Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:19 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:22 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:24 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:44 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Looks like King Andy stopped just short of grabbin em by their p***y. He was a real gentleman who preferred sticking his tongue down the ladies throats. Nice guy the King is... really nice guy :?
Cuomo is still a peach.

https://www.aol.com/news/lawmakers-cuom ... 45267.html

Is Fredo still on TV?
Any basis for the last crack?
Plenty.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5662 ... ng-brother
😁 That answers MDs question doesn't it? I'm wondering which politician our resident liberal republican hates more... Desantis or King Andy? I know the disappointment among many of you liberal folks is intense. You all had your heads stuck so far up King Andy's arse that you couldn't smell the stink.
No, actually I continue to object to both the slur and to the suggestion that Chris shouldn't continue at CNN. See my response above.

As to the question about Desantis and Cuomo, for once, Petey's right, though not why he states. (and "hates" would be inaccurate for either)

Cuomo's going to get tossed by his own party for actions for which, IMO, he indeed deserves to be forced out of office. The Dems are actually being consistent with their principles on this one.

That's why it won't matter further, once done.

Desantis, however, will continue to be Desantis and get fawning support from people like Petey. (Which for me, tells me all I really need to know!)

He'll continue to cost lives. He'll continue to be an authoritarian who wraps himself in faux patriotism.

And so, he'll continue to be a threat to democracy, if he indeed gains a leadership role in the GOP as he's being positioned to do. The GOP is in death rattle stage, but fully capable of doing extreme damage as they go down...as they refuse to go down without a "fight". And a guy like Desantis is fully capable of being a far more competent fascist than Trump.

So, Desantis will continue to matter.

Now, Desantis might surprise me and reform himself, reject the angry, white supremacist, anti-science far right and simply be a competent, conservative leaning Governor...if so, I'll embrace that change...I'll "be for Missouri" the "show me state" but I'll give him that chance...but right now he's tacking really hard the other way.
Never count King Andy out. His life's mission is to run for POTUS. I'm still wondering how so many folks on this forum never held King Andy accountable for his creation of a toxic work environment in his own administration . Well now that the truth has come out they are quickly throwing the king under the bus. I said all along that Tish James is now perfectly set up to be the next governor of NYS.
A hypothetical for you MD. A newly reformed King Andy runs against Sir Ronnie. Who do you support?
:lol: That's quite the hypothetical!
Some sort of alternate universe reality...what was that back in the old Superman comics?

I vote third party protest candidate like I did in 2016.
Until somebody drives a stake in King Andy's heart I will never count him out of the run for POTUS. Underestimate him at your own risk.
Not on a Democratic ticket.
He'd need to flip to the GOP.
what a world, what a world,...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.. Cuomo is dead as a politician in the democratic party.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:02 pm .. Cuomo is dead as a politician in the democratic party.

Ralph Northam survived fine. Heck, Terry the used car salesman McAuliffe begs Ralph for the endorsement.

Democrats are goal oriented only. Whoever or whatever is in the way is simply possible collateral damage. Ethics be damned.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:04 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:02 pm .. Cuomo is dead as a politician in the democratic party.

Ralph Northam survived fine. Heck, Terry the used car salesman McAuliffe begs Ralph for the endorsement.

Democrats are goal oriented only. Whoever or whatever is in the way is simply possible collateral damage. Ethics be damned.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... gasp. snort. choke. wheeze.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:09 pm

I agree…can you believe Northam never resigned and Democrats didn’t care that he wore blackface and a KKK hood?!?!?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We're back to the gator troll. Incessant.
While he exhibits incredible gross dumbness, he actually knows better...which is what makes it trolling.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:30 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:13 am
I don't see Chris as the same sort of guy as Andrew.
Different sons, 13 years apart...very different personalities.
So which one are you sympathetic to?

:lol:

Both are a holes and deserve what they get.

And Chris being triggered by being called Fredo has nothing to do with ethnicity. It has everything to do with being called wussy, ineffectual and incompetent.

It's just easier to seek forgiveness for his over-reaction by saying he was "offended by a slur" rather than the truth of just being offended by being referred to as the wussy, incompetent, and ineffectual brother.
Where do you get the sense that Chris is an a-hole?

Because he's "triggered" by what he immediately perceives to be an ethnic slur? That would have ticked me off too, in his shoes. The a-hole was the guy in his face. And it was certainly an ethnic slur.
I agree that the guy calling him Fredo is looking for a confrontation. But Chris's response is exactly how an A-hole responds. Big tough guy. Threatens to beat him up...like Sonny does to Carlo Rizzi. Typical a-hole response.

Again, Chris wasn't mad because of a "ethnic slur." He was mad because he KNOWS that the comment really means he's the ineffectual joke of a brother. He also knows a quarter of the country will ignore the facts and be sympathetic if they hear the words "ethnic slur."

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:03 pm

And Chris being triggered by being called Fredo has nothing to do with ethnicity. It has everything to do with being called wussy, ineffectual and incompetent.

It's just easier to seek forgiveness for his over-reaction by saying he was "offended by a slur" rather than the truth of just being offended by being referred to as the wussy, incompetent, and ineffectual brother.

Because he's "triggered" by what he immediately perceives to be an ethnic slur? That would have ticked me off too, in his shoes. The a-hole was the guy in his face. And it was certainly an ethnic slur.
I agree that the guy calling him Fredo is looking for a confrontation. But Chris's response is exactly how an A-hole responds. Big tough guy. Threatens to beat him up...like Sonny does to Carlo Rizzi. Typical a-hole response.

