't do any digging there's no real plan yet to get it to stop. you'd think they could've mapped all this out a month or 2 ago. we should've hired a logistics company a long time ago.

all that said, i am not surprised. big ship. covered in red tape.

It may be happening everywhere as you say but the article points out that it is mostly in those Red states where delusionals of the far wrong are deluding people into thinking that the vax will create a 666 on your arm or forehead. Facts are what they are. Blame the writer and the facts, don't blame me.
huh? quick read they mention 13 states, 7 red, 6 blue. by far the biggest numbers in blue states. one of the reds total at end of last month was 5k+. north carolina is on the cusp of maybe tossing a half million alone.
what you quoted was "among the states". the mostly part was your poetic license.

maybe there's a tally somewhere if it matters? it's a problem everywhere. if even one state doesn't know or have plans to offload them (or is looking to extend expiry), it's likely (imo) that few or none do. yet.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 pm
Salty,

You know better than that. It's the old story of leading the horse to the water. If if the gasping horse is too stupid to drink and persists in walking the desert while parched then so be it. Biden has given them the vax but they are too stupid to use it. How can you possibly blame him for their stupidity???
Just in time supply. You see the states that have had lower vaccination rates, send them fewer doses, & divert the projected excess supply overseas early enough so that it does not expire. Oversupply is a luxury. Logistics 101.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:13 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... n-to-court

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vowed on Wednesday to take any school or local government that defies his executive order barring mask mandates "to court" after he challenged a Dallas mask order."

What is it with liberals and masks?!?

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

Also, https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN27Y1YW
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:19 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:13 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... n-to-court

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

What is it with f&cktards and "freedumb"?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

Again, you don't comprehend or completely read the articles you link. They test the ability to keep the mask wearer from getting infected (and the mask do reduce the risk, but modestly in the study) but do NOT measure whether the others in the space are protected from getting the disease from a mask wearing infected person.

And the article quite explicitly points this out:
The findings are consistent with previous research. Health experts have long said a mask provides only limited protection for the person wearing it, but can dramatically reduce the risk to others if the wearer is infected, even when showing no symptoms. Preventing the spread to others is known as source control.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

The Taliban are right. Full burkhas are the way to go.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

What is it with f&cktards and "freedumb"?

Whatever you’re doing in life is no way to go through it, pizza.

26E1021D-240C-41DB-99FC-56008B6BAF66.jpeg
26E1021D-240C-41DB-99FC-56008B6BAF66.jpeg (45.23 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

Open your ears, open your mind, breathe, stretch, and try (for once) to be skeptical of your favorite media sources. They’re poisoning your brain.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

The Taliban are right. Full burkhas are the way to go.

From ‘two weeks to suppress’ to full burka, for some here, isn’t too much of a stretch.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Hmmmmmm. I think I know.

Again, you don't comprehend or completely read the articles you link. They test the ability to keep the mask wearer from getting infected (and the mask do reduce the risk, but modestly in the study) but do NOT measure whether the others in the space are protected from getting the disease from a mask wearing infected person.

And the article quite explicitly points this out:
The findings are consistent with previous research. Health experts have long said a mask provides only limited protection for the person wearing it, but can dramatically reduce the risk to others if the wearer is infected, even when showing no symptoms. Preventing the spread to others is known as source control.
actually, in the study it said there was no conclusion to be drawn on reducing one's own risk, modestly or not.
still waiting on the source control studies.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:18 pm
Salty,

Just in time supply. You see the states that have had lower vaccination rates, send them fewer doses, & divert the projected excess supply overseas early enough so that it does not expire. Oversupply is a luxury. Logistics 101.
https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/covid-1 ... 0Urban,IHS

COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation
The federal government makes specific amounts of FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine doses available to states and jurisdictions on a weekly basis.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:18 pm
Salty,

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/covid-1 ... 0Urban,IHS

COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation
The federal government makes specific amounts of FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine doses available to states and jurisdictions on a weekly basis.
I think there's a fair argument to be made that we should have done far, far more in rallying the world to effective vaccinations. Want to say that the Biden Admin should have done more, worldwide? ok

Whole different problem, though, with overestimating the intelligence of the American people and underestimating the impact of the misinformation campaign against masks and then vaccines.

Sure, some vaxx could have been diverted overseas, but clearly the Admin wanted to be very sure that supply was never the issue in maximizing shots in arms here in the US. Right or wrong, that's what they prioritized.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Grifters gonna grift.

"Sen. Rand Paul revealed Wednesday in a disclosure that was more than a year overdue that his wife in February 2020 bought up to $15,000 worth of shares in Gilead Sciences, a biotech company that brought to market the first drug designed to treat COVID-19.

The mandatory filing with the Senate by Paul (R-Ky.) shows that his wife purchased between $1,000 and $15,000 worth of Gilead stock on Feb. 26, 2020.

Gilead’s antiviral drug remdesivir became the first COVID-19-specific treatment to win an emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration less that three months after the purchase in May 2020.

Paul’s disclosure raised eyebrows among government ethics experts, especially because it came a whopping 16 months later than legally required."

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/rand-paul ... last-year/
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

The older he gets, the more I appreciate the "Barbarian". A fine Austrian vintage.

https://www.sfgate.com/california-polit ... 382436.php

'"There is a virus here, it kills people," he said. "The only way we prevent it is get vaccinated, get masks, do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about, 'Well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.' No, screw your freedom. Because with freedom comes obligations and responsibilities, you cannot just say, 'I have the right to do X, Y and Z,' when you affect other people, that is when it gets serious. It's no different from a traffic light, you put a traffic light at an intersection so someone doesn't kill someone else."'

'"Yeah, you have the freedom to wear no mask, but you know something? You’re a schmuck for not wearing a mask," he said. "You are supposed to protect your fellow Americans around you. It's just that simple."'

Back when Republicans were sensible.

Hey Petey, are stoplights an infringement of your "freedumb"?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Return to “POLITICS”