Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cagekeeper

Re: Syracuse

Post by Cagekeeper »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:07 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:41 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 am Looks like K Train had solved her goalie problem. With a plus one. Wassup Women of Troy?
She took in two goalie transfers. It’ll be interesting. Getting a bit crowded 🤣

How many Goalies can you have in the cage during a game? Answer : ONE
How many Goalies can actually be the Backup to the starter? Answer : See the answer above

How many Goalies transfer from sitting on the Bench at one school to sitting on the Bench at another school? Answer : TBD
How many Goalies will transfer a SECOND time because they chose poorly the first time? Answer : TBD
This exactly is what I’ve said many times. Why would make a player transfer to a school that already had four goalies. Because you have to take into consideration that nobody knew that concordia was leaving. Unless you were promised the starting position? I can’t see it being scholarship. How much money could they possibly have left with the roster size they have and the price tag of Syracuse is quite large just think it’s crazy
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:19 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 am Looks like K Train had solved her goalie problem. With a plus one. Wassup Women of Troy?

How many Goalies can actually be the Backup to the starter? Answer : See the answer above

How many Goalies transfer from sitting on the Bench at one school to sitting on the Bench at another school? Answer : TBD
How many Goalies will transfer a SECOND time because they chose poorly the first time? Answer : TBD
This exactly is what I’ve said many times. Why would make a player transfer to a school that already had four goalies. Because you have to take into consideration that nobody knew that concordia was leaving. Unless you were promised the starting position? I can’t see it being scholarship. How much money could they possibly have left with the roster size they have and the price tag of Syracuse is quite large just think it’s crazy

Maybe Sweitzer is going to be the backup on the Men's team? I think she only played a year or two of Girls HS Lax because she was the Backup on the Boys team.
Last edited by LarryGamLax on Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Katie Rowan, all-time leading scorer for Syracuse will have her jersey retired during the coming 21-22 season.

hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Yeah Sweitzer transferring from USC to Cuse right after Hower transferred there from UNC is strange. Wonder what they both were told. Considering Sweitzer transferred second, and after Treanor was hired, you'd have to think Hower could be the one in trouble. PSU has no returning goalie option. Not sure why that wouldn't have been an option for a lot of these goalies that aren't getting playing time at good schools. Sweitzer is from PA. That would have made a lot of sense.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

hmmm wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Yeah Sweitzer transferring from USC to Cuse right after Hower transferred there from UNC is strange. Wonder what they both were told. Considering Sweitzer transferred second, and after Treanor was hired, you'd have to think Hower could be the one in trouble. PSU has no returning goalie option. Not sure why that wouldn't have been an option for a lot of these goalies that aren't getting playing time at good schools. Sweitzer is from PA. That would have made a lot of sense.
The Sweitzer sisters would appear to be a package deal, so maybe this played into the decision. In an interesting twist, Munday cleaned house on her staff at USC and hired herself an ex orange goalie coach. Strange days in Hollywood.

https://phillylacrosse.com/2021/sweitze ... -syracuse/
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:50 pm

The Sweitzer sisters would appear to be a package deal, so maybe this played into the decision. In an interesting twist, Munday cleaned house on her staff at USC and hired herself an ex orange goalie coach. Strange days in Hollywood.

They absolutely were a package deal but considering the roster losses at PSU you'd think they would take both of them. They have an incoming freshman and a walk-on sophomore as the only goalies on the roster.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

hmmm wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:54 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:50 pm

They absolutely were a package deal but considering the roster losses at PSU you'd think they would take both of them. They have an incoming freshman and a walk-on sophomore as the only goalies on the roster.
Kids are transferring out of PSU, not to it. Not very happy in happy valley.
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:36 pm Kids are transferring out of PSU, not to it. Not very happy in happy valley.
We know Dirks signed with Carolina. GK Suplee entered the portal but I haven't heard if she signed elsewhere. What other players have left?
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:00 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am
laxer12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:42 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:07 pm Lizzie Colson, Maryland - Grad. Student, Defense; Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Sr., Goalie; Charlotte North, Boston College - Sr., Attack;
Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Sr., Attack; Izzy Scane, Northwestern - Jr., Attack

In hindsight, who might Tyrrell have taken the place of? I think a case might be made for everyone but North.
Meaghan could’ve easily taken the place of Colson and more than likely, Moreno. A team hovering around 50% winning percentage (Maryland) should never field a tewaaraton finalist. Everyone else I fully agree with them being a finalist.
Colson was absolutely deserving to be on the list. She is amazing.
Doesn't matter; she was on team hovering around 50% winning percentage. A team with that kind of winning percentage should never field a tewaaraton finalist- irregardless if they've got Maryland written across their chest.
Interesting to note: Maryland was eliminated by Duke on May 12th in the 2nd round of the NCAA's this past postseason. The Tewaaraton's final 5 were named two days later on the 14th. So the committee knew Colson wouldn't be there at the end though Defliese and Trenchard would. Yet going back and looking at the numbers, (and I don't know how much the numbers get factored into their decision) Colson is undeniably head and shoulders above the other two defenders in the conversation:

