~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: ~46~ Creepy Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:44 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:06 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:01 am
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:40 am It does not matter how competent they were. Only their intent. And in spite of any lack they did get perilously close to endangering certain leadership, including the VP.

Your attempt to minimize this is not helpful. There should be a lot more accountability for those like the former president in inciting them. That is why the true story needs to be told over and over. Not the whitewashing of a serious attempt to subvert the election.
I'm not attempting to minimize anything. Do you seriously believe this collective bunch of hillbilly morons were going to overthrow the election? The saddest part of this sorry ass episode was the inability of the people in charge of security at our Capital to prevent a bunch of morons from breaching the building. After the events of 9/11/2001 you would have thought that they might have put as much thought into securing our nation's capital as they did with securing our airports. Would this crowd have been as successful if they had tried to breach the white house? The 64 thousand dollar question has not changed one damn bit. Why was our nation's capital so hopelessly unprepared to defend itself? They were effing lucky IMO. If had been an organized insurrection with a plan they might still be occupying the capital today. The simple fact our government had not hardened the admission points to our Capital after 20 years should be explained to all of America.
You just minimized it.

Sara Jane Moore should have never been convicted of attempted assassination of President Ford. He!!, everyone knows she was a bad shot and would have never actually connected. :roll:

The law's about inciting an insurrection. Says nothing about requiring it to be a successful one.
Since you want to go down this road SC, let me refresh your memory banks...
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

So tell me again Mr SC about justice and how it is suppose to work? Especially when it involves an angry mob. :roll:
Two wrongs don't make a right in my world.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:03 am
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:40 am It does not matter how competent they were. Only their intent. And in spite of any lack they did get perilously close to endangering certain leadership, including the VP.

Your attempt to minimize this is not helpful. There should be a lot more accountability for those like the former president in inciting them. That is why the true story needs to be told over and over. Not the whitewashing of a serious attempt to subvert the election.
I'm not attempting to minimize anything. Do you seriously believe this collective bunch of hillbilly morons were going to overthrow the election? The saddest part of this sorry ass episode was the inability of the people in charge of security at our Capital to prevent a bunch of morons from breaching the building. After the events of 9/11/2001 you would have thought that they might have put as much thought into securing our nation's capital as they did with securing our airports. Would this crowd have been as successful if they had tried to breach the white house? The 64 thousand dollar question has not changed one damn bit. Why was our nation's capital so hopelessly unprepared to defend itself? They were effing lucky IMO. If had been an organized insurrection with a plan they might still be occupying the capital today. The simple fact our government had not hardened the admission points to our Capital after 20 years should be explained to all of America.
You just minimized it.

Sara Jane Moore should have never been convicted of attempted assassination of President Ford. He!!, everyone knows she was a bad shot and would have never actually connected. :roll:

The law's about inciting an insurrection. Says nothing about requiring it to be a successful one.

So tell me again Mr SC about justice and how it is suppose to work? Especially when it involves an angry mob. :roll:
I agree 100%. The facts are the facts and they can't be denied. I'm pretty sure the folks that stormed our capital will never be found not guilty because of an angry mob syndrome defense.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:03 am

You just minimized it.

They do in his
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:41 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:42 am ^^^ (C&S's post)

This is the sort of attitude that will, in the end, allow a January 6 sort of thing to happen again.
Sooo very wrong. After all that's gone down the past 5 years, seacoaster still doesn't comprehend the concept of "you reap what you sow." If you don't understand that the Resistance and all the disgraceful nonsense attempted, with which to destroy Trump's presidency, along with cute stuff like the BLM/Antifa riots, etc., created this very situation, then you are truly delusional.
Talk about not "comprehending." Go to the head of the class. Always with the "delusional" stuff. You always fall back on this hackneyed silliness that the people who disagree with you are "insane," or "delusional," or suffering from "TDS."

