All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:33 pm Florida numbers are indeed going down.

https://twitter.com/mlevitt_np2013/stat ... 67943?s=21

The rock drops with ten days.

Will FLP hysterics still demand masks then?!

Not one jamoke who complains about masks in Florida actually cares about cases in Florida. As if!

They care about denting Desantis; that’s it. MD thinks Covid spreads outside on a beach. :lol:

The bad news for Democrats is they’ve never seen a conservative like Ron. He ain’t squishy like Mittens, who would have turned tail at the first sign of Covid increases.

It’s refreshing having an actual conservative in office. Florida will continue to be a beacon to any American with self respect. To others, Ron is dangerous. C’est la vie, mon ami.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
A number of scientist are predicting it to all be over within 4 - 5 weeks for the entire country, not just Florida. If you look at Levitt's data he still has Florida reaching its highest peak ever. If you had been paying attention you would have noted that the school boards that have flipped the bird at your authoritarian governor were only calling for masks for a period of 3 to 4 weeks - they have scientists too :lol: By the way being completely over means death rates have come back down. Levitt is only talking about new infection rates falling (so add a couple weeks). He is also not considering the fact that in Florida that facts on the ground have just changed and it is too soon to see the full effect -- kids just started back to school.

DeathSantis is good news for the democrats. :lol:
Maybe he’s trying to kill off the snowbirds to keep state healthcare costs down in the future???
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:33 pm Florida numbers are indeed going down.

https://twitter.com/mlevitt_np2013/stat ... 67943?s=21

The rock drops with ten days.

Will FLP hysterics still demand masks then?!

Not one jamoke who complains about masks in Florida actually cares about cases in Florida. As if!

They care about denting Desantis; that’s it. MD thinks Covid spreads outside on a beach. :lol:

The bad news for Democrats is they’ve never seen a conservative like Ron. He ain’t squishy like Mittens, who would have turned tail at the first sign of Covid increases.

It’s refreshing having an actual conservative in office. Florida will continue to be a beacon to any American with self respect. To others, Ron is dangerous. C’est la vie, mon ami.
Oh, and what a beacon it is...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:00 pm Speaking of vaccine efficacy and the delta variant....

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vacci ... 57070.html

“A new preprint study that raises concerns about the mRNA vaccines' effectiveness against Delta — particularly Pfizer's — has already grabbed the attention of top Biden administration officials.

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.”

Weird. JHU72 just said yesterday that these vaccines have been thoroughly tested and proven.

Seems like we are a long way from ‘two weeks to slow the spread’.
... not what I said, please quote correctly. Stand by my statement.
And obviously Pete's solution is for everyone to not get vaccinated at all. Let our body's natural defenses handle it, just like it handled polio, and measles, and smallpox, and the Spanish flu, and the plague, and other viruses.

Anti-science pseudointellectual BS getting Americans killed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:34 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:00 pm Speaking of vaccine efficacy and the delta variant....

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vacci ... 57070.html

“A new preprint study that raises concerns about the mRNA vaccines' effectiveness against Delta — particularly Pfizer's — has already grabbed the attention of top Biden administration officials.

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.”

Weird. JHU72 just said yesterday that these vaccines have been thoroughly tested and proven.

Seems like we are a long way from ‘two weeks to slow the spread’.
... not what I said, please quote correctly. Stand by my statement.
And obviously Pete's solution is for everyone to not get vaccinated at all. Let our body's natural defenses handle it, just like it handled polio, and measles, and smallpox, and the Spanish flu, and the plague, and other viruses.

Anti-science pseudointellectual BS getting Americans killed.
Mithridization yo!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:48 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:27 pm
science. love the cloth mask at the end.
overall, well done and on point. unknowingly or not.

Is beyond idiotic. The CDC has yet to even study mask efficacy. Further, there is ample scientific evidence that recirculating toxins into your lungs with the mask as a trap versus expelling them without a mask can do significant damage to your health.

Masks are simply a DNC virtue signal.
This kind of mask disinformation should be banned from this forum.

Should note that You Tube suspended Senator Rand Paul for a week for spreading mask disinformation.

Sen. Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican, has been suspended from YouTube for seven days over a video claiming that masks are ineffective in fighting Covid-19, according to a YouTube spokesperson.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/11/tech/ran ... index.html

This kind of mask disinformation is killing people. Peter Brown should serve a suspension on this forum.

DocBarrister :?
:lol: there it is!
Indeed he should. However, the disportment provided by his risibility far outweighs any threat.
... Goebbels is comic relief. He is a joke. He is not influencing enough people on the this site that it makes any difference. None of us are.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“Many children in Florida returned to school Tuesday without masks despite the surging number of COVID cases and hospitalizations. Florida leads the nation in pediatric hospitalizations, with more than 300 reported in the last week.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Lesson learned:

Florida church vaccinates hundreds after 6 members die from COVID-19 in 10 days

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/flori ... ar-AANd39x

Now, Impact Church in Jacksonville has vaccinated more than 1,000 people in the community and is looking to calm congregants’ fears about coronavirus vaccines.