Colson 17 games 59 GB 20 CTO 80 DC
Defliese 21 games 47 GB 28 CTO 1 DC
Trenchard 21 games 25 GB 17 CTO 13 DC
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:37 am
8meterPA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:36 pm Kids are transferring out of PSU, not to it. Not very happy in happy valley.
We know Dirks signed with Carolina. GK Suplee entered the portal but I haven't heard if she signed elsewhere. What other players have left?
Suplee went to USC.
Sydni Rosa also left for Delaware to play for old coach Bev Altig
Lauren Craft left for Jacksonville
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:00 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:07 pm Lizzie Colson, Maryland - Grad. Student, Defense; Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Sr., Goalie; Charlotte North, Boston College - Sr., Attack;
Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Sr., Attack; Izzy Scane, Northwestern - Jr., Attack

In hindsight, who might Tyrrell have taken the place of? I think a case might be made for everyone but North.
Meaghan could’ve easily taken the place of Colson and more than likely, Moreno. A team hovering around 50% winning percentage (Maryland) should never field a tewaaraton finalist. Everyone else I fully agree with them being a finalist.
Doesn't matter; she was on team hovering around 50% winning percentage. A team with that kind of winning percentage should never field a tewaaraton finalist- irregardless if they've got Maryland written across their chest.
Interesting to note: Maryland was eliminated by Duke on May 12th in the 2nd round of the NCAA's this past postseason. The Tewaaraton's final 5 were named two days later on the 14th. So the committee knew Colson wouldn't be there at the end though Defliese and Trenchard would. Yet going back and looking at the numbers, (and I don't know how much the numbers get factored into their decision) Colson is undeniably head and shoulders above the other two defenders in the conversation:

Yes this is a silly argument. If Lizzie wasn't deserving of being a TW finalist than no defender is. She was by far the best defender in the country the last few years.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

hmmm wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:20 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:37 am
Suplee went to USC.
Sydni Rosa also left for Delaware to play for old coach Bev Altig
Lauren Craft left for Jacksonville
hmmmm...you know your PA lacrosse!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

The new era begins...

You can’t miss Maddy Baxter on the right with her brilliant head of red hair. I didn’t realize she was from The Great North. Sometimes I wonder why there aren’t more players from O Canada playing in the Lower 48.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

hmmm wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:21 am

Yes this is a silly argument. If Lizzie wasn't deserving of being a TW finalist than no defender is. She was by far the best defender in the country the last few years.

Not a silly argument at all. I thought Colson was very good, but NOT the best defender in the country the last few years. Lots of very good defenders out there. Colson was one of them.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:03 pm

Not a silly argument at all. I thought Colson was very good, but NOT the best defender in the country the last few years. Lots of very good defenders out there. Colson was one of them.
And I'm not sure that stats are even nearly the whole story with defenders. Good one-on-one defense, good communication and help, good clearing and transition play never, ever involve a point on the stat sheet. All three of these women are really able lacrosse players. But we have to be willing to understand a full body of work and not just (while important) GBs, CTOs and DCs. For the record, Trenchard was the best on-ball carrier defender I think I saw last year. But in the Syracuse defense, Defliese's job was not the same; she held down goalie-left GLE and helped across the goal circle and up along the elbow. Different kind of thing.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:19 pm

And I'm not sure that stats are even nearly the whole story with defenders. Good one-on-one defense, good communication and help, good clearing and transition play never, ever involve a point on the stat sheet. All three of these women are really able lacrosse players. But we have to be willing to understand a full body of work and not just (while important) GBs, CTOs and DCs. For the record, Trenchard was the best on-ball carrier defender I think I saw last year. But in the Syracuse defense, Defliese's job was not the same; she held down goalie-left GLE and helped across the goal circle and up along the elbow. Different kind of thing.
Really good point about the stat sheet. For example: an excellent 1v1 defender playing good body position allows another defender to get the check and subsequent CTO & GB stat in a double team situation.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Lizzie is so much more than just a defender. She dominates on the draw circle which neither of the other two defenders listed play much of a role in at all. Lizzie was the best player on the MD team last year and every single player on the roster would tell you that. You are entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make you right any more than mine does. The people that hand out the awards and people that play with her and against her certainly seem to disagree with you.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Former Syracuse star Derrick Coleman posing with Emma Ward. Pretty cool pair of 44’s.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Cletus wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:01 pm (Was it Sydney or Shayna who did the shimmy shake with her shoulders on her way back to the draw circle after she scored?)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfTNgAlBBPM ... =copy_link

Shayna’s too funny
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”