North Carolina

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: North Carolina

Post by hmmm »

McKeldin45 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 pm Well I guess North was another sociology major at Duke. A rich legacy. I guess that’s why she went for the title at BC. She could have gone to JHU and gotten beaten 3 times by the worst team Maryland has fielded, even with Janine Tucker’s 3 second violation defense.
I'm pretty certain had CN gone to Hopkins they wouldn't have lost 3 1 goal games to MD this year.
McKeldin45

Post by McKeldin45 »

Hmmm. Hopkins will have a hard time beating Maryland, ever.
Bart

Post by Bart »

McKeldin45 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 pm Hmmm. Hopkins will have a hard time beating Maryland, ever.
So are you suggesting that coach Tucker can’t develop an offense with the best player in women’s college lacrosse to beat UMd? I’d take that bet in a second.
McKeldin45

Post by McKeldin45 »

I said if JHU couldn’t beat us with our worst team in history, she never will. Also, by the time she got an offensive player as good as North, then Maryland would likely have 2 as good.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

McKeldin45 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:55 pm I said if JHU couldn’t beat us with our worst team in history, she never will. Also, by the time she got an offensive player as good as North, then Maryland would likely have 2 as good.
North Carolina thread?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:11 am
McKeldin45 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:55 pm I said if JHU couldn’t beat us with our worst team in history, she never will. Also, by the time she got an offensive player as good as North, then Maryland would likely have 2 as good.
North Carolina thread?
It evolved...

At least it’s not pictures of dogs and gourmet entrees—n’est ce pas? (But if I know DMac, they will be following shortly.) 😉
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Surprised ONW hasn't posted already but Chloe Humphrey committed to UNC. She will be the #1 ranked 2023 recruit once the rankings are released.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 pm Surprised ONW hasn't posted already but Chloe Humphrey committed to UNC. She will be the #1 ranked 2023 recruit once the rankings are released.
I think she already is? (according to ILWomen’s post about her commitment)
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

UNC is a lax factory when it comes to #1 recruits and top recruiting classes yet has only 2 NC's. Quite shocking. Let's see how the 2023 class plays out for UNC and other top schools. From a talent standpoint it is a strong class.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

glaxer24 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:11 pm
hmmm wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 pm Surprised ONW hasn't posted already but Chloe Humphrey committed to UNC. She will be the #1 ranked 2023 recruit once the rankings are released.
I think she already is? (according to ILWomen’s post about her commitment)
Yes I see that. They haven't actually released their full 2023 rankings yet.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Really? Oh well. She's joins the long list of highly rated recruits who...went for the academics.

Okay, move along folks. Nothing to see here.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Can I just say--the more I get to know Larry through his posts, the more I enjoy him. Many of his comments make me laugh out loud. Some for their humor and some for the sheer force with which he delivers them. Among the many things I like about his well-written posts and tasty sarcastic cracks is he's not politically correct and he even has a team/program (and maybe more than one?) he likes to take potshots at. In my mind, that's a normal, healthy sports talk comportment. He goes way back in the sport and is a living breathing encyclopedia on women's lacrosse. He's the Howard Cosell of FanLax. He tells it like it is and he ain't changin for the finger-wagging nana's on this board who are too often trying to dictate tone and content. I've criticized him myself and truth be told, I'd take it all back in the name of free expression of opinion on here if I could. I know my name is mud in his estimation, which is fine, we're all free to dislike who we dislike, and like who we like. But I'm more and more grateful for Mr. LarryGamLax. Keep on truckin, Larry.

(p.s. I won't be surprised if this provokes a scathing rebuke from the man himself, but in the early days of Don Rickles' career, it was considered an honor to be ripped by Mr. Warmth.)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Well...I gotta leave some for youse guys 😉
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:21 am

Really? Oh well. She's joins the long list of highly rated recruits who...went for the academics.

