All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:06 am You tell ‘em Rand!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/11/tech/ran ... index.html
You tell em Michael!

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1 ... gr%5Etweet
really too rich.
but masks.
what a national conversation we've been having.
“He made it clear to us he was not anti-mask.

“I'm not only not anti-mask, I'm saying wear it. I wear one. I owe it to the public to tell them what I know and don't know. This is where it has been very hard because in public health nothing is necessarily yes or no. It's not right or left,” said Osterholm.”

You can leave yours at home. I am doing any and everything I can to not be part of the problem….even if unknowingly. It’s about the kids.
osterholm's been mostly very good.
he is one voice in a sea of them. and this is not only kinda but exactly what i've been saying for a year.
now we're 7 months in to "squash the virus". mine have not come in the mail. what's the ramp up time?

cdc? was recommending public don't buy so conserved for healthcare early on in '21. have they flipped on that yet? have those suppliers i linked several weeks ago stayed in business as they can't get orders filled?

but we have infrastructure making its way thru. and "masks" if you care about others. i don't see a lot of tld's running around.
I was raised right. Can’t speak for others. If you can’t stay away from other people, wearing a mask is the least a person could do. Get the best mask possible. It doesn’t take much effort. How many cases did we have in this country last March. Wear a good mask properly and you have a chance to reduce the risks. That’s good enough for me. I want kids back in school. I am willing to make a relatively small sacrifice. My life is fairly simple anyway.

You forgot we shipped a lot of PPE gear out under the old regime….had a chance to say “hold up, we may need those for Americans….not the folks in Madagascar”.
why are we talking about a year and a half ago? i'm talking about today. this year. what we can do. how many billions of masks would we need? what does shipping 10s or 100s of millions of masks out 1 1/2 years ago have to do with the price of eggs? and we've learned a lot since then, it had to be studied.

where is the national rhetoric and screaming on it, "masks" or "95 masks and here they come"? the last question is rhetorical.
I thought there was a reference to Fauci saying we don’t need masks. I don’t know what the distribution logistics are today. I am going to go back to Home Depot today and buy two more boxes for the hell of it. Can send some to friends and family like I have done in the past. Anything that I can do to not be part of the problem, I am doing it.
he did say that back in march to early april. before we knew anything. fauci's doing the best he can, and i selfishly owe him one.
he doesn't enact dpa's.
messenging i'm told is important. we still struggle with it. a lot.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:25 pm

You tell em Michael!

really too rich.
but masks.

“I'm not only not anti-mask, I'm saying wear it. I wear one. I owe it to the public to tell them what I know and don't know. This is where it has been very hard because in public health nothing is necessarily yes or no. It's not right or left,” said Osterholm.”

You can leave yours at home. I am doing any and everything I can to not be part of the problem….even if unknowingly. It’s about the kids.
he is one voice in a sea of them. and this is not only kinda but exactly what i've been saying for a year.
now we're 7 months in to "squash the virus". mine have not come in the mail. what's the ramp up time?

cdc? was recommending public don't buy so conserved for healthcare early on in '21. have they flipped on that yet? have those suppliers i linked several weeks ago stayed in business as they can't get orders filled?

but we have infrastructure making its way thru. and "masks" if you care about others. i don't see a lot of tld's running around.
I was raised right. Can’t speak for others. If you can’t stay away from other people, wearing a mask is the least a person could do. Get the best mask possible. It doesn’t take much effort. How many cases did we have in this country last March. Wear a good mask properly and you have a chance to reduce the risks. That’s good enough for me. I want kids back in school. I am willing to make a relatively small sacrifice. My life is fairly simple anyway.

You forgot we shipped a lot of PPE gear out under the old regime….had a chance to say “hold up, we may need those for Americans….not the folks in Madagascar”.
why are we talking about a year and a half ago? i'm talking about today. this year. what we can do. how many billions of masks would we need? what does shipping 10s or 100s of millions of masks out 1 1/2 years ago have to do with the price of eggs? and we've learned a lot since then, it had to be studied.

where is the national rhetoric and screaming on it, "masks" or "95 masks and here they come"? the last question is rhetorical.
I thought there was a reference to Fauci saying we don’t need masks. I don’t know what the distribution logistics are today. I am going to go back to Home Depot today and buy two more boxes for the hell of it. Can send some to friends and family like I have done in the past. Anything that I can do to not be part of the problem, I am doing it.
Supply hoarding isn’t a problem? 🤔
at this stage, if tld can hoard his masks and a hospital admin can't find them, that person should be fired. he's supporting small business.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:29 pm

You tell em Michael!

really too rich.
but masks.

he did say that back in march to early april. before we knew anything. fauci's doing the best he can, and i selfishly owe him one.
he doesn't enact dpa's.
messenging i'm told is important. we still struggle with it. a lot.
I can’t think for other people. Personal responsibility. If a person doesn’t want to get vaccinated, doesn’t want to stay away from other people, doesn’t want to wear a mask but wants my wife to teach their kid in person….it’s their right.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Florida numbers are indeed going down.

https://twitter.com/mlevitt_np2013/stat ... 67943?s=21

The rock drops with ten days.

