All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:12 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:31 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:37 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:05 am Many young, healthy people do a personal risk assessment on whether or not to take the vaccine.
Given that it is still an Emergency Use Authorization indicates that it is not yet possible to know the long term effects.

We've encountered many young female vet techs & health care workers who fear potential fertility & birth defect risks, yet unknown.
So far, they prefer to take the risk of surviving the infection. If Delta produces significantly more hospitalizations & serious illness among the young without high risk factors, more will accept the vaccination.

When the govt cites broad categories of stats, without distinguishing or controlling for risk factors within the group cited, it undermines confidence in the motives of the govt.
2% of the 199,000,000 cases opened up have ended in death. Enough people don’t get vaccinated, we may get to Zeta. When these people are sitting at home and perhaps out of work, it’s not “the government’s fault”….it’s ain’t called a novel virus for nothing. Wishful thinking and prayers may eventually help…. You speak for all those people?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6528469/

All lies.
I speak only for myself -- I'm vaccinated. I'm passing along what decliners have told me.
They need to be convinced. What's been done has not worked on them.
They are accurate when the say none of us know the long term effects of these vaccines still under an EUSA.

Estimates are that the rest of the globe won't have vaccine avail to all willing to take it until sometme in 2023.
We'll have zeta here by then, unless we close our borders.
Strict social distancing works even better…but but.

Democrats in action, nothing beats it!!!

1. Lori Beetlejuice Lightfoot attends 250,000 person Lollapalooza event maskless

https://abc7chicago.com/lollapalooza-20 ... /10924383/

3. Mayor Bowser of DC officiates a maskless wedding after telling the citizens they must wear masks!

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/video-dc-ma ... sk-mandate

3. Obama to host 500 person, 200 staff birthday party at his Martha’s Vineyard oceanfront compound (global warming doesn’t happen on the Vineyard!!! :lol: )

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-vineyard

Man, love to see this!!! Will MDLax peel away from Desantis Derangement to criticize these Democratic politicians?! :lol: :lol:
I'm 100% ok with critiquing any actual hypocrisy from any of these elected officials. And certainly any stumbles in messaging.

Tell me, what was or will be the vaccine status of the participants?
Is that confirmed status?

Are the events inside or outside?
What was the ventilation, if inside at all...were ANY participants, whether guests or staff unvaccinated?

This mask mandate for inside is all about the inability to control for, in lots of situations, the vaccination status of those around you.

If everyone is vaccinated, risk goes nearly to nil...but if not, it's a problem in areas where Delta is present.
... the Chicago rock concert required presentation of proof of vaccination (Federal vaccination card), or a clean COVID test within 2 days before the concert and wear a mask. It was an outdoor event. Lots of unvaccinated folks tried to attend without COVID test but were turned away at the gates. According to reports. The organizers apparently followed guidelines.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I gather jhu72 did not see the videos of those being waved through the entrance gates in Chicago.

https://twitter.com/jaymalgreen/status/ ... 86499?s=21

Or the gate crashers themselves.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 94497?s=21

I should be paid by Fanlax to do this fact checking, as embarrassing as it is for Democrats.
uh huh, so what this shows is that the process of checking status was very loose, practically an 'honor' system...but attendees didn't know that beforehand, they thought they were going to need to show proof...were there scofflaws? I bet there were, but behavioral science says that people actually obey such requirements at a very high rate.

Contrast this with a rally where most of the attendees are openly defiant of vax or mask or testing or whatever the current public health guidance might be. Indeed, where there are zero requirements...on purpose.

Which is more dangerous as a spreader?

Is Lollapalooza a Democratic event???

Another MD preferred liberal narrative fails. Looks like Martha’s Vineyard is now a hot spot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/2021/0 ... ards-again

Covid-19 cases have shot back up on Martha’s Vineyard, with health agents reporting 48 new positive tests during the first week in August, including three case clusters at Edgartown businesses.

Should Obama have hosted the party now?!

Will the liberal narrative ever cease to amuse :lol:
Let's just say that I haven't hosted any such parties. (nor did I vote for him)
But yeah, if you're gonna do any large gatherings, they need to be outside and everyone vaccinated. My understanding is that's what they did, or certainly intended...which is surely better than what some other mega events that are happening, with people both inside a lot, unmasked, and defiantly not vaccinated.

I didn't see the Obama's event listed as a nexus for any outbreaks, maybe I missed that? I can certainly imagine that there are clusters of unvaccinated folks on the island.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4gXuGgaiJM

Another person who no longer is convinced tRump's disease is a "hoax".
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:13 am

Happy she made it. Hopefully her long term health issues aren’t bad. Buddy had it last year. He hasn’t been the same since. Recently forced to retire. He suffered it before a vaccine was available.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:12 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:31 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:37 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:05 am Many young, healthy people do a personal risk assessment on whether or not to take the vaccine.
Given that it is still an Emergency Use Authorization indicates that it is not yet possible to know the long term effects.