George Davis, a senior pastor at the nondenominal church, confirmed to USA TODAY that the church lost the six members over a 10-day span and that four of those who died were under 35.

Davis said another male member of the church died from COVID-19 just days ago. Everyone who died was unvaccinated.

The senior pastor noted that even though the church has about 6,000 members, "it's just been ripping our hearts apart.”

“Even those who didn't know them, just to know that they're part of the church community, has made it tough for all of us,” Davis said.

The church held a vaccine event Sunday in partnership with Duval County health officials and University of Florida Health to vaccinate 269 people. Impact Church noted in a Facebook post that 35% of those vaccinated were teenagers.

Davis told USA TODAY the church had experts from University of Florida Health come to the event to answer questions from people who had concerns about the vaccines.

But Davis noted that the church has taken on encouraging congregants to get vaccinated against COVID-19 because some community members “are just more comfortable with their church than they are with government entities, or even some medical entities.”

“We’ve been just encouraging people to be vaccinated. Not pushing it on people, not trying to shame those who are not vaccinated, but really just encouraging people that you can trust the shot. My family and I are all vaccinated,” Davis said.

This isn’t the first vaccination event Impact Church has held. The church vaccinated about 800 people in March at a similar event as COVID-19 vaccines became widely available in the U.S. To date, more than 1,000 people have been vaccinated at the church’s events.

Better late than never. Don't vax, and there's no tomorrow. GET VAXXED TODAY!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:00 pm
I gots my own

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTeg1txDv8w
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:56 pm Lesson learned:

Now, Impact Church in Jacksonville has vaccinated more than 1,000 people in the community and is looking to calm congregants’ fears about coronavirus vaccines.

George Davis, a senior pastor at the nondenominal church, confirmed to USA TODAY that the church lost the six members over a 10-day span and that four of those who died were under 35.

Davis said another male member of the church died from COVID-19 just days ago. Everyone who died was unvaccinated.

The senior pastor noted that even though the church has about 6,000 members, "it's just been ripping our hearts apart.”

“Even those who didn't know them, just to know that they're part of the church community, has made it tough for all of us,” Davis said.

The church held a vaccine event Sunday in partnership with Duval County health officials and University of Florida Health to vaccinate 269 people. Impact Church noted in a Facebook post that 35% of those vaccinated were teenagers.

Davis told USA TODAY the church had experts from University of Florida Health come to the event to answer questions from people who had concerns about the vaccines.

But Davis noted that the church has taken on encouraging congregants to get vaccinated against COVID-19 because some community members “are just more comfortable with their church than they are with government entities, or even some medical entities.”

“We’ve been just encouraging people to be vaccinated. Not pushing it on people, not trying to shame those who are not vaccinated, but really just encouraging people that you can trust the shot. My family and I are all vaccinated,” Davis said.

This isn’t the first vaccination event Impact Church has held. The church vaccinated about 800 people in March at a similar event as COVID-19 vaccines became widely available in the U.S. To date, more than 1,000 people have been vaccinated at the church’s events.

nothing like 6 members dying to get peeps going (i think it's 7 now?).
over 1000 total is pretty good out of a couple church pushes.
4 under 35 is pretty crazy.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 pm nothing like 6 members dying to get peeps going (i think it's 7 now?).

Let's all hope that this lesson is learned everywhere and SOON.

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:03 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:00 pm
I gots my own

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTeg1txDv8w
:D that was my guess……I interned at GM one summer. Watched the crash test dummy experiments and talked to engineers. The steering wheel used to kill people by hitting drivers in the chest. I have never sat in a car without a seatbelt since then. Right rear passenger seat is also safest. I claimed that seat when riding with friends. Had my kids sit there when I drove….even with airbags. A minor inconvenience but its safer.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 pm

7 deaths out of 6,000 is not that bad. What’s the worry? I wonder what the weekly take is at that church.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... they need to spread the gospel.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:26 pm

7 deaths out of 6,000 is not that bad. What’s the worry? I wonder what the weekly take is at that church.
True … 7 deaths in 10 days works out to a mere 252 deaths in a year … a tiny 4.2% of the congregation. Sure, a majority of those would be people under 35, but will that really impact the financial security of the church?

A 95.8% chance of living to next year … those are great odds!!! C’mon … who’s with me on this??? USA! USA! USA!

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:22 pm

True … 7 deaths in 10 days works out to a mere 252 deaths in a year … a tiny 4.2% of the congregation. Sure, a majority of those would be people under 35, but will that really impact the financial security of the church?

A 95.8% chance of living to next year … those are great odds!!! C’mon … who’s with me on this??? USA! USA! USA!

DocBarrister 8-)
Come on man….you don’t need to make a rational argument.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:22 pm

DocBarrister 8-)

We should suspend this account. Cheering for others’s deaths; man, hope the admin comes down hard on DocB.

🤡
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

26,000th post.

Return to “POLITICS”