Will FLP hysterics still demand masks then?!

Not one jamoke who complains about masks in Florida actually cares about cases in Florida. As if!

They care about denting Desantis; that’s it. MD thinks Covid spreads outside on a beach. :lol:

The bad news for Democrats is they’ve never seen a conservative like Ron. He ain’t squishy like Mittens, who would have turned tail at the first sign of Covid increases.

It’s refreshing having an actual conservative in office. Florida will continue to be a beacon to any American with self respect. To others, Ron is dangerous. C’est la vie, mon ami.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:27 pm
science. love the cloth mask at the end.
overall, well done and on point. unknowingly or not.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:31 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:25 pm

You tell em Michael!

really too rich.
but masks.

Supply hoarding isn’t a problem? 🤔
at this stage, if tld can hoard his masks and a hospital admin can't find them, that person should be fired. he's supporting small business.
The masks are disposable and I need to keep a supply on hand as I am not sure how long we will be in this and not sure if some of my friends and family will have as easy access as I have. Just doing my part. I have sent plenty of friends masks with the note to rotate a new mask every day for 4 days. It helps extend the life. Not perfect but better than nothing.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:34 pm

Is beyond idiotic. The CDC has yet to even study mask efficacy. Further, there is ample scientific evidence that recirculating toxins into your lungs with the mask as a trap versus expelling them without a mask can do significant damage to your health.

Masks are simply a DNC virtue signal.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:37 pm

Is beyond idiotic. The CDC has yet to even study mask efficacy. Further, there is ample scientific evidence that recirculating toxins into your lungs with the mask as a trap versus expelling them without a mask can do significant damage to your health.

This kind of mask disinformation should be banned from this forum.

Should note that You Tube suspended Senator Rand Paul for a week for spreading mask disinformation.

Sen. Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican, has been suspended from YouTube for seven days over a video claiming that masks are ineffective in fighting Covid-19, according to a YouTube spokesperson.

This kind of mask disinformation is killing people. Peter Brown should serve a suspension on this forum.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Should note that You Tube suspended Senator Rand Paul for a week for spreading mask disinformation.

Sen. Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican, has been suspended from YouTube for seven days over a video claiming that masks are ineffective in fighting Covid-19, according to a YouTube spokesperson.

This kind of mask disinformation is killing people. Peter Brown should serve a suspension on this forum.

:lol: there it is!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Ok Nancy. Instead of shutting down debate, debate this instead:

“Mask-free Sweden is close to ZERO daily Covid deaths as chief epidemiologist plays down fears over Delta variant”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3405414/ma ... ths-delta/

If you're paying attention, leftists have now cornered themselves into a scenario where they have to admit that either masks don't work... or the vaccine doesn't work.

Everything they say to defend both at the same time is word salad with absolutely no evidence.

Also, dangerous pathogens get trapped on masks.

https://rationalground.com/dangerous-pa ... ace-masks/
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:52 pm Ok Nancy. Instead of shutting down debate, debate this instead:

“Mask-free Sweden is close to ZERO daily Covid deaths as chief epidemiologist plays down fears over Delta variant”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3405414/ma ... ths-delta/

If you're paying attention, leftists have now cornered themselves into a scenario where they have to admit that either masks don't work... or the vaccine doesn't work.

Everything they say to defend both at the same time is word salad with absolutely no evidence.

Also, dangerous pathogens get trapped on masks.

https://rationalground.com/dangerous-pa ... ace-masks/
It's not a debate when you're flat out lying bro. Recirculating toxins cause significant damage to your health? :roll: The CDC hasn't studied mask efficacy? :roll:

You complain about sources then post the sun and rationalground? You're out of your element Donny.

You should avoid hospitals too, they're bad for your health.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Speaking of vaccine efficacy and the delta variant....

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vacci ... 57070.html

“A new preprint study that raises concerns about the mRNA vaccines' effectiveness against Delta — particularly Pfizer's — has already grabbed the attention of top Biden administration officials.

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:00 pm Speaking of vaccine efficacy and the delta variant....

“A new preprint study that raises concerns about the mRNA vaccines' effectiveness against Delta — particularly Pfizer's — has already grabbed the attention of top Biden administration officials.

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.”

Weird. JHU72 just said yesterday that these vaccines have been thoroughly tested and proven.