We've encountered many young female vet techs & health care workers who fear potential fertility & birth defect risks, yet unknown.
So far, they prefer to take the risk of surviving the infection. If Delta produces significantly more hospitalizations & serious illness among the young without high risk factors, more will accept the vaccination.

When the govt cites broad categories of stats, without distinguishing or controlling for risk factors within the group cited, it undermines confidence in the motives of the govt.
2% of the 199,000,000 cases opened up have ended in death. Enough people don’t get vaccinated, we may get to Zeta. When these people are sitting at home and perhaps out of work, it’s not “the government’s fault”….it’s ain’t called a novel virus for nothing. Wishful thinking and prayers may eventually help…. You speak for all those people?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6528469/

All lies.
I speak only for myself -- I'm vaccinated. I'm passing along what decliners have told me.
They need to be convinced. What's been done has not worked on them.
They are accurate when the say none of us know the long term effects of these vaccines still under an EUSA.

Estimates are that the rest of the globe won't have vaccine avail to all willing to take it until sometme in 2023.
We'll have zeta here by then, unless we close our borders.
Strict social distancing works even better…but but.

Democrats in action, nothing beats it!!!

1. Lori Beetlejuice Lightfoot attends 250,000 person Lollapalooza event maskless

https://abc7chicago.com/lollapalooza-20 ... /10924383/

3. Mayor Bowser of DC officiates a maskless wedding after telling the citizens they must wear masks!

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/video-dc-ma ... sk-mandate

3. Obama to host 500 person, 200 staff birthday party at his Martha’s Vineyard oceanfront compound (global warming doesn’t happen on the Vineyard!!! :lol: )

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-vineyard

Man, love to see this!!! Will MDLax peel away from Desantis Derangement to criticize these Democratic politicians?! :lol: :lol:
I'm 100% ok with critiquing any actual hypocrisy from any of these elected officials. And certainly any stumbles in messaging.

Tell me, what was or will be the vaccine status of the participants?
Is that confirmed status?

Are the events inside or outside?
What was the ventilation, if inside at all...were ANY participants, whether guests or staff unvaccinated?

This mask mandate for inside is all about the inability to control for, in lots of situations, the vaccination status of those around you.

If everyone is vaccinated, risk goes nearly to nil...but if not, it's a problem in areas where Delta is present.
... the Chicago rock concert required presentation of proof of vaccination (Federal vaccination card), or a clean COVID test within 2 days before the concert and wear a mask. It was an outdoor event. Lots of unvaccinated folks tried to attend without COVID test but were turned away at the gates. According to reports. The organizers apparently followed guidelines.

I gather jhu72 did not see the videos of those being waved through the entrance gates in Chicago.

https://twitter.com/jaymalgreen/status/ ... 86499?s=21

Or the gate crashers themselves.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 94497?s=21

I should be paid by Fanlax to do this fact checking, as embarrassing as it is for Democrats.
uh huh, so what this shows is that the process of checking status was very loose, practically an 'honor' system...but attendees didn't know that beforehand, they thought they were going to need to show proof...were there scofflaws? I bet there were, but behavioral science says that people actually obey such requirements at a very high rate.

Contrast this with a rally where most of the attendees are openly defiant of vax or mask or testing or whatever the current public health guidance might be. Indeed, where there are zero requirements...on purpose.

Which is more dangerous as a spreader?

Is Lollapalooza a Democratic event???

Another MD preferred liberal narrative fails. Looks like Martha’s Vineyard is now a hot spot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/2021/0 ... ards-again

Covid-19 cases have shot back up on Martha’s Vineyard, with health agents reporting 48 new positive tests during the first week in August, including three case clusters at Edgartown businesses.

Should Obama have hosted the party now?!

Will the liberal narrative ever cease to amuse :lol:
... clearly the event did not follow their published rules in the case of the "Naperville Kids". Their bad. Where was security?

... I can't help but laugh at what you think you have with the Jaymal Green video. :lol: There is no security problem shown there. Only idiot bait. Notice that each of the individuals entering was wearing a colored armband as they entered, also showing their federal vaccination card. The crowd didn't just walk or run through those gates. The attendees had to check in with the security tent outside the venue to get their arm bands after their documentation was checked and approved. Checking for valid documentation was an advertised security feature.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:13 am

So it doesn’t intrigue you like it does me that a person in a hospital sick with Covid (ummm, isn’t breathing hard with Covid?) takes the time to be interviewed by the news?

That seems to me to be the first question I’d ask. “If you are sick and having difficulty breathing, why the he// are you speaking with us?”

But hey, go ahead and keep posting.
Typical Lax Dad

The police are on our side!!
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 pm

Whenever the left goes all in on something, a great rule of thumb is to ask “why”.

