DMac

Re: New Pro Women's League

Post by DMac »

Damn, really nice goal by Levy.
2-2 end of 1.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:56 pm These girls are playing pretty much only for the love of the game (my guess anyway), who wins and who loses or what the standings are doesn't mean a whole lot to me. The athleticism and skill level of these players is what I enjoy about this league, they really are the best in the world and watching this level of play is thoroughly enjoyable for me. The rules allow them to do much more than they could in the college game, it's quick, fast, up and down the field, the D is very tough, the O is terrific and a fine display passing, catching, and shooting. I'll watch every one of these games and am thrilled to be able to see some of my favorites play again. Good stuff in my book.
I don't disagree with anything you said. It's obvious you are enjoying the games and the players and that's great. Along those lines, there was a new podcast with two former Syracuse greats that came out today. They spent the whole show talking about the new league. I think you'd enjoy hearing it if you're interested.

https://twitter.com/ILWomen/status/1423 ... 20064?s=20
DMac

Post by DMac »

Will listen to it, thanks.
4-4 at the half, really good game.
It should also be mentioned that the McKayla Maroney ad is pretty darn good too.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ohmiller 9-8, another hard fought and really good game.
Apuzzo is just an incredibly complete player and absolutely ferocious competitor. She's something else.
Levy looking more nimble and agile tonight than I've ever seen her. Had some sweet moves around the cage.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:54 pm Ohmiller 9-8, another hard fought and really good game.
Apuzzo is just an incredibly complete player and absolutely ferocious competitor. She's something else.
Levy looking more nimble and agile tonight than I've ever seen her. Had some sweet moves around the cage.
Loved watching Sam play for those years at BC. I've never seen anyone ride like she did. Worked as hard on that as she did on the draw and scoring goals. One of a kind--Sam Apuzzo.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:03 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:54 pm Ohmiller 9-8, another hard fought and really good game.
Loved watching Sam play for those years at BC. I've never seen anyone ride like she did. Worked as hard on that as she did on the draw and scoring goals. One of a kind--Sam Apuzzo.
Where was K. Treanor last night? Didn't play - right?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:33 am
She's listed as being on Team Ohlmiller but didn't play. Maybe she's getting ready for Fall Ball?

OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:45 am Schedule and channels for week three.

WEEK 3 SCHEDULE
All times Eastern

Saturday, Aug. 7
Read vs. Arsenault, 6 p.m. (YouTube)
In case folks would rather not watch a game on YouTube — this game is also listed at 8 PM on Fox Sports 2 (FS2)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:33 am
Commentators said she had a family matter to tend to and had to go home for that. Went into no details beyond that.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:34 am

WEEK 3 SCHEDULE
All times Eastern

Saturday, Aug. 7
In case folks would rather not watch a game on YouTube — this game is also listed at 8 PM on Fox Sports 2 (FS2)
Not entirely sure why but the game isn’t showing up on FS2’s schedule for me
OuttaNowhereWregget

glaxer24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:47 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:34 am

WEEK 3 SCHEDULE
All times Eastern

Saturday, Aug. 7
Not entirely sure why but the game isn’t showing up on FS2’s schedule for me
Perhaps your provider hasn't updated their listings yet? I'm looking at the listings on YouTube TV in the Boston area:

DMac

Post by DMac »

Ho hum, just another 1-1 tie at the end of 1 in a fast passed game played by some mighty speedy gals with really nice sticks.

More ho hum, 3-3 at the half.
Some nice assists being thrown.
Very good game.
Q. What do DMac and Ohmiller have in common?
A. Both write left and throw right.

Oh my, my, my, what a sweet btb assist from Ohmiller to Levy!!!
4-4.

7-5 Wood, final.
No goals in the 4th.
Very good game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 pm why are the Black players ALL primarily on defense?? I would love to get some answers to these questions.
Any questions now about why Wood is playing D?
The 17.4 mph runner is incredible on that end of
the field.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:54 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 pm why are the Black players ALL primarily on defense?? I would love to get some answers to these questions.
the field.
She’s really exploded at the professional level and it’s so amazing to see
OuttaNowhereWregget

I was watching a bit in the last two quarters. Nasty retaliation stick by Pirreca on the play she got whistled for a yellow. The slash/stickwork that provoked it was pretty nasty too. Yikes! I've seen nasty stickwork in college--worse than this but I didn't expect to see it in this league they're trying to make a go of.
OuttaNowhereWregget

the field.
Why do you think that is the case, Larry?
DMac

Post by DMac »

This game has been switched to 7???? That's not good, got an invite to the deck of the watering hole at 7 on a perfect summer evening...damn.
Question #2.
What do DMac and Halle Majorana have in common?
A. Both can juggle.
totc

Post by totc »

glaxer24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:56 pm
the field.
She’s really exploded at the professional level and it’s so amazing to see
She's quietly put together some awesome outings! She's forced most of us (including me) to notice her value and her quality of play.
totc

Post by totc »

Ask Gina Oliver and Cherie Greer, too.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

the field.

DMac...I would like you to really think about your answer above. Say it to yourself a few times, then imagine how that must sound to me. It really sounds and comes off as (you insert the proper word here).

It seems that Kayla was a 2 way Middie in HS, but in college she was pretty much a defender. I wonder why? Fair question? And I am in no way speaking for Kayla. She played a solid role for UNC in her career, appearing in 66 games and starting in 33. I still wonder why JUST a defender? I know if she had been a client of mine, I would have trained her as a 2 way Middie and insisted that she present herself to perspective College Coaches as such. I have watched a lot of Middies who go on both sides of the field and Wood could have been right there with the best of them.

BTW...where did you get the 17.4 mph runner from?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”