Seems like we are a long way from ‘two weeks to slow the spread’.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I think the only reasonable argument that could be made against this amorphous and ambiguous cohort referred to as “the left” is that many behave as if they don’t understand the science and some of the over the top social control behaviors combined with not actually following the science themselves is pretty low rent. I.e. when you’re berated in open air public not highly densely populated area for not having a mask on, Pre delta ramp up but post full vaccination and kids who’s are tested daily at school thats bs. As one might guess I didn’t back down and rhetorically inquired if they believed in science and this hipster douche just started yelling more at us such that I sent the kids inside the pizza place and made it clear that his behavior was assault such that I would soon need to defend myself with any means necessary and he rode off in his bike after that.

This sort of stuff happens and that’s probably where the “anti left” crowd should be focusing their complaints if anywhere in this entire discussion. Otherwise how about we all chip in to make our country stronger which means not even needing legal/regulatory oversight for people to do the right thing and just reduce the risk of spread of a virus with nasty amplification ability.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Indeed he should. However, the disportment provided by his risibility far outweighs any threat.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Indeed he should. However, the disportment provided by his risibility far outweighs any threat.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:15 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:58 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:34 am This guy Andrew Sullivan, gay writer living in Provincetown MA, makes more sense in one day than the entire liberal establishment can in twelve lifetimes. His words will especially infuriate the know-it-all’s…know any? :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... COVID.html

He’s absolutely correct on every angle. The government is not here to hold your hand you crybabies. And if you think the government will hold your hand when you need it most, grow the eff up.

“Government isn't there to hold your hand': Columnist Andrew Sullivan tells CNN that US is wrong to pursue 'illusory victory' over COVID and says kids are 18 times more likely to DROWN than die from virus”.

“He also argued: 'The most potent incentive for vaccination is to be brutally frank, a sharp rise in mortality rates. The more people know someone who has suffered and died, the more they are likely to take measures...In other words, call their bluff...Let it rip.'”

He’s correct.

Video: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... tv-vpx.cnn
this, to me, has seemed to always be the case since this started. without being able to parse it out, media shock, proposed restrictions and skittishness on consequences will take up their roles in driving any increased uptake in the coming months.
the vaxx rates and numbers lately (shown in graphs and text in daily mail link) are encouraging. if we can squeeze 2 months of 500k 1st shots it can get us up to 215 mill in those presumably looking to get fully vaxxed. that's a 75% number on over 11s and what i always guessed would be near a best case. between that and previous infection immunity we'd be strapped up as best could be expected. hopefully, enough people get scared of the virus or what they might lose.
if not, we move on.
I'm fine with eventual "move on" as long as I don't need to be put at risk, my loved ones put at risk, by those who are refusing vaccination. Keep'em off my bus, train, plane, out of my restaurant, bar, venue, business, school, etc...they want to join the community, great. If not, I also don't want to pay for their health care. Yes, "what they may lose"...
sure. it'll play out like it'll play out. tho that bus, train, plane, restaurant, bar, school... isn't really yours.
that'll be voted on with people's feet.
Tru dat.
But that’s exactly why I expect and want my, yes my, government to fly air cover for all those businesses. I don’t want others smoking on planes and restaurants either. The airlines and restaurants needed government to mandate that change, not consumers. Tragedy of the commons issue.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:33 pm Florida numbers are indeed going down.

https://twitter.com/mlevitt_np2013/stat ... 67943?s=21

The rock drops with ten days.

Will FLP hysterics still demand masks then?!

Not one jamoke who complains about masks in Florida actually cares about cases in Florida. As if!

They care about denting Desantis; that’s it. MD thinks Covid spreads outside on a beach. :lol:

The bad news for Democrats is they’ve never seen a conservative like Ron. He ain’t squishy like Mittens, who would have turned tail at the first sign of Covid increases.

It’s refreshing having an actual conservative in office. Florida will continue to be a beacon to any American with self respect. To others, Ron is dangerous. C’est la vie, mon ami.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
A number of scientist are predicting it to all be over within 4 - 5 weeks for the entire country, not just Florida. If you look at Levitt's data he still has Florida reaching its highest peak ever. If you had been paying attention you would have noted that the school boards that have flipped the bird at your authoritarian governor were only calling for masks for a period of 3 to 4 weeks - they have scientists too :lol: By the way being completely over means death rates have come back down. Levitt is only talking about new infection rates falling (so add a couple weeks). He is also not considering the fact that in Florida that facts on the ground have just changed and it is too soon to see the full effect -- kids just started back to school.

DeathSantis is good news for the democrats. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:00 pm Speaking of vaccine efficacy and the delta variant....

Weird. JHU72 just said yesterday that these vaccines have been thoroughly tested and proven.

Seems like we are a long way from ‘two weeks to slow the spread’.
... not what I said, please quote correctly. Stand by my statement.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”