Masks are one such example. As yourself why they are so hysterical about masks, and no, it’s got nothing to do with health. If it did, just point to them successful no-mask countries like Sweden, or heavily-masked unsuccessful countries/states like Israel and New York.

Now of course comes the great turn of ‘vaccines weren’t meant to ward off infection’. :lol:

Ask tiyrsekf why the left demands masks. I think it will answer your gnawing unease with what the left is all about. Do it. It won’t hurt you to ask the difficult questions. I promise you’ll be better off in the end.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Whenever the left goes all in on something, a great rule of thumb is to ask “why”.

Masks are one such example. As yourself why they are so hysterical about masks, and no, it’s got nothing to do with health. If it did, just point to them successful no-mask countries like Sweden, or heavily-masked unsuccessful countries/states like Israel and New York.

Now of course comes the great turn of ‘vaccines weren’t meant to ward off infection’. :lol:

Ask tiyrsekf why the left demands masks. I think it will answer your gnawing unease with what the left is all about. Do it. It won’t hurt you to ask the difficult questions. I promise you’ll be better off in the end.
... 100% bullsh*t.

So tells us, why are people calling for the use of masks if it isn't health concern?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:18 pm

... 100% bullsh*t.

So tells us, why are people calling for the use of masks if it isn't health concern?
That’s American gumption in that video!
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“Liberté, égalité, fraternité ”

Good to see the French are just like the rest of the world: stupid. Pete, you thinking of moving to France to joinyour brothers in arms?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... re-attacks
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:57 am
So it doesn’t intrigue you like it does me that a person in a hospital sick with Covid (ummm, isn’t breathing hard with Covid?) takes the time to be interviewed by the news?

That seems to me to be the first question I’d ask. “If you are sick and having difficulty breathing, why the he// are you speaking with us?”

Are you suggesting she is getting paid for her time in front of the camera?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:06 pm “Liberté, égalité, fraternité ”

Good to see the French are just like the rest of the world: stupid. Pete, you thinking of moving to France to joinyour brothers in arms?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... re-attacks
Do Patriots buy “French” Fries now?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:09 pm

I’m suggesting someone here is insane. Either the patient or the cameraman. Who do you think it is?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Hundreds of thousands of doses of covid vaccine expiring in the US, as Biden hectors US vaccine hesitant & deniers, rather than sending the doses overseas, where they are desperately needed, before they expire. ...he can't blame this one on Trump. You could see this coming.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/us-battles-de ... d=79404935
Last edited by old salt on Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:15 pm I’m suggesting someone here is insane. Either the patient or the cameraman. Who do you think it is?

Dunno for sure but could it possibly be the critic? Sure as heck ain't me. :lol:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 pm Hundreds of thousands of doses of covid vaccine expiring in the US, as Biden hectors US vaccine hesitant & deniers, rather than sending the doses overseas, where they are desperately needed, before they expire. ...he can't blame this one on Trump. You could see this coming.

Not sure Biden can be blamed as this problem mostly occurs in Red states such as, Among the states reporting a high number of expiring doses are several states with low vaccination rates, like Alabama and Arkansas, where coronavirus cases and hospitalizations have been on the rise for weeks. Mississippi was also highlighted. The fact that tRump still refuses to go on the air and demand that people take the vax leaves the blame at his feet to a very large extent. IMO.

Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 pm Hundreds of thousands of doses of covid vaccine expiring in the US, as Biden hectors US vaccine hesitant & deniers, rather than sending the doses overseas, where they are desperately needed, before they expire. ...he can't blame this one on Trump. You could see this coming.

He should have sent the excess supply overseas like we did with the PPE.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:15 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:09 pm

I’m suggesting someone here is insane. Either the patient or the cameraman. Who do you think it is?
You.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Not sure Biden can be blamed as this problem mostly occurs in Red states such as, Among the states reporting a high number of expiring doses are several states with low vaccination rates, like Alabama and Arkansas, where coronavirus cases and hospitalizations have been on the rise for weeks. Mississippi was also highlighted. The fact that tRump still refuses to go on the air and demand that people take the vax leaves the blame at his feet to a very large extent. IMO.
c'mon brooksie, i know you read more than just the first couple words. you coulda just thrown shade on trump and left it at that.
california 4 weeks ago was already well over 100k. north carolina in the article is on the cusp of tossing maybe more than all other states named combined in 2 weeks. states of all colors are mentioned, but dare i say there are few that have been just peachy with it. or a distinct minority anyway.

it's happening everywhere, and unless the writer didn't do any digging there's no real plan yet to get it to stop. you'd think they could've mapped all this out a month or 2 ago. we should've hired a logistics company a long time ago.

all that said, i am not surprised. big ship. covered in red tape.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:28 pm

So what ? Biden's President of ALL the states & controls the distribution. You could see the slower uptake months in advance. Incompetence.

Return to “POLITICS”