Again, Chris wasn't mad because of a "ethnic slur." He was mad because he KNOWS that the comment really means he's the ineffectual joke of a brother. He also knows a quarter of the country will ignore the facts and be sympathetic if they hear the words "ethnic slur."

Uh oh. Looks like Andy is settling in for the long fight. I’m almost tempted to donate to his defense fund to prolong the internecine squabble. You only get 5 for fighting in politics. :lol:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/defau ... Report.pdf
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I don’t buy that. He’s genuinely pissed off to the point of not being in control, not someone thinking about how to spin it for the public if it happens to be caught on video.

You are putting motivation s into his head that simply are made up, not consistent with what we actually see and hear happen.

Is he an a-hole for losing his cool? Maybe. But we don’t know what preceded, what else this guy did to wind him up.

I certainly understand why someone loses his cool. The few times it’s happened with me, I threw the punch before I even thought of doing so. Just snapped. Not ok, but I get it how that can happen.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:18 pm

While he exhibits incredible gross dumbness, he actually knows better...which is what makes it trolling.
Took longer than I imagined for his "return".
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Took longer than I imagined for his "return".
Me too...he did seem to be at least 'trying' to have actual discussions at first. Ahh well.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Did you know Tom Hagen was having an affair with Sonny’s wife? I loved Carlo’s weaselly character.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:18 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 pm Is Fredo still on TV?
Plenty.

An ethnic slur is an ethnic slur there aren't nuances, you cant be a little bit pregnant.

I agree that it's an ethnic slur, as it was being used by the guy getting in Chris' face. Not the "same as" the n-word, it does not carry the same sort of weight, but nevertheless a slur.
:shock: :lol: ...is being called Goebbels or Mussolini an ethnic slur ? ...or Fredo when applied to Trump jr ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: It’s okay to do here if you post a lot.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:39 am :lol: It’s okay to do here if you post a lot.
:) it would be an ethnic slur if an ethnic slur was actually implied. As in, you're German, so I'm going to call you Goebbels, or you're Italian, so I'll call you Mussolini instead.

There's no basis to suggest that Petey is German, so no such ethnic slur implied.

Far as I know, Trump's kid isn't of Italian heritage, so it wouldn't make sense as an ethnic slur. Haven't heard Don Jr called "Fredo" though. Would make more sense for Eric, if meant as the lesser brother, but haven't heard Fredo for him either...plenty of SNL skits making fun of him though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:18 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 pm Is Fredo still on TV?
Plenty.

An ethnic slur is an ethnic slur there aren't nuances, you cant be a little bit pregnant.

I agree that it's an ethnic slur, as it was being used by the guy getting in Chris' face. Not the "same as" the n-word, it does not carry the same sort of weight, but nevertheless a slur.
:shock: :lol: ...is being called Goebbels or Mussolini an ethnic slur ? ...or Fredo when applied to Trump jr ?
One is relating to actual behavior the other is related to state of being from birth. So you not see the difference? Or chose not to?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So this just happened at my kids school which is just a few blocks away from my house. So folks don’t jump to really dumb conclusions, the principal is a short, stubby black lady who’s made and implemented this decision. Unfortunate because it’s considered one of the beat elementary schools in the city.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/parent ... KDOIkAfZe8
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:29 am So this just happened at my kids school which is just a few blocks away from my house. So folks don’t jump to really dumb conclusions, the principal is a short, stubby black lady who’s made and implemented this decision. Unfortunate because it’s considered one of the beat elementary schools in the city.

Yikes, what the heck???

It'd be interesting to know more about the rationale for this. Hard to imagine.

I could see a breakout from an American History or Social Studies class (in middle or high school) to discuss a specific topic regarding race, perhaps to enable a bit less restricted conversation, if there was a sense that some kids were holding their tongues in the mixed group, and then the return to a full discussion fully integrated, but that'd be very brief and highly intentional.

But separate classrooms by race? Huh?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:29 am So this just happened at my kids school which is just a few blocks away from my house. So folks don’t jump to really dumb conclusions, the principal is a short, stubby black lady who’s made and implemented this decision. Unfortunate because it’s considered one of the beat elementary schools in the city.

Yikes, what the heck???

I could see a breakout from an American History or Social Studies class (in middle or high school) to discuss a specific topic regarding race, perhaps to enable a bit less restricted conversation, if there was a sense that some kids were holding their tongues in the mixed group, and then the return to a full discussion fully integrated, but that'd be very brief and highly intentional.

It’s stupid and wrong no doubt but the “rationale” was that there was a limited amount of black kids at the school and some had special needs so they needed to be with two specific teachers. Special needs wasn’t described so could be her interpretation of their home environment vs something more quantifiable but either way you just don’t do it based on race.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Yikes, what the heck???

It’s stupid and wrong no doubt but the “rationale” was that there was a limited amount of black kids at the school and some had special needs so they needed to be with two specific teachers. Special needs wasn’t described so could be her interpretation of their home environment vs something more quantifiable but either way you just don’t do it based on race.
Yes, actual special needs would be integrated, presumably.

I can see a remedial class which might just happen to be mostly one race, due to recruiting of underprivileged kids that happen to be black or hispanic or whatever, but usually that stuff is done in the summer or as an extra class, etc.

But yikes, not by race.
And they're putting the special needs black kids together...plus the non-special needs black kids...yup, principal has some serious explaining to do!

Return to “POLITICS”