You are right UNC Chapel Hill academics are the pits. Just chasing trophies............. Nothing to see.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Ring chasing, academics, coach, ACC, $ … who the heck knows how this sausage gets made. Like it or not (and especially in the era of social media), schools get “hot” among the social set that is teenage girls. It’s that simple. UNC is having their moment … like UVA did a decade ago. Time will tell if they can turn their street cred into hardware
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

She’s also got a sister currently on the team at UNC (Nicole) and another at Stanford (Ashley).
OuttaNowhereWregget

Jenny Levy’s accomplishments at North Carolina will never be marginalized at this address. Those two national championships she and the Tar Heels won were against the mighty Maryland Terrapins in the midst of their second dynasty. That ain’t no mean feat. The second time (see below) convincingly lest anyone say the first one was a fluke. (Like it was with James Madison heh-heh.) Another bunch of arrows in her tar-coated quiver of accomplishments are all the titles in the hard-as-nails ACC—far and away the toughest conference in division one. Contested to be sure; skills in decline perhaps; but Jenny Levy stands with the elite coaches of the current day.

DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:50 am Can I just say--the more I get to know Larry through his posts, the more I enjoy him. Many of his comments make me laugh out loud. Some for their humor and some for the sheer force with which he delivers them. Among the many things I like about his well-written posts and tasty sarcastic cracks is he's not politically correct and he even has a team/program (and maybe more than one?) he likes to take potshots at. In my mind, that's a normal, healthy sports talk comportment. He goes way back in the sport and is a living breathing encyclopedia on women's lacrosse. He's the Howard Cosell of FanLax. He tells it like it is and he ain't changin for the finger-wagging nana's on this board who are too often trying to dictate tone and content. I've criticized him myself and truth be told, I'd take it all back in the name of free expression of opinion on here if I could. I know my name is mud in his estimation, which is fine, we're all free to dislike who we dislike, and like who we like. But I'm more and more grateful for Mr. LarryGamLax. Keep on truckin, Larry.

(p.s. I won't be surprised if this provokes a scathing rebuke from the man himself, but in the early days of Don Rickles' career, it was considered an honor to be ripped by Mr. Warmth.)
Quoting you
“Post about perspectives, views, thoughts, and otherwise, not about post-ers.”
Which way do you want it, Oh Dominator Of Boards?
Oh, and when you attack posters with your "finger-wagging nana's on this board" bullschidt, stop whining, piszin' and moaning, and running off to your little safe space like a little child when there's retaliation.
I always thought wlaxnut was a pain in the asz but man, OuttaNowhereWregget is like a baseball bat in your asz compared to the hemorrhoid that was wlaxnut. Geezuz H!!!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

According to US News & Report UNC ranked #28 in the Nation. Thats not too shabby, sandwiched in between UVA and Wake Forrest, and 5 spots after Georgetown. In comparison, BC ranked #35. Forbes also has them at #28 and( BC as an example - at #56)
I would also say BC is the college more recruits are flocking to - looking at the class of 22 and with Cobert class of 23 and others going to BC. So, cant be for the academics there right I mean they are ranked lower than UNC :/
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:10 am

According to US News & Report UNC ranked #28 in the Nation. Thats not too shabby, sandwiched in between UVA and Wake Forrest, and 5 spots after Georgetown. In comparison, BC ranked #35. Forbes also has them at #28 and( BC as an example - at #56)
I would also say BC is the college more recruits are flocking to - looking at the class of 22 and with Cobert class of 23 and others going to BC. So, cant be for the academics there right I mean they are ranked lower than UNC :/
Kids go to the colleges that they think match their invariably floating and inchoate criteria. So UNC:

Good to great academics;
Lovely campus and temperate weather;
Extraordinary facilities for the athletes;
For women athletes, an obvious and meaningful commitment to excellence and competition (hello UNC Field Hockey, UNC W-Soccer, and UNC W-Lacrosse);
For lacrosse athletes, all of the above and one of the hardest, most compelling schedules in the country, and a chance to play in ACC championships and on Memorial Day.

I'm no fan of the UNC women's lacrosse, but the allure of going there is pretty clear -- even if it involves a little ring-chasing.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”