Even if I credit your belief in the Deep State and other dark pseudo-governmental operatives who opposed Trump, culminating in resistance, "The Resistance" and trenchant opposition to Trump's administration, there is a oceanic difference between process-oriented efforts to investigate and test allegations in Committee, by a Special Counsel, or an Inspector General, and the events after the election, including but not limited to January 6.

Like talking to the Georgia Secretary of State and asking him to "find votes:"

"But it’s much more than the number of 11,779 that’s — the current margin is only 11,779. Brad, I think you agree with that, right? That’s something I think everyone — at least that’s a number that everyone agrees on....You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state."

Like attempting to direct the Department of Justice to call the election fraudulent "and we'll take care of the rest."

You guys are on the wrong side of history, and it's a side that is anti-American, and anti-democratic. Pretty darn sad.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:24 amLink please to weapons recovered at the scene. I’ll wait.
Federal court records allege that at least three dozen people who took part in the riot used or possessed some kind of weapon that day.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases

LMAO you just keep digging yourself deeper my man. Give it up.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:08 pm

This is the sort of attitude that will, in the end, allow a January 6 sort of thing to happen again.
Sooo very wrong. After all that's gone down the past 5 years, seacoaster still doesn't comprehend the concept of "you reap what you sow." If you don't understand that the Resistance and all the disgraceful nonsense attempted, with which to destroy Trump's presidency, along with cute stuff like the BLM/Antifa riots, etc., created this very situation, then you are truly delusional.
Talk about not "comprehending." Go to the head of the class. Always with the "delusional" stuff. You always fall back on this hackneyed silliness that the people who disagree with you are "insane," or "delusional," or suffering from "TDS."

Even if I credit your belief in the Deep State and other dark pseudo-governmental operatives who opposed Trump, culminating in resistance, "The Resistance" and trenchant opposition to Trump's administration, there is a oceanic difference between process-oriented efforts to investigate and test allegations in Committee, by a Special Counsel, or an Inspector General, and the events after the election, including but not limited to January 6.
Unbelievable... of course you don't mention the obviously biased media's behavior regarding all of the resistance-generated chaos, just Deep State, as if to discredit or end conversation right there. So incredibly typical and disingenuous. Your entire paragraph, not surprising, is straw man bull$hit.

"But it’s much more than the number of 11,779 that’s — the current margin is only 11,779. Brad, I think you agree with that, right? That’s something I think everyone — at least that’s a number that everyone agrees on....You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state."

Like attempting to direct the Department of Justice to call the election fraudulent "and we'll take care of the rest."

You guys are on the wrong side of history, and it's a side that is anti-American, and anti-democratic. Pretty darn sad.
What's really "pretty darn sad" is, despite how many times I and others on here have admitted to Trump's foolishness and errors, you on the other hand don't possess the honesty or class, or are, yes, too deluded to admit to your (and other's alike) extreme destructive partisanship, and thus culpability in helping to create the Jan 6 situation.

Post-Trump, the "ends justifies the means" is alive and well in the minds of the progressive left. Disgusting...

"anti-American/anti-democratic" Ha!, take a look at yourselves. BTW, "history" ain't over counselor.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Culpability in other individuals forcing their way into our Capitol in order to Destroy and hurt human beings and democracy?

That’s the delusional comment and truly disgusting. No agency in this comment. No belief in individual responsibility. Blame media and the left for a defender of the Capitol building dying. That’s disgusting.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:31 pm Culpability in other individuals forcing their way into our Capitol in order to Destroy and hurt human beings and democracy?

That’s the delusional comment and truly disgusting. No agency in this comment. No belief in individual responsibility. Blame media and the left for a defender of the Capitol building dying. That’s disgusting.
Yet nobody answers the question how our nations capital was so woefully unprepared after 20 years since the attacks on 9/11? If these idiots had tried to storm Reagan International they would have run up against tighter security. I hope the folks in DC running this investigation give the American people an answer for this inexcusable lack of security on 1/6/2021. :roll: :roll:
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Still equivocating and not saying anything of value.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:24 amLink please to weapons recovered at the scene. I’ll wait.
Federal court records allege that at least three dozen people who took part in the riot used or possessed some kind of weapon that day.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases

LMAO you just keep digging yourself deeper my man. Give it up.

Find me a firearm confiscated from anyone who entered the capital on January 6; ideally for your argument (‘there were super duper dangerous bad people stormin’ our nations capital’), this weapon should have been discharged. But I’ll take weapons seized inside the capital.

Is this really that difficult?

Not bats, crutches, flagpoles, skateboards, fire extinguishers and chemical sprays. I want actual weapons, since you lefties say this was an ‘insurrection’. Most insurrections involve actual weapons.

Also you can’t use the one weapon used that day to kill an unarmed protester. That one doesn’t count for your analysis.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Unbelievable... of course you don't mention the obviously biased media's behavior regarding all of the resistance-generated chaos, just Deep State, as if to discredit or end conversation right there. So incredibly typical and disingenuous. Your entire paragraph, not surprising, is straw man bull$hit.

What's really "pretty darn sad" is, despite how many times I and others on here have admitted to Trump's foolishness and errors, you on the other hand don't possess the honesty or class, or are, yes, too deluded to admit to your (and other's alike) extreme destructive partisanship, and thus culpability in helping to create the Jan 6 situation.

Post-Trump, the "ends justifies the means" is alive and well in the minds of the progressive left. Disgusting...

"anti-American/anti-democratic" Ha!, take a look at yourselves. BTW, "history" ain't over counselor.
Media bias is your thing; I think there is plenty of RW media countering whatever you believe is the bias. And moreover, it may well be that the bias against Trump had a lot more to do with Trump's behavior and conduct as President (and let's try to be candid, the examples of his debasement of the office are really -- literally -- too numerous to list).

I have always admitted my intense dislike for Trump. But to suggest that my dislike and others' dislike of Trump "created" or even materially contributed to "the January 6 situation" is genuinely one of the silliest things you've said on these boards, and that is saying something. Trump's legacy is his own. He started his presidency with a favor-currying super-stupid Muslim ban, rolled out badly and only to make his bigoted supporters happy. And it went downhill from there. Charlottesville. The walk over to the Church for Ivanka's handbag and Bible shot. The effort to euchre a vulnerable foreign head of state to produce dirt or announce an investigation against a political opponent, using Congressionally authorized dollars. The profound mishandling of the pandemic and politicization of basic and easy public health measures. My and my neighbors' part in creating the enmity that exists today seems very, very small by comparison to Trump's own conduct and persistent dog-whistling of Fox bigots like Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson. You sound a lot like old, out of step, white guy grievance, looking at the world moving faster than your walker can go.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:09 pm
Find me a firearm confiscated from anyone who entered the capital on January 6; ideally for your argument (‘there were super duper dangerous bad people stormin’ our nations capital’), this weapon should have been discharged. But I’ll take weapons seized inside the capital.

Not bats, crutches, flagpoles, skateboards, fire extinguishers and chemical sprays. I want actual weapons, since you lefties say this was an ‘insurrection’. Most insurrections involve actual weapons.

Also you can’t use the one weapon used that day to kill an unarmed protester. That one doesn’t count for your analysis.
LOL you're so full of it it's coming out of your ears.

You: "Find me a weapon."
Regular Americans: "Here's a bunch of weapons they used literally described as 'Deadly or Dangerous'."
You: "No wait, not like that."

This insurrection involved actual weapons you Trumpist. You're on the anti-American side on this one bub, sorry it hurts. And your girl friend wasn't an innocent peaceful protestor, which has been proved time and again, and on video to boot. She was a traitor to the constitution she swore to uphold.

Keep digging yourself deeper, it's amusing and I'm bored.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:32 pm

"Find me a weapon." "Here's a bunch of weapons they used." "No wait, not like that."

This insurrection involved actual weapons you Trumpist. You're on the anti-American side on this one bub, sorry it hurts. And your girl friend wasn't an innocent peaceful protestor, which has been proved time and again, and on video to boot.

Dude, if the people that stormed the capital that day had been armed and had leadership and a plan they would probably still be holding the capital building today. You show me any plan for trying to recapture the capital building that would not look like an even more chaotic assault on Attica prison. Most of you folks simply do not understand how lucky our nation was that these dumb clucks had no plan and had no idea what to do once their dumb asses found their way inside. You all forget just how freaking bad this protest could have been.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:41 pm

"Find me a weapon." "Here's a bunch of weapons they used." "No wait, not like that."

This insurrection involved actual weapons you Trumpist. You're on the anti-American side on this one bub, sorry it hurts. And your girl friend wasn't an innocent peaceful protestor, which has been proved time and again, and on video to boot.

Dude, if the people that stormed the capital that day had been armed and had leadership and a plan they would probably still be holding the capital building today. You show me any plan for trying to recapture the capital building that would not look like an even more chaotic assault on Attica prison. Most of you folks simply do not understand how lucky our nation was that these dumb clucks had no plan and had no idea what to do once their dumb asses found their way inside. You all forget just how freaking bad this protest could have been.
No sir; the point of our posts about the insurrection is exactly because we know "how freaking bad this protest could have been." The Beer Hall Putsch was laughable...but less than 10 years later, nobody's laughing.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:44 pm

No sir; the point of our posts about the insurrection is exactly because we know "how freaking bad this protest could have been." The Beer Hall Putsch was laughable...but less than 10 years later, nobody's laughing.
So your comparing the cluster fudge at the capital with the beer hall putsch? That is quite a stretch in my opinion. The Nazis had a plan and a leader to make that plan happen. The cluster fudge at the capital is the personification of trump. They are the modern day equivalent of the mouse that roared. Even when they win they could not tell you how or why they succeeded. What are they planning next?
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:32 pm

So your comparing the cluster fudge at the capital with the beer hall putsch? That is quite a stretch in my opinion. The Nazis had a plan and a leader to make that plan happen. The cluster fudge at the capital is the personification of trump. They are the modern day equivalent of the mouse that roared. Even when they win they could not tell you how or why they succeeded. What are they planning next?
You cannot be this obtuse, right? Wait for Hawley or Cotton to run the show, and kiss the country you purport to love goodbye.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Sorry to keep +1 ‘ing your posts but you’re writing what I would and no need to say the same thing twice.

Great posts.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:18 pm

Media bias is your thing; I think there is plenty of RW media countering whatever you believe is the bias. And moreover, it may well be that the bias against Trump had a lot more to do with Trump's behavior and conduct as President (and let's try to be candid, the examples of his debasement of the office are really -- literally -- too numerous to list).

I have always admitted my intense dislike for Trump. But to suggest that my dislike and others' dislike of Trump "created" or even materially contributed to "the January 6 situation" is genuinely one of the silliest things you've said on these boards, and that is saying something. Trump's legacy is his own. He started his presidency with a favor-currying super-stupid Muslim ban, rolled out badly and only to make his bigoted supporters happy. And it went downhill from there. Charlottesville. The walk over to the Church for Ivanka's handbag and Bible shot. The effort to euchre a vulnerable foreign head of state to produce dirt or announce an investigation against a political opponent, using Congressionally authorized dollars. The profound mishandling of the pandemic and politicization of basic and easy public health measures. My and my neighbors' part in creating the enmity that exists today seems very, very small by comparison to Trump's own conduct and persistent dog-whistling of Fox bigots like Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson. You sound a lot like old, out of step, white guy grievance, looking at the world moving faster than your walker can go.
Whatever...

Either your memory is failing or you're just being disingenuous again, or both... but no matter what Trump did or did not do is irrelevant to the point. The point being...Trump was set up by the resistance (including all those Trump haters just like you), backed by the mainstream media, the nanosecond the election results came in. It's Hillary's turn!... Our first female POTUS!... She can't lose...blah, blah, blah. Oh the outrage!

So you can list all the things that upset you re Trump or that you believe/feel debased the office until hell freezes over. But the fact remains, people were out to destroy Trump from day one of his presidency (and prior to that of course), long before anything he said or did as POTUS ever took place.

The precedent that the hateful resistance set from day one, that carried on for four years, abetted the Jan, 6 riot. Do a little self-reflection for once and admit it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Whatever...

Either your memory is failing or you're just being disingenuous again, or both... but no matter what Trump did or did not do is irrelevant to the point. The point being...Trump was set up by the resistance (including all those Trump haters just like you), backed by the mainstream media, the nanosecond the election results came in. It's Hillary's turn!... Our first female POTUS!... She can't lose...blah, blah, blah. Oh the outrage!

So you can list all the things that upset you re Trump or that you believe/feel debased the office until hell freezes over. But the fact remains, people were out to destroy Trump from day one of his presidency (and prior to that of course), long before anything he said or did as POTUS ever took place.

The precedent that the hateful resistance set from day one, that carried on for four years, abetted the Jan, 6 riot. Do a little self-reflection for once and admit it.
Nice work; the "memory is failing" trope is a nice tandem to the "you're delusional" thing; both will get you a laugh in the middle school lunchroom.

My memory is very good, and I don't think I'm being disingenuous. But your statement that "whatever Trump did or did not do is irrelevant to the point" sets a new stupid record for you, the reigning Olympian of Stupid. The point you seemed to want to make was: the left's resistance was a cause of the January 6 violence. I said I thought it was really attributable to Trump's urging his supporters to do exactly what they did. You say that the insurrectionists were just a counter-reaction to the "Resistance," which was mean to Trump and opposed his presidency. Either way, the manner in which Trump conducted his presidency seems pretty relevant.

In any event, blaming the storming of the Capitol on even relentless, overbearing political opposition to Trump is exactly the sort of disconnect or apology that allows authoritarians to rise from the sewer.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:59 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Whatever...

Nice work; the "memory is failing" trope is a nice tandem to the "you're delusional" thing; both will get you a laugh in the middle school lunchroom.

My memory is very good, and I don't think I'm being disingenuous. But your statement that "whatever Trump did or did not do is irrelevant to the point" sets a new stupid record for you, the reigning Olympian of Stupid. The point you seemed to want to make was: the left's resistance was a cause of the January 6 violence. I said I thought it was really attributable to Trump's urging his supporters to do exactly what they did. You say that the insurrectionists were just a counter-reaction to the "Resistance," which was mean to Trump and opposed his presidency. Either way, the manner in which Trump conducted his presidency seems pretty relevant.
Sure, take that statement out of context and you may be right but try reading it within the context of what I said next and stop being silly. Face it, if there had not been the undermining of Trump and his admin and/or contempt for his supporters from the onset, Jan.6 doesn't occur.

Abet was the wrong word... my bad.

"relentless, overbearing political opposition" including subversion from some of our intelligence institutions, before the POTUS is even sworn into office, sure seems "anti-American" and "anti-democratic" to me. You're cool with that of course...the ends justifies the means.

Much of what Trump did and said that you despised throughout his presidency was in reaction to that resistance. That doesn't make it right (he reacted badly at times, no doubt), but a fact nonetheless. The resistance cannot be absolved for their part in what happened on Jan.6.

In any event, blaming the storming of the Capitol on even relentless, overbearing political opposition to Trump is exactly the sort of disconnect or apology that allows authoritarians to rise from the sewer.

Return to “POLITICS”